SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Shulk's counter did the trick for me, just make sure you press forward when it hits. (when you do that Shulk quickly slides forward and cuts the opponent, if you don't he jumps back then swings wildly)

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*squints* 99% of people playing For Glory mode are trying to win. Even if its for the funzies, they are still trying to win. Just because you can win against a bunch of people, doesnt mean they arent trying to win.

I didn't say I was the one with this problem. And I very specifically said bad players aren't the problem.

Nice ass-pull statistic, by the way.

Well, getting every challenge isn't possible. Because getting enough KOs in Cruel Smash is impossible. I only ever get any if the Miis suicide and only one suicides. Otherwise, there's no way you can knock any out. They're too strong. Why the developers did this, I have no idea. Sakurai really is a big troll...

Well, I did it, so it's clearly possible. I used Shulk's counter.

This mode has existed since Melee and people have always found ways to get lots of kills.

You do know about those hammers, right? Like the challenge hammers from Brawl, where you can use them to get a freebie? Yeah. Those exist.

Seeing as I mentioned the hammers in the post right above yours, I obviously do know about them...

To the rest of you, I don't use Shulk or Kirby. So any other ideas?

Well, getting every challenge isn't possible. Because getting enough KOs in Cruel Smash is impossible. I only ever get any if the Miis suicide and only one suicides. Otherwise, there's no way you can knock any out. They're too strong. Why the developers did this, I have no idea. Sakurai really is a big troll...

Counter really works well against them, thanks to their AI being as stupid as bricks. Still very very difficult.

Seeing as I mentioned the hammers in the post right above yours, I obviously do know about them...

use shulk or kirby anyway?

it doesn't matter if you use your mains, it matters that you get the challenge

I got two kills with Shulk's counter. I'd say a well-timed series of counters is the best way to get kills in cruel smash?

You can always use other counters like Ike's or Little Mac's.

Why are you so averse to trying out characters outside your favroites? Not maining them is one thing, but not trying them out for even one challenge?

You have dozens of options. If one way doesn't work, try another one.

Because I'd like to try completing as many challenges as possible with my favorites. Obviously I'm forced to use other characters for certain ones (such as winning a number of matches with a character that isn't a favorite or having to complete a certain mode with a large number of characters), but for the challenges where I can use anyone, I want to try using my favorites.

I'll use others if I absolutely must. Like, I used Kirby to get a combo of 10 in training because I didn't think it possible with Ike or Luigi. Of course, this was before I got told of that grab trick. xP

Okay, wtf? A challenge says to get 50 or more KOs in Rival Smash. And I got 62. But it didn't unlock.

I believe you have to have at least 50 more KOs than your rival after the match. So try and get like 53 or so more and quickly suicide.

And Greninja'd. And I thought of it more as counting your score needing to be at least 50, because after you get KO'd it shows you your final score.

Edited by Konnor97

God damn it.

Was he any good?

lel.

Mediocre at best.

Theres a really good Bowser in the lobby i was in though. Went by the name of travs or something.

Easy there, All-Star. We posted at the same time

The challenge didn't say this though. :/ It was worded poorly then.

Yeah, I was equally as frustrated when I discovered this. :\ I have a hard enough time just getting to fifty, let alone getting fifty more than my opponent.

Because I'd like to try completing as many challenges as possible with my favorites. Obviously I'm forced to use other characters for certain ones (such as winning a number of matches with a character that isn't a favorite or having to complete a certain mode with a large number of characters), but for the challenges where I can use anyone, I want to try using my favorites.

I'll use others if I absolutely must. Like, I used Kirby to get a combo of 10 in training because I didn't think it possible with Ike or Luigi. Of course, this was before I got told of that grab trick. xP

Ana you can't do everything as only Ike and Luigi, I'm sorry to say. Some characters are just better matchups for specific situations, and if you're going to /seriously/ try to do everything as one of them, you either need to become PKL-quality talented, get really lucky, or just suck it up and use another character for the sake of unlocking a challenge thing just to reduce the stress

Edited by Sara.

Everyone else responded the way I was originally going to, so:

I tried doing Cruel Smash with Ike originally, just going to the edge and trying to gimp with Aether, but 2 KOs was the best I could manage, and it was all luck anyway. The best you can do is try to time counters well, but otherwise, this is definitely a challenge you shouldn't be too focused on using Ike or Luigi for.

Luigi probably doesn't stand a chance unless you can sweet spot an up B hit on all four at once. Needless to say, that's not likely to happen (for anyone).

Board three wants you to get a 100 combo, which I'm pretty sure is impossible with Ike or Luigi, lol. Fox is the only one I've gotten it with (I haven't tried everyone, stopped when I got it with him).

Oh, my bad. I'd love to unlock every challenge, but I don't think that's going to happen. At least not any time soon. xP

If anyone who owns the English version of the game is close to unlocking every challenge, they've played way more than they should. One challenge is 50 hours in Smash.

Board three wants you to get a 100 combo, which I'm pretty sure is impossible with Ike or Luigi, lol. Fox is the only one I've gotten it with (I haven't tried everyone, stopped when I got it with him).

This can be done with all characters, actually.

This can be done with anyone; just throw down a bunch of Smart Bombs.