QOTD Thread: The End

Interest

My psychology class told me so, have to look up to confirm what it was it told me though

something about "wide-view" thinking, maybe

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My answer is yes and no. No because you aren't limited to any age to learn anything. Yes, because it may require getting older to understand most of things and usually getting older allows you to broaden your horizons thus broaden your understanding more than, say, a child.

generally, yes

in that being older doesn't mean you're more relevant to any given subject (playground rules), more that you're more likely to be relevant to a given subject and more experience -> more events to pull on -> more likely you've seen or done something that gives you some insight into what's going on.

so yes, but more in a statistical way really.

good post, i'll 'ave me a bit of that

New question!

What is your favorite video game quote? While this would typically be spoken by a character, there may be some interesting quote from text in the game or something like that.

This question was really tough for me because I have a lot of memorable quotes that I really like. One is related to the Dust theme I used to have. However, I would have to say just about everything involving Algalon from WoW. The first quote listed here in particular is the most noteworthy.

Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope. Statement: This definition, I am told, is subject to interpretation. Obviously, love is a matter of odds. Not many meatbags could make such a shot, and fewer would derive love from it. Yet for me, love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticule, and together, achieving a singular purpose, against statistically long odds.

- HK-47, Knights of the Old Republic

i can't believe it's anything from fire emblem, a series i haven't touched in multiple years, but "GWAHAHA! COULDN'T'VE ASKED FOR A BETTER ENDING!!" is probably it.

i didn't want to be mainstream here

Edited by Parrhesia

"Okay, all right, fine! How about this reason? Seems as good as any. I do all the wonderful things I do because I want to see the miserable look on the faces of people like ''you'' when you're wallowing in despair, dismay, grief, frustration, misery... all sorts of other unpleasant nouns. At least misery is interesting."

-Hazama/Yuuki Terumi, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift

'My sword-arm itches for battle, and my horn longs to be sounded! You understand the need we have for haste, <name> -- you are not like these others, who live for such a long span that the concerns of the present must seem trivial, or meaningless. But it is not so!

- Boromir, LOTRO

I couldn't actually find the 'you should be coming with us, fuck the Hobbits' line, but this will have to do.

"Okay, all right, fine! How about this reason? Seems as good as any. I do all the wonderful things I do because I want to see the miserable look on the faces of people like ''you'' when you're wallowing in despair, dismay, grief, frustration, misery... all sorts of other unpleasant nouns. At least misery is interesting."

-Hazama/Yuuki Terumi, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift

That reminds me

"Guess who's home and not preggers anymore?!"

-same person

"Am I a butterfly dreaming I am a man? Or am I a bowling ball dreaming I am a plate of sashimi? Never assume what you see and feel is real."

--Doreen, Chrono Trigger

Also:
"I like shorts! They are comfy and easy to wear!"

--Jr Trainer

Edited by Loki Laufeyson