It would be, but it has the wrong distribution to be used as a lead and doesn't give the right bonuses to make a good support. DKs are a class that should be good but just don't fit anywhere (+Spd Robin!Owain is probably the best candidate for one).

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be, but it has the wrong distribution to be used as a lead and doesn't give the right bonuses to make a good support. DKs are a class that should be good but just don't fit anywhere (+Spd Robin!Owain is probably the best candidate for one).

Now, is Robin!Owain better as a Grandmaster or Dark Knight? Personally I prefer him as GM but...

Has anyone ever tried making Fred!Inigo a Griffon Rider? I feel like he won't have the speed to pull off Wyvern Lord, and while axefaire Hero is the obvious way to go, it's kind of boring to have another Hero.

I know Griffon Riders aren't that good, but curious if this is workable.

Now, is Robin!Owain better as a Grandmaster or Dark Knight? Personally I prefer him as GM but...

Probably GM. He'll want a Dark Flier pairup either way, but it's very hard for a DF to hit 75 Spd with a +0 pairup and keep TF (2nd gen, only Gaius!Cynthia can do it) and very easy to reach that with GM's +2 Spd- notably sibling Lucina/Cynthia and Virion!Severa can do the job. GM's +Str/Mag is also more useful than DK's +Def/Res, and since DFs have 8 Mov anyway DK's ferrying ability wouldn't see much use.

Mind you, though, having both sides of a double Galepair hit 75 Spd is almost completely pointless. It's technically still a good thing because it lets you choose which side you fight with and still get the double, though, so I do consider it an improvement over the alternative and thus grounds for being "better". But this is still one of those scenarios where you're optimizing for optimization's sake alone.

Maybe its just me, but I find Virion!Brady to be an effective as a DK imo.

He's stuck with the painful combination of a +3 Spd mod, a base 40 class and no room for All+2, unfortunately. But if you upgraded to Lon'qu!Brady, he could hit 69 Spd with no All+2 and a +0 support, and that could be very useful. Female Sages don't see much use, and this is a decent spot to put one. Ricken!Noire would be a great choice, as she both gets a Galeboy and doesn't have a high Spd mod to waste (but still hits 69 without All+2).

Another good choice for a DK could be Ricken!Owain with a Bride pairup- perhaps another Noire (Vaike? They'd have the option of switching to Sniper x Sage/Berserker).

Has anyone ever tried making Fred!Inigo a Griffon Rider? I feel like he won't have the speed to pull off Wyvern Lord, and while axefaire Hero is the obvious way to go, it's kind of boring to have another Hero.

His Wyvern isn't actually prohibitively slow- with any +Spd support, he hits 66, and he doesn't mind missing 69 because there's no way you'd attack Thronie with a melee male (if you do mind it, though, a Falco support can fix things up with no need for All+2).

Swapping to Griffon yields +3 Spd, which does allow for 69 with any +Spd support. He'll be packing Axes either way, so you're mostly looking at a trade of 6 Str for 5 Skl and +1 Mov on pairup.

That's what's on the table, you decide if it's worth it.

This is probably a bit on the unorthodox side, but I'm trying to figure out how to get child units that look as close to their official art as possible. Like, same hair colors. I've determined that Nah, Inigo, and Gerome are the ones that will be basically impossible (none of that nice pink hair for Gerome, sadly,) unless the Avatar steps in with one of those hair options. But this is what I've got so far, discounting the Avatar/Morgans.

Sully x Lon'qu/Kellam/Chrom

Sumia x ? (Curses you Sumia, only marrying a few men. So picky.)

Cordelia x Gregor/Ricken

Maribelle x Libra/Vaike

Lissa x Libra/Vaike

Tharja x ? (I forgot what hair color Noire has, although I think it's black. In that case, Lon'qu works best, again.)

Nowi x ? (No one gives Nah that wonderfully bright green hair she has. Stahl is more of an olive green.)

Cherche x ? (Same problem with Nah, except with pink hair. Gregor would probably work.)

Panne x Henry

Olivia x ? (Grey hair Inigo, really? Virion's blue is the closest you can get without Avatar.)

Miriel x Ricken/Gregor

Any suggestions? I'm pretty stuck, as you can probably tell.

Gonna throw in my brief thoughts.

Sully x Lon'qu/Kellam/Chrom

Stay away from Sully x Chrom. Try either Gaius or Donnel for Galeforce

Sumia x ? (Curses you Sumia, only marrying a few men. So picky.)

Henry's your best option then

Cordelia x Gregor/Ricken

Gregor is my personal choice and while its not a bad choice of pairing by any means; Vaike, Lon'qu, and Stahl are most likely your best options.

Lissa x Libra/Vaike

Either Libra or Ricken, Vaike!Owain is terrible :T

Tharja x ? (I forgot what hair color Noire has, although I think it's black. In that case, Lon'qu works best, again.)

I would say Gaius IMO.

Too lazy to think of the rest atm, Czar will probably elaborate on the rest like he always do o3o

Edited by Formerly Colm

Gonna throw in my brief thoughts.

Did you read their post? They're trying to optimize around the closest-to-OA hair color, and not strictly gameplay.

Sully x Lonk prolly has better stats, but Kellam is the fastest support with her and Kjelle IS a knight, so take that as you will. Fwiw I liked Tharja and Kellam's support, though. One of her better supports imo. They're prolly interchangable in terms of hair color, anyway.

I /think/ Ricken's red is closer to Cord's than Gregor's. I'm not looking at the OA atm and just going by memory though, so I can be 300% wrong.

Okay yeah, I'm dumb my bad. :x But even still...

Gaius!Noire looks aesthetically appealing with Orange x Green

Henry's hair is kinda a closest resemblance to Cynthia's canon-hair. Donnel!Kjelle too?

Same applies to Libra, only Libra>Vaike for obvious reasons.

Edited by Formerly Colm

I would do:

Sully x Donnel - looks close to the official artwork and the purple tint is even better. Though if it has to look as close as possible with no leeway, then Kellam (bleh)

Sumia x Fred/MU

Cordelia x Ricken

Lissa X Libra/MU

Mairbelle X Henry (IMO white hair looks like pretty much blonde in the portrait artwork) or Libra

Tharja X Lon'qu/MU

Nowi X Stahl/MU

Cheche X Gaius/MU

Panne X anyone (you barely see the dad's hair on Yarne).

Olivia X Virion/MU

Miriel X Gregor

Ooh, Donnel!Kjelle really does look good with the purple tint! Sumia will probably go with Frederick because MU'd go with Cherche. I'd really love to see Gerome with that pretty bubblegum pink hair, haha. Although Lon'qu does look the best with Noire, I really don't like his and Tharja's ending. Oh well, what can you do, I suppose. I could break rank and let Lon'qu go with Sully instead, their support is nice. Hm.

Lon'qu!Inigio makes his official art look like he went grey with worry or something, haha. Lon'qu and Olivia are seriously cute though. Gosh, I wasn't planning to do this style of playthrough anytime soon, but I might have to it within the week, I'm itching to start playing with these pairings. On Normal of course, since it's just something fun to do.

My definite pairings are:

Sully x Donny

Cordelia x Ricken

Miriel x Gregor

Maribelle x Libra

Lissa x Vaike

Cherche x MU (With pink hair for Gerome, of course. I think it's Hair Color 6 but I could be wrong.)

These are ones I could be persuaded to change:

Olivia x Lon'qu

Tharja x Kellam (or Frederick)

Nowi x ? (I might give her Gaius. Or Stahl. Her hair color... can't even.)

Panne x Henry

Sumia x Frederick (Most likely will marry her to Chrom though, he needs a wife.)

Yeah Maiden!Lucina is probably the only way to match each person with an ideal hair color, but if you don't want to ruin Lucina, then you'll wound up making exceptions.

Some of those kids will end up umm..not good, but if it's Normal, and it's for fun, then obviously it shouldn't be an issue.

Yeah, I'm not particularly worried about the kids not good-ness. I'll probably delete the file shortly after I get all the children anyways and beat Grima, maybe after running 'em a couple times through the Scramble DLCs because those are really fun. xD Anyways, I get another Avatar to add to my Avatar Army outta this, so yay. :D

Hi guys,

So after taking in you guys' considerations, I made some changes to the classes and pairings.

Next suggestions I want are for the skill sets.

Here's what I have thus far.

**Edit:** Made some changes from suggestions.

**Physical:**

1. Wyvern Lord Severa, Frontliner [Limit Breaker, Galeforce, Vantage, Vengeance, Lancefaire]

x

Berserker Gerome, Supporter [Limit Breaker, Aggressor, Axefaire, Anathema, Hex]

2. Hero Kjelle, Frontliner [Limit Breaker, Galeforce, Luna, Vantage, Swordfaire]

x

Berserker Yarne, Supporter [Limit Breaker, Aggressor, Hit +20, Axefaire, Swordbreaker]

3. Hero Inigo, Frontliner [Limit Breaker, Galeforce, Aggressor, Vantage, Luna]

x

Hero Nah, Supporter [Limit Breaker, Axefaire, All +2, Swordbreaker, Dual Guard+]

**Magical:**

1. Sage Brady, Skirmisher [Limit Breaker, Galeforce, Aggressor, Tomefaire, Luna]

x

Dark Flier Cynthia, Skirmisher [Limit Breaker, Galeforce, Aether, Luna, Tomefaire]

2. Sage Laurent, Frontliner [Limit Breaker, Vantage, Vengeance, Aggressor, Tomefaire]

x

Dark Flier Noire, Skirmisher [Limit Breaker, Galeforce, Luna, Vantage, Lancefaire]

**Mixed:**

1. Sage Robin, Frontliner (+Speed, -Defense)[Limit Breaker, Aggressor, Tomefaire, Vantage, Vengeance]

x

Sniper Lucina, Skirmisher [Limit Breaker, Aether, Luna, Dual Strike+, Galeforce]

2. Sage Owain, Frontliner [Limit Breaker, Galeforce, Vantage, Vengeance, Aggressor]

x

Sniper Morgan, Skirmisher [Limit Breaker, Aether, Luna, Bowfaire, Galeforce]

**Here were their parents:**

1. Chrom x Sumia = Lucina (Aether Luna Sniper, Skirmish) & Cynthia (Aether Luna Dark Flier, Skirmish)

2. Lissa x Libra = Owain (Vantage Vengeance Sage, Frontliner)

3. Sully x Donnel = Kjelle (Vantage Luna Assassin, Frontliner)

4. Miriel x Gregor = Laurent (Vantage Vengeance Sage, Frontliner)

5. Maribelle x Ricken = Brady (Galeforce Luna Sage, Frontliner)

6. Panne x Virion = Yarne (Hit Rate Berserker, Support)

7. Cordelia x Lon'qu = Severa (Vantage Vengeance Assassin, Frontliner)

8. Nowi x Vaike = Nah (Dual Guard+ Hero, Support)

9. Tharja x Gaius = Noire (Vantage Luna Dark Flier, Skirmish)

10. Olivia x Stahl = Inigo (Vantage Luna Hero, Frontliner)

11. Cherche x Henry = Gerome (Anathema Hex Berserker, Support)

12. Robin x Lucina = Morgan (Aether Luna Sniper, Skirmish)

Thanks for any suggestions!

Edited by YTakumiY

Gerome might prefer Hex over Swordbreaker.

Armsthrift isn't that useful for how many people you have it on. It's good for preserving something like Aversa's Night or the Double Bow, but otherwise you're using Braves/Longbows, which are mass produceable.

Okay so I'm having trouble figuring out a father for this guy... I'm considering Inigo because he's hot and I like him but I can't find a build that will give Morgan the mods to double everything while still having reasonable Str and Def. (this is for Apo btw)

M!Morgan@Sniper (+Spd -Def mom)

-LB

-Aggressor

-Armsthrift

-Counter/Bowfaire (I've heard Counter is worthless but I have my misgivings)

-Galeforce

The whole idea is to have this guy abuse the Double Bow at 3 range and kill everything. He'll probably want a Zerker Pair-Up or something.

What class should these children be in?

Gregor!Kjelle

Skill set: Sol, Luna, Indoor Fighter, Def +2

Henry!Cynthia

Skill set: lancefaire (it's too late for galeforce), Vengeance, Spd +2, relief

Lonqu!Brady

Skill set: lethality, dual support+, miracle, heal touch

Libra!Noire

Skill set: renewal, vengeance, Skl +2, persicience (probably misspelled)

I know the skills and pairings may not be very good but all the other males were either dead or married off and reeking boxes cost too much money...

Edited by EarthboundAddict

Gerome might prefer Hex over Swordbreaker.

Armsthrift isn't that useful for how many people you have it on. It's good for preserving something like Aversa's Night or the Double Bow, but otherwise you're using Braves/Longbows, which are mass produceable.

Thanks for the tips!

So I made some changes according to the suggestions on reddit. I'm kinda iffy on Laurent x Nah though...especially with their classes.

Hi guys,

So after taking in you guys' considerations, I made some changes to the classes and pairings.
Next suggestions I want are for the skill sets.
Here's what I have thus far.

Vantage and Agg don't mix, get rid of Vantage on Kjelle and give her Astra instead. Same goes for Inigo, give him a Faire instead. Laurent and Noire as well, they're especially problematic since you've got Vantage on both units (it's a bad skill in the first place, but you're really using it everywhere).

Noire is also lacking Tomefaire, so you should probably consider running her physical instead for better damage output. +Spd on Robin will do nothing with your current setup, as VV units don't use their Spd and Morgan can't reach 75 even with it with that setup (I'd advise making him +Mag and doing something else with Morgan, such as Valkyrie). Robin's VV also is questionable because Sniper Lucina's DSes will be very weak and you won't be able to kill anything useful.

Finally, you've got a ton of pairs with only 6 Mov, which is really underwhelming. You've got so many good potential Paladins and Bow Knights, use some!

Thanks for the tips!

So I made some changes according to the suggestions on reddit. I'm kinda iffy on Laurent x Nah though...especially with their classes.

Don't put too much stock in what Reddit says. As for Laurent x Nah, pairs without a single GF user can't move around properly and just get benched, so stay away from that.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

Aha Czar! Just the person I wanted to ask.

So here's an updated version of my set up. It should more organized now at least :D

Btw, what's your opinion on Sniper vs Bow Knight? I'm so tempted to use Longbow for getting in free shots. :3

So for Robin x Lucina pairing, I'm so tempted to replace Dual Strike+ with something like Tomefaire too...

Edited: Changed formatting for Czar_Yoshi. :)

Physical:

1. Wyvern Lord Lon'qu!Severa, Frontliner [Limit Breaker, Galeforce, All Stat+2, Vengeance, Lancefaire]
    x
    Berserker Henry!Gerome, Supporter [Limit Breaker, Aggressor, Axefaire, Anathema, All Stat+2]

2. Paladin Donnel!Kjelle, Frontliner [Limit Breaker, Galeforce, Luna, Astra, Lancefaire]
    x
    Berserker Stahl!Yarne, Supporter [Limit Breaker, Aggressor, Hit +20, Axefaire, All Stat+2]

3. Paladin Frederick!Inigo, Frontliner [Limit Breaker, Galeforce, Aggressor, Swordfaire, Luna]
    x
    Hero Vaike!Nah, Supporter [Limit Breaker, Axefaire, All +2, Swordbreaker, Dual Guard+]

4. Bow Knight Gaius!Noire, Skirmisher [Limit Breaker, Galeforce, Luna, Astra, Bowfaire]
    x
    Berserker Gregor!Laurent, Support [Limit Breaker, Axefaire, Anathema, Aggressor, All Stat+2]

Magical:

1. Sage Virion!Brady, Skirmisher [Limit Breaker, Galeforce, Aggressor, Tomefaire, Luna]
    x
    Dark Flier Sumia!Cynthia, Skirmisher [Limit Breaker, Galeforce, Aether, Luna, All Stat+2]

2. Sage Robin, Frontliner (+Magic, -Defense)[Limit Breaker, Anathema, All Stat+2, Vantage, Vengeance]
    x
    Dark Flier Sumia!Lucina, Skirmisher [Limit Breaker, Aether, Luna, Dual Strike+, Galeforce]

3. Sage Ricken!Owain, Skirmisher [Limit Breaker, Galeforce, Tomefaire, Luna, Aggressor]
    x
    Valkyrie Sumia!Lucina!Morgan, Skirmisher [Limit Breaker, Aether, Luna, Tomefaire, Galeforce]

Speed Stat: 75 Speed required to double the 70 Speed Apotheosis Boss

1. Wyvern Lord Severa's Speed: 38 base class + 6 modifier + 2 skill + 2 tonic + 10 LB + 8 support + 10 rally = 76
  2. Paladin Kjelle's Speed: 40 base class + 2 modifier + 2 tonic + 10 LB + 8 support + 10 rally = 72
  3. Paladin Inigo's Speed: 40 base class + 0 modifier + 2 tonic + 10 LB + 8 support + 10 rally = 70
  4. Bow Knight Noire's Speed: 41 base class + 4 modifier + 2 tonic + 10 LB + 8 support + 10 rally = 75
  5. Sage Brady's Speed: 42 base class + 3 modifier + 2 tonic + 10 LB + 8 support + 10 rally = 75
  6. Dark Flier Cynthia's Speed: 42 base class + 5 modifier + 2 skill + 2 tonic + 10 LB + 5 support + 10 rally = 76
  7. Sage Robin's Speed: 42 base class + 2 modifier + 2 skill + 2 tonic + 10 LB + 8 support + 10 rally = 76
  8. Dark Flier Lucina's Speed: 42 base class + 5 modifier + 2 tonic + 10 LB + 5 support + 10 rally = 74
  9. Sage Owain's Speed: 42 base class + 1 modifier + 2 tonic + 10 LB + 7 support + 10 rally = 72
  10. Valkyrie Morgan's Speed: 43 base class + 7 modifier + 2 tonic + 10 LB + 5 support + 10 rally = 77
    Thanks for any suggestions!
Edited by YTakumiY