Nintendo announces the 2DS: a new member of the 3DS family

Quintessence

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sincerely thought this was a joke at first.

It's an interesting idea, but actually calling it a "Nintendo 2DS" is just too funny for me ^^;;;

That's coming from somebody who doesn't play with 3D on too.

Damn you beat me to posting about it. xD

But yeah it looks really awkward to hold with the xbya buttons at the top.

And the tablet-like design doesn't fit, i liked the clam shell design better.

I actually saw this through Cam which was neat. I don't really use my 3D on my 3DS but I understand how this thing could be used as a moneymaker. There's no real problem with it, I think the design is neat enough.

The design is hideous but it's actually a good idea. It will be cheap and will sell REALLY well.

Now we are close to the wii u without the tablet (which i'll buy without a doubt)

My god, imaginr playing kid icarus uprizing on that thing lol

Edited by Nobody

Nintendo 2DS is a funny name, I thought it was a joke too. looks so uncomfortable to use, buttons must be next to the screen below, and you can't put that on your pocket because is not clam shell (At least looks big)

I still don't have a console to play Pokemon X/Y on so this is good news as I'd rather save some money for gym and alcohol. I don't wait if I'll wait for that long since I'll want to have a console by the time the new Pokemon comes out (even though I was pretty close to ordering Awakening from abroad).

I like...!

Of course, I already HAVE a 3DS and I actually utilize the 3D function from time to time, so... not buying it. But I actually don't mind the design, and I'm sure it'll be very popular with younger children and their parents.

the only thing i can really fault it for is that the button orientation looks pretty awkward at first glance, owing almost entirely to how far away the home button is from the intended hand locations; last i checked, thumbs don't stretch that way. it also looks downright weird in that i've been used to the buttons being on the bottom half of Nintendo handhelds for so long, but that's more my loss than anything

otherwise, not bad. not bad at all. my 3DS is perfectly fine of course, so i certainly don't need one, but i sure as hell know quite a few people who'll be really glad for the slightly more budget option. i can hardly fault Nintendo for trying to make the device more accessible to the wallet

Probably would've gotten this myself if it was an option at the time, tbqh- I rarely bring my 3DS around and don't use 3D all that much. Would've been half the price too! Ah well.

They already had a Nintendo 2DS. It was called Nintendo DS.

Hardware upgrade, bro.

Also, what I heard is that some kid died because of said 3D feature or something.

But other than that, the price will attract at least some people, even though Nintendo's Youtube video is getting shelled A LOT of dislikes. xD

Also, what I heard is that some kid died because of said 3D feature or something.

What the actual fuck. How the hell that happened? I literally can not think of any way this could happen lol. That's the most stupid death I've ever heard about.

Edited by Nobody

I don't think anyone has died from 3D images, but there is ongoing debate on whether or not 3D is suitable for young eyes. There are also people who simply cannot stomach 3D effects and have headaches triggered. The design is really goofy but I think this device was mostly designed for the under-8 crowd, where the hinged design might prove to be more fragile. I imagine the battery life must be improved too. I personally won't be getting one, but theoretically this is s good idea. The overall look is kinda questionable though.