Fakeclaim Mafia - Game Over

BBM

Grassbridger: That was for Bizz, not you. We're talking about two completely different things, when it comes to why we each voted Bizz.

I'm really confused about why you linked to my post at all, though.

Whether or not that is what Grassbridger intended is something he needs to answer. I saw that question hanging there, and I wanted to see what you had to say about it.

What is it I need to answer? And what question did you see "hanging there" in my post? And how did Bizz answer it?

--

Shinori gives me bad vibes for some reason. I don't like the obviously role-related request to put us as close to a no-lynch as possible.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The post in question (interesting part in bold):

Ok, so my initial post wasn't about word choice (at least, not in my mind), but then Viata said (paraphrased) "well my word choice was weird, when I said 'wanted' I really meant 'wanted'." So I don't think that clarified anything. I guess I can see how this breaks down to word choice, and I know that's a thing I jump on erroneously (yay F2F experience), but when I posted it was like "I see a scumslip" and that's it.

Viata: I don't know what kinds of mistakes experienced players make versus inexperienced players, and I don't know your level of experience. This is the first game I've played with you. I'm not assuming any skill or lack of skill. What's the problem? That I thought you might have made a mistake?

Boron: it was Kirby Mafia that just finished like a week ago, not Avatar (unless it happened there too). I found BBM scummy for something really frivolous, I forget what. I accused him seriously, but mostly as a reaction test... then I got bogged down in defending myself because I was dumb, and people found me increasingly scummy the rest of the game. Hmm, sounds familiar...

##Unvote

It wasn't much to go on and as Boron pointed out, this is a mistake I have made before.

I am willing to believe Shinori is town on claim alone. . .but I think he's going about it wrong (put people who are suspicious on the lynch wagon, and none of this minimum garbage). Threatening people who have no idea what's in his role PM is not how to get the game to listen.

I know which role you have, Shinori, 'cause I played in that game. It doesn't require the minimum amount of lynches, only the scummiest people to be on the lynched target. In other words, you're doing it VERY wrong.

Well the way I see it it can work in one of two ways.

The way you mentioned and the way I mentioned.

Try to think of it from both views at what we can gain in each scenario.

The post in question (interesting part in bold):

I am willing to believe Shinori is town on claim alone. . .but I think he's going about it wrong (put people who are suspicious on the lynch wagon, and none of this minimum garbage). Threatening people who have no idea what's in his role PM is not how to get the game to listen.

I'm not threatening anyone. The most I have done was to ask you if you were being unhelpful or intentionally stubborn. Which was honestly just to see how you would respond.

Actually, the more I think about this, the more I want a hammer at the end of the day. The more potential scum hits there are, the better. It'll require more thought, but what good is the D1 result if your bare minimum has died early?

Fuckin' hell, I just lost my post and I'm too tired and feeling like shit to retype it all up again aaaaaaaaaa

Weapons is a complete shitlord, but I don't think he's scum. Compared to Kirby mafia, where he was scum, he's actually going after me consistently and at least trying to explain his case on me. However, I like how he and Levity both ignored that last post I made after his "case" on me. Whether you believe my reasons for being lackluster or not is one thing, but to completely ignore that it's there is another.

Grassbridger indirectly answered my question by saying, "hmm, this sounds familiar" and unvoting. Which tells me that he doesn't feel this line of reasoning finds scum.

I'm taking issues with Levity at the moment. I don't agree with her Shinori suspicion, and I'm even more put off by the fact that she was upset at Grassbridger for harping on her for her "wording choice" regarding Wallcrab earlier, and yet she says that Shinori's word choice regarding the Weapons vote pings her. Her entire suspicion on me is based on what Weapons said about me and she can see it after she read over my posts. Literally came out of nowhere. Says that she doesn't find Shinori "necessarily" scummy in #180. But, unless I'm misreading something, #183 sounds like she's saying she does find him scummy?

Also, I don't like her saying that Weapons is an "easy target to push" because it feels like she's dismissing cases on him as "easy votes". In Kirby mafia, Weapons was scum and there was at least one person who dismissed him as "typical Weapons" until his flip.

##Unvote

##Vote: Levity

Not game-related, but there is a chance that I may sub out during N1. I've been unwell for some time and if I don't feel better before the end of D1 I'll probably sub out.

@Boron: fwiw during Kirby, Weapons cited personal obligations as reasons for his bad reads, although we don't know if that's true or not.

@eclipse: I can kind of see that but that might just be how he is? I dunno I don't read shit outside of the mafia forum anymore.

I'm not sure what to think of Shinori's implications, and I'm doubly not sure about eclipse suddenly backing off. There's one role I have in mind that would apply (which I mostly remember because I claimed it), but I mean... BBM'd have to be an idiot to include that. I don't really want to speculate too much about this, but I'm not gonna bend over backwards for Shinori when I don't even know which role he is.

Refa's thing is probably just him being new, he suggested something a lot weirder in Kirby and was town there.

@Kay: It's an RVS vote, you build wagons in RVS to make people react. Do you have anything else to tell the class?

Votals

Euklyd (1): Scorri

Polydeuces (1): Objection

Scorri (2): Refa, Euklyd

Shinori (1): Bearclaw

Grassbridger (1): Manix

Boron (1): Weapons

Bearclaw (3): Paperblade, Bizz, Eclipse

Refa (1): Elieson

Weapons (1): Shinori

Bizz (1): Boron

Not Voting (4): Psych, Polydeuces, Kay, Grassbridger

With 17 players alive, it takes 6 to lynch at deadline and 9 to hammer. Phase ends at 9 PM EDT on September 24th (1 AM GMT on September 25th). You have slightly over 49 hours left.

guess what. i have a little time before my class so i'm going to bash out something in the time I have left. going from post #150 onward:

Yes, we should lynch before Day Phase is over. What I'm saying is we should hold off on turbolynches before that while there remains reasonable doubt that the person is a townie. If you're thinking, "Well duh", I've only mentioned it because eclipse seemed rather laissez faire about who got lynched, as long as someone ended up getting lynched.

pretty sure people have beat this to death already, but I don't like this at all. i'm pretty sure eclipse didn't want a "turbolynch", as stated, but she just wanted a D1 lynch (which is expected). The bolded part acknowledges that and yet it's being pushed as a potential reason for finding someone scummy? (it's implied, don't argue)

It's like finding someone scummy for attempting to scumhunt (without looking at the content). it's just... no.

Get a room.

way ahead of you

refa's post here continues the lynch debate. i'm seeing a distinct lack of actual reads and more "arguing over semantics", which could be seen as an attempt to "look town", over actually scumhunting like one

First off I'd like to say Epicmafia is pretty different than forum mafia let's not connect the two that much.

well, it was the last form of mafia I played. hence me throwing that comparison out.

Second off I feel like your vote on grassbringer is pretty biased if you know what I mean

no, it's not because of ~that~.

I admit Grassringer's case isn't all that strong or really does anything to make me feel different about levy but I do NOT think the case and reasoning is really vote worthy at all.

okay, disagree with me, that's fine. the way I saw it was grass was trying to push a case without expressing a concrete opinion, which, taking some words out of his book, scum "manufacture" their cases. which looks to be the case.

i'm out of time now. will get back on this later

##Unvote

##Vote: Refa

imo he looks worse than grassbridget now, for reasons stated above. i might backread refa too when i get time

@Boron: fwiw during Kirby, Weapons cited personal obligations as reasons for his bad reads, although we don't know if that's true or not.

@eclipse: I can kind of see that but that might just be how he is? I dunno I don't read shit outside of the mafia forum anymore.

I'm not sure what to think of Shinori's implications, and I'm doubly not sure about eclipse suddenly backing off. There's one role I have in mind that would apply (which I mostly remember because I claimed it), but I mean... BBM'd have to be an idiot to include that. I don't really want to speculate too much about this, but I'm not gonna bend over backwards for Shinori when I don't even know which role he is.

Refa's thing is probably just him being new, he suggested something a lot weirder in Kirby and was town there.

@Kay: It's an RVS vote, you build wagons in RVS to make people react. Do you have anything else to tell the class?

My role is proof that BBM put weird stuff in this game (no, I'm not counter-claiming Shinori). Thus, I'm not going to make a single assumption based on "well, that role is too good/bad". Instead. . .I'd rather Shinori prove it.

Oh right, I recall that now. Well, at the moment I don't find Weapons scummy, although if he really thinks I'm scum and wants me lynched then he needs to give a more serious case.

I mostly agree with Paperblade regarding Refa. In Kirby mafia he suggested that we try to lynch a townie on D1 because of the way role assignments worked in that game, which is a terrible idea, and he was town. I'm going to reread his exchange with eclipse and other stuff regarding the "lynch debate", but as of now I'm reading it as Refa misreading or misunderstanding stuff and not being familiar with game mechanics, not as a scum tell.

blargh all these posts are just blurring together and I have no imput

I will say I think this eclipse/shinori thing is stupid, as eclipse is usually very careful about her vote and what she does with it as well as very independent with her opinions

i think i meant to use a different word than independent but w/e

I also think shinori is just mad he didn't get his way and that eclipse didn't co-operate with him

also if someone was talking about lynching day one in re: eclipse's attitudes, I want a D1 lynch too, but I'm abstaining from voting as i don't see any worthwhile wagons and I usually don't want to vote someone unless they're bugging me or we need to lynch

also wtf guys, 3 new replies as I'm typing this?

Boron took my Shinori thing out of context and that is distressing because now I have to spend time explaining it so I'm going to take time to do that.

I'm convinced Shinori is town now btw but I am not convinced that Eclipse is town rn.

Boron took my Shinori thing out of context and that is distressing because now I have to spend time explaining it so I'm going to take time to do that.

I'm sorry if I took it out of context, but right now I'm not even sure which "Shinori thing" I supposedly took out of context. Please keep in mind that I cannot read your thoughts and understand what you are saying all the time, so there are going to be times when I just misunderstand you and you're going to have to explain it if I got something wrong.

Also, please clarify on eclipse. You said you had weird vibes on her earlier, but you didn't really explain those either.