Fakeclaim Mafia - Game Over

BBM

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you saying that Shinori is more likely to be scum because the people saying he's town are your scumreads?

(if you want my opinion, i'm nullreading him rn because role =/= alignment)

not responding fully to your case kirsche because i just woke up. this is merely something I want to point out to say you're not reading properly. hell, your entire case around that post falls apart due to this one line

give me a little to respond to other little bits around the thread

I'm kind of put off by your attitude, you're not giving any reason Shinori is scum, just "h-he might be guys"

see previous post

i don't actually think shinori is scum rn, just i don't like people assuming he's "confirmed" town

that reaction really didn't make me feel any better about you paper; because it reads like "omg you don't want to go along with my (flawed) idea, he must be scum". what else about my play is scummy because it's fairly far into D1 and that reasoning alone is weak.

Well Paper, for eclipse/Bizz I said it could be scummy or town and that I wasn't getting a read from them, or, in other words, that it was null not scummy.

For Grass, I said that what he was doing was only scummy if you didn't pay attention to the fact that he's been adding in his own reasoning to his arguments. I mentioned this because I remembered at least one or two people talking about how he was sheeping and it had stood out to me.

For Weapons, I mentioned him because he's a big part of my discussion of Refa and so I thought it was relevant.

I have to leave for work in a few minutes and I can't promise a lot of posts while I'm there (although I'll try to slip in a few if I can). Skimmed through the pages that I missed and so far, this is what I have to say:

Not too sure if I like Grassbridger's latest posts. His Paperblade vote seems rather suspiciously similar to Levity's, and he has quite a bit of "I agree with X" statements. It's nice that you agree with Levity (except for one point), but I'd be happier if you could explain in your own words why. Right now, it looks like you're just following Levity's lead.

##Unvote

##Vote: Grassbridger

Manix's posts are giving me a similar feeling as I got in Touhou mafia, but it's something that I just can't seem to explain and I don't want to lay down a vote on him when I can't rationally defend it. I'll see if I can put this in words anytime soon.

As for massclaiming, I am neither for or against it. I think I'll just let Paperblade himself drive that line of discussion, and maybe I should look up Shinori's supposed role for myself.

not responding fully to your case kirsche because i just woke up. this is merely something I want to point out to say you're not reading properly. hell, your entire case around that post falls apart due to this one line

give me a little to respond to other little bits around the thread

Oh no I read that and understand that. It's just that point 3 means nothing otherwise.

Also, a massclaim lets us easily narrow down suspects combined with Shinori's role. It doesn't matter if the roles look townie or not, it still gives us information. Remember Touhou? We had like 8 info roles and of course like a quarter of them were scum (not that anyone listened to me thanks for not lynching Boron assholes). It's the same deal here.

Out of interest, is there a better time to push that sort of case?

it was a case built around word semantics, which does not even a ed1 case make. it was intended to be a serious vote, and it read as really really weak/opportunstic

Manix what is your eclipse read, you haven't outright said.

slightly scummy; would need to reread to find out

i can see there being a very possible way to rig around results, should shinori be scum. and it takes much much longer for them to be found out if you play the fake right.

Your Refa case just looks like a hard tunnel over something as small as making a bad suggestion. We're halfway into D1 yet you still have your vote on Refa for that and not having any reads (which obviously doesn't apply anymore) when there are people in the thread who have done worse and you have even addressed them doing worse but then throwing it off.
the first part i slightly concede, but if you don't throw people under pressure for doing antitown/scummy stuff, then if they are scum, they just fly under the radar.

@bolded: like who? you make the statement, you back it up. I can't reread now because I don't have loads of time, but making a blanket statement like that irks me (considering i don't even remember talking about people who "did worse")

The only reason making a bad suggestion is scummy is that it can be used to try and manipulate town into doing something not pro-town.
well, you know what is up here.

Can you see that kind of intent in Refa's suggestion?
combined with a set of promised reads (which he eventually delivered), then yes, I did see scum intent in it.

Another issue I am have with you is that you seem to be trying to plant seeds of distrust in everyone. We need a voice of reason, but trying to be that voice for the sake of having one looks like scum trying to stop town from getting any organisation going.

In fact that post makes it look like you're trying to get other people to distrust Shinori while not tying yourself to his lynch.
???

I don't even want him lynched right now. i've seen some weirddddd things but this is getting up there.

You give a bunch of reasons why we shouldn't trust him then distance yourself by saying that he's a null read. Why is he a nullread if he's not very trustworthy?
actually you even mention it here. it's called "discussion", and I threw what I did out there because I wanted people to have a think about the circumstances. it's not rocket science. my opinion on it is also in there, and i have this thing where I don't always trust roleclaims, so I scumhunt them first. it's just my playstyle.

now i'm disappearing for 3 hours or so. have fun

see previous post

i don't actually think shinori is scum rn, just i don't like people assuming he's "confirmed" town

that reaction really didn't make me feel any better about you paper; because it reads like "omg you don't want to go along with my (flawed) idea, he must be scum". what else about my play is scummy because it's fairly far into D1 and that reasoning alone is weak.

Don't put words in my mouth. You're still ignoring that Shinori's role is so strong that it will get itself lynched if he's mafia. You aren't actually saying there's anything wrong with a massclaim, you're just saying "guys Shinori might be mafia" without explaining why that's a problem.

[spoiler=the post]

Out of interest, is there a better time to push that sort of case?

it was a case built around word semantics, which does not even a ed1 case make. it was intended to be a serious vote, and it read as really really weak/opportunstic

Manix what is your eclipse read, you haven't outright said.

slightly scummy; would need to reread to find out

If he clears scum he must be painting other people as scum, so when they flip town we know he's lying and then we lynch lynch lynch.

i can see there being a very possible way to rig around results, should shinori be scum. and it takes much much longer for them to be found out if you play the fake right.

Your Refa case just looks like a hard tunnel over something as small as making a bad suggestion. We're halfway into D1 yet you still have your vote on Refa for that and not having any reads (which obviously doesn't apply anymore) when there are people in the thread who have done worse and you have even addressed them doing worse but then throwing it off.

the first part i slightly concede, but if you don't throw people under pressure for doing antitown/scummy stuff, then if they are scum, they just fly under the radar.

@bolded: like who? you make the statement, you back it up. I can't reread now because I don't have loads of time, but making a blanket statement like that irks me (considering i don't even remember talking about people who "did worse")

The only reason making a bad suggestion is scummy is that it can be used to try and manipulate town into doing something not pro-town.

well, you know what is up here.

Can you see that kind of intent in Refa's suggestion?

combined with a set of promised reads (which he eventually delivered), then yes, I did see scum intent in it.

In fact that post makes it look like you're trying to get other people to distrust Shinori while not tying yourself to his lynch.

???

I don't even want him lynched right now. i've seen some weirddddd things but this is getting up there.

You give a bunch of reasons why we shouldn't trust him then distance yourself by saying that he's a null read. Why is he a nullread if he's not very trustworthy?

actually you even mention it here. it's called "discussion", and I threw what I did out there because I wanted people to have a think about the circumstances. it's not rocket science. my opinion on it is also in there, and i have this thing where I don't always trust roleclaims, so I scumhunt them first. it's just my playstyle.

@scorri: That's kind of what I mean, you go "eclipse and Levity could've had this fight as town, but I could also see them doing it as mafia." What does that even mean

Also Manix, note how other people disagreed with me and I'm not going "omg you must be maflords," that's because their case doesn't look like a scum trying to smear someone who I have no reason to believe is scum

you're just saying "guys Shinori might be mafia" without explaining why that's a problem.

oh ffs

i don't think shinori is necessarily mafia, and i don't like how people assume he's "confirmed" town. not hard. i put another bit related to this into my bigger response to kirsche, go read that as well

Also Manix, note how other people disagreed with me and I'm not going "omg you must be maflords," that's because their case doesn't look like a scum trying to smear someone who I have no reason to believe is scum

it took a little just to even understand what this post was trying to say

i think you're highly missing my point. scum would easily jump to the conclusion that shinori is town (because they would know), and considering you went so far as to suggest a massclaim implies to me your might know something the rest of us don't. and also

what else about my play is scummy because it's fairly far into D1 and that reasoning alone is weak.

answer this

Manix, you realize that that was MY fake right? I know how the role works. When I did the fake the users I picked was my scumteam+the other scumteam + a villager, and I got found after Night 2 and was vigged Night 3.

I'm assuming he's town because if he's not his results will damn him.

Because it was one of the largest discussions in thread and if I didn't mention it I would get yelled at for ignoring it and so even though my thoughts weren't anything solid I decided it was better to give what little I had.

nvm, need one more response

And now you're trying to move the goalposts. "You can't find me scummy based on just this you need MORE material"

no, i'm saying your own reasons are weak (imo), so hence a vote on me is less than founded. you didn't have a problem with me until i started calling you out, so what gives there? if you actually think i'm scum, push more of a case

Of course they're weak to you, most people think their scumplay is good.

The fact that I only voted you after you called me out is a coincidence, I posted an idea and you reacted poorly to it. Once again you are trying to misrepresent the situation to make yourself look better