Fakeclaim Mafia - Game Over

BBM

Although...

something that DOES make me paranoid is that the last time I remember Paperblade pandering to pretty much everyone/agreeing with everyone he was scum. He seems to be doing a lot of that this game too and ehhhh.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eclipse: getting less sure of it as I go... I'm no longer confident enough to act under the assumption that I'm correct, although I still don't think I'm wrong.

Elieson: like... slightly scummy at this point? I guess? I'm having a real hard time with him, and it's his SB counterclaim standing against the majority of everything else he's done.

That's all i have time for right now

I guess I'm fine with a Refa lynch; his defenses and interactions with dead scum have looked better, so I kind of shifted away from him earlier in D2, but I still feel like the previous scummy stuff stands and kind of agree with the point against ending phase early thing. Polydeuces would also be an acceptable lynch.

##Vote: Refa

Grassbridger: That third kill is worrying me greatly, and it's because of one of the possible fakes, so I'm going to do this now.

The Ice Barrier section is required reading, and the reason why that third kill is making me nervous.

Also what is this with all these games that I played in and have no memory of

Also what is this with all these games that I played in and have no memory of

This is Fakeclaim Mafia, so remembering your past games is a GOOD thing. That being said, I'm going to assume you don't remember it because it was that bad. :P:

I think Weapons retracted his JOAT claim or specified he was joking, idr.

Do you have an explanation for your Euklyd reaction test (or whatever it was)?

Man, Refa's posts in the last 12 hours or so are just a collection of bad:

1. Assumes all scum will follow the same strategy

when did I do this

2. "I honestly didn't feel like we'd get any new information" in the almost two days remaining in the phase (32 hours-ish at this point)

3. Never suggested that we stop discussing, just that we take an action that forces us to stop discussing

I didn't feel like we'd get any more meaningful discussion, which is why I suggested that.

4. "I wanted Euklyd to get votes while the majority of players were awake" (<--- THINGS THAT DON'T MAKE ANY SENSE)

How does that not make any sense? Since I was gunning for a turbolynch and thought that it wouldn't happen until Eclipse/Psych got on anyways, I wouldn't want for them to have voted and the lynch to have not happened.

5. presents 3 scenarios re: scorri wagon and says there's a "very real possibility" that scorri is antitown

how is that dumb literally noone has refuted my claims in any meaningful capacity

6. says "well one person on the scorri wagon was town so assuming there's at least one scum might be bad"

That's not the important point. Scorri made a deal of how a bunch of people voted on her in the last 20 minutes and how that was inherantly scummy. I pointed out to a townie who did that, showing that yes non scum can do that as well. In addition, many people jumped onto the SB bandwagon in the last 10 minutes or so too, so if you accept that voting in the last several or so minutes is scummy to get a lynch, then those people too would be considered scummy.

7. completely misunderstands Eclipse's theory post

how is this even dumb town

Refa, can you please explain what changed your read on scorri from "would lynch" at the end of D1, as indicated by your vote on her, to "would not support a lynch", as you stated in a recent post?

She changed from a scum read to a null read, as I've stated previously. The only reason I posted so much stuff on her to begin with was because she was asking why I put her as a null read and not a pro town read.

when did I do this

When you asked "If scum were powerwagoning scorri and Boron was scum why wouldn't she do it too?" and "If Boron was scum and bussing SB for towncred, why wouldn't other scum do it too?"

I didn't feel like we'd get any more meaningful discussion, which is why I suggested that.

Right but given that there were almost 2 days left that's kind of ridiculous.

How does that not make any sense? Since I was gunning for a turbolynch and thought that it wouldn't happen until Eclipse/Psych got on anyways, I wouldn't want for them to have voted and the lynch to have not happened.

I mean, the logic is consistent, but there is NO REASON for you to have these priorities, like "making the lynch happen sooner" or "at a particular time of day" or "if certain people had voted" (well actually that last one could be OK due to associative reads on flip but still)

how is that dumb literally noone has refuted my claims in any meaningful capacity

Of course those are the 3 scenarios, my point is that using the phrase "very real possibility" makes it sound like a higher probability than it is. Of course the possibility is real, it's just unlikely. I wasn't saying this was dumb, I was saying it was "bad". Bad can mean either dumb or scummy; this one was scummy. AND YES I KNOW THIS IS WORD CHOICE BIZZ BUT I NOTICE THESE THINGS

That's not the important point. Scorri made a deal of how a bunch of people voted on her in the last 20 minutes and how that was inherantly scummy. I pointed out to a townie who did that, showing that yes non scum can do that as well. In addition, many people jumped onto the SB bandwagon in the last 10 minutes or so too, so if you accept that voting in the last several or so minutes is scummy to get a lynch, then those people too would be considered scummy.

Nobody said EVERYONE on the wagon was scum, so saying "hey look there's a townie on the wagon" proves nothing. And, since that townie was killed by mafia, it wasn't even saying "hey look this randomly chosen person on the wagon is town" which would have been at least slightly better. No, mafia could have killed anyone on the wagon but they weren't going to kill another scum so your logic DOESN'T PROVE ANYTHING or even support your point.

And that bit about people voting for SB: Powerwagons on people who flip town are scummy because it's lynching them without really giving them a chance to respond or anyone else the chance to comment. Powerwagons on people who don't flip (like scorri) are somewhat scummy by the same reasoning, but it's much less clear. And powerwagons on people who flip scum aren't scummy--the same reasoning applies as in the first two cases, but it's more than canceled out by the fact that they lynched scum.

Also, there's a difference between votes at the very end of a phase to push someone over the edge, and a sudden rush of votes. It wasn't the fact that scorri's wagon happened right at the end, it was that it happened quickly.

how is this even dumb town

I dunno, this is pretty null on its own, but if you're misunderstanding theory posts, that seems relevant to all the other things.

She changed from a scum read to a null read, as I've stated previously. The only reason I posted so much stuff on her to begin with was because she was asking why I put her as a null read and not a pro town read.

If yesterday she was a scum read and today she was a null read, what changed?

Eclipse: I don't understand your point; I don't see any fakeclaims? I'm not sure why you linked that.

Okay, uh, this might sound stupid but I was taking notes and I think part of the reason why I haven't really been pushing reads aside from being lazy is that Eclipse is starting to be a scumread for me again after a couple of things she's done recently but I'm afraid of pushing it/being specific because I'm afraid of being emotionally compromised again. I think that fact alone should also be a red flag because every time something like this has happened, the person involved was scum. In addition to that she's done both townish and scummy things at the same time that I also don't want to be specific about until she responds to this but that's why I'm just really conflicted about her.

Also no please don't take this as an attack on anyone's character, but I kinda want confirmation from Eclipse that she isn't going to try to do anything like she did before or else I can't continue. I'm really really paranoid she did all of this on purpose because scum has used it as a legitimate tactic against me before and that's why I'm wary. That's not why I think she's scum, though.

Also no please don't take this as an attack on anyone's character, but I kinda want confirmation from Eclipse that she isn't going to try to do anything like she did before or else I can't continue. I'm really really paranoid she did all of this on purpose because scum has used it as a legitimate tactic against me before and that's why I'm wary. That's not why I think she's scum, though.

I don't like this one bit. It sounds like you're trying to guilt me for playing as I normally do.

Also, if I am scum, then why are you following my votes?

I'm feeling really shitty today, but before I disappear here are some things:

I found Euklyd's role. Lucky me has read through Schoolboy mafia about a million times (because Sho was amusing in that game) and vaguely recalled this post, so in other words it's a legit claim and role.

Not liking the speed of that Refa wagon, but I can't be fucked to analyze anyone on it right now. Hold me to this later.

If Kay's slot doesn't get a sub anytime soon, I propose a hypothetical vig shoot it, since it's just sitting there with no interactions and Kay didn't say much either. I wouldn't be opposed to a cop scanning this slot either. If it's scum, we lynch it. If it's town, we worry about that later.

Wouldn't be opposed to Polydeuces being shot or lynched. He is not being helpful and his apathy does not read very townie either.

I don't like this one bit. It sounds like you're trying to guilt me for playing as I normally do.

Also, if I am scum, then why are you following my votes?

I'm not trying to guilt you, uhh...

ugh, I'm sorry, this really isn't me trying to be guilt trippy this is a legitimate concern but never mind.