What's the worst map in all of Fire Emblem?

PKL

Yup. It's random damage. I would guess it's 1 to 4 HP per turn.

I think you need at least four turns to get to the chest. And naturally, Thieves and Healers are usually very low on HP.

Figures... Either way, it reminds me of an annoying segment of Yggdra Union (specifically, the one where you have to fight your way through a poison marsh). But I doubt that one compares to the one TRS chapter in question since most of the enemies aren't even that threatening, for one, and second, a certain item lets you cheese it.

I guess Yuni's the only other lockpicker in the game?

Edited by Levant Fortner

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Figures... Either way, it reminds me of an annoying segment of Yggdra Union (specifically, the one where you have to fight your way through a poison marsh). But I doubt that one compares to the one TRS chapter in question since most of the enemies aren't even that threatening, for one, and second, a certain item lets you cheese it.

I guess Yuni's the only other lockpicker in the game?

Holmes himself can do it too. Though I would probably have him help out against the boss. (Btw, I forgot to mention that the boss revives itself once.) And if he is close to the boss he would probably first go for the two other chests in that corner. So he would have some walking to do.

And I forgot about Marchen. In terms of appearance and bases, he is pretty much your average bulky pirate. Just with a sword. So I tend to forget he can even do that.

Problem is, the guy reduces the avoid and hit of every ally in the range of three spaces by 50%. So that's one more thing that would be a massive pain to deal with.

Especially since the absurdly bad hit of the eyeballs is there big weakness.

Edited by BrightBow

Holmes himself can do it too. Though I would probably have him help out against the boss. (Btw, I forgot to mention that the boss revives itself once.) So he would have some walking to do afterwards.

And I forgot about Marchen. In terms of appearance and bases, he is pretty much your average bulky pirate. Just with a sword. So I tend to forget he can even do that.

Problem is, the guy reduces the avoid and hit of every ally in the range of three spaces by 50%. So that's one more thing that would be a massive pain to deal with.

50%!? Dang. That reminds me of something I read about having to face Julius. Even if he breaks his LP draining lance on the rebels that enter the game later, you'll have a hell of a time hitting because they have a skill that drops hit and avoid.

Ch5x in FE8 is absolutely unenjoyably. Only bad chapter in this great game :/.

What. I can't see why you mentioned that over crap like Ephraim chapter 11 or Ephraim chapter 14.

Edited by Levant Fortner

What. I can't see why you mentioned that over crap like Ephraim chapter 11 or Ephraim chapter 14.

Ch 11 and ch 14 quite enjoyable, while ch5x are boring as fuck.

Ch 11 and 14 maybe was frustrating, but never boring .

Edited by Nicolas

I personally can't stand Pale Flower of Darkness [Jerme] in FE7. I'd rather run through BBD than PFoD

Honorable mention to the Wooden Cavalry (H5) FE11.

http://www.fireemblemwod.net/fe2/gaguia/gacapitulo4.htm

FE2: Death Swamp, Dolk's Fort, Doma's Swamp

Take a look at maps 1, 3 and 8 on that link. See that funky yellow-colored terrain that covers a good load of the map? That there is Swamp terrain and Its movement penalties are pretty similar to desert terrain in other games but to top it all off, anything but flying units suffer a 5 HP loss each turn.

Highest HP growth in FE2 is 50%, among 4 units. Highest HP base for a playable class = 40 and this is for tier 3 promotions or Falco Knight.

Also, let's not be fooled by the initial enemy count in map 8

Edited by Sirius

Ch 11 and ch 14 quite enjoyable, while ch5x are boring as fuck.

Ch 11 and 14 maybe was frustrating, but never boring .

If I recalled it correctly Chapter 11 is not frustating, only HI I AM DURASSEL WHY I AM SO BADASS AND NOBODY CAN FUCK WITH ME

TearRing Saga. "Mermel Cave" (I don't think that forced map got it's own chapter name)

A cave filled with tons of multiplying Eyeballs and a boss that spawns even more of them. The map is so big that there is not much one can do to stop them. And this counts as an indoor map, so no mounts.

Even going straight for the boss is tedious because of the lava sea slowing down anyone to 1 or 2 move. And once you finish it off, you find out that you have to open all the chests in ever corner of the map before the map ends.

And for good measure, there is one chest right in the center of the lava sea that will reduce the movement of Holmes and Yuni to 1.

What makes all of this worse is that the Eyeballs are a massive pain anyway. They are hard to double attack and tend to avoid the hits of weapons powerful enough to kill them in one shot.

They also deal magic damage, which will allow them to kill any target in a few hits. And because of their multiplying skill, there are always tons of them at one spot.

There hit is complete awful but that invites situations where you loose an ally by bad luck. Especially since you will try to act fast to stop them from multiplying.

Dear God, I hate that map so much.

FE6 ch14 is another map I despise with a passion, due to the desert, FOW, Sophia, and the gaiden requirement.

If I recalled it correctly Chapter 11 is not frustating, only HI I AM DURASSEL WHY I AM SO BADASS AND NOBODY CAN FUCK WITH ME

Yeah, Duessel is a man! The only ones, who rapes this game more are Seth and Franz.

And ch 14 can be annoying, when enemy Druid berserk your both cleric and priest like in ZM run.

And ch16 in FE6 is pretty annoying :/.

FE8 ToV 7 is also annoying.

Edited by Nicolas

Holmes himself can do it too. Though I would probably have him help out against the boss. (Btw, I forgot to mention that the boss revives itself once.) And if he is close to the boss he would probably first go for the two other chests in that corner. So he would have some walking to do.

that map was definitely tricky in a pleasant way. aside from the randomness of the eyeball multiplication, that would be one of the better TRS maps.

I could say FE13's Lunatic+ Chapter 2 is the worst, but it's so ridiculous that I don't think it's even worth mentioning.

Aside from that, the bridge between Crimea and Daien; in BOTH of the Tellius games, though I'd say FE10's bridge chapter is worse; oh, pegasi and herons fly right over the pitfalls? Well, why not have a few ballistas to help you out!

I could say FE13's Lunatic+ Chapter 2 is the worst, but it's so ridiculous that I don't think it's even worth mentioning.

Aside from that, the bridge between Crimea and Daien; in BOTH of the Tellius games, though I'd say FE10's bridge chapter is worse; oh, pegasi and herons fly right over the pitfalls? Well, why not have a few ballistas to help you out!

Those ballistae are actually stone throwers, which aren't even that threatening.

any of the lategame fe13 chapters like 23 and 24 that are just empty plains of space upon which enemies are randomly located and randomly spawn

the extreme laziness that went into the design of those chapters is mind-boggling

Not as bad as FE4's chapters/10

Heck, FE6's maps are worse than those.

Edited by Levant Fortner

Not as bad as FE4's chapters/10

Heck, FE6's maps are worse than those.

Honestly, I find FE4's final chapter to be quite diverse.

An army of stuff users with long range support to off sleeping allies.

A charging army lead by the Swanchika user.

An entire army of freaking Baron's.

A mounted Archer brigade. ReMove and ranged attacks.

Dragon Knight Sneak attack.

And another army lead by Ishtar and supported by three Pegasus Knights using Earth Swords.

And of course the pushover that are the 13 Warlords.

All entirely different armies requiring different approaches... or simply Holsety of course.

It's not that great but better then having entirely random units all over the place with no visible pattern with the first and only step always being to enter "Attack Formation Alpha".

And it's been a while since I played FE6 but it just has to have better maps then that. Except for the final chapter of course. Not sure what they were thinking with that.

Edited by BrightBow

FE13 C23 and 24 are indeed pretty lazy. So are all the chapters that say Defeat Boss in their objective. Oh wait, that's almost all the game.

Edited by PKL

Honestly, I find FE4's final chapter to be quite diverse.

An army of stuff users with long range support to off sleeping allies.

A charging army lead by the Swanchika user.

An entire army of freaking Baron's.

A mounted Archer brigade. ReMove and ranged attacks.

Dragon Knight Sneak attack.

And another army lead by Ishtar and supported by three Pegasus Knights using Earth Swords.

And of course the pushover that are the 13 Warlords.

All entirely different armies requiring different approaches... or simply Holsety of course.

It's not that great but better then having entirely random units all over the place with no visible pattern with the first and only step always being to enter "Attack Formation Alpha".

And it's been a while since I played FE6 but it just has to have better maps then Awakening. Except for the final chapter of course.

I haven't played FE4, and never will because the maps are too damn big, among other reasons. Needing to spend more time moving my units than actually fighting is just ugh.

As for FE6's maps, they are... a lot worse. And a headache to traverse in general because the maps, again, are humongous, particularly by GBA era standards.

FE13 C23 and 24 are indeed pretty lazy. So are all the chapters that say Defeat Boss in their objective. Oh wait, that's almost all the game.

Quite frankly, I never quite understood the complain about a lack of objectives.

Doesn't Route, Seize, Escape and boss defeat pretty much always end with the entire map cleared anyway?

Edited by BrightBow

The problem with FE13 defeat bosses is that they forgot they put buyable Rescue in the game. So you can ignore pretty much every enemy in every single one of those maps. If they were gonna make Rescue buyable, they shouldve designed the maps to have less opportunities to rescue skip. Like blocking the way to the boss with clever enemy positioning and enemies guarding the boss to make you have to actually face the enemies they freaking put in the map. Or just, you know, they could've not had buyable rescue and nosferatu >_>.

dude, get better at this game, please.

No thank you. I'm just not interested enough to care about it.

Edited by Levant Fortner