Fire Emblem Link Arena Discussion Topic

Espinosa

Things in the Fates meta that look bannable?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. (tick many) What looks bannable in the Fates meta?

• Dragon Ward (Hoshido Noble)
    • Life or Death (Master of Arms)
    • Counter (Oni Chieftain)
    • Darting Blow (Sky Knight)
    • Multiple Amaterasu (Kinshi Knight)
    • Wary Fighter (General)
    • Inspiration (Strategist)
    • Aggressor (Dread Fighter)
    • Galeforce (Dark Falcon)
    • Awakening (Great Lord)
    • Dancing Blade (Lodestar)
    • Ban ALL DLC/Amiibo skills.
    • Other (state what)

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have some random numbers while I work on the official post. Espinosa think about your move while I write up.

image.jpgvsimage.jpg

Tana(Vidofnir){16x2 damage, at 87 hit 0 crit} attacks Amelia(Amhdula)

(94)

(53)(1)(81)(64)

Great shield does not activate.

Attack hits. No crit. No pierce

Amelia takes 14(16)/56 damage

Amelia is ko'd

Espinosa

Tana/Ephraim/Amelia: KO

Ewan/Ross: Full Health

Dondon

Ephraim:KO

Eirika:16/54

Innes:24/52

Gerik/Tana:Full health.

I'm gonna call it a night. I'll do the next turn in the morning.

Edited by Randa

I'm losing 3-1 so far huh? Probably should've concentrated on dealing damage without taking counters with units outside the trainee triangle early on. At least I think I have a good idea how to play GBA Link Arena now!

For my next turn, I will have Ewan attack Innes with Excalibur.

When espi loves us enough

And... that will be tomorrow (no homo!).

is there a roll for great shield proc in there somewhere

I knew I was forgetting something. Give me a second to re run the numbers. Okay no major changes just no pierce.

Edited by Randa

I'm losing 3-1 so far huh? Probably should've concentrated on dealing damage without taking counters with units outside the trainee triangle early on. At least I think I have a good idea how to play GBA Link Arena now!

or you can concentrate on double checking randa's mechanics :P:

or you can concentrate on double checking randa's mechanics :P:

I also think I approached the team building with less scrutiny than you; namely, not trying to calculate the damage that would be needed to summarily KO somebody. Some of the supports that I initially deemed "predictable" on your team (such as the full Eph - Eir - Tana triangle) turned out to be different - right now it seems like Eirika has A Tana C Ephraim B Innes, making Gerik the least supported unit on the team and giving Eirika and Innes a good deal of defence and avoid (avoid seems particularly useful here when those supports stack and the opposition's start getting destroyed).

The support layers seem to provide the depth that was somewhat lacking in the PoR meta where base stats and skill procs with silver forges mostly decide which direction the match is heading (though supports could be big in max stats in PoR as you can shape so many competent teams based around support combos).

I also think I approached the team building with less scrutiny than you; namely, not trying to calculate the damage that would be needed to summarily KO somebody. Some of the supports that I initially deemed "predictable" on your team (such as the full Eph - Eir - Tana triangle) turned out to be different - right now it seems like Eirika has A Tana C Ephraim B Innes, making Gerik the least supported unit on the team and giving Eirika and Innes a good deal of defence and avoid (avoid seems particularly useful here when those supports stack and the opposition's start getting destroyed).

that support configuration for eirika is impossible :P:

i didn't run any calcs for anything while team building, except obviously for speed tiers. i do run calcs before picking which units to attack, which is why i, for example, used my tana to KO your tana because she had higher hit than ephraim.

anyway, the next biggest source of luck on your team is out of the picture, which is a relief for me. there's still plenty of RNG to go around, though. i remember calcing that you had your A support between ewan and amelia, but i was using hit to extrapolate, and i think i forgot to include the S rank bonus, so i might have fudged up somewhere. regardless, you're still getting at least +10 hit and +5 avo, and my supports are starting to break apart, too.

also, this is actually a much closer match than it looks, and i'm fairly certain that your team is just slightly better than mine.

Edited by dondon151

From an impartial point of view and prior knowledge of both teams. I honestly think Espinosa built a somewhat better team. But a bit of bad luck, and questionable choices like not dealing with tana or leaving Eirika alive to chip Innes might be why he is down.

I actually happen to disagree with everything said in the above two posts, but it may be tactically disadvantageous for me to specify why and what I mean. Let's finish it and then I'll reveal what I was implying.

And WRT Great Shield: should we check for it before the attack or once we have deduced it is about to connect? The latter has been the tradition set for Tibarn's Cancel.

And WRT Great Shield: should we check for it before the attack or once we have deduced it is about to connect? The latter has been the tradition set for Tibarn's Cancel.

i'm pretty sure it should be the latter, but in effect it doesn't even matter. the order only matters if you're RNG abusing.

I actually have a few hours free tonight, and can host a non-TRS/FE5 game, if any two people that are here right now want me to.

I think helping to complete some of the unfinished games should be top priority.

If any active-game hosts want to include me in their pms, ill do what I can too contribute.

I actually happen to disagree with everything said in the above two posts, but it may be tactically disadvantageous for me to specify why and what I mean. Let's finish it and then I'll reveal what I was implying.

I always role it before because I've seen generals activate great shield and the dodge. So I always assumed it was rolled first.

My situation has changed, there's a chance i may end up in the hospital again.

As things are, I can't continue modding games.

Hopefully i'll be able to finish up randa vs x-naut but i'm going to have to give up my other games, including dio vs jsnd

Really sorry about this, if my situation changes i'll let you know

My situation has changed, there's a chance i may end up in the hospital again.

As things are, I can't continue modding games.

Hopefully i'll be able to finish up randa vs x-naut but i'm going to have to give up my other games, including dio vs jsnd

Really sorry about this, if my situation changes i'll let you know

Guy, IMO you shouldn'y even end this match. You health is more important than this!

Hawkeye, take care of yourself and bless you. Thanks for helping get this thing on its legs.

Players whose games are currently run by Hawkeye can send their teams to me (or another willing host) so that they can be continued.

Right now I'm about to kick in with ZM and Elieson's mage duel.

As I've said before, I can take a game (besides me vs randa obviously), so if anyone needs one done say something.

Hawkeye, if you're seriously ill you shouldn't worry about my game, and I can always ask the new host to redo the last turn with proper damage calcs.

ZM vs. Elieson begins!

ZM's team

gjgs.pngraxe.png3na4.pngn8gk.pnglxx1.png

Summoner Bishop Sage Sage Mage Knight

vs.

Elieson's team!

ql8h.pngwiai.pngjng2.pngjsds.pngyeug.png

Valkyrie Sage Sage Druid Summoner

(40)

ZM acts first! Choose your character, his/her weapon and target!

Edited by Espinosa