Fire Emblem Link Arena Discussion Topic

Espinosa

Things in the Fates meta that look bannable?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. (tick many) What looks bannable in the Fates meta?

• Dragon Ward (Hoshido Noble)
    • Life or Death (Master of Arms)
    • Counter (Oni Chieftain)
    • Darting Blow (Sky Knight)
    • Multiple Amaterasu (Kinshi Knight)
    • Wary Fighter (General)
    • Inspiration (Strategist)
    • Aggressor (Dread Fighter)
    • Galeforce (Dark Falcon)
    • Awakening (Great Lord)
    • Dancing Blade (Lodestar)
    • Ban ALL DLC/Amiibo skills.
    • Other (state what)

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to announce a match that I'd like to hold, for which I am looking for two or more participants (as in, to have more than one match with the same rules):

- Path of Radiance averages metagame

- stat boosters allowed

[spoiler=available booster list]

3 seraph robes

2 energy drops

2 spirit dusts

3 secret books

4 speedwings

2 dracoshields

2 talismans

2 ashera icons

2 statue frags

- custom skills allowed (one of each of the following is available; SP limit is 20 for mounts, 25 for foot units)

[spoiler=custom skill list]

SP Name

5  Miracle
10 Counter
10 Vantage
10 Guard
10 Gamble
10 Adept
15 Renewal
10 Wrath
5  Shade
5  Provoke
10 Parity
15 Nihil
10 Resolve

- no boosters or custom kills on royals allowed

- no Wrath/Resolve on Laguz units of any kind

- +4 to all Laguz gauges before start of battle, Shade active until one character is KO'd, Provoke active for the first two turns defending. Nihil/Parity users ignore Shade/Provoke.

There's no rush to get this done, and I'd also prefer that this is done right (namely to hold some games that would be representative of the metagames within the limitations set, not just dish out some damage with gimmicky support-based teams), so I may also ask you to make changes so that your team can actually function in the heat of the battle if necessary, but you obviously still have all the freedom (and there's quite a lot of it in the custom skill/booster meta).

edit: Also, added PKL to the host list.

Edited by Espinosa

Hey yo, I don't suppose anyone would like an FE6 Ubers game, would they? I think I know EXACTLY how to counter the "dream team" of Rutger, Shin, and Fir now!

I'll take you on; using the "dream three" as proposed. We just need to find a host.

So, I kinda want to try FE9, but I've been wondering about this. What is so special about Gifca? Tibarn has Cancel which from what I've seen proced somewhat rarely, and the other.... guy have Vantage which I don't know how good it is in FE9, and that 1-2 range skill.

Gifca OTOH have Roar, which if I understand correctly is not usable in LA format

Roar can be used once per match to skip your turn while stunning one of the units in the opposing team. This can be helpful when you want to rely on counterattacks to deal damage, or when a certain number of hits summarily KOs an enemy. It can also be used to force a Laguz in the other team to untransform (before they can swap their Full Guard for the Laguz Band / Demi Band), and Giffca doubles himself and Tibarn untransformed.

That said, Giffca's advantage over Tibarn in the averages meta is +3 atk and +1 spd. The extra attack is always nice, especially when piercing Generals (for whom it is not a good idea to run Laguzguards because they benefit from the KW the most, followed by Full Guard), and the extra point of speed keeps Kieran away (he's a good team partner to Oscar otherwise).

Naesala's most useful for doubling the entire cast (sans some Resolve users in the custom skills meta) and I guess Vantage could let it chip in an extra time, though 41 atk isn't impressing anyone when two units are almost guaranteed to run Laguzguards and it might take time to find out which ones those are.

For getting into PoR averages, I think the tier list put together in the OP is a good resource to know what to expect to face. When this topic started out, all of our games were of the PoR averages meta variety, namely:

Refa vs. SB pages 2-10 (first match, trying out things and figuring out mechanics)
ZM vs. PKL pages 12-17 (braves and forges banned, a strange match that relied on killer crits to win)
Dio vs. Sage pages 20-24 (braves and forged allowed, this is probably the exemplary match to watch with Tibarn in one team and Giffca in another)
Refa vs. ZM pages 25-28 (testing Naesala and Ilyana; pretty unbalanced with lots of quick kills)
Espinosa vs. Hawkeye pages 32-44 (testing Shade; here we learn that without a Shade nerf, running Ilyana is a must to succeed in a stall game)
Espinosa vs. Elieson pages 35-40 (a game without Top tier units; samey teams)
PKL vs. Elieson pages 49-53 (a game without royals; it's a viable meta I think - also a watch to GBA-style counter from the previous matches' option to choose your range)
Espinosa vs. ZM pages 56-80 (maximum stats; Ena turns out to be impossible to pierce even with crazy luck on ZM's end)

We really need to play more of these, and I think adding boosters and custom skills really spices things up.

PMing me a raw draft or a vague idea about what your team is going to be could be a good idea too (I end up giving advice to a lot of people, though for some it's not necessary at all).

you should put in mechanics FAQs into the OP for each game, e.g., things like what rounds up/down, order of skill activations, and maybe even some more commonly known things like how much is WTA and whether S rank bonuses exist.

EDIT: also, please remove me from the hosts list.

Edited by dondon151

you should put in mechanics FAQs into the OP for each game, e.g., things like what rounds up/down, order of skill activations, and maybe even some more commonly known things like how much is WTA and whether S rank bonuses exist.

Agreed. It'd make life easier to the hosts.

Also, I love how the first non-uber spear averages game is a ditto.

For Reaver weapons, the Weapon triangle bonus is doubled for both weapons, except when facing another Reaver weapon

So what happens when a reaver weapons attacks a different kind of reaver weapon? Axereaver vs. Lancereaver and Axereaver vs. Swordslayer. WT Neutral in both instances? Something else?

Also, should I roll for RNs 0-100 instead of 0-99 when doing FE6? I heard 100% accurate can miss. I'm pretty sure I've seen RNs 100 while playing FE6 Girls only LTC, but I haven't seen two in a row - are these RNs just like any other?

BTW, the latter does imply that the game's RNG is a little more likely to give you whiffs on attacks.

So what happens when a reaver weapons attacks a different kind of reaver weapon? Axereaver vs. Lancereaver and Axereaver vs. Swordslayer. WT Neutral in both instances? Something else?

Also, should I roll for RNs 0-100 instead of 0-99 when doing FE6? I heard 100% accurate can miss. I'm pretty sure I've seen RNs 100 while playing FE6 Girls only LTC, but I haven't seen two in a row - are these RNs just like any other?

BTW, the latter does imply that the game's RNG is a little more likely to give you whiffs on attacks.

I assume regular WTB when reavers face each other. For example: Swordslayer vs Lancereaver; Sword user gets +1mt +15hit.

Regarding FE6 I dunno

The one thing I'd like posted in the OP is proper RN calculations for things like Astra/Aether/Adept vs other skills. Notes like Resolve and Wrath kicking in mid-battle if multiple rounds of combat exists within a fight would be neat too. I didn't know any of that until this

I'd assume that it just restores the max HP, but the current HP remains the same. Kind of like when you use an Angelic Robe.