Periodic Table of Elements ~Game Thread~ Game Over

scorri

Yeah, but both sides playing badly isn't the same as neither side deserving the win, as long as one side still played better than the other.

FTR my logic behind the 1v1 is that I thought BBM was SK, and that as SK he would panic, assume I was scum with real info on him even if I was fakeclaiming, and not risk shooting me because it'd out him. I also figured there was a chance he would assume I was telling the truth as SK and not be able to explain why my claim was bunk.

It definitely wasn't the ideal move, but I like taking risks as scum; it makes the game fun.

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the record, I think town would've done better if Manix hadn't died, BBM hadn't been turbolynched, and eclipse had been given a chance to exist before she died.

also, this isn't saying I realized it was kinda dumb but did it against my wincon anyway, it seemed like high-risk high-reward to me at the time

however i did realize the issue with the hook + scan but claimed it anyway because i figured i could talk my way out of it 8)

For the record, I think town would've done better if Manix hadn't died, BBM hadn't been turbolynched, and eclipse had been given a chance to exist before she died.

For the record, I think the scum in C9++ would have done better if Strege hadn't been lynched D1, the vig and cop didn't both target mafia, and town hadn't PoE'd SB on the final day.

For the record, I think the scum in C9++ would have done better if Strege hadn't been lynched D1, the vig and cop didn't both target mafia, and town hadn't PoE'd SB on the final day.

I'm just saying that only ONE of those things not happening would've probably changed the swing of things a lot. Had one of Manix or BBM lived, I think they would've figured things out instead of being dead. I think eclipse could've broken the game open and been able to convince people of it had the quickhammers not made it so hard for her to exist. If ONLY one of them had been able to do exist in the game, I think town would've done better.

Nice postgame.

Self reflection here, so remember that there is so much bias that it could...well, uh...just remember that there's a lot of bias, I guess. ANYWAYS, I don't think my play was particularly stellar, but there's not much obvious I can do to improve at this point besides play more games. Don't scumslip I guess, but I doubt anyone ever intentionally scumslips. :p And the other thing is don't announce an INNO on SK, I knew I should've picked someone townier than Grassbridger...

Uhm, a thing I would suggest is deciding who you're going to claim as scanning and making sure that your scans don't contradict your actions. Like how you had been pushing on kirsche after you supposedly cleared him.

Yeah, that's a good point. Honestly, I kind of forgot about how I was pushing kirsche at the time (top tier play, guys)...

Meh I was going to vote Refa but the Cop claim is probably legit. However, Refa, why did you say that Kirsche was pinging you in #329?

I didn't actually go back and look at #329 until just now--I assumed that he mentioned kirsche as pinging on his own. But listing it in a long list like that, his explanation doesn't make any sense.

etc. lesson is reread pls

Edited by Manix

Refa, I had already put in the action to kill you before you announced your scan on me. What did you in was that I was the logical choice for town!you to scan: someone you found scummy but couldn't get a read on. So I hoped that you would for some reason say "scummy" before outing your guilty on me.

Manix, I realized Refa was pretty definitely scum at that point, but I had cursed him, so I had to just let him hang...

Also, quick phases definitely hurt town. My scumteam realizations were really slow, and I had the added benefit of night posting (which is terrific, btw--I felt far more engaged and focused on the game) during which to focus my thoughts.

Insomniac is great!

I think it's kind of funny how my play improved after D1, since D1 was the part where I was legitimately scumhunting and then I started being a little less than honest as early as N1 (fuzzing up my townread on Manix; hiding my gut scumread on Prims)

in the meantime; enjoy my d1 crumb that zero people picked up on (unless scumchat found it, but i never read it)

gdi i KNEW that was a crumb because nobody posts and draws attention to shit irrelevant to the game in the same post as context but i didn't bother seriously analyzing it after you denied being vig