Your Favourite Video Game Characters That Haven't Had an HD Debut

Randoman

Yeah, Marth being revealed for SSB4 and it being his debut in HD inspired me to make this topic.

So who are some of your favourite video game characters that haven't had an HD debut? If the character can be shown in HD, but not native HD (like Zidane being in HD by playing Dissidia with the PSP-TV cable), they're still allowed to be listed. Though if an HD game has screenshots revealed for the character yet it hasn't been released yet (like a lot of SSB4's characters), that counts as the character already having an HD debut.

Personally, Cecil Harvey, Golbez, Psaro, and Max from Bomberman come to mind right now.

If he counts, I'd say Ledah. That guy's just a pure unadulterated badass.

You mean the one from Riviera: The Promised Land? I don't see why he wouldn't count. Except for maybe the "Playing Riviera on an HD TV with the Gamecube's Game Boy Player" loophole (or the PSP loophole equivalent), and I don't count the character as having an HD appearance if all the consoles they've been on are not HD native consoles.

Daisy from Mario. She needs to be in mainstream titles again. She's way more awesome than Peach, imo. I never liked Peach. She tended to annoy the crap out of me, especially in Brawl with those damned taunts! >_> I think Daisy is cuter and has a better design too.

Daisy will eventually make a debut in HD when a Mario Kart or sports title comes out for the Wii U though.

Edited by Anacybele

Neku from TWEWY, I guess. Oh, SNATCHER HD remake, thankyou Nightmare's avatar for reminding me of that game.

You're the only other one I know who appreciates him!

Cloud Strife also Cloud Strife and Cloud Strife

I just want an FFVII remake. Or FFVIII. Or both. Please. I don't care about other things they suck please stop what you are doing Square let me relive my childhood

I want an FFT HD remake even though it's not in particular need of one, I blame Valkyria Chronicles for this really.

You mean the one from Riviera: The Promised Land? I don't see why he wouldn't count. Except for maybe the "Playing Riviera on an HD TV with the Gamecube's Game Boy Player" loophole (or the PSP loophole equivalent), and I don't count the character as having an HD appearance if all the consoles they've been on are not HD native consoles.

Yup. He's the only one with that name that I'm aware of.

I'd say Samus since I don't really count an appearance in Smash as a real appearance for the Main Character of such a big franchise.

I've been replaying through the Prime games and lately and it made me realize all over again why this type of game would be great on the Wii U. The original Prime still looks great thanks to its wonderful art direction, the same in HD would be spectacular.

Otherwise, I can't wait for 'X'. Xenoblade was one of my favorite Wii games and despite its subpar graphics, the art direction the game had offered some of the best looking environment I've ever seen in a game.

You can add me to the list; so amazing! And his voice work was just as cool!

Other than him, I have too many to list.

Cloud Strife also Cloud Strife and Cloud Strife

I just want an FFVII remake. Or FFVIII. Or both. Please. I don't care about other things they suck please stop what you are doing Square let me relive my childhood

Get this man a gold chalice...

I'm gonna try and pick people, that most of you have never heard of...

Off the top of my head;

Basically anybody from Tsukihime/Melty Blood

Zeonsilt and Ziekwalt - Growlanser 5

Merklich - Growlanser 6

The entire damn game of Knights in the Nightmare

Archangel - Baroque

Adol Christin

Aya Brea, and none of that 3rd birthday crap

Gawain - Fate/Extra

Cybuster... heh, already happened

The entire Der Langrisser cast

...More later... maybe

Palutena because Kid Icarus Uprising is objectively the best 3DS game that needs to be shown off on the Wii somehow.

I'm sure she'll show up in some Smash 4 cutscene, heheheh.

• 2 weeks later...

Zero, or X. At least Crapcom still remembers them, as their appearance on Project X Zone shows. Sure, Megaman was good news, but I never cared much about the character.