1st Serenes' Pokémon X/Y Tournament (Multi Battle) - New poll!

Alfred Kamon

Opinions?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. This tournament isn't working-- what should we do?

• Scrap it completely and make new ones.
    • Put this on hiatus and make new tournaments in the meantime.
    • Wait till this tournament finishes.

Then it wouldn't be a multi battle tournament though.

Uhh, I know that. It would let you guys finish in a reasonable time frame, though. Note again that in the week since the round started, the ten pairs have collectively completed only one game of the twenty scheduled round-robin matches.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't even aware that Ether was dropping out?

Well, Safyrya traded me the pokemon he had prepared, so if you're okay using a team someone else planned (at least as a base), that shouldn't be a problem?

I was hoping to get my group stage matches done before I started working. I'm on full time now, so I need to relearn time budgeting and all that stuff so my activity it kinda sporadic.

Uhh, I know that. It would let you guys finish in a reasonable time frame, though. Note again that in the week since the round started, the ten pairs have collectively completed only one game of the twenty scheduled round-robin matches.

Sorry, I my comment was meant as a joke, sorry I didn't make it clear enough :(

I was hoping to get my group stage matches done before I started working. I'm on full time now, so I need to relearn time budgeting and all that stuff so my activity it kinda sporadic.

Oh, so that's how it was...

I wasn't even aware that Ether was dropping out?

Well, Safyrya traded me the pokemon he had prepared, so if you're okay using a team someone else planned (at least as a base), that shouldn't be a problem?

Yeah, that's okay. pm me when you get online (or add me on skype or something, it's serious.bananas) and we can sort things out I guess.

No worries Eclipse, I think I will just sit this tournament out anyway. It is super difficult to get 4 people on at the same time and I'm only going to get busier as finals approach. Plus, some of you still haven't responded to my initial PM.

I think we need a time table. This has all been a very good idea so far and I really still want to do it but sadly everyone has different work schedules and timezones to get through, not to mention that lots of people have finals to study for. Just bad timing I guess....

The time table would be a good thing. I just think the timing for the tournament is bad due to the finals. (and personally, I have to deal with a project that has an unpredictable schedule. I thought I would be free all week except for monday, but I had to school related work everyday)

So... I suppose I should be the one making this time-table? Shuuda, aren't you the mod? ok, kidding

I don't have much time till Thursday... I hope I can gather all the data I need in the meantime.

However, I think that most of the partecipants didn't post their availability, and now with Christmas holidays everyone's availability will probably change.

Anyway, I'll see what I can do, because this tournament is taking waaay too much time... and we want more tournaments if possible, right?

Edited by Alfred Kamon

Until I get hired for full time job this winter, I have generally good availability from late morning hours till midnight EST. So far, the only time I won't be available in the near future is this weekend since I'll be away from my wireless to attend my uncle's funeral. Other than that, I'll try to be flexible.

On Mondays, I'm available pretty much all day.

Tuesday-Friday is usually from 11:00 to 6:00 Central Time, although since during that time I might have to work at a moment's notice, I may be unavailable for an hour or more at a time.

Saturday depends on a lot of things, but I'll be able to post ahead of time my schedule for each Saturday.

Sunday I'm completely available from 7 to 10 AM if needed (I don't usually wake up that early on Sunday, but I will), then from 12 to 5 just like Tues-Fri; that is, I may be unavailable for an hour or more at a time.

This will change greatly when school starts back in January, so hopefully we'll get this done before then...right?

Alright. My time table is super-wonky, because of where I live, plus other stuff.

Mondays, Wednesdays: From about 6 PM to 10 PM

Tuesdays: From about 8 PM to 10 PM

Thursdays: These are always unpredictable

Fridays: From about 6 PM to. . .don't keep me up past midnight if you can help it.

Weekends: Even more unpredictable than Thursdays

I am on a weird period where everyone and their mom is having their finals

Yet I am already on a long holiday until next year's february

I'm basically free all day, but I might be out from 10 AM until 4 - 5 PM

Guys, I'm working on the time-table.

However, I have to ask you a favor.

Could you make an availability program (from Monday to Sunday) with your partner? Because it's useless if everyone posts his/her availability, it just makes things difficult. We're couples anyway, and we have to see when we are available together, right? Ok then.

Please talk to your partner and post your common availability, converted into GMT+0! (for those who haven't posted yet)

Edited by Alfred Kamon

But then, why don't you guys enter the tournament with a fixed team, to avoid any advantages? And then, unveil the teams?

edit: Just like anybody going to serebii to spoil the Elite Four and Gym Leaders :Kappa:

Edited by Quintessence