how long do you think this site will last?

Junk

Is it over? Not till the fish jumps! (Whomever gets this is amazing)

Anyways I see it lasting for awhile longer and I hope so because I lack skype atm at Job Corps

SF is already nearly 9 years old and we're more active now than ever. We're the largest FE fansite out there; it would take a lot for us to die for activity reasons.

Vincent and Jyo would have to lose interest in it, or interest in FE would have to be all but gone. Even in the event of the latter, SF's activity has always been built on a strong and loyal community, so I'm sure it would survive in some form.

At the same time, I could see it die out somehow. I remember the reason I came to Serenes forest was because my old forum had died out.

Actually I even forgot the name of the forum, I remember the acronym for it was FESS, but what it stands for I forget (Fire emblem secret shrine/sanctuary)....

Back when that site shut down people from serenes were complaining about the massive migration from that forum to this one....

ANYYWaAY, point is I could see it shutting down in some way, but it's members would probably find some other forum to meet at and discuss.

Can someone tell me what the name of the forum was I'm curious now :(

EDIT: googled it, it was fire emblem sanctuary of strategy... I wasn't even close

Edited by Safyrya

I'd say that it won't die from the fan base dying out, but more like the administrator shutting down the site for personal reasons and such

Pretty much. But i doubt Vincent or Jyo are going to lose interest after sticking it out for so long. I think the site will be up as long as FE continues to be a thing.

Nooo! Don't shut down the site! Where else would I post my hacking questions!?

SF is already nearly 9 years old and we're more active now than ever. We're the largest FE fansite out there; it would take a lot for us to die for activity reasons.

Vincent and Jyo would have to lose interest in it, or interest in FE would have to be all but gone. Even in the event of the latter, SF's activity has always been built on a strong and loyal community, so I'm sure it would survive in some form.

I agree. As long as the Fire Emblem franchise itself keeps up the steam, this place won't go away. And even if for some odd reason Nintendo stops making Fire Emblem games, there will always be a following. Heck even the Commander Keen (first game released in 1990) Forums are still going strong. The latest Keen game was released in 2001. I think it's the hacking/modding that keeps things alive. There's always something to look forward to when somebody's making a hack/mod.

Probably for quite a while longer. The FE series will either have to die, or a superiorFE resource site and forum will have to rise. I can't see the latter ever happening, especially after this placed survived over FESS. The only places that can even try to compete with this site in terms of active members and content is the Fire Emblem subreddit over on Reddit.

This place has a total of 7,871 members (of which only a portion are active) and r/FireEmblem has 7,160 people subscribed.

Even in the event of the latter, SF's activity has always been built on a strong and loyal community, so I'm sure it would survive in some form.

I don't even play FE due to the constant need to update consoles and whatever, but I'm still around. The community aspect is definitely a driving force behind activity.

Probably for quite a while longer. The FE series will either have to die, or a superiorFE resource site and forum will have to rise. I can't see the latter ever happening, especially after this placed survived over FESS. The only places that can even try to compete with this site in terms of active members and content is the Fire Emblem subreddit over on Reddit.

This place has a total of 7,871 members (of which only a portion are active) and r/FireEmblem has 7,160 people subscribed.

I remember there was a post back then that basically said SF is a lot more lively than simmilar kind of forum who have liek 10x more member than SF

Which is pretty amazing

You don't have to look that far to find examples of why member comparisons don't work for gauging activity vs SF. In our own community, FEPlanet has 12,000 members and even at its most active did not compare to SF.

Like I said in a previous post, SF members tend to not leave even if they lose interest in the series. The small amount of users is deceptive because a large percentage of them remain active and post for a long time. The FE community is big enough to support at least one active forum, but small enough that even when given a single active place to congregate members can feel like it is tight-knit. That's honestly what I believe is responsible for SF's curious activity; it's very easy to fit into a group of friends here, and once you've made several friends you're pretty likely to stick around even if you stop playing the games.

Or SFers are spammers, one of those.

Edited by Tangerine

I have no idea! Sorry.

Curses, I was hoping you would tell me. I mean, other people have posted logical answers since then, but they made too much sense for me to pay attention too.