The War for Our Future - Character Development Thread

MRDRHAWK

[spoiler=Klotho 3]​Klotho… who is Klotho? Something… weak. Something ill. Something who needs to be protected. Something...

Is it me? Is it another? Did I steal something's name? I'm scared to find out and I'm scared to not.

What do I do? What can I do? Fight? But fighting is… bad. Wrong.

Fighting is why I have eyes like these. Fighting is what twisted me.

​…Wait, how do I know that? Do I know it? Or is it an assumption, after seeing how fighting has broken everyone in this group?

I'm scared. I'm confused. I want someone to give me answers. But if I ask too much, I annoy. If I annoy, won't they throw me away?

Klotho is weak. I am weak.

That is truth, isn't it?

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reposting my Ace/Alicia skit here^^

(I'll probably post in both, but here's the skit I was talking about that went along with the first post timeskip post I made earlier)

[spoiler=Ace/Alicia: Meet Again]
*Earlier on, when the twins meet up again after six months*
Ace: Sis, did you get the sword I mailed you?

Alicia: The Tyrfing sword from Judgrali legend. I have it here with me Ace, thank you. Did you get the sword and tome I sent you?

Ace: Yeah, I was pretty surprised you got that Killing Edge repaired in Ferox. To be honest I thought you'd pick out a different sword.

Alicia: You wanted it to be reforged, right? So I got it reforged for you.

Ace: Aw, thanks Alicia. You even rewrapped the handle so the bloodstain is gone.

Alicia: I erased its identity as a murder weapon and remade it as a new weapon. One free from its old past.

Ace: I gotta thank the blacksmith who did the job. I've never seen a Killing Edge so shiny before. Just watch me kill lots of foes with this katana!

Alicia: I'm glad you like it, Ace. I searched all over Ferox for a blacksmith who'd take on the job.

Ace: I can imagine you did for this level of craftsmanship. I also didn't expect another Katarina's Bolt tome, but I happen to like this kind of thunder tome so thanks again.

Alicia: I'm glad I picked out the tome you like Ace.

Ace: I thought about a forged Thoron, though Katarina’s Bolt is still a good choice—Sis, is that a ring I spy?

Alicia: Yes, it is! *grins madly* Guess who’s now your brother in law!

Ace: Khan Polydeuces. Looks like I have a reason to come back here with Chrom and Lucina after this war is done. You’ll want me to come visit you two, am I right?

Alicia: Of course, Ace! You can bring Chrom and Lucina with you and I can set up a dinner for all of us.

Ace: I think I’m going to give Chrom a coronary from introducing him to Poly.

Alicia: Because Basilio and Flavia are still alive back home, right?

Ace: Yeah, he might be a little shocked at first. And considering the kind of guy Poly is, I wouldn’t be surprised.

Alicia: Poly is rather silly, but he just takes some getting used to, that’s all.

Ace: *eyebrow raised* Like the way you eventually became used to him?

Alicia: *Laughs*

Ace: Oh geez, if Poly heard me say that…who knows what his reaction would be?

Alicia: *still laughing* He’d probably tease you about it.

Ace: Yeah, knowing him that sounds like something he’d do. Heck, I’d probably never hear the end of it.

[spoiler=Klotho?] "I'm going to do it. I'm going to compete."

"No! No, don't go! Don't go with them! Don't leave me!"

"Don't worry! I'll win, get their prize, and then come back and take care of you forever!"

"Don't go! Just stay with me!"

"If I don't get the money, then you'll-!"

"I don't care! I don't care if I'll die! Just don't leave me!"

"I told you! I'll be right back! Be good until then, okay!"

​"Please… please… come back! Come back, ________!"

---

"What… what is…? Where is…?"

"You… you came back? You… you really…?"

"What happened? Why… why is there an… an arrow…?"

​"You're here. That's… that's all I want. Hold me… please… please, stay until I…"

"What's going on? What's going on?"

---

"KLOTHO!!!!!"

Here's that arc were Anon went off and did a favor for Onorare (gonna start using that book now)

Walk of Elena and Anon

Anon walked slowly down the grey streets of a ruined city. Ashes wished across the ground with every breeze and every step, and the air was very cold and dry. Empty buildings that had once been many shades of cream, blue and orange had been scorched grey by the fires of the Annas, and almost every window was broken with the glass melted either at the bottom of the windowsill or on the ground below. However, despite this, there were some signs of a hidden population. Brushed paths meant to hide footprints could be seen, but little else. The people hanging around were very cautious, Anon knew that from some previous dealings. Fine weapons weren't exactly cheap, and neither was finding an employer easy. As such, it helped to have connections. Scholars and criminals alike could profit plenty from underground dealings for this artifact or that information. With the webs of this hidden society so wide and planned, it was impossible to trace and unlikely to stump. As such, there was no better place to hunt for information not written, as Anon knew from experience, many times. Certainly, there would be some fact or rumor that could prove invaluable in his investigation. The faster he knew the root, the faster they could kill the weed.

---

Suddenly, Anon stopped in the middle of the street. Of all the people in the underground, there was one who was mostly likely to help him, the same who was most likely of all to have avoided the march of the Annas. Looking about, he began to whistle a little tune, the only thing he knew how to whistle.

After the first part, he ceased and listened for a sound.

None. So he continued.

After the second part, there was a short rustle in the dust. A young face appeared from around the corner, grim and fearful. Upon seeing Anon, the individual let out a sigh of relief, and whistled a tune of there own. At this coded invitation, Anon smiled and walked forward on his own, there was no need for someone to lead him. He followed the youth through a passage that normally would have been hidden behind scrap wood, but was now covered by a cobbled ruble of grey stones

-

Anon was received warmly by his host, a short, thick, somewhat high voiced man across the table from him. They had met each other with a handshake, a quick exchange about the former's family. However, both were people of terse dealings, so they quickly sat down over a glass of heated water (which would have been tea under better circumstances) before they began a discussion. The man across from him from, known as Onorare, was one of the most clever people Anon had ever had the pleasure of meeting. The two had often helped each other out in each others personal goals, and there was no reason to believe that, talking to him now, he would prove any less useful. After all, knowledge travels very quickly where it's not supposed to.

---

Onorare: Well Anonymous, it's easy to tell your not here for small talk, especially with this fiasco.

Anon: Right. In fact, that's why I'm here. I need-

Onorare: information I presume.

Anon: Right, that's often what I ask of you. There's no better place to pick up knowledge than in your line of work

Onorare: Heheh, your right. I'm honestly surprised you didn't come by sooner.

Anon: *smiles* Well, I intended to, but as you know, a good mercenary is rarely idle, and I've had a rather...personal job lately.

Onorare: Ah, I see. So, what do you need to know?

Anon: Oh, the obvious. Anything you can tell me about the Annas that I'd be interested to hear.

Onorare: Well, I'd say that cuts back quite a bit on what I can tell you. Haha!

Anon: *smirks* Well then, I guess I should go now. *gets up* A pleasure as-

Onorare: Not quite Anon, I jest-

Anon: As always. For someone who likes to get down to business, you don't take it very seriously

Onorare: Well, I could say the exact same to you. But that's not we're here to focus on, is?

Anon: *breathes* No, it's not. What can you tell me?

Onorare: Heh. Anon, I like to stay informed, and you and I, one might call our relationship friendly. So, knowing you and knowing myself, I got an early start.

Anon: On what, might I ask?

Onorare: This. *slides a red book across the table. the binding is gold and the cover is blank* I immediately had my boys snoop around about these red-haired merchants. I got some pretty weird stuff, so you might want to skip a few pages. However, everything I found out I double checked and had compiled into here. Almost everything you'll ever need to know about Annas.

Anon: Ah, an Anna encyclopedia. *laughs* It's got a certain...alliterary ring to it.

Onorare: Indeed it does. I figured this would be something you'd enjoy.

Anon: And you were right *gets up and picks up book* It was nice to see you again sir. I must go though, I have a long walk to return to my current allies. One might call them, 'desert people,'

Onorare: Actually, one more thing Anonymous.

Anon: *startled* What, sir?

-

Onorare: *sigh* Anon, have I ever talked to you about my daughter?

Anon: Well, there was the one time, I ran a holiday errand for you and you mentioned her. Elena, wasn't it?

Onorare: Yes. Now, you see, Anon, I need you to-

Anon: No sir, I will not m-

Onorare: DAMNIT ANONYMOUS, SCRAP YOUR GAMES AND LISTEN TO ME!

Anon:...

Onorare: Anon, I can't leave here. This is my home, it's were I was raised, were I was born. My men and I can only operate here. But it's not a place were I can guarantee her safety. Look, I know you're not parental and I know you work a rough business, but Speed, I trust you. And right now, I don't need a soldier, I need a friend.

Anon: I'm afraid I don't fully follow sir

Onorare: *sigh* Anonymous, I need, I absolutely NEED to know that Elena is safe, and there's no one I know is alive I trust more to bring her somewhere safe, keeping her safe, than you. I may not even trust anyone more for this. Please, as your friend, I beg you to do this for me!

Anon: ...I accept. Sir, I will bring her somewhere safe. You have my word I won't let her get hurt.

Onorare: *wipes a tear* t-thank you.

Anon: Your welcome sir. I will meet her outside if that's okay with you. I need to do so soon, as I said, I have a long walk.

Onorare: Of course! I can never repay you enough for this!

Anon: *smirks* Oh, you know me, there's no need to.

*end*

Two figures slowly yet steadily trekked across the desert shortly after dusk (pun), not wavering, and for a long time, not speaking. One was a brown haired male, tall with a well sculpted face, unweighed by the swords, axes and armor that he had equipped. The other was a younger, shorter girl, though still rather tall with short sea-green hair. For a majority of their journey, which took a majority of the night before and, minus a midday nap, the day, little had been said. Occasionally they would check to see that the other was okay or they would become still so the man could check a map and compass, but little else. However, as a small structure began to form in the horizon, talk did begin.

Man: Well Elena, there it is?

Elena: *shakes head* I'm sorry, what?

Man: The base, you can see it in the distance.

Elena: *squints* Er, sorry Anon, my eyesight isn't as good as yours.

Anon: Ha! Not many can say theirs is!

Elena: I'm sure you're right. *yawn* when we get there, I'm going to take huge nap!

Anon: I thought you were a night owl?

Elena: Normally, yeah, but we've been walking nonstop for a while.

Anon: heh, well, I'm it's not my job to stop.

Elena:...why'd you agree to this anyway? I know you're my dad's friend and all, but times are hard, your obviously busy and it's not cheap to provide for a growing woman, or anyone for that matter.

Anon: Well...I took this job because...I don't enjoy disappointing people. And your father is a close friend of mine, we've helped each other out a lot in the past. He's sort of like...a cousin to me, shall we say. Besides, I wouldn't want to leave anyone in harms way.

Elena: Noble.

Anon: Indeed. See it now?

Elena: Uh, yeah, I do now.

Anon: Excellent! I'm glad we're finally there! Now before we go in, let me tell you some stuff, it's important you listen.

Elena: Alright, spit it out.

Anon: There's a hero there, about twice your age. Don't talk to him. In addition, there's a woman who has two different color eyes, don't insult her. There's also two people with ridiculous hair, you're unlikely to see them both at once. Avoid them if possible. Okay?

Elena: I got it. If my dad trusts you, so do I.

Anon: Good to hear! Now come along, even I'm starting to feel cold.

---

Time to end the tale of Elena and Anon! This takes place on the day of the port battle and Anon's journey home takes him the duration of the final battle, so he does not arrive until the time skip.

-

Elena: Anon, how long have we been walking?

Anon: Oh, just a few hours.

The two individuals trekked through a thick forest, often climbing hand and foot over toppled trees and large boulders. Precursor to this was a long time spent navigating the desert, with consistent stops to read the map occurring throughout. Anon had read the map at least 50 times during their trip. He had checked te orientation a dozen times, checked his compass compare to other compasses three times, and often handed the map to Elena to see if she found something he had missed.

Anon: If I'm to believe this crudely drawn X, we should arrive any minute

Elena: You know Anon, maybe I should have just stayed with the Dreamers. I can fight perfectly well and it would be a lot simp-

Anon: Elena, I respect your competence, but I promised your father I'd take you somewhere safe, and there is CERTAINLY not safe.

Elena: *sigh* If you say so.

Anon: Hm...*checks map* it should be...there! *points right* Ha! Look! I think I see the entrance! Tarry ho!

---

Chrom was sitting outside the door, gazing at the stars above him. This night made him recall the starry night's he had spent with his wife before she was killed. Chrom was snapped from his thoughts when he noticed two figures approach, one appeared to be a small child with an adult. Getting up from his chair, Chrom called out to them, "Who's out there? Are you members of the Azure Dreamers?" Chrom called out, trying to make out the figures in the night with little torchlight.

---

Anon: Ah, well, this should be the place.

Elena: 'should be'?

Anon: You can never be to careful!

Anon drew his Swordslayer and held it to his side. 'I AM ANON OF THE AZURE DREAMERS! I HAVE WITH ME ELENA, DAUGHTER OF ONORARE, WHOM I HAVE BROUGHT HERE TO HIDE IN SAFETY!' Elena rubbed her ears from the noise.

Chrom rubbed his ear with his uninjured hand with all the yelling. "Peace, friend. I'm Chrom. I lead the Shepherds from here. Anyone from the Azure Dreamers who comes here for aid, will receive it." Chrom walked out towards Anon, even with his bandages still in place. "You said you need a safe hiding place for Elena, then I'll be happy to offer her shelter here."

It wasn't long before Frederick came out at all the noise, "Milord! Are you sure we can afford to do this?"

Chrom turned to Frederick, "Frederick, Even with our country in this state, we are still Shepherds. We cannot afford to not help out the people here in this time of crisis."

Frederick sighed, "Yes milord. As you wish."

Chrom turned back to Anon, "My apologies Anon was it? Frederick here can be a little subborn. The Shepherds can certainly offer Elena safety here. I swear it on my elder sister Emmeryn's grave!"

Anon: Good, I swore on my own I'd take he to safety. Her father has never broken a promise to me, nor I to him. Your generosity, it's much appreciated.

Elena: Yes, it really is. My father would be crying right now if he were here.

Anon: Oh yes, he'd be on his hands and knees, thanking you over and over again-

Elena: proclaiming how gracious it was for you to aid a commoner like him in these times-

Anon: Yes indeed, Onorare is actually quite a sap.

Chrom: Elena will be safe here. I won't let anything happen to her on my honor as Exalt of Ylisse.

Frederick: It's as milord wishes.

Chrom: Good. I appreciate your loyalty Frederick.

*to Anon* I imagine you'd like to say farewell to Elena before heading back. Take all the time you need and let me know when you're finished.

Anon: of course sir, thank you. Your promise is mutually beneficial, because if she is harmed, even if it kills me, I will tear the one responsible apart and send them bit by bit to her father. Or maybe I'm just blowing off steam! That's something I tend to do!

Elena just put her hand to her head and shook it.

Chrom: Rest assured Anon, no harm will come to Elena while I'm still alive. As long as I still draw breath, no harm shall come to Elena or any of the other children under the Shepherd's care.

Frederick: If milord wishes it, I'll take every safety precaution ensure Elena's complete safety.

Chrom: That's my intention, Frederick.

Frederick: Yes, milord.

Anon: Ha! Your knight is smart. Makes me wonder how someone so cautious got such a bad burn.

Elesa: *elbows Anon* Anon! That's rude!

Anon: Heh, you and father are more alike than you think! Always considering everyone, even when it's not opportune.

Chrom: Ah, this wound I have...it was from protecting my daughter, Lucina.

Frederick: Milords injury is my fault! Had I hastened my steps, milord won't have been--

Chrom: It's fine Frederick. Even if you'd intervened, you'd probably be in the same state as me.

Chrom: Well, I have been feeling more movement in this arm than usual. Though it may be a while before I'm able to wield a sword again. The injury was quite severe, I nearly lost my arm intercepting that attack meant for Lucina...

Anon: Who who-na?

Chrom: My daughter, she and my younger Lissa are the only remaining family I have left after that day.

Frederick: Milord, it's getting rather late.

Anon: Armor is right Blue Blood. Why for you go ahead, I'll send Elena in after I say goodbye.

Chrom: Of course. *to Frederick* Once Elena is inside the fortress, lock the door for the night. I'm counting on you. *goes inside to head to bed*

Frederick: Yes milord.

Anon: Well Elena, I may not know you well,-

Elena: Nor are you one for long goodbyes.

Anon: Hey, how did-?

Elena: Oh, my father has told me a few stories about you. I always thought he was joking until I actually saw your 'collection.' It was, surprising, to say the least.

Anon: Well, I'm known for surprising people.

Elena: Yeah, you certainly proved that.

Anon: *chuckle* Indeed I did...look, Elena, before I leave here, I won't you to know that Onorare loves you a lot. Every time he's told me about you he goes on about how proud of you he is. So I want you to stay safe with these people, and if something makes here not safe, you can run to your father or the dreamers, and if the later I'll make sure your provide for. It's not just because I made a promise that I care about your safety, I care about your safety...because I care about your family. So, just be careful, if just for Onorare's sake.

Elena: I...thanks. Thanks from my father as well as me. My family cares about you to Anon, my father speaks fondly of you. So, be safe yourself, I'm sure my father will want to thank you in person after this is done.

Anon: Of course. Hurry along now, *brushes Elena forward*

---

Anon: Well, that's one chapter closed *breathes a sigh of relief* now to return to base and start another...*sigh*

Despite having accomplished his side goal, the goal he had left made him feel heavy hearted upon thinking about it. Something felt...alone about the place, with him not being very social nor trusted among the dreamers, especially in comparison to his family and connections. However, he cared more to save the world than dig up old feelings, so he set aside his thoughts and began his trek home.

[spoiler=Jxemas 1]

When was the last time I saw Light.....7 months prior. I remember it like yesterday...

"Enough....who are you..?"

"Just an enigma. Sorry you're almost dead. That's what you get for attacking me."

"...I see. What a strange archbishop you are."

"What are you doing out here?"

"I was told to grasp the Goddess fruit."

"What?"

"I am the chosen one. The destined one to become the true hero of the Goddess.."

"And you're an absolute loon. I knew it.."

"..OR we can help each other."

"How."

"Help me find answers and get to the gods, and I'll help you-"

"Find the strongest mage alive? No."

"...Please."

"Walk with me..there is stuff we must talk about.."

"What are you thinking about now.."

"Forgive me..I was lost in thought."

"Doing that isn't going to defeat Xert. Come on."

"...Right.."

This is one of many. This is after the time skip.

[spoiler=Phoibus]She is always like that. Quick to scold, quick to lecture, until she sees trauma and then she is smiles and hugs and gentle words. It is even worse when SHE was related to the trauma. When SHE is the one hurt. She'd smile, reassure, ask if the attacker is okay now. She easily forgives things done to her, most of the time.

Sometimes, he thinks it was because she knew forgiveness was crueler than anger.

If one is forgiven, then how can one really 'atone'? No work, no… anything. Poof. Once you've been given forgiveness, there's no more atoning to do. It's the light at the end of the tunnel. Bright, burning light. It seems to scaled when it knows you did nothing to earn it.

He still remembers that day clearly. The day their precious little sister, Tabby, had figured out just why her big brother and sister were working for horrible men. They'd been threatening her, her husband, and her sweet baby boy. It completely broke her. In her despair, she killed her husband and ALMOST killed her child. When a neighbors started shouting, she decried the organization they'd been working for, revealed them for what they truly were behind the masks, and jumped right off the building.

They'd seen it all, but had been too far away to stop. No one else had even tried.

It broke him, shattered him, and he went into a rage, slaughtering anyone and everyone. Blood rained, bones shattered… the streets were dyed crimson and the buildings wept corpses. Everything blurred together in furious scarlet-crimson. He'd only regained his senses when he heard a heart-aching yelp and realized who his next would-be victim was. Agrona.

Her neck was horribly bruised from his attempt to strangle her. Her left eye was a mess of blood and pulp, completely gone. The right eye leaked tears as she asked him to calm down, that Tabby was dead, that everyone was dead, and to please not leave her too.

Agrona, his sister. His constant. The one he willingly sold himself to Doma for, and never once regretted it. The one he'd do anything for, if she only asked. And he'd almost killed her. He had let go, babbled apologies, waited for the rejection and anger. He'd known it was coming. It was okay, though, back then. He'd just work for her trust back. He'd fight tooth and nail for it, no matter how long it took. Except there hadn't been any fighting, no working. She'd just hugged him, let him cry in her shoulder, and FORGAVE him like he'd done nothing. But he had. He had.

After burying Tabitha, he'd run. That, at least, she wouldn't forgive him for. Leaving her behind. Leaving her alone. He had to do SOMETHING to make her mad, so that he could work for some sort of forgiveness. It isn't the same. It wouldn't be. But it is close enough to soothe the guilt and that, really, is what matters to him.

"Phoiby, what are you doing?" He glances down from his perch on a building to see Lady Anna Aimee pouting up at him. "You said you'd help me."

"Right, swimming lessons," he murmurs, jumping down and smiling charmingly at her.

Her face flushes slightly. Despite being perhaps the most powerful of the Annas, she was the easiest to fluster. "Please?"

"Yes, I remember. Don't worry, my dear lady."

​"If you say so. Oh, did you finish your trick to deal with those dolls that came back without permission?"

"I did. You needn't fret. I am, after all, a man of my word. This includes swimming lessons."

"Yes, so let's go."

Edited by Kat

[spoiler=The Next Steps Are Rushed, Full of Wonder]

The notes covered the window with such a precision that no light could seep through.

The notes, dating from six months prior to just moments ago, covered everything she knew and everything she had just learned.

The moment she bid the girls farewell, she forego sleeping - again - in favor of recording... everything, from the way the threads were shaped to the way the magic turned black at her touch to the way it responded. The notes outlined everything she have possibly experiences, every memory from those past hours she engraved in ink, and lived again.

Even the mere thought of her actions made her ill. No WONDER, Henry had never expressed an sort of interest in teaching her dark magic. He must have known how... horrifically corruptible she was. There was nothing they could have done about Morgan - he arrived to them also with the knowledge, but her... he had just been trying to protect her.

That barrier had to be his doing.

And she so stupidly ripped it to shreds.

Silvia wound her ink-stained hands in her hair, pressing her forehead against the windowsill.

But, as she recalled, Nathaniel had mentioned something about there being another way. The advantage was still, there, and with the foes Anna Rosaline had mentioned they would face, she needed every advantage she could get. Even with her natural speed and agility Theresa had managed to stab her twice - TWICE! - before she could even counterattack. And Theresa wasn't even the strongest one. How awfully pathetic.

Did it matter if Kat thought her the strongest if their opponents could end her so quickly? She could have died then, and she had literally no control over what could have been her fate.

She had already subjected herself to the hands of fate. She had already let it rule over her.

Silvia pulled back, moving her fingers from her hair to the curtains and yanking them open completely, running her blank, twisted gaze from the top of the window, to the bottom, all covered in her notes.

"... And I won't let it control me again."

So… yeah. Who else thinks Silvia needs the sleep staff used on her?

I say we use the sleep staff and knock her out with it

... She's sleeping at least, and her high resistance means jack shit

Edited by DodgeDusk

I say we use the sleep staff and knock her out with it

... She's sleeping at least, and her high resistance means jack shit

At this point she needs something.

This is just her re-visiting her previous methods of dealing with things... she's not even actually CORRUPT yet. XD

Dusk (the character) for best roleplayer?

Yes. 'o'

I don't think Silvia has officially connect the B-support to Dusk's uncanny ability to sound JUST like Henry... she is completely convinced she was hallucinating then. XD

[spoiler=Heavy thoughts - Kat] She wakes up and she's alone. She almost panics until she hears the commotion downstairs. They are close, just in a place she can't see. But, one day, there will come a day when she wakes up, alone and cold, and the closest place that she can find them will be her own head.

She sighs and carefully presses her hands to her still-flat stomach. She can almost feel the life of the baby growing there. It's still too early, of course, but she thinks she can anyway. It fills her with pleasure, happiness… and sickening terror. The reason is obvious, though she can never voice them.

She is immortal. She is, essentially, undying. But her baby won't be. Will never be. She will, at some point, will have to watch her beautiful, precious baby DIE. And her baby's children, and their children, and on and on and on. Just as she does Tabitha's children.

She remembers, a long time ago, when there was a horrible plague. It leveled entire cities and ravaged entire countries. The worst part about it, though, was that the chief victims were CHILDREN. She remembers helping to save a couple of the children, and attending the funerals of thousands more. One of the mothers had told her that a parent should never have to bury their child.

But she'd have to do so. And that nearly broke her heart.