The War for Our Future - Character Development Thread

MRDRHAWK

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked the skit with Anna Michel, Kat. Well done.

(Can't take all the credit. Vash and I had fun with that! XP)

[spoiler=Yuffie and Kat]Yuffie: Samson came up to me earlier and asked if there was anything he should know about the health of the army. As we're keeping the pregnancy, and possible... complications that run in your family. It's up to you whether or not I tell him. I may not always be around, and I think it would be of benefit for you if there was someone else to help if, if I was otherwise incapacitated.

Kat: …That's true. *sighs* I'm afraid the herbs you gave me to prevent the weakness aren't working as well as we'd hope either. I'd guess I've a month before being completely bedridden. I'm so sorry for putting more stress on you, Yuffie.

Yuffie: They're not? By the Goddess... I'll search through my books to see if I can find anything else that could help. It's fine Kat. The priority here is you. Just... just hang in there, please? I don't know how we'd be able to move on without you.

Kat: Haha, you're sweet, Yuffie. I'm sure you would be able to figure out something without a convoy and rallies, though you might have a lot more crazy people to lecture. *sad look* I just can't stand the thought of abandoning someone, being abandoned… and I'm well aware that without a healer's help, the BEST case scenario would be my death and a healthy baby. Worse case is that we're both dead. Still, we might need to think of a way for me to be moved quickly, aside from being carried.

Yuffie: Well, for moving quickly, there is one possibility that springs to my mind.. When I was in Themis, I went looking around the dukedom, in hopes of finding survivors. While I didn't find any people, I did manage to find something. I found Maribelle's horse. When you and Dusk ran ahead separately, I doubled back , and I convinced her to come with me. She's staying close to the port, so if you want, I can bring her in, and you'd be able to travel around much more quickly. She's a fast lass, and she could get you away from danger if we're attacked.

Kat: I think I can remember how to ride side-saddle as well, and I think I SHOULD have the strength to sit up even at my worst. The only trick would be mounting in that case. *smiles* If she doesn't mind, I'd be honored.

Yuffie: I'd say she'd love to have a new rider. She's a really gentle girl, and she treads lightly, so you shouldn't have to fear any sudden bumps. Kat, do either you or the Lady Mila have any ideas why your family has issues with bearing children? Odds are that it won't have an impact, but it's better to have a whole picture.

Kat: Not really, truth be told. It could be a genetic thing or it could've even been a more… environmental thing. My family was exposed to the same things, more or less, during the key developmental years, after all. I've never really bothered to ask Mila about it, certainly didn't even think of children before meeting Dusk, and… well, there's a lot going on, so I'm not sure if Mila could spare the time to answer. I have always had an irregular period, though, if that helps any.

Yuffie: From what I know, anovulation, that is, an irregular period, should only affect your ability to get pregnant, and wouldn't impact the pregnancy itself. Hmmm...

Kat: Which, OBVIOUSLY, I didn't have a problem with. *sighs* The stress of all the fighting isn't likely not helping at all either. I'm sorry I can't be more informative, Yuffie.

Yuffie: It's fine. It would be completely unrealistic to expect you to know what was going on. Still, I'm worried that we may never find out the root of this problem. What if it affects your child too? No, I'm sorry, I shouldn't be vocalising my worries to you. You've enough on your plate as is.

Kat: It's fine, Yuffie. I'm grateful for all the help, and I slapped you when you tried to hide your worries and fears from before, remember? *smiles* You should get a list of things I can do to help out while bedridden. Like the number of potions, balms, and bandages that need to be made. I know I'll be more cooperative with the enforced bed-rest if I can have something to do, and I know you'll need a lot of help here.

Yuffie: Of course! I'd hate to have to tie you up like we did for poor Breezy. Not that I doubt your ability to escape, it's just always.... rather awkward. I'll compile a list of potential tasks, and you can pick out the ones that work best for you. *grins* Maybe you could pick up knitting too! I'm sure you could make some smashing jumpers!

Kat: I'm afraid that the only times I've handled any sort of needle, I was either administrating medicine, poison, or reminding some chauvinistic men that 'woman's tools' could be quite deadly if they go into your eye. But… I'll think on it. Maybe I could try and make some gloves for everyone. …Eventually.

Yuffie: Kat, I hope you keep in mind that a lot of things can be lethal when they go into your eye. For example, there's... wait, this isn't something one should be discussing with a pregnant woman. *laughs nervously* Actually, how is Dusk doing with the 'becoming a father' concept?

Kat: Yuffie, are you forgetting the fact that I was an assassin? I could go into the 7 stages of blackthorn poisoning if you'd like. Very gruesome that. The 5th stage involves gangrene and necrosis. *shrugs* We… haven't talked about it much. But he seems happy. And worried. But mostly happy.

Yuffie: Gangrene and necrosis at the same time? Goodness, that's rather extreme. It's a rather vicious poison, by the sounds of it. Wait, no, must avoid talking about death around a baby. Risk contamination of youth, and may cause instability. Anyway, I think you and Dusk will be excellent parents. You really should talk to him about parenthood though. Maribelle and I missed that chance when the son we had no idea we were going to have popped in from the future. It pays to be prepared!

Kat: …Yuffie, the baby has my genes AND Dusk's genes. It doesn't stand a chance when it comes to sanity and stability. *smiles softly* Still, I think I'll take your advice. When one of us can stay awake long enough. It's been a tiring few days.

Yuffie: I was talking to Chrom about parenthood, and he said it gets MUCH worse once the baby's born. You may wish to try and get it 'out of the way', as it were.

Kat: *dryly* Except I'm more or less certain Chrom didn't have a war to deal with, directly at least, when he knocked up his wife. *sighs* As I said, I'll try. We've had some conflicting schedules lately. Not the least being that I've tired myself out just from moving too much.

Yuffie: Fortunately, you're now bedlocked, and I can think of a few ways that would enable you two to have some alone time, and talk about the future. Plans, children's names, how to dispose of disliked relationships, etc.

Kat: So, you're going ahead and putting me on bed rest, then? *sighs* Will you want me to stay in the infirmary, or my own room? Or tent, depending on where we're camping out on the campaign.

Yuffie: I know it's boring Kat, but there's naught else that I can think of. The decision of course, is up to you. We just need to keep you relaxed. I suppose we could fashion some form of device that allows you to move around without the risk of exertion, so I could talk to Anon about that.

Kat: No offense to the man, but I'm not sure I'd trust my baby to any of his devices. *sighs again* I'll obey the healer. I promised you that, when I first told you of the problem, after all. Guess I'd better begin reading about knitting.

Yuffie: It's nothing he came up with, I assure you. While I was reading over some texts, I found an idea for a type of hair with wheels, for transporting patients. I was considering asking Anon if he'd be willing to refine the design, and have either Dan or himself construct one. If you want, I can forward the design to him, and see what he comes up with.

Also, I managed to bring some of my favourite books with me to Port Ferox. Would you like to take some of them for reading material to pass the time?

Kat: We'll see. For now, I'm reluctant to trust him with anything to do with my baby. Including refining a design. I'm blaming hormones for being uncooperative here. And yes, I'd love the books. Thanks, for everything, Yuffie.

Edited by Kat

[spoiler=Anna Aimee and Phoibus]Aimee: The ocean's lovely at this hour! Bernadette used to paint these sorts of things... I wish I could find some of her drawings.

Phoibus: Shall I hunt for some for you? Though, if I may be so bold, Lady Aimee, you are even more lovely, at any hour.

Aimee: You can find her paintings? Oh, Phobius! [/runs over and hugs him] That would be amazing!

Phoibus: *laughs and kisses one of her hands* I shall certainly endeavor to do my best. If there are any to be found, know that your humble servant will find it. Would it be possible, however, for me to ask a question of you, my lady?

Aimee: [/blushes] M-My humble servant? You flatter me far too much! But, um. Hmm. What did you want to ask?

Phoibus: I'm curious as to your spells, milady. The one you've cast on me has been QUITE devastating, my lovely lady, so I wanted to know more about the fascinating things you get up to when I'm not around to entertain you.

Aimee: Oh... my magic. I mean, I know it's supposedly "wicked", and even eviller than the elder magics but... I've always loved magic. Ever since I was little and Margeaux showed me a simple Fire spell. And I've always wanted to learn more. And one day, Theresa and Bernadette took me out to a festival and there was this beautiful book on the art of necromancy. I bought it and... I don't know. I wanted to do the impossible. Bring back the dead? Imagine that! But... it doesn't work, not like I thought it would... A-And I'm sorry about that spell, I was um, trying something?

Phoibus: Ah, I see. It reminds me of the first time I saw a healer mend flesh. It was… wondrous to see. *smiles and impishly kisses the tip of her nose* Relax, milady. As you can see, I have made QUITE the recovery. I am, however, open to your… close inspection if you're not convinced by my simple words.

Aimee: It's... magical. [/giggles] For lack of a better word! [/blushes as he kisses her, hiding her face behind her hands] Phoibus! I ... wait, close inspection? How... [/blushes even more] How close are you talking?

Phoibus: Why… as close as you want, my lady? Perhaps I can… demonstrate my own abilities for you again? Like I did after your swimming lessons?

Aimee: Oh... THAT'S why you mean... I - okay... I just - [/pauses and sighs wistfully, looking up at him through her fingers] I just can't believe you actually like me... I mean, you! Liking someone like me! It's so... unexpected

Phoibus: My dear lady, you are beautiful, strong, and have a gorgeous spirit. How could one NOT fall in love?

Aimee: Wait... in love? You actually...? [/gasps, blushing] Oh my stars. I - I never imagined... I... [/hugs Phoibus again] Phoibus! I love you too!

Phoibus: I've never heard sweeter words. Shall I prove my own to you?

Aimee: [/smiles up at him] Prove... y-yes. Of... of course you can Phobius. Just um... can you promise me something?

Phoibus: You need only ask, milady.

Aimee: Even if... all of this... and by that I mean... you know, us, doesn't work out... I still want to be friends. You're a great guy, Phobius, and I want to be by your side. And... even if I'm not the great, you know, love of your life, I still want to be there for you. And that means don't die on me. You can't. I won't let you. [/takes a step back and holds out her hand] Promise, Phobius?

Phoibus: *kneels without hesitation, takes her hands, and kisses them softly* Know that to be a promise that shall never be broken, milady. I swear it.

Aimee: [blushes again and looks away shyly] O-Okay... thank you, Phoibus. I - I'll stay by your side too! I promise on, everything I have. [/looks back at him and claps her hands together, beaming]

Phoibus: Few things would make me as happy. *grins slyly* Now… that close inspection mentioned...

Aimee: Oh! O-Oh, of course... hmm. That spell could have hit you anywhere, now that I think about it... looks like... I'll just... have to check everywhere!

Phoibus: THAT close, huh? Well… perhaps I should show you a few... tricks.

Aimee: [/blushes and nods] Okay... lead the way?

[spoiler=As she sleeps - Phoibus] Somedays, he wonders just how he's so messed up in the head.

He doesn't lie. Well, not when it comes to seducing. These Anna sisters, crazy as they are… are fascinating and beautiful. It was easy to fall in love with Rosaline. Even easier with Aimee. As for Michel… there's respect and admiration for how far she's willing to go for her loved ones, especially her goddess mother. It wasn't hard at all to develop affections too. Serena's a bitch, but she's just as beautiful as her sisters and he has so much fun tugging her ponytail that it's okay to not fall in love with her.

But, even though he loves them, he has no second thoughts at leading them to their deaths.

He sometimes thinks it's a side-effect of just how many times he's died and resurrected. He's lost track of the number of times he's had to regenerate his head or heart or lungs, due to his pact with Doma. Never to die before his immortal sister, he's doomed to constantly bounce between life and death. He's fine with that. More than fine, even. But surely that's had some sort of side effect. Maybe this was it.

Other times, though, he considers that it is because they'll die anyway, so why not give them some sort of pleasure, even happiness, before doing they succumb? Some modicum of respect, admiration, affection before they die miserable deaths on the battlefield, just as he manipulated. Perhaps it's his way of even apologizing for it, as it isn't necessarily a good death. Not that there really IS a good death, though.

Still other times, he just thinks it's him. That something had happened when he was born, that first time so long ago, and made him so easily accepting of loving and betraying. It's just… how he is. And he's okay with that, most times.

However, as he plays with her crimson hair, so soft and smooth as it slips through his fingers, he finds himself wondering if there even COULD be someone he is capable of loving… without betraying. Not even his sister was exempt; he'd betrayed her by running away and leaving her alone after Tabby's death. He'd even done it on purpose, just like he would these three. And, likely, he'd do it again to the next victim of his plans.

Whatever the reason, though, he'd just have to accept it. After all, he is just that messed up and there isn't going to be a light at the end of the tunnel for him.

Shoot, double-posted… ><

[spoiler=Realizations - Klotho] It's not just taste that's deadened for her, she's discovered recently. It's also PAIN.

She began suspecting something when she noticed a couple of things. Her sight is really good. So is her hearing and maybe even her smell. Her taste is complete gone, but she wondered if that was enough 'balance'. Sister told her about that. How every virtue had a flaw, every power had a drawback.

So she cut herself last night. A small one, made with paper, just so that she could try to make sure no… adrenaline messed her analysis up. It hurt, but not as much as she expected. Not as much as she'd seen the others go through.

It's scary and makes her wonder. Is her sense of touch the same as others? Or is it 'deadened' too? How did she end up like this? Had she been just born this way or… or had someone FORCED her to be like this? If it's the former, then she can just blame the gods like everyone else and be just fine. But if it's the latter… who? who would do this? Why? Why force her to…?

She wants to ask. Wants to test. Wants to learn. But she's so scared now. How much of her is different? Why couldn't she be just like Brother? Normal. She'd give anything to learn how to be normal. Anything to learn what had happened to her. Who she used to be before she was Klotho of the Dreamers. ANYTHING.

Her feet ache. Her legs tense. This is the deadened pain she feels. Is the only reason why she's walking because of that? Or is there something ELSE there, hidden beneath the skin and muscles and blood, that keeps her walking.

She's scared. She's so scared. But she won't show it through the smile. She's innocent Klotho of the Dreamers, who needs so much help, so much guidance, who will become strong enough to support everyone and everything. She is.

That's all… that's left to her.

Edited by Kat

First char development!

[spoiler=Samson-purpose]

... I always wonder... Why am I here? What is my purpose to the dreamers?what new do I bring to the table? I'm far from the best axeman, that would be Poly...Yuffie far outclasses me as a healer... What makes me special? I'm not immortal, part of heaven's game or whatever, a heiress,or a general. I'm just another foot-solider...And i'm rather stupid sometimes... When did thinking about what makes me special make me kick myself down? I may not be as special as the others, but that means I don't have to carry their burdens... I may have been abused by my old masters, but I've gotten over that....some have large problems that still overwhelm them even today... I know what I must do. While others suffer, I will be their comforter...While I'm here, I'll try make sure... that no-one is sad!"

Edited by BravuraLevi

[spoiler=A shot of Light]

"...Xert."

"Light."

"I was wondering when I met you face to face my lord."

"So I assume you came for a reason?"

"The Dreamers. When do you plan to deal with them?"

"The only one who could kill me is Jxemas. He holds Nirvana correct?"

"Shadowblade's full potential?"

"Yes. Now what are you here for?"

"They're on the move once again."

"....Where do I need to go this time?"

"Origins Peak is where the fell dragon died? Collect it's quintessence. And become a "God."

"Color me surprised. I'll be gone...get out of my face."

"As you wish..."Master." Ha. What drivel. If only the Great Xert could lay a finger on me.."

*Leaves*

" I've lived for many years and watched the rise and fall of different ages. People hate and evil causes conflict, but I'm looking forward to a new age that will purify all of this. How many times has this happened...where people make the same mistakes over and over again?"

[spoiler=Kat and Dusk - Bedridden]Dusk: *walks into room quietly and tries to find a towel* Soooooo glad nobody has seen me like this. Would be quite embarrassing

Kat: Oh, I think you look QUITE interesting at the moment. *smiles at him as she looks up from her book* Hey there, handsome.

Dusk: *blushes slightly* Uh, hey there... Sorry for not coming to bed last night. Kinda fell asleep in the inn... And NO I wasn't drunk

Kat: It's fine. I ended up falling asleep in the infirmary after talking with Yuffie. He carried me here this morning.

Dusk: Ha, how sweet of him... *starts drying hair with a towel* Just a check-up, I hope?

Kat: …Not… exactly...

Dusk: *stops drying hair* ... Is everything alright?

Kat: … *sighs heavily* I'm bedridden.

Dusk: Already?.. Well, this poses a bit or a problem... How are we going to get you around?

Kat: Yuffie suggested his deceased wife's horse. He went to fetch her after dropping me off. I can ride sidesaddle, and she's supposed to be fast. *shrugs* The only real concern would be ambushes and me getting on the thing.

Dusk: How kind of him, although those concerns are problematic... I can help you on and off, but ambushes... I don't know. Guess I'm going to have to ride with you or something. You're vulnerable otherwise

Kat: Don't underestimate me, dear. …Or my protective older twin.

Dusk: Point taken... Just be careful, okay?

Kat: Of course I'm being careful. I have people depending on me.

Dusk: Yes, but there are some jobs you do that other people could do instead *shrugs* Just don't want you working yourself ragged. That's not helpful for you or the baby

Kat: At the moment, I'm regulating myself to rallies, convoy distribution, scoldings, and whatever Yuffie gives me to do so that I don't go stir-crazy and do something ill-advised. *holds up her book and flushes slightly* I'm reading about knitting at the moment.

Dusk: Knitting? How quaint. I remember the times I had to stitch up my old clothes whenever I had little money *shudders and looks at his torn sleeve on his jacket he dropped on the floor* ... Just do whatever you have to do, and I'll try and help in whatever way I can

Kat: Well... you could give me a kiss? I've been cranky because I haven't gotten my good morning kiss yet.

Dusk: Why, we can't have you like that now, can we? *grins and goes into a sarcastic tone* Maybe you should do something about it

Kat: ...I'm not allowed to get up, Dusk...

Dusk: ... *rolls eyes and kisses Kat*

Kat: *giggles* Much better. *smiles at him* Don't fret so much. Everything will be fine. Yuffie's just having me rest so that I have a better chance of getting enough strength to move if the situation really calls for it.

Dusk: *smiles back* Fair enough. I'll try not to

Kat: Good. Now, off with you. If you hover, I'll get mad.

Dusk: Wait, what? *frowns* Why?

Kat: Because it means you're neglecting your duties as a Grand General. Obviously.

Dusk: I... *sighs heavily* Yes, of course... I might make some food for the others. If you want, I could make a bit extra just for you?

Kat: Even if I say 'no', you will anyway. *laughs* Okay. Some tea too, please.

Dusk: *smirks* You know me too well... Yeah, of course. See you in a bit *leaves*

Kat: *sighs and glances around the room before returning to her book* I'm already going nuts just sitting here. I hope Yuffie gives me that list soon.

Dusk: [Now to think about what the hell I'm going to do about these never-ending nightmares...]

^ Oh, gee the feels. XD

[spoiler=Anna Serena and Phoibus (in his epic quest to woo ALL the Annas!)]

Phoibus: My Lady Pain in the Ass, are you about?

Serena: ... You? What do you want with me?

Phoibus: Here. *tosses a necklace at her, then continues in a deadpanned tone* A token of my undying devotion to you.

Serena: [/catches the necklace] A token of your devotion...? Then I don't want it. I'm not Aimee, you can't use my as your plaything.

Phoibus: Disregarding the fact that I am NOT using Aimee as a plaything, more like the other way around, it's called 'sarcasm', Serena. That's something I made to ease a fear of Michel's.

Serena: Sarcasm... I don't know what that is and it doesn't sound important. And Michel is... scared? [/turns around, glaring at him] What did you do.

Phoibus: I have NOTHING to do with your susceptibility to being set of fire, electrocuted, ripped apart by winds, purified by light, or swallowed up by shadows. All I've been doing is doing my best to make sure Michel doesn't snap under all the pressure.

Serena: My resistance is the same as the one who came before me. Hers is low, and so is mine. We share weaknesses and strengths. ... That still doesn't explain what this is, Phoibus.

Phoibus: That, my dearest pain, is a protection amulet. It'll make you completely immune to magic. So, no meteors, bolts, blizzards, purges, or mires bogging you down. They have to attack you while you're within range.

Serena: Completely immune to magic... Michel says I'll be perfect then. [/stares down at the amulet before undoing the clasp and holding it up] No dirty tricks then. It'll have to be a fair battle. Although there's nothing fair about facing me, or so she says.

Phoibus: Yes, yes. With this, you have a higher chance of not dying. Yay.

Serena: You sound like you want me to die. I don't care about me. I was born a tool for Michel's usage. But Aimee is not, and Rosaline was not, and Theresa was not, and the moment you touch my sisters they die. [/glares at him, folding her arms] You son-of-a-bitch. What are you doing to them?

Phoibus: I'm doing nothing but attempting to support your endeavors. Theresa went mad from grief, something I will fully admit to underestimating when I let Rosaline talk to her alone. Those two, at least, I shall take responsibility for. However, last I checked, Aimee was still alive, flushed a very pretty rose color too from the... exertions. I'd like to also point out that she'd be dead if I HADN'T had a bad feeling and gone to check on her. Death by drowning is a very painful way to go, you know. I'd like to also point out that without my assistance, those villains would've already found the Goddess Mother and slaughtered her, possibly breaking Michel. *smirks* You shouldn't place so much belief in assumptions. See one thing, see another... yet they don't necessarily have to be related. I was with both Theresa and Rosaline for quite some time before their deaths. And Margeaux's death had absolutely nothing to do with me. I was merely her servant.

Serena: Flushed pink... You turned her... [/shakes head] And fine. I'll give you that. But I'm not Theresa. I don't believe the first lie I hear. I notice patterns. You were there for Margeaux, helping her talk to Theresa and Rosaline. She's dead. You were there for Theresa while she spiraled into madness - she's dead too. You brought Rosaline to the lair of a girl who was clearly unstable. She's dead. You're helping us, sure, but you're killing us. Softly. Slowly. One by one, until behind your footsteps lies a trail of broken hearts and bodies. It's not an assumption, but a conclusion. And if I hear news of Aimee's death, it will be only because of you. You are the thing tying her to the Dreamers. Nothing else. [/turns away from him, folding her arms] I'm not my sisters. I don't understand matters of the heart. Love. Lust. Wanting. Emotions. I don't know what draws them. But you're deadly. And I don't trust you.

Phoibus: My dear, flattered as I am, if I were really as crafty as you said, then would you not be dead yourself, as a liability? And if you are so certain, why not bring your suspicions up to Michel? *steps close, twisting some of her hair in his hands as he whispers in her ear* Why let me walk about, instead of trying to kill me? Why take the amulet I gave you?

Serena: Because you don't kill them automatically. You wait. You wait until they're at their most vulnerable and weak to your lies, and you let their weakness consume them. You don't actually get involved. You play your games like Michel, you move around your pawns and lead them to their deaths. And I haven't spoken to Michel in some time. She's been busy with Mother's wellfare. I'd rather not disturb her, and you wouldn't dare be dumb enough to touch her. [/glances over at him blankly, before reaching up and grabbing his hand] Because while I don't trust you, you're none of my concern. My goal is laid out for me, and you are not a part of it. I'll let some other fool try to end you.

Phoibus: *smirks, twists her hand around, and kisses it* A word advice then, from this person you think is a chessmaster... beware being so focused. It'll blind you to the traps in the road. *steps back and mockingly bows* Farewell, oh graceful lady. I shall return to Michel before giving Aimee the painting I managed to find. Are there any messages you wish for me to convey?

Serena: [/stares at him blankly before pulling her hand away] Traps. I'll worry about that after my job is done. Besides, I can detour. There are other roads to take. [/takes a step back, before reaching for her bow and notching an arrow in it] Farewell, Phoibus. Tell Michel the harbor prisms are almost done. I'll message someone to release them. Maybe Vivienne. And before you go... [/aims the bows at him, before moving it just an inch and firing it, the arrow barely missing him] ... I had to. At this point, it's a tradition.

Phoibus: So it is. *completely nonchalant despite the arrow going close to his eye* I shall inform her. Two pieces of good news should ease her troubles. Your mother... isn't in the best condition. Don't misstep, or you'll drive her into further grief. Farewell, Lady Pain in the Ass. *leaves*

Serena: Farewell. Hm. But - never mind, he's gone. I should have asked him. ... What did he mean by grief?

[spoiler=His Thoughts of Death]

I know Cedric is there. I know he wants me dead as much as I want him dead. I know I have the chance of dying. I can handle this. I am not scared of this concept known as death. If anything, I can be alive again with Rose. They will probably be pissed at me, but no matter. I'm only scared of how they will react, if I'll even be still gripping to life to see it. Bring it on Cedric. Battle to the death...