The War for Our Future - Character Development Thread

MRDRHAWK

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So many good developments... I need to write one that is up to my usual writing standards now.

First char development!

[spoiler=Samson-purpose]

... I always wonder... Why am I here? What is my purpose to the dreamers?what new do I bring to the table? I'm far from the best axeman, that would be Poly...Yuffie far outclasses me as a healer... What makes me special? I'm not immortal, part of heaven's game or whatever, a heiress,or a general. I'm just another foot-solider...And i'm rather stupid sometimes... When did thinking about what makes me special make me kick myself down? I may not be as special as the others, but that means I don't have to carry their burdens... I may have been abused by my old masters, but I've gotten over that....some have large problems that still overwhelm them even today... I know what I must do. While others suffer, I will be their comforter...While I'm here, I'll try make sure... that no-one is sad!"

What a bro Samson is. *daps*

He deserves the Broship title.

Thank you :)

Don't thank. Just know that Sorin invited you into the Broship first. Somebody said no because you don't have a magic sword.

[spoiler=Confusion - Klotho]She doesn't get it. Why would they all protect Dan?

They all know what he did. He tried to kill Sister. For stupid reasons. Sharing pain? Inflicting pain? That's the logic of a child and, worse, an idiotic one. Continuing a cycle of revenge is stupid. Especially when the raving sounds like a lost lover than anything else, and the boy wasn't even a consideration.

She wants him dead not for revenge, though she is still mad, but because she can't trust him anymore. Forgiveness is all well and good, but it's different from trust. She can, maybe, eventually, forgive him for attacking. She'll NEVER trust him again, though. So, she wants him DEAD, because someone who could so easily attack one of his fellow Dreamers, particularly one that was known to not be able to fight as well, is a THREAT. Threats had to be REMOVED.

So, why do they protect him? Why do they waste valuable resources treating him? This isn't forgiveness. It's trusting the dog that just tried to bite your hand off.

It's ridiculous. It's confusing. And she just doesn't get it.

So many good developments... I need to write one that is up to my usual writing standards now.

Don't thank. Just know that Sorin invited you into the Broship first. Somebody said no because you don't have a magic sword.

I was denied for being white.

Of course. LOVELESS doesn't have a fourth. Plus women don't like axes.

I was denied for being white.

You can be my SF step brother.

Dan's inner thoughts

Dan just lay there on his bed, trying to put together why everything was the way they were. What had he done to deserve the pain that had been inflicted upon ever since that day. He began to recap the events in which his pain grew. The destruction of his village, along with the death of all his family and friends by the hand of the brother of the one he found his first love. The mercy brought upon him by the one he loved, only to be tortured. The proclamation of his love, only to be rejected and seen as the love of a family. Finally...the order to kill the one who finally gave him comfort. The one who finally understood his pain. The one who accepted him for who he was. And now she was dead...by his own hand. And, when he finally had the chance to deal back the pain...he was told that he had family inside of her...even...more...pain. He had the chance to give her pain, only for her to once again turn it against him. And now...he could not touch her...else he would once again kill another part of his family...no...no he wouldn't...his family was dead...And yet no matter how he thought around it, it all came back to the Twins of Death: Agrona and Phoibus. ...How much had they taken from him...how much WOULD they take from him...how much more pain would be inflicted upon his soul? What god or goddess sat there and allowed this? ...And then...it dawned on him...Mila...

Dan's inner thoughts

Dan just lay there on his bed, trying to put together why everything was the way they were. What had he done to deserve the pain that had been inflicted upon ever since that day. He began to recap the events in which his pain grew. The destruction of his village, along with the death of all his family and friends by the hand of the brother of the one he found his first love. The mercy brought upon him by the one he loved, only to be tortured. The proclamation of his love, only to be rejected and seen as the love of a family. Finally...the order to kill the one who finally gave him comfort. The one who finally understood his pain. The one who accepted him for who he was. And now she was dead...by his own hand. And, when he finally had the chance to deal back the pain...he was told that he had family inside of her...even...more...pain. He had the chance to give her pain, only for her to once again turn it against him. And now...he could not touch her...else he would once again kill another part of his family...no...no he wouldn't...his family was dead...And yet no matter how he thought around it, it all came back to the Twins of Death: Agrona and Phoibus. ...How much had they taken from him...how much WOULD they take from him...how much more pain would be inflicted upon his soul? What god or goddess sat there and allowed this? ...And then...it dawned on him...Mila...

Xert will feed on this. I also have more character development to do as well...

So Kat, I have a tiny bone to pick. This line has been bugging me ever since I read Phoibus' latest character development:

"He runs his fingers through the red, but wishes it were white instead."

... I don't totally get it either. [/shrugs]

Vash if I had permission I would kill Anna Goddess already. But I can't. Damn the story line..

Yeah, considering that she's most likely the final boss and we're nowhere near the end... yeah.

Besides, goddess-slaying is a team effort.

[spoiler=Arvis]

Sorin: Arvis... The one who started the cycle of hatred only to be swallowed by it..

J.Sorin: Yes, his actions were governed by fear. The fear of people finding out about his Loptyr blood ruled him and caused him to take away people that I called my family.

Sorin: Don't... Don't we also have Loptyr blood?

J.Sorin: A-

Purigon: And Naga blood mixed with Freege and whatever else your families' escapades have accumulated over the years.. You are welcome for that by the way.

J.Sorin:...I should truthfully hate you Purigon but I can't. You have stuck by me and given me the conviction needed to get through dark times. My mother's side of my family banished me once they learned that I had both. I was alone until I stumbled upon Sigurd's army in Verdane. Helping them gave me a place to belong. I met my best friend Duck and even met the love of my life, Tiltyu. Sigurd and some of the others were like my older siblings. I wasn't alone anymore. I had a family that didn't care about my blood. Even as we were labeled traitors and fled to Silesse, I didn't care. The whole situation just gave me the courage to tell Tiltyu how I felt about her. I was still happy and my resolve to protect my family was stronger than before. But Granvale didn't care. Reptor didn't care about his daughter. Arvis didn't care about our happiness. Right before the massacre happened, Tiltyu said she was pregnant. Keeping her safe become my priority. When I think about it, I could have saved Sigurd and the others if I had been faster. If I had thought ahead, I could have killed Arvis and Manfroy. Instead all I did was keep my wife and unborn son alive. The one time I don't think strategically about a situation, everybody suffers. I didn't even think about Duck, the one I claimed to be my best friend... I still remember the fear and regret in Sigurd's eyes before the Valflame swallowed him. Forced to see Deidre before dying? Arvis wasn't taking over. He was being a hateful murderer. I was only able to be a father to Arthur for three years and Tinny... Maybe a month before I failed them both due to Shadowfrost... If Purigon hadn't stopped that wound from killing me... Duck wouldn't have been able to save me. Arvis was ruled by fear and instead of taking responsibility for the families he started down the path to ruin, let Seliph kill him. Maybe if he tried I would have forgiven him. After all, he was just a pawn. But a pawn can be dangerous in the hands of a genius of our caliber. And he allowed himself to be used at the expense of my families' lives. That can't be forgiven.

Purigon:....All I can say is it was my pleasure Sir Sorin.

Sorin:...That won't work for me. You will have your fight with him. I promise you that.

J.Sorin:...Sorin. Thank you.

Purigon: Then you need to start training with my original form like the ambitious one right here is.

Sorin: Original form? ...So you were a dual edged sword in the beginning? (That reminds me. I need to start practicing with the blades when I split them)

Purigon: Yes, but that is a story for another time. *Takes J.Sorin's Purgatorial Abysm and morphs it into Purgatorial Storm* Get working. You literally have all the time in the world.

J.Sorin: Thank you. *Looks up* Watch over me everyone. This will be for you. I won't fail you all. Not this time...

If anybody thinks it should be longer, tell me.

Edited by Sorin

So Kat, I have a tiny bone to pick. This line has been bugging me ever since I read Phoibus' latest character development:

Yeah, considering that she's most likely the final boss and we're nowhere near the end... yeah.

If only I had my Death Magic. Kill the Goddess in one shot. The Black Wizard is twisted in the inside.

[spoiler=Arvis]

Sorin: Arvis... The one who started the cycle of hatred only to be swallowed by it..

J.Sorin: Yes, his actions were governed by fear. The fear of people finding out about his Loptyr blood ruled him and caused him to take away people that I called my family.

Sorin: Don't... Don't we also have Loptyr blood?

J.Sorin: A-

Purigon: And Naga blood mixed with Freege and whatever else your families escapades have accumulated over the years.. You are welcome for that by the way.

J.Sorin:...I should truthfully hate you Purigon but I can't. You have stuck by me and given me the conviction needed to get through dark times. My mother's side of my family banished me once they learned that I had both. I was alone until I stumbled upon Sigurd's army in Verdane. Helping them gave me a place to belong. I met my best friend Duck and even met the love of my life, Tiltyu. Sigurd and some of the others were like my older siblings. I wasn't alone anymore. I had a family that didn't care about my blood. Even as we were labeled traitors and fled to Silesse, I didn't care. The whole situation just gave me the courage to tell Tiltyu how I felt about her. I was still happy and my resolve to protect my family was stronger than before. But Granvale didn't care. Reptor didn't care about his daughter. Arvis didn't care about our happiness. Right before the massacre happened, Tiltyu said she was pregnant. Keeping her safe become my priority. When I think about it, I could have saved Sigurd and the others if I had been faster. If I had thought ahead, I could have killed Arvis and Manfroy. Instead all I did was keep my wife and unborn son alive. The one time I don't think strategically about a situation, everybody suffers. I didn't even think about Duck, the one I claimed to be my best friend... I still remember the fear and regret in Sigurd's eyes before the Valflame swallowed him. Forced to see Deidre before dying? Arvis wasn't taking over. He was being a hateful murderer. I was only able to be a father to Arthur for three years and Tinny... Maybe a month before I failed them both. If Purigon hadn't stopped that wound from killing me... Duck wouldn't have been able to save me. Arvis was ruled by fear and instead of taking responsibility for the families he started down the path to ruin, let Seliph kill him. Maybe if he tried I would have forgiven him. After all, he was just a pawn. But a pawn can be dangerous in the hands of a genius of our caliber. And he allowed himself to be used at the expense of my families' lives. That can't be forgiven.

Purigon:....All I can say is it was my pleasure Sir Sorin.

Sorin:...That won't work for me. You will have your fight with him. I promise you that.

J.Sorin:...Sorin. Thank you.

Purigon: Then you need to start training with my original form like the ambitious one right here is.

Sorin: Original form? ...So you were a dual edged sword in the beginning? (That reminds me. I need to start practicing with the blades when I split them)

Purigon: Yes, but that is a story for another time. *Takes J.Sorin's Purgatorial Abysm and morphs it into Purgatorial Storm* Get working. You literally have all the time in the world.

J.Sorin: Thank you. *Looks up* Watch over me everyone. This will be for you. I won't fail you all. Not this time...

If anybody thinks it should be longer, tell me.

WHERE THE HELL AM I IN THAT. I'M THE ONE WHO KILLED J!SORIN.

It was good.

If only I had my Death Magic. Kill the Goddess in one shot. The Black Wizard is twisted in the inside.

WHERE THE HELL AM I IN THAT. I'M THE ONE WHO KILLED J!SORIN.

It was good.

B-But then I would be making this replica of parts of Anna's Margeaux's notebook for nothing...!

I mean, I - I'm not doing that... >.>

B-But then I would be making this replica of parts of Anna's Margeaux's notebook for nothing...!

I mean, I - I'm not doing that... >.>

*Turns into Zeref*"It is people like you who carved me into existence. It is wicked thoughts like yours that summoned Acnologia, heralding the end of this age. No one can stop it now. The world will be finished here." *Kills Anna Goddess*

Done.

I... honestly don't remember writing that line. *goes to check*

*Turns into Zeref*"It is people like you who carved me into existence. It is wicked thoughts like yours that summoned Acnologia, heralding the end of this age. No one can stop it now. The world will be finished here." *Kills Anna Goddess*

Done.

[/stabs Zeref]

I... honestly don't remember writing that line. *goes to check*

You didn't. That just... showed up in my head after I read it.

Well shit....Looks like Natsu won't kill me in the end..

Ha! :)

Oh, I see. Shipping on the brain? XP

That's my secret! Shipping's always on my brain~

Now to explain away Silvia's absence, which will boil down to a) reclusive studying or b) knocked out due to over-extertion sleeping.

That's my secret! Shipping's always on my brain~

Now to explain away Silvia's absence, which will boil down to a) reclusive studying or b) knocked out due to over-extertion sleeping.

The latter means less scoldings. ^^ Also, after he and Klotho meet again, we can do another anna-phoibus skit where he DOES think that line. XP

Edited by Kat

Michel or Aimee. Which would work best?

Hmm... I was thinking Aimee, since she seems to legitimately love him.

And OH, my brain is evil. I dreamed about a scenario that is just... feels shall be wrecked, Kat, feels shall be WRECKED.