Please Tell Me This Is A Joke

Karasz

There's a gif going around of her wincing and looking extremely pained throughout watching the music video of Friday. Haven't seen the new one, don't intend to, but I'd open the possibility of it being a parody.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5nfV3S7sqI Reaction video of Rebecca Black, reacting to Friday two-ish years later.

> Admits it's terribad

> Doesn't regret it doe

>> Even after getting cyberbullied to hell and back

> Has the metaphorical balls to release another music video anyway

> It's a parody btw

> Shows improvement

-shrug-

The song itself is not my cup of tea, nor is the whole pop genre tbh, but objectively speaking it's no where near the disaster that Friday was.

well, it's ok, and i like the fact she knows friday was bad and that she willingly takes the piss out of it. i think rebecca's a nice girl and i just hope she won't turn into just another miley or justin fucking bieber.

I was expecting to see something awful in the topic.

But me? I actually kinda like Saturday. Maybe it's due to not having the severe autotune of Friday. Maybe because better lyrics. Maybe because it hits at Friday.

I'm more than OK with this.

Hmmmmm... After listening to it, at least it sounds like an improvement? Like singing voice and lyrics sound better... So I don't really find this that bad~ But since pop isn't quite my style this doesn't mean I like it and will keep listening to it~ Just I feel as if you're letting your bias get in the way of your reaction =b

I've been meaning to get around to watching this thing, and I'm actually kinda glad I did. It's actually a fairly solid song and stuff, regardless of pop not being my preferred music type

then there's the fact that friday was basically the theme song of our UN youth conference group 2 years ago. far out it grows on you when it's played for like half the time over a week (you go hysterical and just join in anyway)

What constitutes 'art'?

im going there bish aint nuttin you can do to stop me

See, the problem with this specific slippery slope is it inevitably leads to the most postmodern drivel being accepted as art. And while I don't necessarily care for the "integrity" of the term in itself, I must admit it's a bit weird to simultaneously categorize the works of, say, Leonardo DaVinci along with a guy running a brush of yellow paint in a straight line across canvas and screaming like he's being stabbed.

I suppose the quintessential meaning of art comes down to being a medium of expression, but that tends to be too general, as really any act anyone ever does is one of expression. Like this post! :o

See, the problem with this specific slippery slope is it inevitably leads to the most postmodern drivel being accepted as art. And while I don't necessarily care for the "integrity" of the term in itself, I must admit it's a bit weird to simultaneously categorize the works of, say, Leonardo DaVinci along with a guy running a brush of yellow paint in a straight line across canvas and screaming like he's being stabbed.

I suppose the quintessential meaning of art comes down to being a medium of expression, but that tends to be too general, as really any act anyone ever does is one of expression. Like this post! :o

long arguments and petty name-calling cut short: my take is literally anything can be considered art as long as even a single person thinks so. and since i think literally anything can be considered art, everything is. i like arguing about it cause 'art' is such a weird concept and "what constitutes art?" is a question that has been tried at for literally millennia. but im the kanye to end them all

i dunno what gives you the credentials to question abstract art versus less abstract art, though. what "slippery slope"?