Inception Mafia

Paperblade

why am I suddenly a scumread

Dunno where votals are can't give full reads right now.

@Kirsche & Quote - I don't see why we can't wait for the reads; Boron implied that reasons would be given.

@Kirsche - fwiw, I was planning on voting Quote anyways from basically the beginning of the Phase; I was just waiting for Strege to answer a question.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are high up partly because of how likely you and Strege are to be lynched and because I'd vote you over him. Also I feel your play this phase is pretty bad. You're mostly talking about how you're town and like this is something we should all see.

If I wasn't factoring in that you and Strege are most likely to be lynched at the moment you would actually be below or tied with Euklyd.

@Boron: Iunno why I'm on that lynch priority, you haven't mentioned me at all really before that so I can only assume that you find me scummy for finding scum intent in your posts which is really bad.

Bah I'm really happy now with my Strege/Boron reads can't we just lynch there? I really don't see scum!Quote and the wagon built really fast and right after a votals which showed Strege as leading wagon, it looks and feels like a scum backed counterwagon to me.

This. Like there's no way I see Quote being scum. Whatever, going to reply to the past comments now, just got back from Happy Valley.

I'm not talking like that at all and I don't like that you're interpreting it as that. I'm mostly just exasperated with the recent play here in general and my frustration leaked ingame.

hold on

You are high up partly because of how likely you and Strege are to be lynched and because I'd vote you over him. Also I feel your play this phase is pretty bad. You're mostly talking about how you're town and like this is something we should all see.

If I wasn't factoring in that you and Strege are most likely to be lynched at the moment you would actually be below or tied with Euklyd.

What even is this? "You're high up because you're a wagon", really? Am I misunderstanding this?

Also legit reasons for other reads would be nice.

the people who apparently want me lynched keep questioning other peoples' scumreads on me like what is this shit lmao

I'm going to explain best I can because I don't know if I can get to a laptop before phase end so ask me to explain if I don't make sense.

"You're high up because you're a wagon" doesn't mean I have or had no suspicion on him. I would rather lynch Grass or Rein right now, but neither look likely right now. Quote was where he was in the lynch priority because Strege being the other likely wagon makes me prefer to lynch him more. If Strege were not a leading wagon I would not feel the need to lynch someone I suspect less strongly thsn others over a guy I am strongly reading as town.

Nothing Euklyd has done strikes me as memorable aside from Usurperspec and I feel that he has been coasting on this for much of the game. Kirsche has had pretty much the same lynch priority for some time and the same group of suspects. Feels like he is only looking at these people and not bothering with anyone else not on his list. Looks lazy.

Also I am still on phone and it is a pain to type seriously. Back off.

It's the Refa post drinking game! Take a swig every time he mentions scum!

If Strege flips scum I'd look here, especially as the Scorri slot was pretty bad overall.

Strege > Rein >= Boron*

Yeah, I'd sheep this. Uh, the Boron read I mean. Rein could be inactive scum I guess, but I'd rather push people who are bothering me more first. Also I don't like how much she's convinced that obvious scum isn't scum. You also brought up some good points in your next post, but I'm too lazy to quote it so this is all the mention it's going to get!

other than that i'm not entirely convinced by the killspec since you mainly think scum would leave town tunneling town alone, there might be other reasons for a kill, and killspec'ing on manix and prims won't get us anywhere since i really wouldn't call prims obvtown after almost getting wagoned D1
(also you admit to tunneling yourself, while telling me being self-aware of tunneling is still bad? is your read on me mainly gut or what?)

Scum killed Manix so he wouldn't be able to prove Poly, never made any kill spec about Prims so not sure why you even bring it up really. Even if he wasn't obvious town, he could've gotten killed because he crumbed a power role or who even cares that had nothing to do with my point. It's not my fault scum has been so dumb with their kills, it makes killspec easy and I'm not going to ignore it.

Regarding Refa, he could still be scum with BPV, especially given two claimed vigs. My general feeling on him is that I've had some tone issues with what he's said. Doing a full reread now.

If I was scum with BPV, literally the only way for there to be 0 kills would be for Via to be my scumbuddy, but considering the number of Hooker claims we've had I can safely tell you that the Hooker is most likely NOT TOWN, ergo Via is probably NOT SCUM, and you can logically deduce things from there.

Why would you target Manix N2 when you knew how your role worked by then and Manix wanted you and him to target the same person?

OK, who killed Manix Polydeuces? If you targetted him N2, you should've seen who killed him...

Other general comments that don't merit a quote box:

-Euklyd, why are you voting obvious town? :\

-If Via was the killer and was roleblocked, why would she claim roleblocked before I even said anything about the BPV? Also already said everything about the Hooker AKA this is a DUMB reason. A town Hooker would've claimed by now.

-(@Strege) Voting you makes perfectly logical sense from Via's PoV, reads as an OMGUS.

-Actually a lot of these Rein votes/suspicions are pretty bad/lazy overall since he hasn't really had a significant quality drop from D2 and onwards. Just seems like an easy vote in lieu of actually scumhunting. Before someone goes DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO WITH MY VOTE let me rephrase that it seems like a BAD CASE you should feel bad for making bad cases.

-Yeah Grassbridger, I got a message that basically said "Oh no, bro, your BPV was hit! Better not get shot again."

-Actually Via brings up a good point...Er, well made me think of one anyways. Basically Occam's Razor, all of the points involving them being scum are like a billion times more complicated than the obvious which is that Strege is scum.

@Boron: Iunno why I'm on that lynch priority, you haven't mentioned me at all really before that so I can only assume that you find me scummy for finding scum intent in your posts which is really bad.

Bah I'm really happy now with my Strege/Boron reads can't we just lynch there? I really don't see scum!Quote and the wagon built really fast and right after a votals which showed Strege as leading wagon, it looks and feels like a scum backed counterwagon to me.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Strege is scum at this point. Probably wouldn't object to lynching Boron, but I never got around to doing those rereads because I'm lazy as fuck.

Via, who did you empower on the first 2 nights?

I'm going to explain best I can because I don't know if I can get to a laptop before phase end so ask me to explain if I don't make sense.

"You're high up because you're a wagon" doesn't mean I have or had no suspicion on him. I would rather lynch Grass or Rein right now, but neither look likely right now. Quote was where he was in the lynch priority because Strege being the other likely wagon makes me prefer to lynch him more. If Strege were not a leading wagon I would not feel the need to lynch someone I suspect less strongly thsn others over a guy I am strongly reading as town.

Nothing Euklyd has done strikes me as memorable aside from Usurperspec and I feel that he has been coasting on this for much of the game. Kirsche has had pretty much the same lynch priority for some time and the same group of suspects. Feels like he is only looking at these people and not bothering with anyone else not on his list. Looks lazy.

Also I am still on phone and it is a pain to type seriously. Back off.

Well, noone wants to lynch Grassbridger because he's probably town and Rein because he's an inactive and lynching him in lieu of stronger scumspects would be lazy scumhunting. ;\

Euklyd is probably not scum. Took a quick look through kirsche's ISO, don't really agree with your point. It sounds like you're complaining that he's had a consistent lynch priority, and he has read other people over the course of the game you know.

Updated lynch priority.

Town

Refa

Euklyd

Levity

kirsche

Grassbridger

Null

Polydeuces

Reinfleche

SB

Scum

j00

Boron

Strege

I feel like this should be kind of obvious considering my last post, but yeah.

My role doesn't work like that Grass/Roofa; I don't get to know who visits my target on a specific night. However, if someone had my Role PM, then they would most likely be the one who killed Manix.

It's basically a Friendly Town variant, as opposed to the Watcher/Tracker/whatever I thought it was beforehand.

VOTALS

Strege (4): Refa, Levity, kirsche, Poly
Rein (1): j00

Quote (3): Euklyd, Strege, SB

Grass (1): Boron

Voteless Town (2): Rein, Grass

It takes 6 to lynch. Phase ends in 13 hours and 38 minutes.

Gonna be out for some hours (~7 or so) because Tournament event thing

what a nerd, right?

I'll almost certainly be around for deadline, though.

Via, who did you empower on the first 2 nights?

I targeted Poly N1 because he claimed weird watcher variant and I was afraid scum would try to fuck with that (provided he is town I guess). Then N2 I targeted Furet because he was my only solid townread left. Like I was townreading Manix but not quite as strongly as I was townreading Furet.

With friends not going to be here much.

kirsche I think you just want to interpret my actions as scrum and don't want to consider otherwise. Didn't forget didn't know why reads words made strege auto scrum. fuck autocorrect

Would vote quote over strege

Grass > quote/Rein > Euklyd >> kirsche > everyone else

Dunno where votals are can't give full reads right now.

[ b] ## Vote grass [/b]

Can you explain this vote? I know you asked me repeatedly for opinions and stuff but you never actually presented a case.

My role doesn't work like that Grass/Roofa; I don't get to know who visits my target on a specific night. However, if someone had my Role PM, then they would most likely be the one who killed Manix.

It's basically a Friendly Town variant, as opposed to the Watcher/Tracker/whatever I thought it was beforehand.

Ok but my original question still stands. Why did you target Manix instead of working with him as he requested to try to clear you?

Refa/Quote vs. Strege is basically a 2-on-1 at this point.

I guess I'd vote Strege right now but don't want to put him at L-1. Will be around for phase end if I don't forget.

I've been procrastinating on my defense lately because I didn't think I could argue against the setup-spec leveled against me, but it turns out it's not hard.

If I'm not mistaken the case on me is:

a) Strege's Parrhesia shot was awful.

b) Refa was shot after getting ready to tunnel me.

c) Three kills and two BPVs on townies is unlikely.

My responses:
a) Yes. However, it's as bad a shot for scum as it would be for town. I don't know how people are making the jump from bad to scummy.
b) After reading back, Refa wasn't foreshadowing a tunnel at all. If I wanted someone dead for this reason I'd have shot kirsche, who was being much more adamant about my lynch and less receptive to my responses.
c) I'll agree that it seems unlikely, but I also think this is supposed to be a subversive setup and setupspec is bad in general to begin with. This is not even a 1v1v1 or a 2v1 or whatever. People are applying associative reads without a flip.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but it doesn't seem like anyone who's scumreading me is doing so because of anything unrelated to my role.

I felt like that was why he was an NK target. He wanted to clear me, and thus I figured scum would want to kill him to avoid it and therefore avoid a cleared townie from running around, even if it's one with a poor role for non-clearing purposes. So, I wanted to try and trap scum with this logic.

Actually, I should have asked for a full actions claim from everyone D3 to pull off my plan a bit better, but I'm still bad at mafia so that didn't happen.

FTR, that reasoning is also why I targeted Furet N1 and Euk N3. If anyone still wants to clear me to make sure, I'll be targeting Via N4 in the event that someone else gets lynched.

I still want to lynch Strege either way, I don't feel like he's done enough this phase to sway me off of that notion (plus the aforementioned desire to target Via for my potential clearing so we can stop with this crap).

nah strege I'm scumreading you for some stuff you said today also and also the way you've treated your vote on me. but I don't feel up for digging my own posts out atm.

Poly, why would the scum who killed Manix say they got your PM?

Well, clearly they would've said it to gain town cred for clearing me like Manix wanted to do before getting shot, not knowing that I caught them taking the NK. At least, that's what I prolly would have done as scum looking to keep suspicion off me.

Well, clearly they would've said it to gain town cred for clearing me like Manix wanted to do before getting shot, not knowing that I caught them taking the NK. At least, that's what I prolly would have done as scum looking to keep suspicion off me.

They clear a townie and walk into an effective watcher report, and the only reasons not to are an actual watcher or tracker that are dangerous anyway...

I didn't say I was good at mafia lol

and tbf they could have just fakeclaim'd something else to counteract that result if they were scared that they got caught so it only puts suspicion on them that may not have been there beforehand as opposed to outright damning them, but w/e