Why do people overrate Hector as a unit?

Junkhead

His only A support being Ninian, who, personally, I never use. I care about having decent supports, as they can really help units in a tight spot.

1) the difference between an A and a B support is trivial

2) supports don't matter anyway

The being fragile part was considering his low speed, making him consistently doubled. I must've just got really unlucky in my playthroughs with him then, as he's been consistently doubled by late game enemies, an taking large amounts of damage in the process on numerous occasions (around 4-5, which is usually enough to gauge a units worth)

answer eclipse's question, please. the only enemy types that double hawkeye are probably valks and SMs. these guys double hector, too. and there's, like, 7 of them total in the entirety of HHM.

Why are you so determined to disprove every thing I say? I'm saying why I prefer Hector to Hawkeye, what's so wrong with that? Calm down...

am i not allowed to disprove something because it is factually wrong?

Edited by dondon151

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are you so determined to disprove every thing I say? I'm saying why I prefer Hector to Hawkeye, what's so wrong with that? Calm down...

Don't take it too personally. Fire Emblem is serious business for some of us.

As I said, this was on my playthroughs, although it seems I have had the worst hawekeye experiences in the world... ever...

Facts are facts, though, and base level Hawkeye does not get doubled by many enemies in even the hardest difficulty in the game. So you either recall incorrectly or you consistently let him fight the few enemies that exist that can actually double him. As dondon mentioned, Valkyries and Swordmasters, though I think some other promoted enemy types like Heroes and Snipers can also reach 15 AS.

1) the difference between an A and a B support is trivial

2) supports don't matter anyway

answer eclipse's question, please. the only enemy types that double hawkeye are probably valks and SMs. these guys double hector, too. and there's, like, 7 of them total in the entirety of HHM.

am i not allowed to disprove something because it is factually wrong?

Already answered it. Pretty much any promoted units, bar generals and some warriors. Heroes were generally the main problem, having WTA an decent damage output. (Yes, I am aware of swordreavers, but I liked to give them to people who got decent level ups (Somewhat understandably, I think)

As I've said, this is on my playthroughs. Although, I do believe that Hawkeye is only a bit better than Hector in HHM, and since Hector is required in every chapter, His role can be filled aptly by Hector, providing the RNG wasn't horrible to you.

Facts are facts, though, and base level Hawkeye does not get doubled by many enemies in even the hardest difficulty in the game. So you either recall incorrectly or you consistently let him fight the few enemies that exist that can actually double him. As dondon mentioned, Valkyries and Swordmasters, though I think some other promoted enemy types like Heroes and Snipers can also reach 15 AS.

I'm not taking it personally.

And with WTA, some other units can as well (Pallys and Nomad Trps, IIRC). My memory has probably exaggerated it somewhat, but he was definitely dying a lot more than other units, having very few or no places where survival was likely in some turns.

Edited by eggs4king

As dondon mentioned, Valkyries and Swordmasters, though I think some other promoted enemy types like Heroes and Snipers can also reach 15 AS.

heroes yes, but snipers don't even come close. a chapter 27 sniper has only 10 AS.

Already answered it. Pretty much any promoted units, bar generals and some warriors.

snipers don't [double hawkeye]

druids don't

bishops don't

sages don't

wyvern lords don't

falcoknights don't

paladins don't

i'm not inclined to take you seriously when you clearly just don't know the facts...

heroes yes, but snipers don't even come close. a chapter 27 sniper has only 10 AS.

snipers don't [double hawkeye]

druids don't

bishops don't

sages don't

wyvern lords don't

falcoknights don't

paladins don't

i'm not inclined to take you seriously when you clearly just don't know the facts...

Well, my memory is clearly hazy, so I guess Hawkeye isn't as bad as I thought. But I still don't think he's worthy of an endgame place, unless you have taken quite a few loses or been majorly RNG screwed. (Or he got exceptionally good levels)

I asked this question because I don't remember too many things outside of bosses being able to double Hawkeye. If he's holding the Devil Axe FSR, the threshold drops a bit. No other weapon that he can wield drops his AS.

Well, my memory is clearly hazy, so I guess Hawkeye isn't as bad as I thought. But I still don't think he's worthy of an endgame place, unless you have taken quite a few loses or been majorly RNG screwed. (Or he got exceptionally good levels)

endgame is like, 1/14th of hawkeye's existence. we don't care about endgame. you only need athos and 1 or 2 other combat units to clear final quickly, and if you don't care about speed, athos can solo final pretty easily.

endgame is like, 1/14th of hawkeye's existence. we don't care about endgame. you only need athos and 1 or 2 other combat units to clear final quickly, and if you don't care about speed, athos can solo final pretty easily.

True. Especially if you saved a luna for him...

Another cool thing to note about Hawkeye, is that he's able to wield Steel & Brave Axe without AS loss. That's certainly a good thing he has over Hector.

By the way, eggs. Let me fill you with something to keep in mind, here on the forums...

Don't think of us, as a whole, as some elitist assholes who want to shove our opinions down your throat. Yes, I know dondon may have come off rash...but he tends to do that, when people are trying to argue using their opinion trying to disprove something that may actually be factually correct. I know it may sound silly. "Factually" correct? In FE? Doesn't the outcome of stats depend on luck, mostly?" Well, yeah- To an extent. Thing is, when discussing things about units and stuff, we have a sort of standards that allows us to argue in a much more objective manner...this is to avoid a million different opinions over something that can be argued using actual, in-game numbers and averages (the stat averages are used to come up with the most-likely theorical outcome).

If you play this game in a certain manner different than others, that's alright. We won't hate you for it, at all. However, if you're trying to argue about certain character being good or bad, it's best to be the closest thing to object as you can/possible. So it isn't misleading to another person.

If you turtle, Hawkeye X Ninian can reach B Rank as close as chapter 23X using the method called : Gives 7 Level to Ninian.

Only time I used him was ENM, on my first playthrough, but I recall him being pretty good (mostly because of DAT HP).

Hawkeye is honnestly good. He's constanly reliable.

Even if its role is different, in a way he's pretty close to Jaffar.

Another small advantage he has (whether it's still significant those days or not), is that he doesn't have to use an Ocean Seal which is pretty important for your Funds Rank.

False, Isadora can wield Slim Swords and Slim Lances without any AS loss. Truly an amazing character, the epitome that FE7 has to offer. Iron Weapons and anything stronger than those are all so overrated honestly. Slim weapons FTW.

[2:37:00 PM] √Wyatt: how does that have anything to do with hector
[2:38:01 PM] Hiro Protagonist: hector can't use slim weapons
[2:38:05 PM] Hiro Protagonist: why would anyone talk about him
[2:38:07 PM] √Wyatt: he gains swords on promotion
[2:38:10 PM] √Wyatt: SLIM SWORD FTW
[2:38:13 PM] Hiro Protagonist: OMG
[2:38:16 PM] Hiro Protagonist: i can't believe it
[2:38:23 PM] Hiro Protagonist: i've been underrating hector this whole time