Etrian Odyssey 2 Mafia - Game Over

Grace

We do need to consider the possibility of a doctor existing. Since this is based off EO2 someone will likely have a Medic-based role.

That said, I kinda agree that the chances of the doctor getting the right target last night is lower than the killer getting blocked...

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That said, I kinda agree that the chances of the doctor getting the right target last night is lower than the killer getting blocked...

Wait, why would it be difficult for the doctor to get the right person? Wouldn't that require the doctor to be the target of a redirect?

Now, lets look at the situation where GP is lying. To do that, he would have had to target himself, which is a complete waste of an action, and thus not very likely.

Mine is not one of the roles where I can self-target.

Well, for a doctor to get the right person we'd need:

1. A doctor. We don't know for sure yet if one even exists or not.

2. Said doctor choosing the target the scum went to kill. Something nobody but the scum knows for sure.

3. Said doctor actually using his ability, assuming that it's limited like what others have said so far.

4. Said doctor not getting blocked in some way.

Whereas we have 2 people who confirmed that they were roleblocked.

I'd consider the chance for either of these 2 being the killer OR the scum targeting fluer as well last night to be higher than our doc (if one exists) scoring the bullseye on night 1.

I see...

My initial assumption was that doctor would target either Fleur or myself N1, and would have a high chance of succeeding (as in, not being redirected nor blocked) because of how improbable it would be that the scum redirector(s) to correctly guess whom the doctor was.

Not that this really tells us anything about the doctor or its possibility of existing, unfortunately.

Wow, it's like you never even read my post. I never once in it suggested that we should lynch in between you and SB in it. I simply laid out the possible situations for what we have.

I was not referring to you, I was referring to Shinori, Poly, and Refa. Sorry.

I see...

My initial assumption was that doctor would target either Fleur or myself N1, and would have a high chance of succeeding (as in, not being redirected nor blocked) because of how improbable it would be that the scum redirector(s) to correctly guess whom the doctor was.

Not that this really tells us anything about the doctor or its possibility of existing, unfortunately.

Doesn't look like he's claiming med to me there.

A technicality that might help straighten this out, somehow.

My roleblock ability is not supposed to be used on the person whose ability I want to stop. It's a protective role; I block the non-lethal role abilities of those that target my target.

Kop: GP claimed Medic.

So yes, I might be this game's equivalent of "doctor." But it would be a rather weak doctor role, since I can't stop deaths and Refa's roleblock can.

Alright, last post from me for a bit.

As of right now, I think we should hold off on lynching unless someone comes up with something more telling. There are too many sub-outs, and people who haven't posted in a while. It's possible that all of us who've been active since D2 start are just town and have been trying too hard to find fault among one another.

And SB, perhaps you'd unvote me, now that it's clear that I'm a safeguard rather than a hooker? Unless there really exists such a thing as a scum safeguard?

This isn't LYLO/MYLO, there's absolutely no good reason for people to not put their votes out on whoeever they think is scum. Noone is suggesting a turbolynch. If there is a hammer, it'll be pretty obvious who scum is, won't it?

yawn

"Votes Radiant Dragon early on for not giving a reason for voting Shin. Not why I voted RD. I voted him because he said that he was voting Shin for his attempts to start a wagon. I clarified this to Kirsche as well. Considering I did this in FiM and BBM didn't find that suspicious enough to vote for, this strikes me as very much not town!BBM. His first content post is bad. He nitpicks at things (e.g. Fleur saying that eclipse not contributing is worse than RD, eclipse harping over whether Fleur knows what OMGUS means) but doesn't actually offer any reads. I asked Fleur a question to help my reads develop, and the fact that I didn't like Eclipse was implicit. I said that her case didn't impress me and that I didn't like some of her comments. Do you want me to explicitly say "I think this person is scummy" every time I say I dislike their posts? BBM talks much more about alignment as town as well. Next post of his is more of the same. And the next. Not going to have a new scumread for you in every post, sorry. And one of those posts is also attacking RD. And you know why I was pissed that day too. >_> Despite appearing to be active, the first time he lays an opinion on anything is when he makes his case on me. And he still doesn't really state anything about my alignment, most of his complaints seem to be about bad play rather than anything else. Read between the lines. The "complaint" was that you had little content and what did exist was weak. And that your Boron suspicion was not only a misrepresentation of her posts, but that it was trying to twist her attack back towards her. His Wen defense doesn't make sense to me for reasons I've stated in my Wen case. So you disagree with me. As with the Shin thing, this doesn't make someone scum. You're comparing to Kaoz, and I'm comparing to Proto. Don't really mind the actual SB case, but the fact that he himself has no thoughts on SB while saying he doesn't want to lynch him is off. SB was a nullread being wagoned for bad reasons. He'd been inactive since the first 24 hours of the phase, which is why he was a nullread. Again, more of this impersonal complaining at other peoples' reads rather than sharing any of his own. Also I feel like town!BBM would have some town reads at this point... ok"

Also, that reminded me of something- you still never answered as to why Shin's RD case was bad. You just kept saying "yes I did" even though I said, twice, that your appraisal of Shin's RD case was that he had a different reason to you for finding RD scummy, not that that case was bad.

And you're also creating a false dichotomy between me and SB when there is no guarantee at all that one of us is scum. My best guess is still that Fleur was also the mafia's kill target. She was an active player who'd crumbed an investigation role; that's more than enough to draw a kill.

And you're also creating a false dichotomy between me and SB when there is no guarantee at all that one of us is scum.

I don't understand this either. Why does our current roleblocking scenario necessitate that either SB or BBM has to be scum?

huh it just randomly posted in the middle

False dichotomies are one of the things that caused town to lynch correctly a total of 0 times in Inception, if you remember. This doesn't make you scum by itself unfortunately, unless you, Poly, and Shinori are all scum, which is probably not the case.

@Green Poet- the idea is that it's the most likely explanation for why there's no kill other than the one claimed by the Vig. Which is stupid.

meh

I was just kind of angry for a while at dumb cases and dumb play but taking a step back, Refa has stepped up his play a lot from D1 tunneling badly on Shin. I still want an answer to my question, but my case as a whole doesn't really apply anymore.

So I don't really have any reads right now other than that Wen is probably town Vig and GP is probably town if Poly is telling the truth about driving GP and SB. In that case, it would indicate that the hook was originally aimed at GP. And I don't think a town Hooker would target the claimed info role, even if they thought that person was scummy.

I don't have an actual read on SB, but I think that if he flips scum, that's still not a proper explanation for why there's one less kill than people might expect. If he was scum and he took the kill and was hooked, I don't expect his first post today to have included being hooked. It's not mandatory for town to out they've been hooked, so he didn't have any obligations to connect himself in that way to the events.

Question to Poly- why did you/Marth want to drive GP with me/SB? Did you want to drive things away from GP or did you want to drive things towards GP from me or SB?