Game of Mafia Champions

Thingyman

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just now found this thread

imo /in as a giant 5-man hydra of the strongest players on the site: Prims, BBM, Paperblade, eclipse, and Psych.

I don't have a real opinion on who the strongest players are so don't read into the first part of that list seriously.

yes

i'm not here to win i'm here to make friends

prims for best model

*gasps and shudders*

well at least Psych will get that playerslot modkilled. :3

excuse u i will also fake claim sk

Not before killing at least two people of his alliance by accident/impulse

prims i luv u

At least he didn't get lynched!

EDIT: What the actual fuck happened to my post :|

Edited by Sangyul

At least he didn't get lynched!

WebRep
currentVote
noRating
noWeight

I'm confused by all of the whitespace in your post. Was there supposed to be content there?

Vote Refa for president 2014. He can speak about himself in the third person (I mean I know Proto does it better but YEAH), whoooooaaaahhhhh.

My laptop appears to be retarded. It hasn't done that weird whitespace thing in some time, but it seems to have shown up today when I wasn't paying attention >_>

Oh hey! I noticed that this game has finally ended! And man, do I have a lot of things to say about this.

Edited because of the amount of uncalled for rage. See next page for a more toned town analysis.

Edited by Sangyul

This game would've been more fun to read if they brought in Morgus from WF

Him & SB would've made for great partners

i want to give people the benefit of doubt since environmental issues could've hampered their game but given that the biggest problem players were all from 2+2... yeah...

i will at least take smug satisfaction in correctly predicting the game would devolve into a clash of egos, which was exactly why i didn't want to join this in the first place

also the set-up was bullshit and i can't believe people tried to defend it. mafia vigilante is just not good game design, the entire game has a huge amount of swing depending on if and when it dies

Edited by Prims

It has all our rage and the specific things we were raging at.

EDIT: I'm a bit calmer now and sorry for raging so hard in my previous post. I still stand by my statement that the reasons given for shooting SB were horrible. I mean, if SB was being lurky and scummy that's a reason to shoot him. But shooting him because "he's not playing like he does in his town games on his home forum I've never played in btw I could be wrong" is a terrible reason.

Also, confirmed townies aren't always right. Confirmed townies can have reads just as bad or just as good as any other player. So letting them dictate all discussion and voting power is just a surefire way to drive town off a cliff. Instead of trying to "clear" people, you should be looking for scum (AND LOOKING AT WHAT DEAD PLAYERS ARE SAYING TOO!!!).

The ego thing was also … a thing. You guys are all mafia champions, but champions shouldn't just stick their heads in the sand and act like their way is the best way to go. Champions should be able to adjust to different play styles without having to throw insults at one another. Instead of calling people who suspect you scum and that "I can't believe you guys are actually champions", EXPLAIN why your actions aren't coming from an anti-town mindset and see if there's anything you ARE doing that's anti-town.

One final thing: the gifs. Enough with the gifs, they don't do anything except be annoying ;/

Edited by Sangyul

[11:56] <Conq> You start with a total of three vig shots, but you will receive an extra shot for every power role/special wolf/mafia that dies.

[11:56] <Conq> good god

[11:57] <Conq> mafia 3x vig that gains more shots?

would like to address that >scum that get better as they kill specific townies is a Bad Thing

also starting with 3 shots... nope.

having a one-shot which gets shots on PR scum that die would have been a lot better, but also 19/5 is awful balance in the first place (and scum vig is Swingy As Fuck)

(not to mention the fact that backup was on the modkilled jack, which was not a listed role, so i don't know why i'm even trying to show a point when the host clearly wasn't truthful for the entirety. and we know what i think of hosts who lie to players.)

Edited by Curly Brace

would like to address that >scum that get better as they kill specific townies is a Bad Thing

which is why norman has to be town and the naughty sorceress is the final mafia

:)

So some people are arguing that the setup was balanced or townsided? what

Did anybody read players bring up any worthwhile points or tells in this game? Most of the tells for casing or clearing people I read throughout the game were either null or not very good/not new, the reason that I was watching this in the first place was to get to see cool tells that I haven't seen before, and if there was anything good at some point I must have missed it because I skipped half of the thread due to the excess noise.

I kinda liked the "frozen" wording for scum taking longer than usual to post and trying hard to sound alright in situations that require fast processing and reacting (such as deadline), which is extremely exploitable in the context where they brought it up but still alright if used correctly. I don't remember anything else.

Edited by Vhaltz

that seems cool because people will inevitably reverse it to find town and i have no problem making shit up on the fly at deadline

It's obviously not a tell to apply to everybody, definitely not on people with a history of spamposting such as you, Manix, Via, etc, and even then it still depends on circumstances. It can be used on me for one, but I also take long to post as town if I'm trying to do specific things that need attention to wording.