• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. . . yes you do, Refa ;~;

Remind me never to try and read your meta again

also I learned this game I hate AtE.

That said Shinori/Euklyd probably still deserves maf MVP

I can't read this scumchat for more than a minute at a time without feeling the need to run away from the monitor

cringing every time I get to a "gp" uggh

Okay, firstly... this game was not really meant for a playerlist comprised 50% of newbies- a lot of the town roles were very high-risk/high-reward type of roles (the Manix role) or just very difficult to use well (the kirsche role). Additionally, because we were afraid of the scumteam rolling over, we adjusted what people rolled so that the scumteam had at least two of the more experienced players... which ended up kind of backfiring because even some of the more experienced town players had off games. It also didn't help that the setup ended up being somewhat scumsided.

Anyways MASSIVE WALL OF TEXT AHEAD:

Player/Role Comments

Phoenix01 - Rein, Town 1x Omniguard: You have to be more active. It felt like you were just commenting on things but not really trying to find who scum were, or stating your opinions on anything. Once you started doing so, it was kind of too late. Also, the way in which you claimed wasn't very good. Say everything at once; don't reveal it in bits and pieces. The Rein role was considered for ITP position at one point (after being both town and mafia, he decided to be third party) and was going to be GF Cult Leader but basically I wanted to make myself the ITP (noego) and also didn't want to bother balancing a cult.

Eurykins - Manix, Town Hooker: It says something about the rest of town's play that you were probably the town MVP despite dying N1? You played decently I thought, and picked a good target for your role, but were unfortunately pretty unlucky that Refa decided to also Hijack you at the same time. It was a kind of funny an unintended consequence that basically the best possible hook target for the Manix role was the BBM role. You also win the Award For Best Unintentional Roleplaying for tunneling people on D1 (the only real problem I had with your play) and then targeting the BBM role btw.

Bearclaw - Sho, Town Hated Doctor: I'm sorry but I can't actually remember anything you did this game. ;_; You didn't play badly though; just kind of unmemorable and then I think the mafia figured you wouldn't get lynched because you were Hated. Not really much to say about the role.

FFM - CT075, Town Ascetic: You really should have claimed D1 as Ascetic. I don't think you've played in a game with Ascetics before but that's generally what's done. You got kind of screwed over because Darros happened to target you on the same night he got vanillized and that led to a lot of crazy suspicion about your role, but like I said to Phoenix, a lot of it could have been avoided by claiming your role all at once rather than in pieces (even on D2). Other than that... you have to expand a lot more on your reads. You weren't like the worst player but claiming you had no part in the loss is wrong. We put a Town Ascetic into the game even though they suck because Ascetics are like always scum and we wanted to subvert that. This role also originally did not retcon Cam's play in Kirby, and represented it with a 1-shot Mass Lightningrod where he'd be super active and make every role target him (with the Ascetic turning off that night). We decided town was too strong at that point though, and took that part out.

Iris/Marth - Psych, Town Fabricator: I thought you played about as well as you could for the amount of time you had Iris. Both you and Marth were kind of off in your reads IIRC though. You guys also got unlucky with Eclipse's decision. Marth, there wasn't really a reason to softclaim as you did, but you didn't deserve to get shot for it. SB and I were kind of glad Iris rolled this role even though she'd told us during SF3 that she didn't like being Vig, because it was one of the more difficult-to-use ones and we wanted it to go to someone more experienced. This role was still my favourite overall though!

Eclipse - Prims, Town Governor: So... there were a few problems I had with your play. Firstly, yes, being able to control the lynch is strong, but that doesn't mean that the point of your role was to purposely try and lynch a town protective role to recharge another shot, which was the feeling SB and I got. It also felt like you were trying to lynch for info rather than who you actually thought was suspicious? Stuff like voting FFM just because he gave interactions with everyone else over Wen, whom you actually thought was suspicious, for example. And it's not your job to punish people for making mistakes. Okay, Marth screwed up his claim. But in what world did it make sense to shoot the person who gave you the vigshot in the first place? As for the role... the recharge bit was a joke twist SB and I added pretty last-minute which we maybe should not have done, or at least implemented it in the way everyone seemed to think it was being implemented (Eclipse getting some part of the role she lynched).

Refa - BBM, Independent BPV SK/Arsonist Hijacker: ;_; You got unlucky with the inspect, but like I told you after you got lynched, claiming Bomb was really unnecessary. If you'd just claimed regular Hijack, if Euklyd had decided to out the BPV, you easily could have just said that you were hiding the BPV so that mafia might attack you. Other than that... props on being the only person to actually correctly call the scumteam. If you'd shot Shinori N2 Town might even have had a chance! ANYWAYS NOEGO I MADE MYSELF THE SERIAL KILLER GET AT ME. The original version of this role had fulltime Hijacking and also a 1-shot Dayvig (with ECLIPSE, TOWN ITP HUNTER as the fake) but we felt that was too strong and also that there were too many kills as it was, so we put in a BPV instead and cut the hijacking in half.

Kopfjager - SB, Town Librarian: idk what to say here. I know you were busy on D1 but even after that your content and activity were extremely lackluster. SB was very hesitant on even allowing you to play because of your play in SF3 (which was ongoing at the time of the signups). The info this role gave out was:

N1: # of living townies

N2: that there were town roles that were at least partially detrimental- this one could have been worded better

N3: all role-changes are reversible- referring to the Shin role

N4: only one faction can win this game- in hindsight this was useless as there was no Cop in this game and as such none of the anti-town would ever claim Survivor or some other harmless ITP role but I literally just realized this

N5: it is possible for the entire playerlist to die in one night- referring to the arsonist part of the BBM role

N6 onwards (N5 if the BBM role was dead): junk

The main reason we implemented it as someone else getting the info was to have more town roles that could harmlessly visit someone for synergy with the kirsche role. Also to make it more provable so people couldn't argue it was like kirsche in PiG (which Elie did anyways...)

Junko - Grassbridger, Town Voodoo: Early in Day 1, I was pretty surprised with your play, because you caught some slips by two members of the scumteam that everybody else missed. Unfortunately, you kind of just mentioned it and then dropped it, which was part of the reason people were finding you scummy. You didn't really push anything hard enough. Have more confidence in your reads, I guess? That being said, the D3 Poly vote made literally no sense. There was a 1v1 between Refa and Euklyd- why were you looking for scum somewhere else? I think you picked a good word (alive) that got around our restrictions while still being common. We thought this role was pretty funny and we wanted town to have vote and lynch control with all the kills flying around. That being said we didn't really consider how this role could combine with the Sho role. Thankfully that didn't come into question.

Polydeuces - kirsche, Town Tracker: Again tbh you're one of the people whose play I don't really remember; though in this game that's probably a positive thing. However, you have to calm down though. If you'd stopped and thought about it you would have realized that Euklyd not getting quickhammered meant that there was a good chance one of GP/Euklyd were scum. As I said to Junko, go for the 1v1s before anything else. You somehow missed CCing Darros but this was good for town in the end so meh. TBH this role kind of blew hard (the restriction was way too strong). When we RNG tested it this role had a fairly good rate of getting people to visit it. Unfortunately we forgot that in practice getting people to visit you is not really random.

Darros - Shinori, Town Delayed Follower: Your D1 play was mostly okay. Like Eclipse pointed out, you were a little too focused on activity, and your reads were basically all wrong, but I think you did a good job of appearing townie. Enough to get vanillized N1- and that's where the problems started. Firstly, it felt like your content dropped off massively after D1. I'm not sure if this was because you lost your role or other stuff, but yeah. And secondly, and majorly, there was literally no reason to claim Tracker. The mafia weren't going to kill you after they vanillized you, whether your role was Tracker, Follower, or Mass-targeting Fullcop. You were extremely lucky to not get into a 1v1 with Poly. And more importantly, Follower, like I explicitly told you in your role PM on D2, is a Rolecop variant, not a Tracker variant. If you'd claimed Follower, Euklyd probably wouldn't have dared claiming Rolecop. Town probably would have mislynched D3, but Refa would have killed like two scum on N3 and still given town a chance at a victory. Hell, even if you'd faked initially but then claimed Follower after Euklyd claimed, that still would have turned out well.

Green Poet - Elieson, Town Beloved Princess: I think the largest problem with your play was that you were too eager to clear people (often for bad reasons), and unfortunately the people you were clearing weren't actually town most of the time. It seemed like you cleared Elieson just because he proved his role as Neighbourizer even though literally the last game had a mafia Neighbourizer. I know you didn't play in it, but there's nothing inherently townie about being a Neighbourizer. You cleared Darros and Shinori just for claiming vanillized it seems like? The mafia can fake that you know, and there were actually more fakes than actual usages of the role, though you at least didn't clear Euklyd for it on the last day. And even if nobody had claimed vanillized on D2, it could easily have been a 1-shot ability. That wouldn't have incriminated Darros. I kind of play similarly to you a lot of the time, in that I try to get townreads and then PoE from there, but to do this effectively, you have to base your townreads well, and you have to keep re-evaluating them as necessary, which you have to work on.

Elieson - Boron, Mafia Ninja Neighbourizer: My biggest problem with your play was, like I said in the mod qt, that you completely missed the point of Neighbourizer. Yeah, it's not inherently townie, and doesn't provide direct benefit to the scumteam, but there's no scum role that provides as much moling opportunity (other than PSYCHO MASON) as Neighbour(izer) does, which is why we included it. Talking to people in OC in an NOC game can be a huge boon for town, and therefore mafia because you get to act like town. How well you do as it correlates directly to how much effort you put into it. You got kind of lucky in that GP seemed to clear you for very little reason. Really, why on earth did you ever want to claim Bodyguard, which is like the most common scum fakeclaim ever, over something easy to prove like Neighbourizer? It struck me as you not wanting to put that extra effort into the game. Other than that... SB felt that a lot of your cases were overly semantic, particularly on D1. Something I've noticed is that you can get this really snarky passive-aggressive tone as scum, where you insinuate a lot of stuff but don't actually follow up on the stuff you say. Watch out for that. Other than that... Ninja was there for the Tracker and Follower.

Shinori - Shin, Mafia Strongwilled Vanillizer: I think you played well for most of D1, but after that, it felt like you were coasting on your early efforts really heavily. Luckily for you only Refa really caught that you didn't do anything on D2, and nobody really listened to him after his death (and for some reason he didn't actually push the case? and also only primed you rather than outright killing you). I'm not sure why you were so sure there had to be a Cop even after like three other info roles were outed. Probably still mafia MVP though; you did a good job of organizing actions. I think the unlimited Vanillizer was kind of too strong. This should probably have been nerfed to like every other night or something. The scumteam didn't have a Hitman or anything to get past the protective roles and ITP BPV so this got rid of outed info roles even if they couldn't kill them. The Strongwilled was there for the Hooker and Hijack.

Euklyd - scorri, Mafia BPV Mimic: I think the scummiest thing you did (other than the claim, which I'll get to in a sec) was that your interactions with Elie just dripped of scumbuddies. You kept attacking him but kept finding excuses not to vote there and then on D3 it was kind of really obvious, though I think at that point the entire scumteam had just given up distancing. As for the claim... you were incredibly lucky you didn't get lynched for it. Firstly there was the fact that you didn't get CCed by Darros. But you didn't really have a way of knowing that. What you did know was that all the town info roles (and the non-info roles too) were all heavily restricted in some way. A vanilla Rolecop that got not only the rolename but the entire action paragraph, including flavour, was just way too strong in comparison. It would have been out of place even if you'd limited it to a number of shots. And even then it was just way too much information on top of a Follower, Librarian, and Tracker. The BPV was there for protection against the BBM and Psych roles, and Mimic was a kind of cool way of combining info for the scumteam with just overall utility that the scumteam kind of lacked (a hooker, for one thing, since the vanillizer didn't block the target's action on the night of). Unfortunately we didn't fully take into account all the OP shit this role could potentially do, like Turbolynch the Beloved Princess as a last-ditch effort/in *YLO, or Voodoo people in *YLO. Thankfully neither situation arose but SB and I would probably have retconned the mimiced lynch-control roles to be unusable in *YLO.

Whew that took a long time. I'll post the given fakes in the morning because I'm tired. Alternatively SB can do it for me!

EDIT: hold on this was an unfinished post
EDIT2: "scummiest thing you did besides the claim was the Elie interactions" yeah. Agreed. Not sure how else to do that, since I was kinda more interested in a Phoenix lynch, then a Bearclaw lynch, then a Refa 1v1, but w/e. I that's the scummiest thing I had content-wise then cool, I guess.
I probably should've claimed 2-shot rolecop right off the bat, instead of a general claim, though (although even that wouldn't've helped that much.

Edited by Euklyd

I just realized I was BBM in Fakeclaim too. BBM, why can I never win as you? ;_;

Anyway the reason I softclaimed was because town usually likes to go all "OMG You're Fabricator you're a scum role!" and there was this "Iris' D1 play was bad let's lynch her"

That was it really

Iris claimed that her passed-out item was mislabelled. That was probably the most townie thing a fabricator can do, because it sets them up for such incredible failure if they are lying.

Was I really snarky?

I figured Wen was less likely to be scum after what he claimed about his role (this was in the neighbors topic, IIRC), and Marth managed to get himself into the late-day random-claim for no reason (and yes, I will shoot people that do that, because it means the NEXT day will be "you said this and that", which is a headache; see D2 and how it went NOWHERE). Also, I liked the twist, but if you don't want a role used like that, then don't put it in.

Lastly, lynch redirects are hella strong on mafia, and dayvig tier on town. Still, I really liked the roles (even if BBM is the worst for making himself the SK)~!

I wouldn't place a lynch redirect on the same level as a dayvig just because a dayvig doesn't use up the day. that said a town lynch redirect is still very strong in other areas (it's akin to a 1x lynchproof townie and can completely screw over scum if the player has good reads)

I wouldn't place a lynch redirect on the same level as a dayvig just because a dayvig doesn't use up the day. that said a town lynch redirect is still very strong in other areas (it's akin to a 1x lynchproof townie and can completely screw over scum if the player has good reads)

Lynch hijacks don't care about BPVs, so there's that

And eclipse, games have had Dayvigs on scumside (multiple games, at that), so unless EVERYONE ELSE IN THE GAME has reason to believe that numbers are what they may be, automatically expecting the rest of the players to assume that Roles, despite power, belong on X side, is unrealistic.

Why could the ITP not have been given the Lynch redirect?

Also also, regardless of what you did with your role when submitting the syntax, your presentation of the role was questionable. Did you see the confusion that you instigated into town? Town could've spent that time hunting for antitown, but instead, well...you saw the outcome

I would have killed for a lynch redirect in this game.

to be fair though you'd kill anyways

And eclipse, games have had Dayvigs on scumside (multiple games, at that), so unless EVERYONE ELSE IN THE GAME has reason to believe that numbers are what they may be, automatically expecting the rest of the players to assume that Roles, despite power, belong on X side, is unrealistic.

Why could the ITP not have been given the Lynch redirect?

Also also, regardless of what you did with your role when submitting the syntax, your presentation of the role was questionable. Did you see the confusion that you instigated into town? Town could've spent that time hunting for antitown, but instead, well...you saw the outcome

Meh. I wasn't particularly happy with D1 (the spam took way too long to clear up), but it was better than D2. Also, no one pushed really pushed the ITP angle, so it's now a moot point. IIRC, the closest anti-town to being lynched was Euklyd? Still, the main points of contention on D1 weren't anti-town.

I see lynch redirect as one-shot lynchproof dayvig, assuming the dayvig doesn't end the phase outright (it happens).

Okay, firstly... this game was not really meant for a playerlist comprised 50% of newbies- a lot of the town roles were very high-risk/high-reward type of roles (the Manix role) or just very difficult to use well (the kirsche role). Additionally, because we were afraid of the scumteam rolling over, we adjusted what people rolled so that the scumteam had at least two of the more experienced players... which ended up kind of backfiring because even some of the more experienced town players had off games. It also didn't help that the setup ended up being somewhat scumsided.

Anyways MASSIVE WALL OF TEXT AHEAD:

Player/Role Comments

Phoenix01 - Rein, Town 1x Omniguard: You have to be more active. It felt like you were just commenting on things but not really trying to find who scum were, or stating your opinions on anything. Once you started doing so, it was kind of too late. Also, the way in which you claimed wasn't very good. Say everything at once; don't reveal it in bits and pieces. The Rein role was considered for ITP position at one point (after being both town and mafia, he decided to be third party) and was going to be GF Cult Leader but basically I wanted to make myself the ITP (noego) and also didn't want to bother balancing a cult.

Eurykins - Manix, Town Hooker: It says something about the rest of town's play that you were probably the town MVP despite dying N1? You played decently I thought, and picked a good target for your role, but were unfortunately pretty unlucky that Refa decided to also Hijack you at the same time. It was a kind of funny an unintended consequence that basically the best possible hook target for the Manix role was the BBM role. You also win the Award For Best Unintentional Roleplaying for tunneling people on D1 (the only real problem I had with your play) and then targeting the BBM role btw.

Bearclaw - Sho, Town Hated Doctor: I'm sorry but I can't actually remember anything you did this game. ;_; You didn't play badly though; just kind of unmemorable and then I think the mafia figured you wouldn't get lynched because you were Hated. Not really much to say about the role.

FFM - CT075, Town Ascetic: You really should have claimed D1 as Ascetic. I don't think you've played in a game with Ascetics before but that's generally what's done. You got kind of screwed over because Darros happened to target you on the same night he got vanillized and that led to a lot of crazy suspicion about your role, but like I said to Phoenix, a lot of it could have been avoided by claiming your role all at once rather than in pieces (even on D2). Other than that... you have to expand a lot more on your reads. You weren't like the worst player but claiming you had no part in the loss is wrong. We put a Town Ascetic into the game even though they suck because Ascetics are like always scum and we wanted to subvert that. This role also originally did not retcon Cam's play in Kirby, and represented it with a 1-shot Mass Lightningrod where he'd be super active and make every role target him (with the Ascetic turning off that night). We decided town was too strong at that point though, and took that part out.

Iris/Marth - Psych, Town Fabricator: I thought you played about as well as you could for the amount of time you had Iris. Both you and Marth were kind of off in your reads IIRC though. You guys also got unlucky with Eclipse's decision. Marth, there wasn't really a reason to softclaim as you did, but you didn't deserve to get shot for it. SB and I were kind of glad Iris rolled this role even though she'd told us during SF3 that she didn't like being Vig, because it was one of the more difficult-to-use ones and we wanted it to go to someone more experienced. This role was still my favourite overall though!

Eclipse - Prims, Town Governor: So... there were a few problems I had with your play. Firstly, yes, being able to control the lynch is strong, but that doesn't mean that the point of your role was to purposely try and lynch a town protective role to recharge another shot, which was the feeling SB and I got. It also felt like you were trying to lynch for info rather than who you actually thought was suspicious? Stuff like voting FFM just because he gave interactions with everyone else over Wen, whom you actually thought was suspicious, for example. And it's not your job to punish people for making mistakes. Okay, Marth screwed up his claim. But in what world did it make sense to shoot the person who gave you the vigshot in the first place? As for the role... the recharge bit was a joke twist SB and I added pretty last-minute which we maybe should not have done, or at least implemented it in the way everyone seemed to think it was being implemented (Eclipse getting some part of the role she lynched).

Refa - BBM, Independent BPV SK/Arsonist Hijacker: ;_; You got unlucky with the inspect, but like I told you after you got lynched, claiming Bomb was really unnecessary. If you'd just claimed regular Hijack, if Euklyd had decided to out the BPV, you easily could have just said that you were hiding the BPV so that mafia might attack you. Other than that... props on being the only person to actually correctly call the scumteam. If you'd shot Shinori N2 Town might even have had a chance! ANYWAYS NOEGO I MADE MYSELF THE SERIAL KILLER GET AT ME. The original version of this role had fulltime Hijacking and also a 1-shot Dayvig (with ECLIPSE, TOWN ITP HUNTER as the fake) but we felt that was too strong and also that there were too many kills as it was, so we put in a BPV instead and cut the hijacking in half.

Kopfjager - SB, Town Librarian: idk what to say here. I know you were busy on D1 but even after that your content and activity were extremely lackluster. SB was very hesitant on even allowing you to play because of your play in SF3 (which was ongoing at the time of the signups). The info this role gave out was:

N1: # of living townies

N2: that there were town roles that were at least partially detrimental- this one could have been worded better

N3: all role-changes are reversible- referring to the Shin role

N4: only one faction can win this game- in hindsight this was useless as there was no Cop in this game and as such none of the anti-town would ever claim Survivor or some other harmless ITP role but I literally just realized this

N5: it is possible for the entire playerlist to die in one night- referring to the arsonist part of the BBM role

N6 onwards (N5 if the BBM role was dead): junk

The main reason we implemented it as someone else getting the info was to have more town roles that could harmlessly visit someone for synergy with the kirsche role. Also to make it more provable so people couldn't argue it was like kirsche in PiG (which Elie did anyways...)

Junko - Grassbridger, Town Voodoo: Early in Day 1, I was pretty surprised with your play, because you caught some slips by two members of the scumteam that everybody else missed. Unfortunately, you kind of just mentioned it and then dropped it, which was part of the reason people were finding you scummy. You didn't really push anything hard enough. Have more confidence in your reads, I guess? That being said, the D3 Poly vote made literally no sense. There was a 1v1 between Refa and Euklyd- why were you looking for scum somewhere else? I think you picked a good word (alive) that got around our restrictions while still being common. We thought this role was pretty funny and we wanted town to have vote and lynch control with all the kills flying around. That being said we didn't really consider how this role could combine with the Sho role. Thankfully that didn't come into question.

Polydeuces - kirsche, Town Tracker: Again tbh you're one of the people whose play I don't really remember; though in this game that's probably a positive thing. However, you have to calm down though. If you'd stopped and thought about it you would have realized that Euklyd not getting quickhammered meant that there was a good chance one of GP/Euklyd were scum. As I said to Junko, go for the 1v1s before anything else. You somehow missed CCing Darros but this was good for town in the end so meh. TBH this role kind of blew hard (the restriction was way too strong). When we RNG tested it this role had a fairly good rate of getting people to visit it. Unfortunately we forgot that in practice getting people to visit you is not really random.

Darros - Shinori, Town Delayed Follower: Your D1 play was mostly okay. Like Eclipse pointed out, you were a little too focused on activity, and your reads were basically all wrong, but I think you did a good job of appearing townie. Enough to get vanillized N1- and that's where the problems started. Firstly, it felt like your content dropped off massively after D1. I'm not sure if this was because you lost your role or other stuff, but yeah. And secondly, and majorly, there was literally no reason to claim Tracker. The mafia weren't going to kill you after they vanillized you, whether your role was Tracker, Follower, or Mass-targeting Fullcop. You were extremely lucky to not get into a 1v1 with Poly. And more importantly, Follower, like I explicitly told you in your role PM on D2, is a Rolecop variant, not a Tracker variant. If you'd claimed Follower, Euklyd probably wouldn't have dared claiming Rolecop. Town probably would have mislynched D3, but Refa would have killed like two scum on N3 and still given town a chance at a victory. Hell, even if you'd faked initially but then claimed Follower after Euklyd claimed, that still would have turned out well.

Green Poet - Elieson, Town Beloved Princess: I think the largest problem with your play was that you were too eager to clear people (often for bad reasons), and unfortunately the people you were clearing weren't actually town most of the time. It seemed like you cleared Elieson just because he proved his role as Neighbourizer even though literally the last game had a mafia Neighbourizer. I know you didn't play in it, but there's nothing inherently townie about being a Neighbourizer. You cleared Darros and Shinori just for claiming vanillized it seems like? The mafia can fake that you know, and there were actually more fakes than actual usages of the role, though you at least didn't clear Euklyd for it on the last day. And even if nobody had claimed vanillized on D2, it could easily have been a 1-shot ability. That wouldn't have incriminated Darros. I kind of play similarly to you a lot of the time, in that I try to get townreads and then PoE from there, but to do this effectively, you have to base your townreads well, and you have to keep re-evaluating them as necessary, which you have to work on.

Elieson - Boron, Mafia Ninja Neighbourizer: My biggest problem with your play was, like I said in the mod qt, that you completely missed the point of Neighbourizer. Yeah, it's not inherently townie, and doesn't provide direct benefit to the scumteam, but there's no scum role that provides as much moling opportunity (other than PSYCHO MASON) as Neighbour(izer) does, which is why we included it. Talking to people in OC in an NOC game can be a huge boon for town, and therefore mafia because you get to act like town. How well you do as it correlates directly to how much effort you put into it. You got kind of lucky in that GP seemed to clear you for very little reason. Really, why on earth did you ever want to claim Bodyguard, which is like the most common scum fakeclaim ever, over something easy to prove like Neighbourizer? It struck me as you not wanting to put that extra effort into the game. Other than that... SB felt that a lot of your cases were overly semantic, particularly on D1. Something I've noticed is that you can get this really snarky passive-aggressive tone as scum, where you insinuate a lot of stuff but don't actually follow up on the stuff you say. Watch out for that. Other than that... Ninja was there for the Tracker and Follower.

Shinori - Shin, Mafia Strongwilled Vanillizer: I think you played well for most of D1, but after that, it felt like you were coasting on your early efforts really heavily. Luckily for you only Refa really caught that you didn't do anything on D2, and nobody really listened to him after his death (and for some reason he didn't actually push the case? and also only primed you rather than outright killing you). I'm not sure why you were so sure there had to be a Cop even after like three other info roles were outed. Probably still mafia MVP though; you did a good job of organizing actions. I think the unlimited Vanillizer was kind of too strong. This should probably have been nerfed to like every other night or something. The scumteam didn't have a Hitman or anything to get past the protective roles and ITP BPV so this got rid of outed info roles even if they couldn't kill them. The Strongwilled was there for the Hooker and Hijack.

Euklyd - scorri, Mafia BPV Mimic: I think the scummiest thing you did (other than the claim, which I'll get to in a sec) was that your interactions with Elie just dripped of scumbuddies. You kept attacking him but kept finding excuses not to vote there and then on D3 it was kind of really obvious, though I think at that point the entire scumteam had just given up distancing. As for the claim... you were incredibly lucky you didn't get lynched for it. Firstly there was the fact that you didn't get CCed by Darros. But you didn't really have a way of knowing that. What you did know was that all the town info roles (and the non-info roles too) were all heavily restricted in some way. A vanilla Rolecop that got not only the rolename but the entire action paragraph, including flavour, was just way too strong in comparison. It would have been out of place even if you'd limited it to a number of shots. And even then it was just way too much information on top of a Follower, Librarian, and Tracker. The BPV was there for protection against the BBM and Psych roles, and Mimic was a kind of cool way of combining info for the scumteam with just overall utility that the scumteam kind of lacked (a hooker, for one thing, since the vanillizer didn't block the target's action on the night of). Unfortunately we didn't fully take into account all the OP shit this role could potentially do, like Turbolynch the Beloved Princess as a last-ditch effort/in *YLO, or Voodoo people in *YLO. Thankfully neither situation arose but SB and I would probably have retconned the mimiced lynch-control roles to be unusable in *YLO.

Whew that took a long time. I'll post the given fakes in the morning because I'm tired. Alternatively SB can do it for me!

Okay, how I was I supposed to know that "ascetic" was mostly a mafia role? I've been in like four games so far: most times I was lynched on the first or second day.

And it looks like I won't be improving any time soon, gg.

If your role is the following:

1. Passive (that means you don't have a command to input AND you can't turn it off)

2. Neutralizes town roles/kills them outright on visit

that's grounds for claiming immediately. Miller is a popular one - it screws with the cop. Paranoid Gun Owner exists, but is less common. I claimed town Ninja in a previous game, because it messes with trackers/watchers and their ilk. Your role messed up EVERYONE, so that means that cop scans fail (for example). The only exception to this is if your role PM forbids you from claiming (but that's fairly rare).

Next up. . .responses. If someone asks you questions, answer them. If someone mentions you, and it's not in passing (like, "eclipse said that Prims' last argument was made of candy"), respond with your logic. I don't care how repetitive you think it is, but it will help you to live longer.

Edited by eclipse