I Can't Believe It's not SFMM4! - Game Over

BBM

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Passive (that means you don't have a command to input AND you can't turn it off)

unless you're something like bulletproof or bomb

this should be obvious but i've seen people make dumber mistakes

I was one-shot ascetic (including kills) in Inception, but unlimited ascetic is generally too broken no matter what faction it's on .

Not really; town Ascetic (by itself and not as a modifier) is pretty useless and does nothing. What's the point of being safeguarded all the time if you have no active abilities? And if you don't claim it you just screw over town roles (see: FFM N1). As mafia it's better because you can make Tracker/Cop/etc actions fail but even then if you don't claim it right away people are going to get suspicious if enough actions fail on you. You kind of still have to claim it. You're still immune to the previously mentioned roles but you're not really preventing them from targeting other people, so eh. It's strong but I wouldn't say it's OP.

There was also a scum limited Ascetic in Fakeclaim, a semi-limited one in SF3, and another scum Ascetic in Mirai Nikki on MotK (@Vhaltz). The only town Ascetic I've seen is in Kirby and that's because roles weren't linked to alignment before the game.

I remember BT being town ascetic in that recent MotK game where Bard won. Didn't read Mirai Nikki and for the most part I haven't read MotK games at all if I haven't commented on postgame.

And yeah after reading all of this it feels like ascetic is mostly just a miller variant for town, I don't think I'd ever put it in a setup because giving people negative utility roles with no redeeming qualities is kind of crappy for the person getting the PM, although I guess it'd be okay if it were linked to some other role like Prims' miller in NOCers

I had an uninformed observer chat with Kaoz and Mitsuki that got really lazy past D2 start, I mixed up Euklyd and Refa as SK/Mafia right before the 1v1 and never questioned my dumb early townreads on Shinori and Elie.

Goes to show you that actually playing the game and reading it might have a crucial role in playing mafia, scientific research 10/10

Edited by Vhaltz

I remember the amazing Touhou mafia N0, where four info roles (including me) ran into Manix's ascetic on N0. He also claimed it immediately on D1.

Ascetic is negative utility for town, not on the level of miller but it's up there...

Well, Miller actually strengthens town in a way (increases chance of cop scanning town, people are more likely to believe that the Miller is town) while Ascetic does fuck all (although in this game, it'd screw me over so fuck that noise).

imo the only ways to make miller a feasible role are giving the player incentive not to claim (not outright modkilling them tho that's dumb), and giving it to actiondan

Somebody should edit a can of beer into Yuka's hand in that avatar, she already looks totally drunk due to the mandatory anime blush

Has nobody actually done a Dunk mafia before?