Prims

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

prims you told me the questions once upon a time, go check skype logs

I can't bc phonebound

Edited by Curly Brace

I subbed into the sole VT in a setup once. There was only two scum though (in like 13p or smth) and town had pretty much facerolled them already so lol

My favorite was the game that advertised there would be 'at least 1 VT in this game' by which he meant 'exactly 1'

This was also the time my puppy won me a mafia game.

"brb puppy chewing my wrist"

Missed deadline where Mitsuki and I claimed doc, and SB was also doc.

I remember being really frustrated at NNR that game because his case on us was the worst, and small game meant his vote actually mattered.

To be honest, I usually love VT more than hate it just because I have no additional pressure of surviving to keep a Town PR or Mafia alive. It can be refreshing just to sometimes completely focus on the analysis of a game with no fear and no attempt to make sure there are always better targets.

EDIT: Also since there are no questions around I might as well ask. Aimed at those who dislike rolling vanilla town, why? Is it just rolling vanilla in role madness setups or is it bothersome to not roll some kind of power role in general?

(Shadoweh is not required to answer this question for obvious reasons)

tbh VT suits my playstyle so rolling it is gr8

it also means im not mafia

Aimed at those who dislike rolling vanilla town, why? Is it just rolling vanilla in role madness setups or is it bothersome to not roll some kind of power role in general?

I dislike it because it gives me the least knowledge of any player. I am working on my own intuition and detective skills and I have to convince others about my hunches to get them lynched besides. The vanilla town is like a pawn without the chance to become a queen when they reach the other side.

If mafia was a chess game, town would be like a regular chess side, and the mafia would have a couple queens but no other pieces (scum goons could be non-pawn non-queen pieces I guess). And then catching scum is like simply taking that piece. Sure, it's easier doing so if you're a knight rather than a pawn, but it's still possible, and pawns are still an important part of the chess game. And as people have said, it's much better for the other side to take a pawn than a knight.

Sure, they have their use. Doesn't mean that anyone wants to be a pawn. Edited by Makaze

All vanillas should be converted to Dinosaur Comics Announcers IMO (also applies to Mafia Goons as well).

Edited by Refa

VT doesn't feel very empowered. Barring negative utility, rolling it lands you the weakest role of the least informed faction, so the disparity between the advantages you and a majority of the rest of the game have leaves something to be desired.

It's because of this that I particularly liked SB's last game, where even those of us that rolled VT had some variety with action choices. Having stuff to do and think about outside of day phases just feels right, I guess.