Mafia Question of the Whenever - LYLO

Prims

Worst is a tie between cult leader and survivor - I think my stance on the former is pretty well-known, and the latter's boring. Oh, and ambiguous win conditions.

Best. . .SK Bomb. It's funny~!

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question 14: The game is in LYLO and you're one of the last players left in the game. What are your thoughts on making it to LYLO as town? What are your thoughts as scum?

As town, I would be freaking out if it were a 3-man LYLO because if I screw up then I pretty much lost the game for my entire alignment. If the game is LYLO with more than 3 people, I'm a little less worried although I'd be focused on reading through the game and hoping no one throws out a careless vote.

As scum, I'd focus on trying to not get lynched, or not trying to get one of my important scum buddies lynched. In 3-man LYLO, I'd try to throw suspicion on one of the townies left but I don't think I'd be as nervous as scum for some reason.

Regardless of alignment, I prefer to observe people at first in LYLO. At that point PoE usually has kicked in, so if someone does anything rash you can either get info from that as town or push as scapegoat when you're scum.

3-man LYLO sounds stressing no matter what alignment you are, unless you're town in kingmaker because lol

If you're confirmed town in 3p LYLO:

Chill out, reread both people both in isolation and wrt interactions with the scumteam and all the wagons. Don't make any hasty votes. The exception is if you have a Governor that you can use to automatically end the game; then you've got to do that shit two minutes into the phase.

If you're not confirmed town in 3p LYLO and there's someone that IS confirmed:

Reread the person you're in a 1v1 with it and marshall your best arguments.

If you're not confirmed town in 3p LYLO and there isn't someone that's confirmed:

Reread both people. Don't decide hastily who you think is scum, but once you decide, stick to your guns.

If you're scum in 3p LYLO and there's someone that's confirmed town:

Basically the same as if you were town in this situation.

If you're scum in 3p LYLO and there isn't someone that's confirmed:

Reread both people to see which one is more likely to find you suspicious, and build a case on them. You don't want the person who finds you suspicious to be the decider if you crossvote the other guy. Don't attack both people; it looks unfocused and like you're just trying to get ANYONE lynched because you're scum. But find some reason to townread the other guy, or the conviction looks unnatural.

Town LYLO: "Holy shit, I made it to LYLO. This is amazing!"

Scum LYLO: "This day is such a waste of time, just hand me the win already."

3-Man wise I was confirmed town in Eli's duelist mafia thing.

I was having a panic attack nearly the entire day and wondering why it had to be me and not Kirsche.

In non 3 man idk. I made like 9 (or 7?) man lylo in Drafters but that was my first game and I sheeped one of the scum so.... let's not talk about that.

My only scum game I was killed N1 by THE PROTOWN SK and my only ITP game I was lynched D2. Idk how I would react in these situations.

Edited by Da Bear

It depends on if they're scummy? Tbh I'd probably do it in a large game (towncred!!!!) but in a small game I'd rather just lynch scummy town.

Edited by Da Bear

I try not to, only because for some reason, people never tend to come down on me for having "scummy" interactions with people, if i don't interact with them at all/have minimal interactions.

are you Psych or Paperblade?

I bus pretty much when I feel like it and don't bus when I don't. I prefer bussing early to bussing late because even though the latter is better in most scenarios, an early bus lets you coast for a while and also when it's 5p LYLO or whatever I just want the game to end rather than trying to bus my buddy for a win in 3p.