Most Balanced Cast

Jotari

Does Haar not exist on your copy of RD?

Haar doesn't exist in Part 1, most of Part 2, the DB maps in Part 3, and 4/6 Part 4 chapters. He can't steamroll it if he's not even there.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not to mention haar sucks balls in the endgame.

his low ass speed and resistance really bites him in the ass when he's getting doubled by spirits and chunk'd by white dragons.

oh and he's always gonna be asleep during part 1.

part 2 is the only part of the endgame that he's gonna beable to contribute effectivly

Miledy and Percy are far from invincible and have availability issues, and rutgar falls off a cliff late game. They're all fantastic, but not on the level of a true game breaker like Seth or Shiida

Having no gamebreakers doesn't make FE6 balanced though- FE6 also has many more trash units than FE7 has- the Knights and the unpromoted Archers are all pretty terrible, plus Sophia.

FE6 also has a bigger cast of characters than FE7. I'm pretty sure this was already pointed out, but games with a large cast of characters like Fire Emblem are inevitably going to be imbalanced, and there is going to be a wide berth between the characters on top and those on the bottom. A game with a bigger cast is going to have more bad characters than one with a smaller cast. This doesn't make it less balanced.

not to mention haar sucks balls in the endgame.

what haar is one of the best units to bring to endgame

Having no gamebreakers doesn't make FE6 balanced though- FE6 also has many more trash units than FE7 has- the Knights and the unpromoted Archers are all pretty terrible, plus Sophia.

i don't actually think this is true. marcus + sain render so many FE7 units entirely useless outside of forced deployment.

raw statwise the fe6 units look weaker

comparitive to the other units in the game, bartre and rebecca are or worse than say, ward and wolt, just due to the nature of the game.

not gonna deny that wendy and sophia really have any counterparts, but steamrolling with marcus/sain/florina invalidates a lot more of the cast then steamrolling using mildey/percival

Edited by General Horace

so then...why isn't jill a better choice since stat wise she doesn't have haar's issues?

Because Jill doesn't have an eye patch or talk down the senators.

oh so instead of being statistical like i thought we were being in this thread, its about character personality's.

whoops my bad, i thought i was on a fire emblem fansite/database and not tumblr

I wasn't really in the conversation. I just threw a joke out there. Don't take it so seriously bud.

Edited by Jotari

Haar doesn't exist in Part 1, most of Part 2, the DB maps in Part 3, and 4/6 Part 4 chapters. He can't steamroll it if he's not even there.

He's still available for about one-third of the game, which I would call "a significant part" of it.

He's still available for about one-third of the game, which I would call "a significant part" of it.

But compared to someone like Seth, who is around for the entire game save one chapter, he is significantly less unbalancing as a result.

A better argument for endgame Haar is that his level lead generally snowballs throughout his career so he's likely to be in your best 10 options even though his max stats are unsuited for the real challenges of Endgame.

Fe5 is probobly the most balanced.

Once again, it would makes sense design-wise (Fatigue system).

It should be the most balanced, logically, because it makes it harder to only use a few units to destroy everything.

Once again, it would makes sense design-wise (Fatigue system).

It should be the most balanced, logically, because it makes it harder to only use a few units to destroy everything.

Yeah, I also think that FE5 is most balanced, but that's still FE game.

You have Fin with his W!n Lance. What? He get HPorDEF RNG screwed? No one cares because his amaizing skill. 54% chance to survive any deadly strike. AT BASES!

Dagdar. 43 HP + 7 MOV. Even in midgame he makes few guys "baby". He and Finn are probably your best combat for long, long time.

Asvel. "I made this game easy".

Marty. Best capture unit. Amazing defense. RNG can't screw him, because godly base. Supported by good unit. Can carry every chapter alone.

Edited by Nicolas

I’m pretty sure the gap between Saphy and whoever is worst in FE5 is pretty huge. >_>

FE10 might have the best case b/c of the availability shenanigans and since you can bexp anyone to godmode if you really wanted.

But FE is not balanced, and I don't think it's designed to be (or if that's necessarily a good thing here).