Conspiracy Mafia - End of Days

Paperblade

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From reading through the last two or so phrases of this game, it sounded like Refa (and Blitz) had decided that Shin was scum and were cherry picking at the worst parts of his posts to defend their scum read instead of actually looking through the posts first and then coming to the conclusion that he was still scummy. In other words, it felt like they'd decided he was scum already and were only looking for evidence to support that conclusion instead of looking through the posts and then coming to the conclusion that he was still scummy. I'm pretty sure this was a topic of discussion in some other recent game.

I think this is a play issue and not an attitude one, though. I guess I can't really blame you since I yelled at Manix for similar play in a previous game.

of course people are going to conclude somebody is scummy from reading and not constantly re-evaluate it, especially if that player does not make enough posts to be re-evaluated, and even then Refa did seem pretty open to the possibility of me being scum in LYLO, just never fully convinced

Edited by Prims

the best part about this game will be in Prims' next town game he'll nail scum early and out of nowhere and people will say it's null

"scum!Prims in Conspiracy got mafia lynched as well!"

prims can join me in the COOL kids club of "never getting credit for maflynches"

Fixed.

ALSO I can still count this as not being town with Refa because clearly I was a self-aligned THIEF

Euklyd is scum with me: We sweep the game, effortless win

Euklyd is town with me: We get down to 3P LYLO and I lynch the wrong guy.

Euklyd, please be scum in the next game that you play with me.

prims can join me in the cool kids club of "never getting credit for maflynches"

i never get credit for anything. if i attack somebody strongly it's "prims was obviously hard bussing he does that sometimes", if i defend them it's "prims was just trying to save his scumbuddy that's his scum meta", if i ignore them it's "prims wasn't paying attention to his scumbuddy, obvscum please lynch"

Euklyd is scum with me: We sweep the game, effortless win

Euklyd is town with me: We get down to 3P LYLO and I lynch the wrong guy.

Euklyd, please be scum in the next game that you play with me.

shit both times we've been "town" together (although one or both was varyingly town-aligned ITP) we both lost

Inception and Conspiracy

obviously the solution is to not count this as a town game

also Refa if I was scum and you weren't I'd just claim a scan on you and get you lynched obv

it worked last time

Prims thanks for winning the game for us while I was too busy sleeping.

Actually I only read the thread like, once during D1 only to help Vhaltz and then tried to read it again when I replaced in but I was too busy with everything else (things to do kept piling) so I really couldn't do much other than giving Vhaltz some ideas and commenting his posts with him. I wish I could have played for real...

For the record, the day when Vhaltz and I were lynched we were at a con on charge of two stands with some friends, and I had to finish a cosplay. We also met with people after the con... We had almost no time for mafia, so it was impossible to turn around the lynch on us.

Mitsuki: imo you and probably Vhaltz should tone down the self-consciousness as scum. Examples: nobody even picked up on the Prims/Weapons interactions (except maybe Xinnidy but she was vague and never followed up), people found Vhaltz obvtown all game and you were still pretty worried even when I had the game on lock. I'm not saying don't be self-aware, but townies don't notice half the things you notice and a large part of being scum is making sure the ones that won't are the ones alive.

I know I'm very self-conscious, but that's as all alignments, specially town. I don't see how that has affected my/other people's play negatively this game. I'm not saying this is proof that it hasn't, just that that's what matters to me. If you have some example or explanation on how it affected negatively you're welcome to tell me.

Also I wasn't worried that we wouldn't win because I didn't care about it anymore, I just thought that as a member of the scumteam who could still talk in the mafia QT I should at least offer my help.

Well I generally believe that being too self-conscious is going to make you play more conservatively as scum which will at times fuck you over (tbh without the Vhaltz bus we would have lost this game, given on the role situation) but tbh it is mostly just demoralizing for a buddy to talk about how obvious and screwed the scumteam is when we're in a good position.

Not the Protown SK.

I dunno, attempting to follow this game irritated me as an uninformed observer because mostly Manix possibly existing or not, and thinking that half of the roles were fake.

Also fmpov Blitz, Refa and prims were town by the 5p alive phase. If I were to think prims was mafia and playing, i would've prolly been called out for fear mongering myself like I did in whatever game it was. I also thoiht Manix was just fucking with everyone all game, and am sooooo glad I didn't actually sign up for this.

It was a good show though, lots of thinking (even if I was perplexed). Seeing another FINALYLO was pretty sweet

@Prims- it's not that I got lazy after I got cleared exactly, I just kind of ran out of people to push and got demotivated because of that, which happens even when I'm not clear. I thought both you and Vhaltz were scum on D1/D2 but couldn't really formulate my gut very much, which made it really easy for you and Vhaltz to brush my cases aside and make me think I was wrong. And then by D2 I was (correctly) confident about most of the rest of the game not being scum, which caused me to kind of run out of steam and just go for the lurker lynch. On D3 I felt the least confident about my Cam townread so I started pushing that. By D4 with less people playing and Shin having subbed in I was more confident that you/Vhaltz were scum again (I think I said so to Blitz and the mods the night before) but still didn't have a real case on either of you other than PoE I guess. Then during that day I tried to make it so that you would be tempted to fish for the Doc with your NK by not pushing you that hard, but I guess I didn't do it well enough (and actually was lazy during the night, when I should have tried way harder to convince Blitz that you were scum).

The main problem is that as people have become better at playing scum (and this was a good scumteam too, players wise) I've had to rely on my gut and PoE more and more to get them, and the former is not that convincing even to myself and the latter makes me become demotivated too easily.

@Prims: The Vhaltz bus only worked because people stopped thinking, not because it was a good idea.

If no player alive is smart enough to call you on something then it becomes a good idea.

We would've been in a much shittier situation without it (although I had no way of knowing this so it's not like it was strong play or whatever, never mind that bussing wasn't even my intent).

tbh this game sapped my ability to play for a while thus my subbing out of Reclass

idk maybe I just felt like I hadn't played well at all and that was why I was getting tunnelled but whatever idc anymore

Truth be told, I didn't see Prims as scum, which made things really difficult when Refa was the only candidate left. Prims played pretty amazingly, props to that. I'm not particularly bothered by Refa, it was an easy mistake to make considering I was ready to try and lynch him.

Blitz, you really need to work on your attitude and line of logic, there were so many things which relied on massive assumptions and you essentially tunnelled me constantly for the last few phases without even reading what I had to say. There's also a level of courtesy required, one I think you lacked in general. I don't particularly care because it's a game, but it's going to come to bite you in future games eventually.

On a final note, I'm not used to living that long, so crazy!

also forgot to say this: SB can I suggest you never put 3 masons, a cop and a jailkeeper in the same set-up ever again?

The only thing keeping this fair was the gimmick, but had town handled their role shenanigans more properly there was 0 wiggle room for scum. If you're going to have more than one mason then the mason group had better be, like, the only power role, ordinary masons are strong enough.

well the bastardness of the game convinced SB himself that the Cop was Naive! And the Masons were closer to Neighbours but we were all obvtown.

xinnidy wasn't obvtown though, we shot her because we expected "mason" to be taken at face value

or maybe she was but i couldn't really tell