Tyne-Wear Mafia - Where Are They Now? Special Bonus 2016 Update

Parrhesia

@Blitz

No, I didn't redirect votes from me to the other wagons because I only had Weapons voting on me at the time. I'd have no reason to worry about that.

---

By the way, I've seen people say that Randa is scummier now because he voted SB despite being one of his townreads... Am I the only one who doesn't see something wrong here? If any of you were town and on his place, you'd do the same thing and vote the other wagon that's more likely to be lynched. I don't see any particular scum intent here.

I also don't like how Prims finds Randa town but doesn't care if he's lynched or not because he's being detrimental to the game. I know he gave his explanation about this matter, but I can't see how a town lynch is good for town in any possible case.

I'm also strongly against lynching inactives. We'd get better reads and info by lynching someone who has been active on D1. The inactives should totally be Thorhammered by the hosts instead.

Rolefishing is fishing for a specific role, asking for a massclaim to find the doc or something just doesn't happen. Ever. Don't you think it's possible that Weapons really does believe that setups are breakable but breaking it like that isn't fun?

I meant 'rolefishing' as 'finding out roles', not necessarily a specific one, but why is this important again if Weapons said he was just reaction testing?

Also Weapons' OMGUS on me is so terrible I am not even sure if I should address it or not.

---

It's good to see Paper back. While he hasn't done much, I acknowledge that it's fair enough. However, there is a certain player who I'd like to hear more about.

Unvote

##Vote: Candelobro

His reads are just terrible, from what I ISOed. His reasons for voting Weapons was "hey he looks weird I'll address this later so until then *vote*", later on he says he's been jumping around the place and being scummy (why, exactly? Why is 'jumping all over the place' a particularly scummy thing?). Some time ago, he votes Randa because he finds him scum, yet never bothers to tell us what he thinks is wrong with him. Finally, he decided to postpone his explanation about his vote on Randa because he believes it is not necessary to do so.

His content makes me think he's being lazy on purpose and overall clinging to shallow reads. His activity is as high as Paper's and yet the latter has contributed more with reads than the former. Really, ISOing Randa can't be that hard, IIRC three people already did that like one day ago.

I'm not buying this. I really want better explanations from him.

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rapier i know i'm not the person to say this but if you can't post again for a while you need to get on a wagon soon

It's still 6:45 PM where I live, there's still time to play.

there will be no second extension - cutoff is in roughly 11 hours and 15 minutes.

I asked for the inactives to be Thorhammered, not for an extension.

Rapier why the fuck do you want all of the inactives to be modkilled.

Also reading through everything I missed while I was playing FE12 and then ragequit because Prologue 8 (which isn't actually that bad but I digress).

Again, Randa did the same in Reclass. I think he's one of the top posters there.

I was the top poster there and I'm the top poster here.

I must have missed that post, still, the part about his reluctance to vote then deciding to settle with SB holds true. He didn't seem particularly convinced by any of the main wagons from his prior post and I don't see what would have changed!

kirsche, that entire paragraph was about inactives, giving a reason why I think Belisarius seems a little odd compared to the other inactives. You've missed my part about Randa not liking any of the wagons but deciding to vote despite not finding any of them scummy. Neither Weapons nor Rapier are relevant right now, I'm not going to include them in every post if I'm talking about something else. I also mentioned Paper briefly, he's another one I really haven't noticed too much.

I'm not quite understanding the fascination with me, although I am incredibly handsome!

I have explained my vote on SB three times. I have illustrated the numbers based on who was active. If you want to ignore all of those posts then I don't know what to tell you.

I also don't like how Prims finds Randa town but doesn't care if he's lynched or not because he's being detrimental to the game. I know he gave his explanation about this matter, but I can't see how a town lynch is good for town in any possible case.

Really, ISOing Randa can't be that hard, IIRC three people already did that like one day ago.

actually when I made the ISO's I linked mine to Refa in British so people would be confused

But like real talk I'm legit thinking about voting myself cause it'll confirm my allignment and allow for associative reads. which is probably more than I can do by being alive

Also reading through everything I missed while I was playing FE12 and then ragequit because Prologue 8 (which isn't actually that bad but I digress).

Don't worry, bro, that chapter made me ragequit loads too!

SB, I've mentioned Paperblade a few times in passing, although I can't say I've devoted very much attention to him. He's kinda sat on you for a fair while and hasn't really provided much beyond saying things are "weird" or discrediting wagons. He's said stuff, but I'm really not sure what kind of direction he has this game. Paper, oh sword of processed tree pulp, do you still read SB as scummy and is it still for the same reasons? If not, who would you want to lynch instead? Not Shin of course.

I have explained my vote on SB three times. I have illustrated the numbers based on who was active. If you want to ignore all of those posts then I don't know what to tell you.

Your vote seemed to be for the sake of getting someone lynched, since SB had the most "inactives" on him. Whilst it was understandable that we might not have got the extension, you picked the person with the fewest votes and I still can't see why you thought he was scummier than the other options. It's not that I've ignored them, but I'm struggling to see the town logic of voting someone you questioned the wagon of.

Your vote seemed to be for the sake of getting someone lynched, since SB had the most "inactives" on him. Whilst it was understandable that we might not have got the extension, you picked the person with the fewest votes and I still can't see why you thought he was scummier than the other options. It's not that I've ignored them, but I'm struggling to see the town logic of voting someone you questioned the wagon of.

The bolded is completely right. I didn't find any of the wagons particularly scummy and I didn't want to no lynch day 1. Still don't wanna no lynch day 1.

Shin, you have to remember Randa's SB vote was pretty really close to phase end. Not to once again mention that he was being really freaking obvious about getting the votes off him and you just to get a lynch in since we were running out of time with little activity. That potential mislynch would be tied so hard to him.

Alright, time's up for me. I won't be here for a dealine. Since I don't see any other way to end this turn without a no-lynch, and as much as I'd prefer to lynch Weapons or Shin or even Poly, I have to vote Randa.

unvote

##Vote: Randa

>Says he'll read through everything

>Falls asleep

Refa pls.

We have a phase extension and Randa's still the leading wagon. Don't see how that helped us at all.

While I find Paperblade scummy for his earlier content, I find Prims and Weapons' votes on him to be bad. Both of them vote him to get him to talk, which seems like a bad reason to wagon him, especially since Weapons didn't make any mention of Paper earlier. But its not enough for me to scumread weapons.

I do think prims' voting history has lacked conviction though. It feels like he hasn't pushed cases much on anything he has found suspicious- be it FFM, Beli, Blitz or even paperblade(since that one's more of a "he's less active and not talking much" when we're struggling to decide on a lynch here). Don't think his position on the Randalynch is suspicious though because the reasoning makes sense.

Gonna stick my vote on Randa anyway because we're outta time again and if I put my vote anywhere else it'll be impossible for me to get on at deadline and switch my vote if we're scrambling for a hammer.

I'll try to get in more content on D2 though.

Well I'm going to sleep. I'm gonna put us at L-2 and if I wake up and find out I'm not dead I will be pissed.

##Unvote

##Vote:Randa]

Hard to read Randa. He's been one of the most active players despite having the largest wagon on him (I think he would be less active if he was trying to avoid getting lynched as scum - although that's mostly me assuming) and advocates a Paper turbolynch despite being likely to be lynched himself (if he wanted to avoid getting lynched today he would vote for one of the other wagons - what would he have to gain from suggesting an unexpected move like voting Paper?).

...But then later he goes back on his Paper vote in order to go after another large wagon pretty much doing a 180 on his statement seemingly because his Paper ploy fell flat. That's a scummy move right there. Mayhaps he is frantic scum?

Shin is hard to read too but that's because Shin. The sudden turn around with Rapier is kinda weird but jumpy Shin is jumpy, plus I'm questioning the benefit of doing such a thing as scum because all he's doing is drawing attention to himself. His only reads were on Weapons/Rapier for a while but admittedly the game has just started and there's really not much activity. How he dismissed Rapier's point as "lol kneejerk" and the whole "if I were scum I would have done that instead" thing feels self-conscious (if that makes sense) but I still think Randa's scummier.

Feeling better about SB now that he's been posted more. His wariness of Refa doesn't really sound like scummy behavior due to it being a pretty odd case to follow up with.

##Unvote

##Vote: Randa

Randa was active in the last game (where you were scum with him, so you'd have to have been aware of that for like the whole game) so I don't get why you're correlating towniness with activity here. Don't really have any other issues with your read here though (or your read on SB).

Don't really like your Shin read though. You bring up some good points but then dismiss then because "Shin is Shin" which is kind of a lame excuse not to vote him.

I woke up early and then no phase end after all. I HOPE YOU'RE ALL HAPPY.

Randa proposing a turbolynch after last game seems really questionnable to me and really the suspicion is way too weak to drive a lynch based on it. His hope onto me because it's the most likely to get a lynch is also basically distancing himself from playing any part in it and a questionable decision at best considering I was the wagon with the least votes. I'm null on the vanilla claim at this stage, but I'm kinda curious as to why BBM's reaction to the vanilla claim seems less pronounced than usual?

Yeah, I really didn't get why Randa voted you over Shin, but honestly not convinced that it was a scum motivated move (because if he was scum, it'd be easier to build a counter wagon on Shin than you).

FFM's Randa vote is kind of terrible- he lists a bunch of reasons for why Randa isn't scum and then votes him because he "went back" on the Paper turbowagon idea even though really he was just voting a big wagon for consolidation.

##Unvote, ##Vote: Paperblade

I know I haven't actually said much about Paper but idk I think he's scum. His tone doesn't feel right; even though he's generally more unsure D1 his posts feel like they're even moreso than normal. Also he admitted that for his SB vote he was talking about 2 people but then never changed it and his reason for voting is bad too- like people said, how is attempting to play badly on purpose indicative of scum? Dunno if people really want to lynch Paper but I at least want him to come back and expand if nothing else.

Can you elaborate on your issues with FFM's Randa read? Like I thought conflating activeness with towniness was dumb but otherwise it seemed fine for me.

I don't really get your problem with Paperblade's SB vote. Didn't he say that he just forgot to change the name or something.

I don't think there's a Mafia Goon because even if there are a lot of weak town roles, sheer numbers are against the mafia (gonna assume something like 14/5/1 or 15/5); don't feel like the mafia are that week.

Kind of annoyed because I don't really think Randa is scum at this point; in several games somewhat recently where there's been a scum wagon on D1 struggling to reach hammer, the mafia member in question refused to vote for themselves to achieve it- Manix in Big NOCers for example. And I feel like some people voted Randa just for consolidation and didn't even try looking for another alternative when we got more time, like Poly/FFM/Belisarius.

Anyways gonna sleep soon and it really doesn't seem as if anything is possible now so ##Unvote, ##Vote: Randa

Janus bet Valnich is lead up to the gallows by a jeering mob, largely due to nobody better springing up. When asked for any last words, he only sighed, cleared his throat, and said, "I wish people still no lynched these days."

They don't.

You are Adam Johnson.

adam-johnson-008.jpg

As one of our few genuine great mercurial talents, it's inevitable that your form's a bit... streaky. Some days you just don't function. It's okay. It's expected. This is Sunderland. We're a bit shit, and we love it. We signed Titus Bramble. But some days, you're great. And we really need that greatness to shine through. Right now. Hopefully more often. Please?

Your role is that of a vanilla. You're evidently in the 70% of the year you spend totally forgettable. Pity.

Night One begins.