Tyne-Wear Mafia - Where Are They Now? Special Bonus 2016 Update

Parrhesia

I think I changed my mind on Rapier, he's prob scum. The reason is because I'm on mobile.

Want to look back on Shin now, but I'm on mobile.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I guess kirsche lynch would be okay really just because he'd be more active as town.

Vig should shoot inactives,

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok i think i missed part of paper's suspicion on me the first time through so i guess its not as bad as I thought but i want him to come back with more opinions

gonna reread through now

Hey everyone! Sorry for being so slow to take action, Rein has been very sick for several days now and we had to go to a doctor and his computer isn't working and it's just a big mess. That out of the way, this is what we've got! Well, mostly me, so this'll be interesting.

Mass claim discussion seemed like a big deal early on but so much is unknown it doesn't strike me as ideal. That said it seems like it's of good intention from the way it was discussed so easily, just sorta misguided, so on it's own I don't think it's a reason to suspect someone. I dunno how typical this is of Weapons to suggest stuff like it and back off but people don't seem to think it's worth looking into (Rein gave the useful and well-thought reason of "because Weapons," thanks a lot) so I guess I will trust people's judgement there for the time being. If he seems scummy for other reasons later though, I think it'll be worth looking into at that point, but for now the mysterious ways of Weapons elude me. I will say I don't like Poly's vote on him since it seems not based on him acting suspicious.

Shin feels like he's a decent lynch candidate especially when we need so many people to lynch. He seems to be contradicting himself so much- not wanting to rely on meta in post 221 and proceeding to do just that anyway, his pretty easy vote-hop after mentioning not really wanting to do so, among others. All of his votes just feel very weak (though I happen to agree on Randa). If it comes to it I'll vote him.

Even though I think Shin's vote is bad, I think Randa is the scummiest player right now. He has talked a whole bunch without saying much at all and I feel he could be doing so much more than just being very passive about everything and not making any moves to get something done... he doesn't even have a vote right now after a lot of posts.

I don't like Rapier much right now either, it sort of feels that he is ignoring points that are okay for Weapons and is just very focused on getting him lynched but his reasons seem to be not so strong

I guess that's all for now. ##Vote Randa

... Except I am not even voting Weapons. I am voting Shin.

Also, as much as Randa is being passive and having a hard time getting any reads, why does this make him scum? I don't necessarily see scum intent on passiveness and undecisiveness. Also, I refuse to think a scum would just sit by while knowing there are "five people" (according to his own words before clipsey's vote count) voting him. If anything, I think the Randa wagon is a red herring for an easy lynch on a player who's struggling to have reads.

My mistake. Not sure where I missed that, I did take a while to make that post.

It's the way he's gone about it that concerns me. There have been very real opportunities to find content and I just find it difficult to believe he has almost no reads at all, if that makes any sense. I don't think paying little attention to people voting him is exactly a town sign either since town doesn't want to be lynched either, they want to lynch mafia, so that part doesn't strike me as truly indicative.

I don't think paying little attention to people voting him is exactly a town sign either since town doesn't want to be lynched either, they want to lynch mafia, so that part doesn't strike me as truly indicative.

Sorry, town and mafia are supposed to be switched here (even though both are true!). It should get my point across anyway.

What I mean is that the Mafia is way more desperate than the town to survive. Therefore, I don't think he'd be waiting for town to lynch him as a scum and gain an early advantage, at the very least his scumbuddies would warn him and give him advice on how to choose a read. Just my two cents.

Also, he does have reads, IIRC, but they're mostly null and town reads. I don't remember any scumread comming from him aside from that easy Weapons vote.

I dunno, I don't really see his lack of motivation on that front as town-like.

I was in large part talking about this here.

Uhhhhh. I feel like there really isn't that much actual content despite being on page 10 already. So basically reading the game three times has produced literally zero solid scum reads, me getting called out for doings what the majority of the game is doing and being called scum for it, and me being unmotivated again. So before somebody asks no I don't have any strong scum reads. Sorry.

The lack of any vote at all really bothers me like it is a fear of commitment. From that post on he has not put up a read or vote and I find that concerning.

What I mean is that the Mafia is way more desperate than the town to survive. Therefore, I don't think he'd be waiting for town to lynch him as a scum and gain an early advantage, at the very least his scumbuddies would warn him and give him advice on how to choose a read. Just my two cents.

Also, he does have reads, IIRC, but they're mostly null and town reads. I don't remember any scumread comming from him aside from that easy Weapons vote.

I'm gonna be stupid and bring up self meta. As Refa pointed out I did the same exact thing in reclass and I was scum. I don't think somebody taking a passive approach to a wagon on them should be a reason to think they're town.

SB, I already answered whatever issues you had with my case in my reply to Shin (READ HARDER).

Honestly not too sure about SB. I didn't agree with his early Weapons comments, but I can kind of get where he's coming from there. Also his next reads post (the one where he votes Shin...again) was pretty OK too, with some sheepable reads even. My issue with him is that he's been way too forgettable (although I guess I'm not really one to talk heh...rereading is hard, yo!) and hasn't really pushed any of his reads very hard. I mean I can see him having a lot of town reads as town (see: FFTA) but he never really explains them here. Later on he even lists people he'd want to get lynched but he doesn't really have any conviction or priority. The only thing making me doubt my read here is that he does have trouble coming up with scumreads as town, but not really as scum (can anyone say SUPER BUSSER). Would consolidate on if necessary, but there are other people I'm more bothered by overall.

This isn't really bad, but I will point out that not really pushing reads can applied to pretty much everyone at this point, cause I don't think anybody is very confident yet.

I was kind of bothered by Paperblade for the same reason (being more forgettable than I'd think he'd be as town, actually to a greater degree than SB) but at the same time I don't really have any issues with his content itself so *shrugs*.

Doesn't paper get demotivated as scum. Could that be the explanation. I don't really know cause I've never played with him for a full game.

Prims has been kind of forgettable but that's probably because of rl things rather than anything alignment indicative; also my earlier town read on him still applies. I think his scumread on FFM is flawed though (I'm noting this because I had a lot of issues with Prims read in Conspiracy where he was scum; so it's something I'm watching out for here) for reasons I've said before. It's worth mentioning that I do gut town read on him because I feel like he'd jump on Randa at this point as scum (SUPER BUSSER).

This actually made me figure out what was weird about Prims I always remember him being spammier. I don't think that's an actual scum tell or me just thinking,of Prims in a wierd way.

Not really sure how to read Cam. Like in his past few town games he's been super try hard, and here he's kind of not really done much (although I do think his case on Randa was good). At the same time, he kind of did the same thing in Conspiracy (yeah he was ITP, but ITPs play like town fite me irl) so blah. Cam, please be less confusing to read kthnx.

I mostly agree with this.

Don't really like Randa. His first actual post has some legitimate issues with FFM, but it never felt like he was actually pushing FFM in them. His next post complains about a lot of bad play but never explains whether or not he actually thinks they're scummy (save for stuff about Weapons that other people have already said; I don't think this a lack of original opinions is necessarily bad but I think his Weapons scumread is bad so yeah). Overall would agree with people that he's been active lurking and while earlier I thought that he was towny because of similar behavior to Reclass (I was townreading him there OK ;_;) now he looks worse for the same reasons (self explanatory...HE FLIPPED MAFIA SCUM).

Watch weapons be scum. You'll all see!

Sheeping my null read (SB) on Shin's lame Weapons read. However it's less the read that bothers me and more of his excuse not to vote Weapons. Also I don't like how he didn't expand on his Rapier read despite plenty of posts from there (and he's still voting Rapier right so this strikes me as scummy play on his part). Also I thought his Randa vote was kind of bad and generic and could apply to a bunch of other players as well, which kind of makes me second guess my scumread on Randa. ;/

Never second guess your scum reads on me Shin has been sheepy not more than me though but the only thing I'm concerned about is that he seems to be going for the easiest case. Granted there're like only four wagons so the easiest one isn't that different from the hardest one.

Beliarius did kind of the same thing but I'm less bothered by him overall? I think it's just a tone thing, and he could have easily coasted as an inactive (whereas Shin had already gotten some flak previously, so that wouldn't benefit him as much).

I feel like beli is doing the same thing as reclass.

Just my thoughts on Refa's posts.

Refa, why Shin over Randa?

Randa, wth are you doing?

Randa vote is dumb but also not dumb. But overall dumb.

Lets vote Poly, Rapier, maybe someone else

?????

It'd be cool if you had a read on Refa rather a commentary on his posts.

Just because you asked you'll get both. Actually I was gonna post this once I finished what I was doing, but I got a minute. I agree with a good amount of what Refa said and he seems to be actively scum hunting, at least more than the rest of the game. So I got a town read on Refa.

'I'm acting just like I did as scum that other time"

Why is that a thing that you would say?

Because rapier completely ignored that Refa pointed this out earlier and in case he missed it. If he chose to still ignore that and town read me solely on that I intended to bring that up as being stated twice and would question it. So basically it was for later.

Hey mods, can we have a super mega extension (like to 1 week)? Do larges typically only start with 3 days?

Would be totally cool with any kind of extension, even one up to 24 hours. A good deal of the game hasn't posted and I probably won't be able to hash out another post for another few hours (it's not really because I'm busy, moreso lazy...and hungry).

i roleclaim town

##unvote

##vote: shin

I fly home tomorrow; I will read and post Good Content then at the start of D2 assuming I am not tragically vigged one day before retirement.

Why is Weapons town? Meta aside.

"So excluding reasons why Weapons might be town, why is he town?"

There was no scum intent in any of his posts. Asking for a massclaim is not rolefishing.

Rapier's #212 is pretty townie and brings up good points against Shin. Rapier is making an effort to analyse posts.

Then Shin comes in #216 and cements his opinion on Randa nicely. Still disagree with his Rapier suspicion though. If it's ok to have no reads, why is it bad to have a couple weak ones?

I'm looking at three people who have not voiced any suspicion of me, to my knowledge, and trying to figure out what it is that doesn't feel right.

So instead of analysing the suspicion on you to see sucm intent, you're trying to find scum intent on people who are townreading you? How about you look at both groups for scum intent?

I'm against thinking through the "hey scum would never do something illogical as that!" line because people make more illogical mistakes than you'd think.

This isn't really saying "it's illogical" we're saying Scum likes to be subtle and not so forward. We're not talking about a simple mistake we're analysing overall play.

Randa cases are all good, would sheep/10. Still want to lynch Shin more though. The people (Prims, Shin considered it) considering dismissing Randa as Town Who Was Wagoned should look to reclass where half the town wrote him off for the same reason. If anything is making me hesitant to lynch him is that I don't recall him struggling to fake reads in Reclass like he would be here if he was scum.

I feel like scum!Prims would try to control the game more to avoid scumlynches rather than coasting through the game. Considering how spread out votes are there's probably some suspicion flung scum's way and Prims isn't really bothering to discourage that.

Also happy to lynch Paper for being demotivated, but I feel kind of bad for saying that as half the game, including me, isn't playing properly.

Juliette's posts are good, Refa's are ok but SB's point about Prims bussing is interesting to note. Cam is not playing as town!Cam from Reclass would lynch.

tl;dr scum priority:

Shin > Randa > Paperblade >> Cam >> rest of us >> Prims > Rapier >> Weapons > Me

content is hard

I voted Weapons because he seemed all over the place and none of what he was saying really felt like it had town intent IMO; he has gotten better since then so I'm not sure if I wanna keep my vote on him.

What're the votals like so far so I know who to reread for consolidation?

i am only skimming but i am strongly townreading rapier, weapons, randa and am sad there's a clutserfuck between them, strawduck mite b town too honestly though it's weirding me out cuz i remember him being very wordy when he played like a year ago. maybe somebody killed him and took his place. core? no wait core would've done that to weapons.

i dunno why my ffm vote sucks :X i think he's scum

i wouldnt mind killing randa to eliminate the distraction tbh. the reason my opinion changed was just from him posting more, he looks like he cares about town and is trying hence being spammy

clipsey forgot to title the votals! votals

Blitz (1) - Marth

Randa (4) - BBM, Cam, Shin, Rein/Juil

Rapier (1) - Strawman

SB (3) - Paperblade, FFM, Weapons

Shin (5) - SB, Kirsche, Rapier, Refa, Prims

Weapons (2) - Blitz, Poly

No vote (4) -, Belisarius, Randa, scorri, Bearface

24 hours remain!

Edited by eclipse, Today, 04:05 AM.

I think its twelve hours now.