Tyne-Wear Mafia - Where Are They Now? Special Bonus 2016 Update

Parrhesia

It kind of explains things.. Unless SF mafia has changed recently, when do we ever mass claim right off? Therefore, if such a suggestion wasn't serious, it was meant to accomplish other things.

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

##Unvote

##Vote: SB

His Refa vote didn't really have much weight behind it and it feels like he's posing questions to others more than he is scum-hunting, which is a bad sign imo since it's well and truly past RVS now. He's made a lot of posts but few reads, basically.

fine, I guess, I failed to get the reaction, I will move on to the actual reason of my vote;

the way I see it, that stunt he pulled on mass claiming seemed like a net to fish for PRs (and I can see 3 people claiming PR and 1 claiming not a PR) and I really do not like that since it helps scum team more than townies. If Weapons was asking for mass claims for asking for mass claims, he would have been fine, but the whole thing seems like fishing for PRs. Therefore I am keeping my vote on him. The fact he didn't respond in an actual way also bugs me.

@Prims, you said earlier that he is more likely town cause he didn't pull that stunt in Conspiracy, but there is probably a difference between this game and Conspiracy. In Conspiracy the scum team had no real night action other than Weapon's role that found other roles and thus all that was need was to kill the towniest player there, the scum team couldn't interact with night roles even if it wanted to. Based on the 3 PR claims I seem to see, I can assume scum team has roles to counteract those and therefore would have more reason to gain info and as soon as possible.

PEDIT: FFM should really answer Straw's question

Does asking a lot of questions = not scum hunting?

He hasn't been making any reads with his questions (or sharing them, at least) and seems to be asking others like Randa for their reads instead which feels like he's stalling to me.

....... and Weapons totally ignores me

SB should come in and drop some reads and people should drop their thoughts on my points about Weapons' PR fishing

I think Randa is much worse than SB

Refa needs to actually answer to my case. It doesn't even look like he has his Shin scumread now and I have no idea who he thinks is scum despite coming in to comment on things.

The only other thing I see as remotely suspicious is FFM waiting for Paper's vote on me to follow through himself (although I haven't minded his other posts) rather than voting me when the posts were made.

@Paper, I don't see why having a lot of empty posts is scummy considering the fact they were close together? Nothing justified another content post at the time and responses I got to my questions weren't scummy or anything. I have way too many townreads atm.

Yeah, getting a post done now.

Opinions on pages 4-6:

-Weapons claim. Nothing special, but I can see why he'd want a massclaim. Hell I like the idea of a D1 massclaim. Too bad it won't ever happen in the history of SFMafia.

- Refa's Shin vote feels forced too IMO but I can't blame him because its based off of the first three pages of the game.

- But the counter to weapons' massclaim idea was unnecessary content IMO when he could've just said a straight NO.

- Can't make out anything from Prims/BBM interactions.

- SB's Refa vote makes sense, but I just don't feel strongly behind that case atm.

- Poly's vote on Prims due to his interaction with BBM is bad and looks forced, especially since its just a one liner about BBM but two-three lines about Prims' being scummy.

- Wow there's a whole lot of nothing on the rest of page 5 and page 6.

Opinions on Pages 7-8:

-Poly's vote switch to Randa makes him look better in my eyes. At least he's not trying to blow his read out of proportion. Like I feel scum would try to justify their scumread further so yeah.

- Actually all the Randa vote so far have been good IMO.

- Cam says in #143 exactly what I would've said about Paper's post about him and SB. Also can't feel any conviction in that SB case when I read stuff like "he's playing worse than usual but I don't know if that's intentional or not but THEN THERE'S CAM!"

- Blitz is guilty of the same though because he first says stuff about Randa and how he's not being productive but then votes weapon because he thinks he's fishing for roles?? That's like, the most obvious case you could make on Weapons and is silly IMO. I don't think Weapons is a dumb scum who'd advocate massclaim to fish for roles and get flak for it.

-Yeah, still not feeling the cases on SB.

I think Blitz is worse than Paperblade mostly because that Weapons vote looks worse than the SB vote(Paperblade's D1 sucks anyway so that's factoring into my priority atm. Don't think Blitz plays like this D1.

I'm not reading the entirety of Rapier's posts but I bet he's town based off of his reckless play.

Everyone have said what I'd want to say about Randa. But to put it shortly, it looks like he's active lurking. Would lynch. But he has votes stacked on him sooooooo

##Unvote ##Vote: Blitz Personally think that Weapons case was forced and looked easy.

@Prims: How does FFM's obsession with Rapier's fake doc claim compare to Blitz's Weapons vote?

Also I'm ignoring FFM mostly because if he's scum he'll do a dumb move and make a 180 on his opinions or make a dumb claim that doesn't work in the setup.

Bluntness ftw!

Why are obvious cases scum cases? It feels like a double standard considering you get get on the case of everyone voting for Randa for doing the same thing, but instead you agree with them. It kind of feels like you're tearing into bad votes rather than scummy play.

Sleeping>Mafia. Also lol at the people who are saying somebody who isn't active and literally said I wouldn't be for the rest of the day is active lurking. I'm going to reread now.

Yeah small post.

No, I'm compulsive insomniac. That would a pointless as shit role for scum.

Think about it. 1. SF games are typically PR heavy (though idk about Furet games), which means that A. Scum will have a very hard time coming up with an adequate fake claim and so will likely try vanilla/something that gets cc'd and B. With all PRs in the open, it makes it possible to coordinate roles to be as effcient as possible. 2. Yes, PRs will be at risk, but the point here is to overwhelm scum before they get their shit together. If you're scum, wouldn't you be scared shitless when your plan to smooth sail into DDay got wasted by massclaim D1. Lastly, I. What is numbering and II. Shit.

Massclaims on here have no shot of getting off the ground. That said, I also do not actually want a massclaim because of the principle of Fun.

Rapier, Refa, BBM, Prims, and someone I can't remember are all cool in my book, so all aboard the Wanda wagon. ##Unvote, ##Vote: Wanda.

Also a friendly reminder that there are still a number of people who have not yet really started playing.

So I have a couple problems particularly with the second post. Especially the bolded portion in the first quote you give us reasons we should mass claim today, ignoring the fact that the mechanics state scum has fake claims, but in the bolded part you say you don't wan them at all. Why would you bring it up and argue for doing it, if you don't want it?

It kind of explains things.. Unless SF mafia has changed recently, when do we ever mass claim right off? Therefore, if such a suggestion wasn't serious, it was meant to accomplish other things.

It actually was serious given the fact that weapons brought it up twice and argued why we should do it. Also he never gave an explanation on the sudden change so how would he have explained anything.

While I'd like to keep the pile on Randa, it has come to my attention that SB is super scummy right now.

##Unvote, ##Vote: SB

Other people have explained why, and I am inclined to agree.

Scumteam is looking like SB

I kinda feel like you're vote hoping.

Also I'm ignoring FFM mostly because if he's scum he'll do a dumb move and make a 180 on his opinions or make a dumb claim that doesn't work in the setup.

Bluntness ftw!

Wow. That was blunt. And a bit rude.

who am I voting?

##Unvote

##Vote: Weapons

I find the, to quote marf, 180 on his opinions wrt the whole mass claim thing suspicious. I also don't like how he essentialy avoided actually answering Blitz's questions. Also misspelled my name obviscum.

Well, I guess saying he was vote hopping was an original case on Weapons.

Still though, no opinions on anything else?

A lot of the other things that are cases right now are relatively pointless from my standpoint. I don't findbproblwms with prima or poly(I'm kinda surprised by this part) the bbm being defensive thing is something I don't see, discussed ffm. I think those are the only not spam /complaining about spam things of note right now.

I'm pretty sure the only reason Weapons voted Randa is "LET'S GO, ALL ABOARD THE RANDA WAGON", which reminds me of a particular song.

DO WHAT YOU WANT 'CAUSE A PIRATE IS FREE

YOU ARE A PIRATE

Makes me think of Darros. What happened to him?

----

Anyway, back to being serious: His reason to vote Randa can pretty well be summed as SHEEPING. I don't like it at all because he does not even bother to share his thoughts on the matter. Also, his switch to SB without further explanations because "hey everyone already said what I think" seems pretty sheepy and opportunistic as well. I'm not liking his case here.

Unvote

##Vote: Weapons

Also, for someone who was just "making reaction tests" by proposing a massclaim, he sure defended it as if he meant it.

Also, by re-reading the topic, I noticed that Weapons' roleclaim may have been used to make him seem town when it actually doesn't prove anything about his alignment. If anything, I'd say it was a subtle way to make himself appear townie (which failed, but I diggress). I am quite satisfied with keeping my vote on him, period.