Tyne-Wear Mafia - Where Are They Now? Special Bonus 2016 Update

Parrhesia

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It just felt odd to me, that's all. I remember Shinori pulling off an early reaction test in another game and he turned out to be scum.

Is this the sole reason why you believe I can be scum? That's quite shallow, taking into account you're using gutreads based on what someone else did before.

there's like no way i'll be around for d1-d2 enough to keep up appearances so i'll just claim survivor and be done with it

who do i sheep

disclaimer that i might not actually be survivor???

The point I was trying to make was that your joke claim/reaction test earlier doesn't automatically make you appear townie.

This would be valid if anybody said rapier was town. This just seems like grasping a lot. Even by ed1 standard.

Assuming Rapier's stuff is a joke

##Vote: BBM

Your reaction to Prims' vote seems overly defensive

I agree with Weapons somewhat? I think it might be useful to just have all info roles claim now, that way protective roles can stay hidden and protect them (since other roles tend to not really do anything).

Cam's response to SB about hooks is dumb and he just looks graspy in general to me, but SB getting all confused about whether Rapier was serious seems strange to me

Angel Beats too distracting. I should probably make a post or something. I dunno, what do you guys think?

The point I was trying to make was that your joke claim/reaction test earlier doesn't automatically make you appear townie.

I don't think this was implied anywhere?

Randa who is scum?

Assuming Rapier's stuff is a joke

##Vote: BBM

Your reaction to Prims' vote seems overly defensive

I agree with Weapons somewhat? I think it might be useful to just have all info roles claim now, that way protective roles can stay hidden and protect them (since other roles tend to not really do anything).

I disagree because by elimination the Mafia would find out those who have protective roles. Seems counter-productive for the Town.

I will re-read the topic and see if I missed something after my brain starts working again.

i dont want to massclaim, the risks outweigh the benefits esp when all roles are gonna be out by endgame anyway. speaking realistically it's not going to happen regardless because somebody needs to start it and everybody else needs to go through with it which just is too hard to set up

Why you guys gotta be like that? Making a post just to SPITE YOU.

That's why I said I was going to re-read: I'm also at a loss. I'm not sure what to make of our situation as of yet or what to do next. I didn't ignore your post.

I HAVEN'T READ PAGES 5 AND 6

Prims' and BBM's interactions confuse me and I don't even get why they're voting each other (like they never explain why anything has scum intent) and it just kind of hurts my brain. Would like both of them to elaborate on why they actually find the other person scummy.

As I mentioned before, it was less unwillingness and more not being particularly thinking about voting. I said pretty clearly that I'm sure Rapier is messing around during RVS, which is why I thought such a strong reaction from Poly and SB was so odd. I'm also a little puzzled at why you think that me not putting a vote down is hindering the game. It's not like I think you're scummy for saying that, I've seen the comment before.

Weapons, I've seen insomniacs of different alignments, a scum one wouldn't be impossible but is by no means damning. I agree with Refa on the most part, Weapons' idea is pretty bad, but I don't see why scum would even try it.

##Unvote

##Vote: Rapier

This may sound like a sudden turn around, but his replies feel forced. The "or you're scum" line and his general logic of wanting information = scum are kinda scummy. Especially when he admitted he was fishing for info earlier!

My bad regarding your Rapier comment; I always forget that everyone doesn't have the same reactions as me. :p Like I said, I had no issues with your problems with Poly and SB's reactions. It's that you chose to keep an RVS vote over it that's the problem.

Yeah, insomniac can be either alignment. Unlike neighborizer. Always scum 100% of the time.

Meh, I should probably reread Rapier. I wanted him to reply whether or not his initial comment was a joke before I said anything about him, but apparently that's not going to happen. To clarify my thoughts, if he said his vote on Blitz was a joke, no harm done (and no reads gained ;_;). On the other hand, I would've called him out if it was serious because while the initial portion (complaining about Blitz's votes or lack thereof being inconsistent with his actions) was fine, the later part (Blitz not doing anything afterwards) was clearly WRONG because Blitz did make some non-filler posts afterwards.

Also the compulsive insomniac being useless for scum wasn't wrong, I just read the post kind of like it would've been useless for scum!Weapons rather than useless in general.

I read it that way too, but I don't see what your issue is there.

It was less "fishing for info" (which I never said, by the way) and more "fishing for responses", actually. It's early D1, the best I can do is question people, read their answers and think about what I should do with the data I get. What's wrong with that?

And I reiterate that massclaiming would help scum more than town, therefore it is an odd suggestion anyhow. I suspect scum wouldn't try proposing something like that, though, so weapons is okay in my book for now.

This post is fine for the most part, but the bolded kind of bothers me. You just questioned if Weapons was scum on the last page for the same reason, can you explain this turnabout (heh, Phoenix Wright reference)?

PEdit: Hey back off Shin, I thought of it first. ;/

Bastard /=/ roles mean nothing. And I don't think town should ever be trying to force a vote, so.

also NOT WOLFY

says the dude who made a town persuader

WHAT NOW I JUST CALLED YOU OUT

I honestly don't like the recent Prims/BBM interaction at all. BBM's question felt almost forced to me, while Prims feels like he's getting defensive and pretty much does the same thing he called BBM out for doing with his vote, which is dumb. He also ignored both myself and BBM's queries on why I was worse than anyone when he made his vote, which seems really odd for Prims, especially if he's town.

##Vote: Prims

So I get that you're scumreading Prims, but what about BBM? Do you think he's town or scum or hitler null?

FFM's confusing responses deserve their own quote block.

there's like no way i'll be around for d1-d2 enough to keep up appearances so i'll just claim survivor and be done with it

who do i sheep

actually i'll be here for most of D2, I want to coast for now though. Will maybe post realtalk if not lazy.

Sheep me.

##Unvote

##Vote: Prims

So I made a huge quote wall detailing the various issues I had with FFM's posts but then I realized that was dumb and a huge waste of time on my part because at the end of the day, I'm reading him as town. Like yes, I agree that his logic is baffling all around (e.g. I don't see how Rapiers' claim could be construed as WIFOM). But at the same time, I do NOT see him being this obstinate about an issue like this as scum. Like the last time I played with scum!FFM, while he did have the same crazy logic at times, he was overall more sheepish and less attached to his reads. Yeah, it's based on meta but it's based on GOOD meta so fite me irl.

I didn't actually think Prims was scummy when I voted him, but it was the only thing standing out to me at the time, so I backed it up with a vote to see his reaction. I don't think that his vote being a question while he voted me for that is scummy bc it just seems like a Prims-type joke to make. His survivor claim is dumb bc I'm pretty sure he's joking and using it as an excuse to be lazy. I don't think he's scum using it as an excuse to not contribute because if he wanted to do that he could coast off being in Texas.

##Unvote

I agree with Refa that FFM is too obstinate about something so small to be scum. He generally goes more with the flow as scum.

##Vote: Randa

Don't really like how he just plopped a one-liner about FFM grasping and then said it wasn't even suspicious. He also seems to just be ignoring a lot.

Not really sure about Shin/Refa/SB. Inclined to read Refa as town for earlygame effort in rereading people and Shin as town for a Rapier vote that made sense. Dunno about SB; his tone feels weird.