Tyne-Wear Mafia - Where Are They Now? Special Bonus 2016 Update

Parrhesia

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're making the mistake of assuming outright sheeping is scummy. Can you explain why this is a thing scum does more often than town? If the best you can do is WIFOM, then that's not a very good argument.

@Other people, does SB usually ask a lot of questions that he doesn't follow up on as townz? I'm waiting for something.

I like Shin, Renda is okay, PB is jelly, and everyone is mixed up.

Also calling scumrri, you heard it here first. Bonus points if she suddenly shows up with attention on her.

From my experience with SB he does.

Prims, what made you change your mind on Randa?

This weird Shin/Rapier thing is confusing my brain.

##Unvote Poly still needs to come say more things about all the things. (also wth all the nonexistent people)

Randa is doing this weird thing where he's mostly posting in regards to himself, but hes not quite defending himself?

But I like that one time he responded to my question of him, even if it was a bunch of null reads.

##Vote:Rapier

Weapons wagon, if it counts as wagon(no votals is hard), vote was still bad and now you're getting too defensive about it which resulted in bad Shin vote.

I call vacation!scorri, not scumrri. And yes, I know I'm appearing now that you've mentioned my name, but no, you're not really getting a post from me. I've skimmed but I don't really have much solid beyond "weapons is playing like weapons" and ffm's reaction to marth's being a jerk annoyed me for some reason. Basically I have no idea what's going on but it's late-ish and I'm tired and so I'm going to be just browsing the internet instead of posting right now. If you want to vote me cause of that, have fun.

clipsey forgot to title the votals! votals

Blitz (1) - Marth

FFM (1) - Prims

Randa (3) - BBM, Cam, Shin

Rapier (1) - Strawman

SB (3) - Paperblade, FFM, Weapons

Shin (3) - SB, Kirsche, Rapier

Weapons (2) - Blitz, Poly

No vote (6) - Rein/Juliette, Belisarius, Randa, scorri, Refa, Bearface

24 hours remain!

Edited by eclipse

24 hours left and the best we have is 3 votes on a wagon gg. I could still go for Shin, Randa, Paper and Refa lynches at this point. Paper feels like he's doing the same thing to me as he did to Boron in British and I've already mentioned the others and I'm too lazy to repeat it.

shit we need like 11 votes for a lynch

anyways I had to go to the DOCTOR and then the HOSPITAL and spent my time mostly writing postgame for Reclass, which is why I wasn't around yesterday.

catching up now

ok I have come to the conclusion that Randa is still scum. Let's say he was town struggling to find reads- why isn't he following up on the people he's voicing vague suspicions about? He gave a one-liner about FFM being graspy but then followed up with a Weapons vote and never talked about FFM again. If he was town and really thought that were like 6-7 votes on him, why wouldn't he look at the people voting him? He's made no attempt to analyze his wagon or people calling him scummy, other than to make a retaliatory comment about Shin jumping on his wagon. But then he never looks at Shin's other posts at all. Same with how he calls Prims/Refa/SB "off" but then never actually tries to follow up on it.

I have trouble getting scumreads a lot of the time too, but when that happens I look really hard at the people I think CAN be scum. Randa just isn't doing that, which makes me feel he's just scum having content-issues (which he had D1 in reclass too)

More later at work maybe

SB, I already answered whatever issues you had with my case in my reply to Shin (READ HARDER).

Honestly not too sure about SB. I didn't agree with his early Weapons comments, but I can kind of get where he's coming from there. Also his next reads post (the one where he votes Shin...again) was pretty OK too, with some sheepable reads even. My issue with him is that he's been way too forgettable (although I guess I'm not really one to talk heh...rereading is hard, yo!) and hasn't really pushed any of his reads very hard. I mean I can see him having a lot of town reads as town (see: FFTA) but he never really explains them here. Later on he even lists people he'd want to get lynched but he doesn't really have any conviction or priority. The only thing making me doubt my read here is that he does have trouble coming up with scumreads as town, but not really as scum (can anyone say SUPER BUSSER). Would consolidate on if necessary, but there are other people I'm more bothered by overall.

I was kind of bothered by Paperblade for the same reason (being more forgettable than I'd think he'd be as town, actually to a greater degree than SB) but at the same time I don't really have any issues with his content itself so *shrugs*.

BBM's explanation of his Prims read was pretty OK so yeah. There's nothing that particularly stands out to me as scummy, and his reads have been fine for the most part. Pretty cool with him there; honestly can't remember the last time I played with scum!BBM and his tone is pretty similar to recent town games from him.

Prims has been kind of forgettable but that's probably because of rl things rather than anything alignment indicative; also my earlier town read on him still applies. I think his scumread on FFM is flawed though (I'm noting this because I had a lot of issues with Prims read in Conspiracy where he was scum; so it's something I'm watching out for here) for reasons I've said before. It's worth mentioning that I do gut town read on him because I feel like he'd jump on Randa at this point as scum (SUPER BUSSER).

Not really sure how to read Cam. Like in his past few town games he's been super try hard, and here he's kind of not really done much (although I do think his case on Randa was good). At the same time, he kind of did the same thing in Conspiracy (yeah he was ITP, but ITPs play like town fite me irl) so blah. Cam, please be less confusing to read kthnx.

Also after rereading Rapier, I'm pretty sure he's not scum. Like I'm not bothered by the people casing him because I agree that he didn't really scumhunt much, but I don't agree that it's scummy. For one thing, there'd be no reason for him to be so active early on as scum when a good deal of the game was lurking. Also honestly I've been kind of confused and lacking in reads this game as well so I can see where he's coming from there. More importantly, I also think that there's been a logical progression in his thoughts (which I guess could come from scum but just read on dammit) and his responses to my issues (concerning his contradictory reads towards Weapons) were pretty OK so would not lynch.

I didn't even remember that Rein was in this game until I saw the mod announcement about him joining with Juliette. Why are there so many inactives in this game seriously. ;_;

Don't really like Randa. His first actual post has some legitimate issues with FFM, but it never felt like he was actually pushing FFM in them. His next post complains about a lot of bad play but never explains whether or not he actually thinks they're scummy (save for stuff about Weapons that other people have already said; I don't think this a lack of original opinions is necessarily bad but I think his Weapons scumread is bad so yeah). Overall would agree with people that he's been active lurking and while earlier I thought that he was towny because of similar behavior to Reclass (I was townreading him there OK ;_;) now he looks worse for the same reasons (self explanatory...HE FLIPPED MAFIA SCUM).

Sheeping my null read (SB) on Shin's lame Weapons read. However it's less the read that bothers me and more of his excuse not to vote Weapons. Also I don't like how he didn't expand on his Rapier read despite plenty of posts from there (and he's still voting Rapier right so this strikes me as scummy play on his part). Also I thought his Randa vote was kind of bad and generic and could apply to a bunch of other players as well, which kind of makes me second guess my scumread on Randa. ;/
Beliarius did kind of the same thing but I'm less bothered by him overall? I think it's just a tone thing, and he could have easily coasted as an inactive (whereas Shin had already gotten some flak previously, so that wouldn't benefit him as much).

LYNCH PRIORITY INCOMING

Shin > Randa >> SB > All other players* >> Prims > BBM > FFM > Weapons > Rapier >> Refa

If it's not obvious, everyone below SB is a townread.

*All other players include kirsche, Polydeuces, Cam, Belisarius, Paperblade, Blitz, Strawman, scorri, Rein/Juliette, and bearclaw who are all people I cannot get a definite read on for the life of me (well I probably could get a read on Blitz/kirsche/Bluedoom but I find my read on both players improves with the more posts they output, so yeah...kind of hard to tell at this stage). The rest of my reads should be self explanatory given my past few posts, so if you have questions about them...get to reading my posts!

##Vote: Shin

Also also I just want to say that because of Shin's vote on Randa, they're most likely not scumbuddies. ##associativereadswithoutflips

AND WITH THAT I'M DONE THANK GOD REREADING IS THE WORST

LATER SCRUBS

I don't really see how I've been forgettable (again) although I can see how I haven't pushed my reads that hard, but part of that is just due to most of my suspicions not posting that often. I didn't feel like outing my townreads because the only one who was under any sort of pressure was Weapons, so there was no point. I'll be honest that I don't really have that much conviction though because I'm not that confident in my reads. The one I'm most comfortable with is scum!Paperblade (especially consider he seems to be ignoring the thread after I've tried to pressure him) but I don't think anyone actually wants to wagon him with me.

If you don't have any issues with Paperblade's content itself though, what do you make of his push on me for "playing intentionally badly" rather than being scummy, when he seems to actually have scumread Cam?

One thing I find really interesting though is how Refa implies scum!Prims would've jumped onto Randa to bus him at this point... except we don't know Randa's alignment. Explain?

I feel a little better about Refa now he has actual content to his name but the above confuses me greatly and I feel like some of his reads (mainly Cam, Beli and the hydra if you count it) are really pointless and feel kind of like filler content.

Also also I just want to say that because of Shin's vote on Randa, they're most likely not scumbuddies. ##associativereadswithoutflips

Yeah, because you're my scumbuddy, bro!

Refa, I made some comments that directly applied to Randa alone, such as his sudden Weapons read, the drop and then the "I have no reads". I do agree that a lot of the game have been pretty inactive and I didn't even know some people were playing, but Randa's the one who's stood out the most... of the people who don't stand out?

You're making the mistake of assuming outright sheeping is scummy. Can you explain why this is a thing scum does more often than town? If the best you can do is WIFOM, then that's not a very good argument.

That's because sheeping does not contribute to scumhunting, so at the very least it is detrimental to the town. And you did so twice, first with Randa and then with SB. Your reads also seem lazy, all you say is "hey x, y, and z look good on my books, but A looks scum, *votes*" without explaining why you think so. Your responses to me were also awful. I wouldn't be opposed to lynching you, but Shin comes first, whose vote on Randa could be summed as "hey why aren't you doing anything" in Shin Flavor, which has been addressed by a lot of people already and seems opportunistic.

Speaking of which, why do you think Randa looks good now?

Also, I'm not sure if Paper mentioned he was busy, but I get the feeling that he's been unmemorable. I find his cam read shallow (again, too vague & gutreading) but I've no problems with his SB read, which seemed well fundamented at the time. Would like to see more from him.

I have more town reads than scum reads, whyyy