Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U Tournament Hub (Please see post #1644)

Ema Skye

Letting you guys know: A Challonge account will be REQUIRED to join the Draft Tournament.

This is because drafting will take place in the comments section there, as I don't think anyone will appreciate 48 consecutive one-line posts in this thread.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Letting you guys know: A Challonge account will be REQUIRED to join the Draft Tournament.

This is because drafting will take place in the comments section there, as I don't think anyone will appreciate 48 consecutive one-line posts in this thread.

Will it be on a Saturday or Sunday? Granted I may be able to get my limited internet on other days but those are my best times.

Will it be on a Saturday or Sunday? Granted I may be able to get my limited internet on other days but those are my best times.

It's set from Thursday-Sunday but that's subject to change. I'm thinking the 1st round battes should be done by Friday night.

Drafting will hopefully take place a few days earlier, so that people can get accustomed to the characters they get.

People without solid internet on drafting days (aka Jedi) could probably relay an ordered list of picks for someone else to make on their behalf if necessary...

But yeah the draft tourney sounds interesting. Can someone link me to it? I'd like to join.

I don't think a link has been posted yet...

I'd probably also be interested in joining.

The Draft Tournament is scheduled for November 6, with signups not starting until around October 27, depending on when the Original 12 tournament ends.

The calendar document with all scheduled tournaments is linked in the OP.

How does the drafting work exactly?

I assume a tourney with 16 players can let people draft exactly 3 characters each (excluding Mii Fighters), which is nice. Or will there be a cap of 2 characters each?

The latter would be most fair, in my opinion, since the people higher up the list will have a huge advantage over those at the bottom. If it snaked around 3 times then they would get the earlier picks, and also the first picks of the third and final... snaking, for lack of a better word.

I assume a tourney with 16 players can let people draft exactly 3 characters each (excluding Mii Fighters), which is nice. Or will there be a cap of 2 characters each?

The latter would be most fair, in my opinion, since the people higher up the list will have a huge advantage over those at the bottom. If it snaked around 3 times then they would get the earlier picks, and also the first picks of the third and final... snaking, for lack of a better word.

16 participants with 3 characters each, and it's exactly as you said. All characters sans Mii Fighters get drafted.

I'm planning that the second and third character will both be chosen in reverse order. Check this example with 4 participants and 12 characters:

1.- John

2.- Paul

3.- Mark

4.- Jack

5.- Jack

6.- Mark

7.- Paul

8.- John

9.- Jack

10.- Mark

11.- Paul

12.- John

So here, John has the advantage of getting any character he wants in the roster (so he's guaranteed one of his mains), but he's also stuck with the one character nobody wants, which has a high chance of not being a main of his.

Rules will also be 2 out of 3 matches for every round, and you can't use the same character twice in one round, so if one round reaches all three matches, you have to use your three characters.

basically everyone picks Tink before PKL can

and then people go for their mains

edit: and by "everyone" I mean "whoever can" making sense is hard

Edited by Euklyd

16 participants with 3 characters each, and it's exactly as you said. All characters sans Mii Fighters get drafted.

I'm planning that the second and third character will both be chosen in reverse order. Check this example with 4 participants and 12 characters:

1.- John

2.- Paul

3.- Mark

4.- Jack

5.- Jack

6.- Mark

7.- Paul

8.- John

9.- Jack

10.- Mark

11.- Paul

12.- John

So here, John has the advantage of getting any character he wants in the roster (so he's guaranteed one of his mains), but he's also stuck with the one character nobody wants, which has a high chance of not being a main of his.

Rules will also be 2 out of 3 matches for every round, and you can't use the same character twice in one round, so if one round reaches all three matches, you have to use your three characters.

All right, I can stand behind this method.

basically everyone picks Tink before PKL can

and then people go for their mains

edit: and by "everyone" I mean "whoever can" making sense is hard

Here's hoping that if PKL does enter, he's not first pick.

I hope the drafting will be done as soon as we have all players, because I'm probably going to have to learn someone.

Lol, u guys don't have to choose Toon Link just cause PKL uses him. I'm pretty sure he has other characters in his arsenal, or maybe even all of them. Anyways, good luck to you guys, I wasn't able register in time so yeah...

I like using everyone too. I love all the series Smash bros. Presents, like Ganondorf and Dark Pit, even if they are clones.

I think Dorf is at the point to not be considered a clone personally. He plays pretty different from Falcon and their customs are completely different unlike you know those actual clones lol.

I'm currently working through classic and all-star mode with all characters. I may yet find new characters to main.

Characters I have enjoyed using so far (whether they're my "mains" or not) and plan to go deeper with once I've finished classic and all-star with everyone:

Luigi, Peach, Rosaluma, Link, Ganondorf, T-Link, ZSS, Marth, Ike, DDD, Falco, Captain Falcon, Lucina, Sonic.

I haven't used everyone yet though, so this list isn't complete.