Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U Tournament Hub (Please see post #1644)

Ema Skye

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so does smashing live start on friday or saturday? the OP says the 17th (friday) but the post in the topic says the 18th.

EDIT: the challonge page says the 19th too lol.

but seriously if it's on Friday I might have to withdraw

Edited by General Horace

so does smashing live start on friday or saturday? the OP says the 17th (friday) but the post in the topic says the 18th.

EDIT: the challonge page says the 19th too lol.

but seriously if it's on Friday I might have to withdraw

I would assume Friday, since the previous two tournaments, which both had fewer rounds, did manage to stretch out over two days (and in fact UBW isn't even over yet).

I'd imagine that this one, with even more that could go wrong, would have more time allotted to it.

otoh I don't think Jedi would've signed up if it started on a Friday maybe possibly

also p sure the challonge lists the end date doesn't it?

I'd like a Friday start, personally. Because I don't work on weekends, I can generally stay online for longer in order to play against any American opponents I may have. An early start is never a bad thing in my book.

Also, can we open the signups for the draft tournament soon-ish rather than later? Getting 16 people to join is the easy part, but then getting 16 people to draft 3 characters each will probably take anything between 3 days to a week. I want a decent amount of time to get to learn my draft picks before the tournament begins.

Thanks for letting me know about the Smashing Live date. It's been fixed in the challonge signup date.

IF YOU HAVEN'T POSTED YOUR FRIEND CODE FOR SMASHING LIVE YET PLEASE DO SO NOW!

You're going to have about 90 minutes to complete your matches this weekend and so I'm not going to accept a hunt for who is who.

If you are one of the 8 people who hasn't posted it yet, do so within the next 24 hours or you will be removed from the tournament!

With regards to the Draft Tournaent signups, they will be going up once Kiseki's tournament has finished.

Thanks for letting me know about the Smashing Live date. It's been fixed in the challonge signup date.

IF YOU HAVEN'T POSTED YOUR FRIEND CODE FOR SMASHING LIVE YET PLEASE DO SO NOW!

You're going to have about 90 minutes to complete your matches this weekend and so I'm not going to accept a hunt for who is who.

If you are one of the 8 people who hasn't posted it yet, do so within the next 24 hours or you will be removed from the tournament!

With regards to the Draft Tournaent signups, they will be going up once Kiseki's tournament has finished.

is there a place to post your FC on challonge or are you just talking about having it on SF?

Well if its changed to Friday then I can't do my first matches until like 5:40ish PM CT since I work. I could do it during lunch but my opponents would have to be on in those like 30 minutes I could do it.

Here is what is on the original post:

Deadlines:

October 18

11AM PST/ 2PM EST: Tournament Begins

2PM PST / 5PM EST: Round 1 Ends (Winners and Losers)

5PM PST / 8PM EST: Round 2 Ends (Winners and Losers)

8PM PST / 11PM EST: Round 3 Ends (Winners and Losers)

October 19

2PM PST / 5PM EST: Round 4 Ends (Winners and Losers)

5PM PST / 8PM EST: Semifinals Ends (Winners and Losers)

8PM PST / 11PM EST: Finals Ends (Winners and Losers) - Champion is crowned!

@metalsnow: Since you PMed your FC to me, I've added your FC for you. This also goes for anyone who PMed me their entry.

http://challonge.com/SFSmashingLive

If you go here and go to the left and click discussion, you should see a list of people posting their friend codes. Please make sure yours is in there.

i'll also be at work on friday, then am going out for dinner that night, so unless I can sneak my match in after work but before dinner I should be ok since I'm free all of saturday

still want to know the match deadlines

^I was going to handle deadlines that myself if I start a tournament, so that's a good idea, imo.

Speaking of me starting one, I've been heavily considering a Mii tournament. But I'm concerned that not enough people would be interested. It doesn't seem like many of us play with Miis. But I would really love to do it so we can see lots of unique Miis and, well, see whose is the best! lol

Edited by Anacybele

Friday is just going to be extra time if you think you might need it. I'm not imposing any deadlines until Saturday.

Oh then its all good.

Also, how does stage selection work? do you both have to agree on a stage (ie ban until there is one left) or do you both just pick separately and whatever one gets picked is the one you play on.

I should be available from 5pm UK time, which is midday on east coast NA. If anything pops up I'll just leave a message here.

My first opponent is Quintessence. I'll add him now.

I just realised PKSalt isn't in this tournament. We're saved from a predictable finals.

Edited by Raven