Splatoon (Major Update on August 5th/6th, Ver. 2.0.0 Patch Notes Available)

Jave

Next Splatfest is Transformers-Themed  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Autobots Vs. Decepticons?

• Autobots
    • Decepticons

Honestly, I can't figure out why I love this game so much. I haven't had this much playing a video game in a long time.

I really like the speed of the game. You're always doing something. The only time you aren't is if you're waiting your 3-5 seconds to respawn. I hate other shooters (and if anything, Splatoon makes me even less interested in the genre) because so many other shooters involve that standing around waiting game that I find incredibly boring. The idea that killing people isn't the main objective honestly flips the genre on its head and it's such an ingenious way to enhance the gameplay because players are active.

In terms of the cost, the game is getting a lot of free DLC on a regular basis so it's hard to say how much it's really worth. By the end of the summer when the updates finish, I think the $60 price tag will definitely be warranted. But even right now, I'm in love with the little bit of the game I have and I have no regrets. I've played every mode and I really like all of them. Battle Dojo is honestly my favorite of the three modes and I really hope they flesh this mode out because there is so much to work with here. Story mode feels like the weakest of the modes because all of the depth from Turf War and Battle Dojo is gone.

But yeah, if you're apprehensive about getting the game, I know a lot of people are waiting until the updates are done before getting it as it will justify the price tag more. Best thing I can suggest for now is finding someone with the game and give it a whirl.

I just wished those new modes would come out soon. Turf War is fun but those other modes shown in the direct would be nice to play at this point as it is getting a bit repetitive.

Not to mention I feel a lot of the weapons don't suit turf war all that well and the high firing rate weapons and rollers pretty much dominate Turf War. However those other modes that were shown off would at least make those other weapons more viable.

Edited by kingddd

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah. Charger feels like it was made for that Tower Control mode they showed off (meanwhile, Roller looks useless there). Turf War is fun but I really want to be able to try Splat Zones out. Only 2 matches away from Lv.10 though and then I've made my contribution.

Yeah. Charger feels like it was made for that Tower Control mode they showed off (meanwhile, Roller looks useless there). Turf War is fun but I really want to be able to try Splat Zones out. Only 2 matches away from Lv.10 though and then I've made my contribution.

Splat zone looks like the kind of mode where most weapons are viable so I can't wait to try out that. Like most of the weapons offer really awesome killing power but to cover terrain, not so much.

According to the official tumblr, we're halfway to Splat Zones being unlocked. After one day, that's pretty good. Should easily have them by the end of the weekend.

According to the official tumblr, we're halfway to Splat Zones being unlocked. After one day, that's pretty good. Should easily have them by the end of the weekend.

That's awesome. Can't wait.

Anyways I can't stop using the Jr. Loadout it's just so good for turf war but I feel this is also a really huge crutch for me. Most of the time, I can get about 1000+ points with this weapon in Turf War but with other weapons I can only maintain 600+. Not to mention the shield special in that loadout is so good I feel is preventing from gitting gud because I've been relying on it so much for survivability against rollers.

I alternate between Splatershot Jr. and the Krak-on Roller. The supers on both of those are easily the best. Bubbler rocks because it not only shields you, but it shields nearby teammates. Kraken is so good on Arowana Mall and Urchin Underpass because of all the chokepoints you can just blow through as this giant invincible squid. I haven't found any other weapons with the specials but I really hope I do.

And does anyone else find Killer Wail useless? I don't even think it changes the color of the ground.

Yay I just won my first round of Splatoon.

Okay, so I don't actually have the game yet and I'm taking turns playing it with friends who DO have a WiiU. I'm starting with the paint roller because I want to get the hang of the motion controls first, but I do really enjoy it.

And does anyone else find Killer Wail useless? I don't even think it changes the color of the ground.

It's use is to defeat your opponents who get caught in it, not cover the floor.

Yay I just won my first round of Splatoon.

Okay, so I don't actually have the game yet and I'm taking turns playing it with friends who DO have a WiiU. I'm starting with the paint roller because I want to get the hang of the motion controls first, but I do really enjoy it.

The motion controls suck. Like what was Nintendo thinking making this default? A lot of casuals can't even figure out how to turn this off.

The motion controls suck. Like what was Nintendo thinking making this default? A lot of casuals can't even figure out how to turn this off.

Tried the dual analog controls once.

Went back to motion and never looked back.

same thing for me. I was a bit nauseated by the motion controls. Tried turning it off and I literally became a scrub and went back to it immediately after that. It honestly helps a lot to make some of the small precision aiming.

Now if only it had mouse control

Doofina, try to get on Skype if you can.

Also, apparently just hanging out in the "city" part of Splatoon is also fun. My friend was making his squid have a seizure on a park bench.

Just finished the single player campaign and that final boss. THAT FREAKING FINAL BOSS!!! Holy crap the best final boss Nintendo has made in a very very very long time. So much hype and build up. It is so worth playing through just for the final boss.

All other bosses in the single player are crap but that final boss. Wow.

Edited by kingddd

Yeah the Final Boss made Octo Valley feel worth it.

it's such an amazing feeling. Most of the missions were pretty easy to navigate through and then they throw that curveball and the hype was real.

Wow. Just unlocked the Dynamo Roller and it seems insane. Splash damage insta kills. Echolocator was already really good in Custom Splattershot Jr. but on a weapon with this much offensive potential, it seems really good. Sprinklers are also really good on the right stages (if you get one on the ceiling of Urchin Underpass they stay there for a long time).

Not got the game yet, but are you able to set up lobbies with friends, and does it have any local multi?

If it's yes to both I'll probably end up getting it, and end up hoping these guys aren't too prominent when my younger siblings try playing it.

A5yqM0y.jpg[ [

Edited by Mikethfc

Not got the game yet, but are you able to set up lobbies with friends, and does it have any local multi?

If it's yes to both I'll probably end up getting it, and end up hoping these guys aren't too prominent when my younger siblings try playing it.

That's not until the august update for friend lobbies. However you can still join a friend if they're playing a regular match. Currently it has 1 mode which is local multiplayer that's only 1 vs 1. No couch co-op online or anything of that sort.

The things you'll find in miiverse are pretty much nothing but random memes that people have been doing in miiverse for the last two or so years. Can't do much about it.

Edited by kingddd

Since the Splatoon Fan Art Contest is over from four days ago (since no one hasn't replied back about my post about the question for the Splatoon Fan Art Contest Tumblr question), does anyone know that when Nintendo is going to announce the release date about for the Five Winners and show who won on the Contest, I just wanted to clarify it to see if anyone knows about it since I submitted the Fan Artwork for the Contest in the 28th of May so that I can might get a chance to win the game.

Edited by King Marth 64

Just finished the single player campaign and that final boss. THAT FREAKING FINAL BOSS!!! Holy crap the best final boss Nintendo has made in a very very very long time. So much hype and build up. It is so worth playing through just for the final boss.

All other bosses in the single player are crap but that final boss. Wow.

For something else Nintendo has made and their first person shooter game, it outta have a good feeling to it. :D