QOTD 3 ★ Q600: What is your favorite Sanrio character? [With bonus question! Important announcement in the question post on page 370!]

Specta

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lower temperature for me -would- just be a call for more/better layers (I love being able to wear as many layers as possible, before the point where they're more "making me sweat" than "protecting me from coldness." It's like wearing a sleeping bag! The world becomes my pillow!), -but- for the sniffles, dry air, and, yeah, cracked hands kinda stuff that has to be dealt with starting around a-bit-above-freezing temperature. Mostly just because I gotta start wearing -face- layers like scarfs or balaclavas to deal with that stuff, if at all, and those bring their own inconveniences. Plus none of my things in the face covering category are particularly high quality.

When piling layers isn't really an option, probably about... low 50's in a tshirt? Whatever the point is where turtling up inside my shirt becomes a preferable option to not shivering and/or embarrassing myself publicly

I love really cold weather (I'm from the north part of Sweden) and one time the water pipes beneath the pavement where I live broke when the temperature reached -30°C. (-22°F I believe.) So my lower limit would be around that. Basically I wouldn't really want to settle down in a place where the winters doesn't get cold af.

when you start getting close to 0 degrees Fahrenheit

0 degrees Celsius is okay, I like cold a lot but when your doors start freezing shut and you can't leave that's a bit too much

I would take a -30C over a 40C.

(Provided that I have warmth clothes.)

If I don't have anything warmth... I guess below 5C... (My definition of "cold" is anything below 10C)

Below 10C = Cold

11-29C = Mid (20C would be the best)

30C+ = Hot

35C+ = *Opens up the freezer and sleeps inside*

Edited by Naughx

I'm more tolerant to cold than to heat.

In the past three years threre was no single snowy and frozen day (midday) in my area.

Actually I don't have anything against cold, I only can't stand the windchill. It's hard to mention a minimum temperature. I'd say -10°C.

If it's > 30°C, I've already issues to work and to concentrate. Really need a cold shower at least. I also hate tropical nights. Can't sleep well.

The perfect temperature area for me is 23-27°C at midday and about 15°C at night.

Edited by Mister CatTeaDawn

Q590: Do you have anything you do for "luck?"

Any lucky tokens you take with you when you have a big test or something? Particular thing you do?

Edited by Specta

Ya, I sneeze. Then people ask God himself to bless me. I sneeze very frequently, probably at least twice each day. When I die they are gonna send me through the pearly gates in a ducking limo.

Also, I sneeze with my mouth closed about 95% of the time, into my elbow. So I think that makes my sneezes less germ spreading the norm. I bet I'm on god's good list for that. I try I really do.

Edited by Severian

I cross the index and middle fingers of my right hand and fold them into my palm. I know crossing my fingers doesn't do a damn thing, but I continue to do so anyway.

There's a smooth slab of serpentine that's always around my neck on a loop. I feel uneasy if I'm not wearing it outside, and often hold it instinctively. Or, if it's not there, grope blindly at the thin air over my clavicle and mumble unhappily.

Feel a little uneasy about saying 'good luck' rather than 'break a leg', and I'm fairly sure at least once I consciously avoided saying 'Macbeth' while with the production group, but most of the actor superstitions never rubbed off strongly on me.

When it comes to academic stuff I pray to any education god (if any) of Buddhism and hope I pass

As for everything else, I have a lucky cat bell charm that a friend gave to me 10 years ago for good luck

Any lucky tokens you take with you when you have a big test or something? Particular thing you do?

I have this tag from someone's trousers given to me from a scavenger hunt about 10 years or so ago. I still carry it around in my purse. Why? I just do. Its lucky i guess. Maybe its because it was the fact the person was this very lovely Russian gal. /blush

Pray.

I do that too, among other things very similarly related. (rune reading and the like, and hoping beyond hope my hamingja improves. (which is like a personal juju))

Q588: Hate spoilers, but suck at both avoiding them and self-control. Gonna do my best for FE14 tho.

Q589: idk maybe 50°F

Q560: um. Dress up in slightly nicer clothes I like, sometimes put a...trinket(? idk) in my pocket, like a few LEGO pieces or something. Not really anything about luck but it can make me feel better about stuff.

I pray to the deified/personified concept of Justice, but I think my prayer is more a method of meditation than something I do for luck. I'm quite indecisive, so prayer helps me reflect on everything properly and make up my mind, especially when I have a difficult judgement to make. Since justice is a very important concept in my life, the Lady Justice is the natural choice to me for my prayer. When I feel a strong obligation to serve Justice, I wear my fedora, which I've dedicated to Her (again, not something I really do for luck).

Since Justice is technically a goddess, I personally feel like it's kind of selfish to ask Her for a favor (i.e. to ask Her for luck); I feel more of an obligation to serve Her. And I shouldn't even feel the need to ask her for a favor; because Justice is a good thing, just serving Justice is a good thing already. Yeah, I'm weird like that.

Something I actually do for luck: a talisman my godfather gave me for my 18th birthday. You're supposed to shake it for luck, and that's what I do.

Q589: At what temperature does it start to get too cold to you?

i've never experienced temperatures below 10°C

i pray

that's it