hardest bosses?

Xator Nova

i remember that julius can be ORKO'd by loffarl @ gatling bow powered up by a power staff charge

I guess that should work but that setup has a few requirements. I mean, you need to have recruited Lyra, find the Power Staff, have both Loffaru and Lyra in Runan's team and Loffaru needs to have used a Power Tab at some point. (it's not like he is getting the 3 points of Str he needs for the magical 35 atk with his 15% growth) And of course you need to have a Gatling Bow, which I think requires either stealing, a random drop or forging. Edit: Nevermind, it's in one of the chests that you are required to open. I thought chapter 16 was the fort and not the cave. Still, that's definitely something you need to have planned way in advance.

And I would guess that Julius with his massive speed has a good chance to dodge at least one of the Bolts, at which point he would of course restore his life with the Cannan Lance. Assuming 1 point of Skl gives 2 hit and 1 point of lck gives 1 and that my calculations are correct, Loffaru with his base stats and City Fighter would have 57 hit against Julius.

Edited by BrightBow

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fuuuck fe5 Gonzo and fe6 Windam.

Especially Windam.

well, when you've played enough FE, you kinda know how to adapt to every situation that isn't pure and utter bullshit.

And even then, bullshit can be averted quite often. Except for fe6 hitrates

Edited by Captain Britain

Idoun

idoun is easy as fuck actually, roy after a dance is 64 damage already (at least my roy, who only had 1 str proc iirc), the remaining 10 or 16 damage (depending on mode) can be done by doubling her with divine weapons. or did I somehow misread your post?

Eremiah (FE12) is a bitch too with her loloverlapped with other hellish strong enemies meteor tome that hits like thousand trucks and that combined with fog of war. she's very ORKO vulnerable though.

Gomez in FE5 is definitely an ass. He has inflated stats by that point in the game and his extra DEF from throne bonus is a major pain in the neck. Asvel and Light Sword Leif are the only ones that can do heavy damage on him, and even then it's not reliable. (Maybe Fire Sword Fergus too).

Stat-boosting skills (Str +2 and their ilk) influence the secondary unit's stats normally. Unless there's some weird-ass logic that IS implemented regarding how a stat is boosted, tonics should work on a secondary unit, too. That's where I pulled my numbers from. Likewise, Rally Skill and Luck aren't that out-of-the-way; Libra needs four levels to attain it, and Gregor can insta-promote to Bow Knight and get it in five.

Either way, an endgame boss means that you've got a lot of tools available, which is why I don't think they're particularly hard.

Well...I suppose you have a point.

There are other tools available for Grima, namely Anathema/Hex and possibly Rally Spectrum (and maybe Skill). That arguably requires a lot of game knowledge in a casual sense re: which classes get what skill, understanding proc skills not activating on Dual, yet Aura-skills working in the pocket, plus organizing Rescue chains, etc. Tho the (very) hard part is getting all this + the necessary exp/stats, in certain kinds of playthroughs, given how fast paced most of mid/late FE13 can be.

That said, some of the "hardest" bosses are probably unreliable earlygame ones (FE11 H5 earlygame, etc), as in FE you can usually get higher stats through arena, other chapters, or just slower-paced play and routing, killing reinforcements, etc (or otherwise brute force through rng). Tho by another consideration some such stationary bosses aren't very threatening in terms of death/resets, whereas those like Grima/Medeus or other with reinforcements can actually easily cause character deaths.

From where I'm standing, the problem I have with Rally Spectrum is the part where it requires an extended stay in Grandmaster (and personally, I'm not very sure that's in Robin's best interest)... And there's the part where only 3 characters at most can access it, two* of which will need to reclass to get it, and I'd probably be wanting to do something better with Robin and kin than giving up their turn to use Rally. That being said, I actually agree with your second paragraph.

*The two part is referencing Morgan, who, unless you married Chrom or Olivia, would start in whichever class Robin's spouse was initially.

Edited by Levant Caprice

Grandmaster is sorta bulky and hits res so it's not such a terrible class to stay in until lv 15. Whatever rank you build in either sword or time will carry over nicely into what you end with.

I wouldn't say he's hard so much as he's annoying, but Gangrel. He's the fastest thing alive that you've had to face up to that point, for one, and he uses a Levin Sword. Because of this, most of your physical units can't even think of fighting him, as they'll just get creamed by double hits and low Resistance. The cherry on top? He moves if you bait any of the mooks nearby, as will every other mook near him.

Edited by Levant Caprice

Tbh most of the FE6 bosses without Rutger.

And Rude. And Damas. And Idoun.

idoun is easy as fuck actually, roy after a dance is 64 damage already (at least my roy, who only had 1 str proc iirc), the remaining 10 or 16 damage (depending on mode) can be done by doubling her with divine weapons. or did I somehow misread your post?

I'm pretty sure Mastergabe2000 just wanted to point out that Rutger isn't available against all the bosses or is the best unit against them (however he also forgot to read the word "most" in my comment). The first two mentioned bosses appear before Rutger joins and Idoun is laughable easy to beat with Roy's Sealed Sword.

Edited by The Taninator

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="Levant Caprice" data-cid="3538725" data-time="1421123843">Levant Caprice, on 12 Jan 2015 - 11:37 PM, said:<p>I wouldn't say he's hard so much as he's annoying, but Gangrel. He's the fastest thing alive that you've had to face up to that point, for one, and he uses a Levin Sword. Because of this, most of your physical units can't even think of fighting him, as they'll just get creamed by double hits and low Resistance. The cherry on top? He moves if you bait any of the mooks nearby, as will every other mook near him..>_

May I throw FE2 Rudolph into the mix? All his stats except HP and res are higher than any other boss in the game, including the final boss, he has an angel ring which gives him 40 luck and heals him and he has 9 mov as a gold knight which he will use - he's a boss that moves. He starts on a pink tile (equivalent to a fort) which can only be reached by one unit with a bow - you can't cheese him with long-range because his 40 luck means plenty of attacks miss and the pink tile heals him. The only way I know to fight him is to clear the rest of the map, lure him and trap him with 4 units he won't ORKO (a tall order, as he has the speed and strength of any enemy in the game) and pelt him with magic. The guy's scary, if nothing else

Anyone else have any opinions on this one? I haven't played Gaiden but I hear this guy is insane and is only realistically beatable for an unplanned player because he won't attack Alm.

The only time I played FE2 Alm did his best Sigurd impression and was my best unit anyway, so I saw no reason to not kill Rudolph with him, and it's an option to every player to do so, so I wouldn't call him a difficult boss.

Pretty much anybody with the speed ring can tangle with him too, provided they're decently trained. You even have Zeke if you didn't train anyone.

I think you get the super OP magic ring on Alm's route too so you can just nuke him with magic

Edited by General Horace

I wouldn't say he's hard so much as he's annoying, but Gangrel. He's the fastest thing alive that you've had to face up to that point, for one, and he uses a Levin Sword. Because of this, most of your physical units can't even think of fighting him, as they'll just get creamed by double hits and low Resistance. The cherry on top? He moves if you bait any of the mooks nearby, as will every other mook near him.

Sumia/Cordelia make him (and the chapter too) a joke.

I've never had trouble with Gangrel. When I first played, I was super-casual and grinded a lot, and so he wasn't very threatening. And in LTCs, Dark Flier FeMU or Sumia (I've only done LTCs with FeMU) can park themselves on the fort just on the edge of his range and murder Gangrel and the majority of his troops with a forged javelin or Elthunder on Turn 1 enemy phase. Gangrel most likely needs at least one Dual Strike to kill, but pocket Chrom makes that simple enough.

Definitely Priam in Awakening

Those breaker moves are a bitch for direct units and sol and luna is downright dangerous on higher difficulties. Oh and he has a 50 man army armed to the tooth with spectrums galore.

Edited by TacoMan42

Sumia/Cordelia make him (and the chapter too) a joke.

Not sure what you mean by the (and the chapter too) part, given that neither one of them likes facing wyvern riders... Anyways, I generally consider Sumia more reliable for fighting him.

I've never had trouble with Gangrel. When I first played, I was super-casual and grinded a lot, and so he wasn't very threatening. And in LTCs, Dark Flier FeMU or Sumia (I've only done LTCs with FeMU) can park themselves on the fort just on the edge of his range and murder Gangrel and the majority of his troops with a forged javelin or Elthunder on Turn 1 enemy phase. Gangrel most likely needs at least one Dual Strike to kill, but pocket Chrom makes that simple enough.

I also forgot to mention that he has Lucky Seven on anything above Normal, which makes killing him that much more of a pain if you get to him within the first seven turns (though to be fair, you likely won't).

Yeah, Gangrel is pretty easy

I said that he was more annoying than hard...

But people with high movement make him more of a punch line than anything else

And how many of those people would actually want to face him in the first place??? The answer is a number you could count on one hand...

idk, I find Gangrel mildly annoying when I'm raising a more well rounded team rather than doing a draft or something and have like Wyvern Lord Panne with 30 strength or something that just obseletes everything, but if you're actually raising a team to have more than one or two superstars he's pretty much undoubleable, but he's still pretty squishy.

Although unless i'm waiting for the speedwings hero to spawn or something I almost always encounter him while lucky 7's is still up. Doesn't he charge you at some point anyway? I haven't played that chapter without a god unit in a while.

idk, I find Gangrel mildly annoying when I'm raising a more well rounded team rather than doing a draft or something and have like Wyvern Lord Panne with 30 strength or something that just obseletes everything, but if you're actually raising a team to have more than one or two superstars he's pretty much undoubleable, but he's still pretty squishy.

Although unless i'm waiting for the speedwings hero to spawn or something I almost always encounter him while lucky 7's is still up. Doesn't he charge you at some point anyway? I haven't played that chapter without a god unit in a while.

He charges you if you end up in range of any of the fighters, mercs or mages near the forts where he is. And, as stated earlier, they all will come after you as well.

Edited by Levant Caprice

Wait a hero spawns with a speedwings? Sonuvabitch