Duelist Kingdom Mafia [Game Over]

Elieson

Elieson Overslept and was late for Work Votals

Radiant Dragon (1): Prims
Voteless: anyone that is not prims

27.5 hours left in phase. With 6 alive, 4 hammers. No hammer = No Lynch.

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't forget about this game and just didn't post because I couldn't think of anything to post.

I asked if you were a Tracker because you claimed to have seen that Shin targeted you and that was the first role that made sense. Seeing as I had a 1-shot Follow and Town also had a full-Watcher, it didn't seem too suspicious to me that there might have been a full-Tracker as well, but if you turned out to be suspicious I could CC later if necessary. My actions early yesterday were based on self-preservation. I wanted to out the potential scum!Arsonist but I didn't want to die before using my Track. That's why I lied about not having another investigative ability. I only fessed up to having a Track once SB asked me directly what my role last night was when we started coordinating actions - I figured keeping up the charade at that point would only hurt the Town and my credibility.

I don't understand how you being a 1-shot follower with a flipped watcher meant that you believed that I was a tracker when you had a 1-shot track? The scenarios are completely different and I don't see how more info roles ends

If you wanted to use your track, why did you say not to doc you?

The motivate doesn't sway me either way because on Night 3 it's useless regardless of alignment. Town has 3 roles that can actually be motivated and two of them are priority kills anyway, while the third is useless. I don't think we'd ever see Day 5 either without Rapier's BPV getting hit, and they're all info roles so it's likely they'd just get shot during that night anyway.

I want to reread Refa just to check I'm not being too hasty but I'm struggling to motivate myself today so =/

Well yeah, rereading me, but it's not like I'd ever vote myself anyways so you know what I mean

man fuck this game

Rereading Refa makes me realise that he never went for a hard push on anyone until Rapier yesterday. He's just been sort of sat comfortably throwing out townreads which is something he did in Qprogue, and it feels like he's sort of been coasting and didn't really look into Shin that much (which I'm sadly guilty of too but meh) and even after that Shin was outed Refa looked like he was still trying to see if Shin could be saved.

I guess I'd vote here over RD but I'm not confident at all. I'll drop a vote on Shin before I sleep.

man fuck this game

Rereading Refa makes me realise that he never went for a hard push on anyone until Rapier yesterday. He's just been sort of sat comfortably throwing out townreads which is something he did in Qprogue, and it feels like he's sort of been coasting and didn't really look into Shin that much (which I'm sadly guilty of too but meh) and even after that Shin was outed Refa looked like he was still trying to see if Shin could be saved.

I guess I'd vote here over RD but I'm not confident at all. I'll drop a vote on Shin before I sleep.

This is all true, but I'm still town. I'd say my play is more similar to Doomsday Mafia actually. You can see it where I'm super motivated early on but am less motivated as the game progresses (I think that's how I was in Doomsday, but I mean you skim my ISO there yourself). In QProgue I was super motivated the whole way through because uh...I don't remember, usually I'm not as motivated as scum.

Also if this was truly like QProgue, Scum!Me would've pushed RD harder like I pushed for Shin in that game.

It's not about motivation, it's about the fact you haven't really done anything despite massive postcount. Your earlygame was all role based and outing townreads which you seemed to drop without any real explanation.

You had to work for the Shin push in Qprogue too, whereas you wouldn't need to work as hard for RD here.

##Vote: Shin

PLEASE SHOOT ME TONIGHT MR MAFLORD I WANT TO SCREAM IN THE GRAVEYARD ABOUT HOW OBVIOUS THE SCUM IS INSTEAD OF FLAILING BACK AND FORTH AS A LIVING PLAYER FOR ONCE

It's not about motivation, it's about the fact you haven't really done anything despite massive postcount. Your earlygame was all role based and outing townreads which you seemed to drop without any real explanation.

You had to work for the Shin push in Qprogue too, whereas you wouldn't need to work as hard for RD here.

##Vote: Shin

PLEASE SHOOT ME TONIGHT MR MAFLORD I WANT TO SCREAM IN THE GRAVEYARD ABOUT HOW OBVIOUS THE SCUM IS INSTEAD OF FLAILING BACK AND FORTH AS A LIVING PLAYER FOR ONCE

My earlygame wasn't rolebased at all? I'm pretty sure I didn't even talk about roles until D2. OK, tell me which townreads I dropped and I'll be able to tell you why I did so. If I was scum, I would have at least stuck to my stance of hardpushing RD/Shin or at least voting one of the two. There would be no reason for me to even think about lynching Prims (I know the counterargument is going to be "yeah but you dropped that quickly" but that's because what Prims said made sense) as scum when it'd make me look bad (especially since I said I was townreading him). I dunno, I'm not really too bothered by being scumread due to being lackluster (even though I did try, but whatever), but there's no way you're right about the QProgue comparisons because my motivation (and I don't mean like, the amount of effort I'm putting in, but like town/scum motivation sort of thing) is completely different.

Also does Shin's role work on himself? Not sure if I can vote him without him self hammering or not. Also scum won't shoot you unless RD was lying about his motivate (since Bluedoom is more clear and hasn't stated if he'd rather lynch me/RD, so he's more of a wildcard).

At least I'll be able to say I told you so when the game ends

Marthipan, you should post your thoughts. I mean, you were my scumbuddy in QProgue, so you should have a better idea than anyone what my play was like there (well except me I guess lol)!

Baldrick, you should give your thoughts too. You haven't spoken since D1, I'm starting to think that you've been active lurking. This is scummy as fuck, not sure why we haven't decided to lynch you yet.

I meant that there was a lot of time spent talking about your role. The main reads I remember are me, RD and Shin. You said that RD was probably scum right before deadline on D1 and that you'd give the reasoning the day after but when it turned out to be just that he didn't post near deadline you could've easily posted it then. You also announced townreads on Shin and I D1 and then when D2 rolled around we were suddenly the only players you'd consider lynching without an explanation of where the townreads went.

I meant that there was a lot of time spent talking about your role. The main reads I remember are me, RD and Shin. You said that RD was probably scum right before deadline on D1 and that you'd give the reasoning the day after but when it turned out to be just that he didn't post near deadline you could've easily posted it then. You also announced townreads on Shin and I D1 and then when D2 rolled around we were suddenly the only players you'd consider lynching without an explanation of where the townreads went.

Yeah, because he disappeared near deadline without giving an explanation. I probably could've said it that day yeah, but does it matter? Honestly, I didn't even read through the game that night or any night. Also I already explained my reason for retracting my townreads on you and Shin. Everyone else on the town wagon made more sense as town. It's perfectly logical to assume that scum was on a town wagon on D1, no?

Not really related, but it's kind of funny that I didn't read through the game on N1 because I specifically asked Elieson to extend the night phase so I'd have time to read but then I didn't do it anyways lol sorry Elieson.

I don't understand how you being a 1-shot follower with a flipped watcher meant that you believed that I was a tracker when you had a 1-shot track? The scenarios are completely different and I don't see how more info roles ends

If you wanted to use your track, why did you say not to doc you?

The motivate doesn't sway me either way because on Night 3 it's useless regardless of alignment. Town has 3 roles that can actually be motivated and two of them are priority kills anyway, while the third is useless. I don't think we'd ever see Day 5 either without Rapier's BPV getting hit, and they're all info roles so it's likely they'd just get shot during that night anyway.

It's not like I was "Oh, SB's a Tracker, that's cool." - I was more like "SB, are you really a Tracker?". You claimed and cleared it up two minutes later so I didn't say anything. I didn't CC immediately because I was trying not to get shot at this point.

It was just more of me trying to not get shot. By saying I wasn't worth protecting I was hoping scum would decide I wasn't worth shooting either.

Believe me, I've already let Elie know what I think about the usefulness of my Motivate. Still, if it can help add some validity to my claim going into LYLO then at least it did something.

I don't want to use the 'If I were Mafia' argument, but Tracker is a terrible scum!claim, since it's easy for Town to prove and impossible for scum to fake.

RD, while you're on, why does Prims make more sense as scum than me?

I don't remember saying he does? I'm pretty sure at this point that the scum team is you+Shin, but I'm not 100% sure so I'd rather lynch Shin first. If I said different earlier it was probably because I was thinking that you'd be the scum team with the worst vote power ever. Then again, Shin's Hammerer ability seems to be so easy to work around (he just has to a vote down) it might as well not exist.

Honestly, I never got why people said Shin and I couldn't be scum together because of our roles because Shin's role doesn't reduce his vote power. I just kind of ignored it because although it was a dumb reason, the conclusion was still right.

I don't want to use the 'If I were Mafia' argument, but Tracker is a terrible scum!claim, since it's easy for Town to prove and impossible for scum to fake.

It'd be incredibly easy for you to fake. Even if you didn't say you tracked Dandragon (and possibly maybe killed him as well), you could just say you tracked me and I did nothing, which would be easy to know if you were scum (although i guess I'd be proven as a not roleblocker if you did, so maybe you'd do something else or you actually have a track but just didn't use it). Argh, this is why I asked if we could lynch Shin on D2 before Mitsuki was like "no I primed him it'd be a waste don't lynch Shin lynch Refa instead" aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Fuck me.

Elieson Is really hungry Votals

Shin (2): Radiant Dragon, SB.
Radiant Dragon (1): Prims
Voteless: Refa, Shin, Bluedoom

20 hours 40 left in phase. With 6 alive, 4 hammers. No hammer = No Lynch.
Edited by Sara.