Duelist Kingdom Mafia [Game Over]

Elieson

You're a conditional Bulletproof and that's it? Do you have any other abilities? The reason I ask is because it seems weird that Town would have two conditional Bulletproofs, and Prims claims to be one + Bodyguard.

I'd be okay with lynching any of the non-SB passive claims today, mostly because I've got a sneaking suspicion that Refa and Rapier are both hiding parts of their roles from us, seeing how they compare to the other roles that have been claimed. Shin would fall into this camp as well, but I think it's better to just let Mitsuki('s slot) to burn him tonight.

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure what to make of that claim. Would like Prims to give his thoughts on it since I think it conflicts with his claim but I'm not sure because I don't really understand Prims claim TBH. Maybe it's just for protection from the arsonist or something. I'm just happy that he didn't claim hijacker, otherwise he couldn't make sense as scumbuddies with Shin and I'd be lost. So since noone has claimed hijacker, either the hijacker is scum (if they exist) or Shin is (if they don't exist).

You're a conditional Bulletproof and that's it? Do you have any other abilities? The reason I ask is because it seems weird that Town would have two conditional Bulletproofs, and Prims claims to be one + Bodyguard.

I'd be okay with lynching any of the non-SB passive claims today, mostly because I've got a sneaking suspicion that Refa and Rapier are both hiding parts of their roles from us, seeing how they compare to the other roles that have been claimed. Shin would fall into this camp as well, but I think it's better to just let Mitsuki('s slot) to burn him tonight.

No offense, but that's not very good reasoning for lynching me. Like yeah, I don't agree with Mitsuki's read on me (...obviously), but at least she had a read. Like for example, Poly get lynched for having a useless role in CYOR (you weren't there, I know, but a lot of people here were) despite noone actually scumreading him. And from my point of view, it's kind of frustrating to be scumread for things that are entirely out of my control. If you really think I'm hiding a part of my role, then you could always track me.

I considered that, but you could always just idle tonight now that you know I have it and can't use it after tonight.

To be fair, I'd be far more comfortable with lynching Rapier than you, but there are parts of your play that I'm kind of suspicious of besides your role. Like, you have a lot of posts but you've been extremely passive about pushing other players the entire game. A lot of your content has been role- or setup-spec, but you haven't commented as much about the players themselves as one would expect.

Then again, this whole phase has basically been a bunch of setup-spec so I might be being a bit unfair in my observations here.

- Dandragon seems town who is motivated and pursuing cases with conviction but then their motivation suddenly drops for some reason. He'll say something about Baldrick/me afterwards I guess, otherwise I should reconsider. But nah, he feels townie.

(note: it makes no sense for him to comment on Baldrick and I anymore)

Motivation isn't so much a problem as is distraction.

All I can reaily say about you and Baldrick was that I was wrong.

I considered that, but you could always just idle tonight now that you know I have it and can't use it after tonight.

To be fair, I'd be far more comfortable with lynching Rapier than you, but there are parts of your play that I'm kind of suspicious of besides your role. Like, you have a lot of posts but you've been extremely passive about pushing other players the entire game. A lot of your content has been role- or setup-spec, but you haven't commented as much about the players themselves as one would expect.

Then again, this whole phase has basically been a bunch of setup-spec so I might be being a bit unfair in my observations here.

That's true (WRT role/setupspec), but that's just because I've already analyzed most of the players and can't derive scum intent from their actual play. Take Shin, for example. Even knowing he's probably scum, the only thing that made me comfortable with him exploding was his role. I couldn't read Technosuke and haven't really gotten much out of Rapier as well. Like I can agree that my reads haven't been great or amazing (you know you've fucked up when you're townreading 90% of the players off of play), but I'm still doing my best to scumhunt despite that.

Also yeah, fair enough regarding your Track. That was based on if we lynched Scum!Shin today, since I'd be forced to act as scum.

I think Rapier's claim can be in the set-up at the same time as mine - again, there's a situation in which my BPV will not work, I just don't want to claim it so scum doesn't know how to get around my role.

Elieson's Morning Votals

Shin (1): SB.

Mitsuki (1): Shin

Refa (1): Mitsuki

Voteless: Refa, Radiant Dragon, Rapier, prims, Dandragon

With 8 alive, 5 hammers. No hammer = no lynch.

25 hours and 45 minutes remain in phase

Edited by Sara.

You guys all suck at posting even more than I do. Anyways, going to check out Tech/Rapier's content, I suppose. Not going to hold Tech's lack of activity against him because according to Mitsuki, he didn't even know the game started for like forever (and honestly, that's kind of how I am sometimes with offsite games). His first post doesn't really say anything, moving on. Just noticed he was rhyming since then haha, I never realized that.

His next post features a gut town read on me (but it's based on role, so how can it be a gut read? whatever, nitpicking), a scum read on Baldrick (which he never votes Baldrick on, in fact has his slot ever made a vote at all? very strange...), a Mitsuki defense (nothing wrong here), and a gut scum read on Shin. To be honest, I don't really have any problems with this post; like, it seems really wishy washy (like he's not sure about any of his reads) but I guess that can just be chalked up to being a total n00b fukkin rekt m8 (nah seriously though, you know what I mean).

Fuck, he called himself a n00b. He later changes his Shin read to a town read, which would be fine but his reasoning is suspect...and by suspect, I mean it makes no fucking sense. Then he became too busy to play the game, obviously scum subbing out...or just some dude subbing out because he's busy I GUESS.

Rapier, mess doesn't rhyme with ass, just saying. I don't have any issues with him townreading him for his initial posts, but I don't like how he specifically brought up that he was scumreading Town!Shin in the last game they played? Like, that'd make me rethink my read (an example would probably be when Fantasy Mafia ended and SB was the scums, I specifically reread him in SFMM4 with that in mind). I don't really have any issues with his other reads in the quote block, but they're all like super dated. I'm not sure he'd do that as scum, but I guess Shin is probably away too often to give Rapier a primer on what's happened so far (uh...assuming Rapier is scum). The only dude he seems to have issues with are SB and Prims, and while being wrong isn't a crime, he's well wrong. Probably.

So yeah, I actually did not get much out of them ISOs. It was not worth it. I wasted my time. Anyways, he's the person I'd most want lynched today. If he flips town, then RD can track SB. Therefore, if I was scum, then everyone else would be clear (assuming they were telling the truths about their roles) and I'd be fucked. I mean, this plan can theoretically work if I get lynched and Rapier does not, but I'd prefer not to get mislynched twice in a row (it'd be a pretty bad habit). Either way, we should definitely lynch between me/Rapier today since everyone else can clear themselves on SB.

I dunno, my inevitable explosion kinda makes it hard for me to form content, but I'll do my best to get a content post out sometime today.

Bluedoom subs in for Mitsuki

12 hours remain in phase. Votals are unchanged from 3 posts ago.

But yeah I'm hesistating on Rapier because RHYMING BULLETPROOF doesn't seem like something you'd make up as scum and Tech kept up the rhyming too if you check up on it.

I'm not sure who I would actually lynch instead though? Mafia is hard.

I agree that the rhyming PR is a fakeclaim...uh, is not a fakeclaim words are hard. It's just that I'm hesitant to lynch people who can be cleared by tomorrow (Radiant Dragon, Dandragon, Prims). I mean, RD claimed before you did, but Dandragon and Prims claimed afterwords and as scum I'd imagine it'd be suicide to do so unless those are their actual roles (and they'd be pretty bad scum roles). Also at this point I'm more inclined to believe a BPV claim is scum because there's no way that town actually needs one in this setup (uh unless Mitsuki is scum, I guess).

Man, I always get nervous when Baldrick's reading this thread. "HOW COULD YOU NOT SEE THAT THEY WERE CLEARLY OBVIOUS SCUM AND SCUMSLIPPED YOU SCRUBS SHOULD HAVE LISTENED TO ME"

Man, I always get nervous when Baldrick's reading this thread. "HOW COULD YOU NOT SEE THAT THEY WERE CLEARLY OBVIOUS SCUM AND SCUMSLIPPED YOU SCRUBS SHOULD HAVE LISTENED TO ME"

You forgot to add In America

I can see the PR thing as a fake but I'm not sure about the BPV being given one since Prims also claimed to have a BPV? It seems pretty shitty to say HERE'S YOUR FAKECLAIM WILL GET YOU CCED BY ANOTHER PLAYER from a mod perspective.

It could be that really Rapier is a Ninja or something that only activates with the rhyme stuff though I guess. That'd sort of make sense with the setup?

Roles are hard. But mafia is harder so whatever.

Well, considering Prims said that he could see his role working with Rapier's, I don't think it's a direct CC. Yeah, Rapier could be lying about his claim, too, but if he was would he really pick BPV? Although I can't think of too many other passive roles that he could've picked, I guess.

My thoughts are like, he has an actual role and the BPV modifier by rhyming is just another part. It would be dickish to screw scum out of their role just because they didn't follow their PR, and the BPV would only be useful against Mitsuki anyways.