Jurassic Heart Appreciation Society

Parrhesia

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(This should be a good topic)

The best way, as in... What makes the most sense and hopefully works out for all parties involved?

...'cause I dunno that those exist, it all seems highly dependent on the parties involved. Their relative levels of emotional security/maturity...

In an ideal world, people could be just straight up about it, no awkwardness from either party, but stating how they feel about the other person in a calm reasoned manner... And if the other person doesn't share the same feelings then its cool.

But hell, emotions, adrenaline, mixed signals screw things up all the time... Especially if you either have not been in a relationship either before or in a while... But best way to do it regardless is to not be super desperate for it to work out and play it cool, but that is damn hard sometimes.

Edited by TheErrantShepherd

Three S's: subtle, swift, smooth.

I've found that the worst thing you can ever do is make a big deal about it. (Especially if the person has relationship experience and you don't) Grand gestures are for marriage, waiting for the "perfect" moment is just an excuse for your brain to procrastinate. Also, don't look desperate or pitiful, this is the worst thing to do.

A lot of people compare confession to tearing off a band-aid, it'll hurt painfully for a split second (if she says no) but you'll feel better afterword. But in truth, the band-aid only exists because you create it in your head, with practice and the right mind-set, you'll realize there was never a band-aid in the first place.

In short:

DON'T: "I've had my eyes on you for the longest time, ______, will you go out with me?

DO: "Do you have plans this weekend? [optional witty/flirty comment insert here]"

Ask them out on a date. And stuff.

Three S's: subtle, swift, smooth.

In short:

DON'T: "I've had my eyes on you for the longest time, ______, will you go out with me?

DO: "Do you have plans this weekend? [optional witty/flirty comment insert here]"

So much this. Bad idea to confess before hanging out in some sort of fashion/going on casual date.

surprise buttsecks

I think a letter (not a text that's trashy af) confessing your feelings is the best way and can help avoid awkward situations.

...I dunno, that seems like it could lead to more awkward situations to me... But I guess depends?

Edited by TheErrantShepherd

By posting about it on SF, then casually mentioning the thread to them. Worked for me every time I've tried.

surprise buttsecks

I think a letter (not a text that's trashy af) confessing your feelings is the best way and can help avoid awkward situations.

lol what this is stupid.

this would have made a great qotd. gonna jump on the ask her out wagon. being playful can help seal the deal too. but dont be disappointed if the first date doesnt go right, or if she doesnt like you after that. there is a wall between the two of you, and persisting is whittling. keep in mind that there is a fine line between persistence and stalking, so know when to quit. easier said than done i guess haha

lol what this is stupid.

this would have made a great qotd.

actually this is right

(both things. it is a great qotd and letter-flirting is stupid.)

i will contact specta

I should add that this question was inspired by real events in my current life but I'm not actually using this as an advice thread, jesus.

Edited by Parrhesia

Tell them outright. Confidence is important. Dragging it out due to being afraid of rejection has ended in disaster for everyone I've known.

Edited by Makaze

Tell them outright. Confidence is important. Dragging it out due to being afraid of rejection has ended in disaster for everyone I've known.

Man, why'd you have to be so. . .sensible? :P:

Dragging it out also leaves doubt in the other person's mind. This is great, if you want to start a dysfunctional relationship.

Man, why'd you have to be so. . .sensible? :P:

Dragging it out also leaves doubt in the other person's mind. This is great, if you want to start a dysfunctional relationship.

I'm sorry. I meant don't tell them until after you've killed the competition.

Experience is the best teacher.

yes I'm sure you guys are all love gurus

surprise buttsecks

surprise buttsecks

out of curiosity have you actually done this?

I think that they're giving you a bit of a hard time because you forgot to mention that the letter should be composed with construction paper alphabet and signed with your name as an anagram for maximum effect.

I think that they're giving you a bit of a hard time because you forgot to mention that the letter should be composed with construction paper alphabet and signed with your name as an anagram for maximum effect.

this is true

also dot your is with lovehearts

Be direct, some people just don't get it otherwise. If you do go for a letter, use letters from magazine clippings and sign it in your own blood.