Dot.hack//The World:R1 Mafia(Game thread)

Shinori

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno. I never knew this to be the truth, and I'm pretty sure Shinori would've told me by now... Via why? ;_________; (...andhowwouldyouknowthis? <- better question imo, Lol)

(I forgot SB was in this game actually fuck)

Now I know how Boron feels >:

Going back to read on from after the Terra shot. I'm not actually sure if scum would care about bussing here since Blitz was Lynchproof but it's worth looking at anyway? Mafia is hard.

##Unvote

okay let's not actually do that

uhhhhh I'll read thread later but for now I'm kinda leaning Rapier/maybe Eury?

I dunno. I never knew this to be the truth, and I'm pretty sure Shinori would've told me by now... Via why? ;_________; (...andhowwouldyouknowthis? <- better question imo, Lol)

Yeaaaahhh I realised that when I looked at my post and facedesked.

I'm town tho guys why so pessimistic

Weapons by "obvtown" do you mean basically clear town like kirsche? Because yeah i k ow im not clear lmao. But If not, do you think im town or scum then? What about when paper called himself obvtown?

Not clear, but very town based on play alone. This is really more out of caution than anything, since declaring someone town early and then not really thinking about it later loses games. I do think you're town though. And obviously Paper must be obvtown if he says so.

Weapons why did you vote blitz over rapier?

At some point I started paying attention to the other wagons and in particular read what Poly said about Blitz, read Blitz's iso for a bit, and felt pretty confident that Poly was right. I kind of had some reservations about Rapier, and was also a little bored of voting him.

Anyways, after this I can like, actually ISO some people...fun? Dude, I don't even know anymore. Probably going to limit myself to ISOing Blitz, Eurykins, Rapier, and just skim other peoples' ISO's so I can see what their interactions with Blitz have been (but not really talking about their other content). Them's the breaks, but if you want me to look at someone else, I can like probably oblige...begrudgingly.

Paper why do you think weapons is town for the swing vote? There is still no explanation for why he voted blitz over rapier.

Dude, but why do you think he would like, vote Blitz over Rapier as scum? Makes no sense to this guy, man.

I would be up for a Rapier or Eury lynch rn. If there is lynchproof scum, I'm expecting more setup weirdness. I feel like Eury is having a much harder time posting than she would as town.

I got the impression that Eury's posting had nothing to do with her alignment, seeing as how she could have easily cranked out a wall post by now as scum.

why [does scum have a rolecop]?

had

in my defense i was asleep

your opinion was that i'm a god and should never be lynched even when i get caught in a really bad gambit. :awesome:

also boring cricket talk that makes no sense to a 'murican.

anyways functioning off of three hours of sleep, so kinda stupid atm and nothing really happened since i went to sleep.

Dude, because I'm like totally part of the mafia and one of my buddies is the Rolecop and I asked the mods "Can you modconfirm that this dude here is the Mafia Rolecop?" and can you believe what they said? "No, he may not be the Rolecop after all, stay tuned for incoming mod errors." You can't trust anything nowadays. Seriously though, the answer should be like, totally obvious, so you should like figure it out for yourself.

I'm actually super confident in this now
##Vote: Eury
I will explain when I get back but tl;dr before I do, I don't like the way she handled her comments on the "slapfight" between me and blitz d1, felt distancey and it even took prodding fro me tuntil she clarified what her reads on me/blitz were since before she just kinda handwaved it before she specifically said she thought we were town/town without really going in depth on why besides "I have experience"

Weapons by "obvtown" do you mean basically clear town like kirsche? Because yeah i k ow im not clear lmao. But If not, do you think im town or scum then? What about when paper called himself obvtown?

Dude, something about this bothers me. Like, I don't have any issues with your point itself, but...I don't get how you can be super confident in a scumread from that one point. Please explain (I know you later cased Eury's later content, which I'm like not even going to talk about because I'm already ISOing her so there's like no way I'm going to read her posts twice but like you seemed confidant based on this one point alone).

Paper calling himself obvious town is like, totally meaningless man. I myself am Innocent Child (#RefaDidNothingWrong), but for some bizarre reason the mods refuse to confirm it on thread despite my repeating badgering.

so why are people voting rapier again? it feels like everyone kinda threw away their rapier votes yesterday to vote blitz after the counterclaim thing was revealed to be a mistake and now people are just kinda defaulting back to him again today without explaining them. I don't think his ed1 play was good and was scummy but I'm behind on his later stuff, I voted him at the end of the day because my reads were shit and was mostly going for consolidation, then when blitz became a thing jumped back on that because I felt better about it.

so like what do you guys think about what happened yesterday, why do you think rapier is scum

since right now I don't think he is anymore

Why do you not feel Rapier is scum anymore, dude? It like, doesn't even logically follow from what you just said.

I got the feeling that scum ended up budding blitz since he had a dp but honestly if that wasn't the case it'd be very hard to get info from blitz interactions.

Fair enough, dude. I was townreading Weapons' myself moreso because of his content and the dude like, said things that I couldn't see scum saying IIRC (citation needed)? Should probably check interactions though.

With a mason, miller and a godfather flip, I doubt there's a cop in the setup and these roles were there just to troll with us.

WHAT IF TERRADOR WAS DEATH GODFATHER!!!!!????

Do you find that you have an easier time keeping up with the thread/making posts as town than scum? Do you prefer to play town or scum?

This honestly depends on how much IRL time/effort I choose to put into a game, and the overall amount of drive pushing me. All in all, I don't find myself having an easier time as either alignment (I still digest/have to respond to the same amount of content, I feel), and I don't really harbor a preference of town/scum rolling- both are fun in their own rights, as well as has their own challenges.

Ok my life is going to shit can't post again tonight. Just here to say that you should continue playing as normal for NOC because I see no votes and lots of joke posts for some reason. Obligatory reminder that the mason should contact me and everyone else should tell me who they targeted, what Quote told you and if anything funny happened.

Hello, jerks. 56 pages in the middle of D2 is mind-bogglingly terrible, and I'm tempted to lynch the worst offenders so I don't have to read so much in the future. In other words, my reads will begin now, and ONLY if I need to read backwards will I do so.

According to my role PM, kirsche has my claim. Also, no one loves me.

Apparently my scum game isn't that bad if people still think I might not be town. Also let's be real, if I was SK I woulda shot kirsche after Proto's flip since it fails on all non-town #sosick

I read through Via's iso and I still don't really see how she could be scum, sorry. She seems too laid back. I'll reread Eury later when I get back

There are too many fucking posts.

Well that's true doesn't that fact also apply to you. It was throw up between you, Baldrick and Terra at the time. I would have a guess there is one scum amongst the three of you.

Randa, I don't think you ever explained this? Why was it unlikely that all the D1 wagons were likely town?

But yeah the most significant thing I got from it was Rapier on Rapier. I don't like how quickly he pounced on Baldrick yesterday when he became a viable wagon? He basically hadn't said anything about the slot before and then didn't really care to look into alternative wagons? There's also a weird thing he posts about Blitz which is basically "why is he scummy" and then when Poly posted why he completely ignored it, so it looks like he never intended to vote Blitz in the first place? It's like he just wanted to consolidate on a lynch and not have to think about it too much.

Want to reread Marth/Paper/Refa too because they felt like non-presences at deadline to me (although Paper is probably the least guilty of this) and tended dismissed Blitz's lynch kinda quickly.

Want to reread Marth/Paper/Refa too because they felt like non-presences at deadline to me (although Paper is probably the least guilty of this) and tended dismissed Blitz's lynch kinda quickly.

Dude, what do you think you're doing? You can't slander my "refreshing like a spring breeze" image that easily, you know. Hold that thought for now, I'm going to consult Blitz's ISO, alright?

[spoiler=Blitz]

Dude, I don't see his ED1 interactions with Bizz as like, maflord vi britannia maflord. He'd have like, pretty much ignored Bizz as scum because he'd know that their vote on him was meaningless (or at least like, not paid as much attention to it). The same can be said for the dude's later interactions with Poly, so...yeah. That's a thing, bro. After that, he has a pretty waffly townread on me, not sure what to make of that (I don't think it's like buddying since it was super early on and he rarely mentioned me ever again). I'm going to have to like read Refa's ISO, because that's totally distancing du...wait, forget I said anything. Anyways, the dude never explained his Marth townread which bothers me, since it came across as pretty lazy. Honestly, his Rapier interactions read as distancing to me. Like, he defended some of Rapier's content but then complained about other parts without ever having a definite read on the dude (like, the first part isn't really worth anything on its own but there was no reason for Blitz to be so...inconclusive); more telling is that he made an empty unvote over voting Rapier (who I'm pretty sure was one of the only other wagons he claimed to have issues with, because I don't really see any mentions of Baldrick and he was like "better ISO SB but not now because I am lazy and don't feel bad about it because I am also scum duh"). Also he voted Rapier at phase end, which was obviously pointless since there was no way Rapier was going to be lynched over him with his claim.

Now I'm going to check with other peoples' interactions with Blitz, okay dudes?

[spoiler=Other The People]

Paperblade- So he complains about Poly's Blitz push early on (which is fine, it really was super forced...), but then like never followed up on it? Paper, explain your reasoning there. Like, I dunno bro, if I had the same reads, it'd make me more hesitant to lynch Blitz myself.

Marthipan- Dude, I don't think he'd tie himself down to Blitz as much as scum. Like, I've been scum with him before, and he's always been somewhat...bus happy (and considering Blitz was a DPV, I figure that would make him more inclined to bus as the prospect of Blitz getting lynched increased, not less). Also bias but I still like, completely agree with his reasons for not voting Blitz at the time so it doesn't bother me at all, man.

Weapons- So early on, he defended Blitz, and actually had the dude as a townread in his reads post (even saying that he'd rather lynch Rapier over Blitz). Like, his voteswitch just came out of nowhere. Poly was pretty much blindly tunneling in on Blitz at the time, so I don't get what about his reasoning was very sheep worthy. I dunno, it just seems like you didn't actually think about it. My only issue here is that I'm more confident about Rapier than you, and the two of you really don't make sense as scumbuddies (like, even just going by your actions). Mafia sucks, dude.

SB- Man, fuck reading SB's interactions. After asking Blitz a question early on, he kind of ignored the dude until Blitz made his huge post (this isn't like, bad, because Blitz didn't really have any content until then...in retrospect, ignored is probably really poor phrasing but I don't even give a fuck so just roll with it). His reasoning for voting Blitz over Baldrick is actually legit, and I figure if he was scum he'd just 1) hardbus Blitz and not like, waffle on him at all or 2) Sleep before revoting Blitz (the dude basically did the same thing in MLP Mafia which like, totally rekt Prims).

Baldrick- So his first post on Blitz is uh...saying he had nothing on Blitz beforehand (which is fair, since uh neither did I...heh). His only issue with Blitz was something minor, so I can get why he voted Rapier over Blitz? Other than that, I agree with what Broke Back Mountain said about him (that he wouldn't tie himself so hard to Blitz when Blitz had a DPV).

Bizz- Yeah, I already talked about their early interactions, so let's skip past that. Bizz's kind of lazy Blitz vote makes sense from their explanation and like, even ignoring that, doesn't read as a bus to me? Like I'd expect scum to make a similar vote, so it's moreso based on their tone than the actual content.

BBM- Honestly, I'm getting nothing here. Like on one hand the dude consistently pushed for Blitz as soon as he subbed in, but he did the exact same damn thing in SMT (except for longer even) and it's making me really paranoid. His content after Blitz flipped read as genuine though (and I'm not sure if he'd actually say that he wasn't going to push Blitz today as scum), so...mreh. I like waffles, bro.

Polydeuces- Blitz's interactions with Poly are pretty good (as in, Poly makes more sense as town from them), but I feel like I'm the only one who thinks Poly's interactions are pretty bad. It reminds me of SF3 where he tunneled on me because well we told him too. Like, I don't see why Town!Poly would be so confident in his case based purely on RVS content and not even reconsider it ever. I mean, he basically repeated his case a bunch of times but it never felt like it got updated which is weird. Only thing that makes me less sure here is that I don't see him saying "okay it's 1 AM and I can't really content well at this point but I HAVE NEVER FELT SO GOOD ABOUT BEING RIGHT ABOUT A SCUMREAD OMFG" as scum, so maybe I'm just annoyed that he's been a lot harder to read in this game than usual.

Rapier- Early on, he mentions that he doesn't understand why Blitz was defensive which is uh...fair enough. He kind of defends Blitz, but honestly there's nothing about Rapier's side of the interactions that bother me. It's Blitz's side that's way more telling...

Lord Gaius- The dude namedropped Blitz quite a bit, but never actually mentioned him? Later asks why we're voting Blitz and even said he wanted to give Blitz a chance to talk, but then was comfortable with quickhammering the dude anyways? His explanation afterwords doesn't really hold up anymore because like, he never actually bothered to analyze Blitz despite saying that he was focused on Baldrick/Blitz because they were the two primary lynch candidates which is pretty bad.

Randa- Had a nullread on Blitz's early content, which again makes sense (how the fuck did people actually get reads out of that). So, he was later hesitant about lynching Blitz because he wanted the dude to output more content (this is after Blitz's only actual post of the day, the other ones were like totally imaginary, dude), which is weird (if he was scum, then he probably wouldn't make an effort to output more content) but I can understand where Randa is coming from (that's how I felt a lot in some of my earlier games). His voteswitch to Rapier made sense, but there's something that confuses me. Why didn't you push Rapier harder over Blitz if you felt stronger about Rapier, dude? Also, why is there a scum between Baldrick and SB? Need these answers before I can come to a definite conclusion here.

Green Poet- Basically had the same townie slapfighting impression as Eurykins, funnily enough. Then she uh...never mentioned him again, OK...this is more understandable because she wasn't around for the end of the phase, IIRC? Going to 180 here though and say that her later comments aren't really that telling, since in retrospect they're the sort of things that can be easily faked.

Eurykins- Earlier on, Eurykins townread both Blitz and Bizz (heh) because their interactions were similar to hers in Code Geass (which is understandable). Again, I can definitely understand the null read there. After that uh...nothing else. OK, I don't really get how Bizz got any sort of associative read at all here, actually. I'll like, read the rest of your content later, Ms. Wallposter Dude. I've already put like, way too much time into this post as is.

##Vote: Rapier

- On sleep reflection, Paper seems to be otherwise similar to Code Geass (wish I could OC grill him) and apparently he's not playing to his scum meta so w/e.

- Eury looks alright to me, explained herself well. Randa case is legit enough, probably my second-best read by default. I don't think he's Rapier's buddy, though.

- Bizz should explain what they meant by fluff when they get back. FYI, I only switched off Rapier after Blitz claimed DP, to prevent an accidental NL.

@Eclipse; please read D1 and give me a detailed explanation of what you think what time did Hugh send a message (unless there's some other way for him to get his claim out)

Dudes should stop lurking and start posting because it's like a million times more entertaining to analyze and respond to posts in the present then to go back and ISO people.