Do you want the Tactician Class to return?

Jedi

Now, I know people are quite mixed on Robin, but what about his/her class? Maybe change up the skills as well, but overall I thought the concept of the class was awesome, a sword wielding mage like the Mage-Fighter class of old.

I honestly hope some character in this game ends up using this class. Maybe have some plot significance towards Kamui, or be the major player for the yet unknown 3rd faction.

ditch tactician entirely for mage fighter, imo

tactician is an okay gimmick but only as a like, tactician

it's extremely single-purpose and specific

keep ignis I guess but veteran and rally spectrum are kind of extreme

tbh I'd rather have a special snowflake mage manakete class anyways :^)

ditch tactician entirely for mage fighter, imo

tactician is an okay gimmick but only as a like, tactician

it's extremely single-purpose and specific

keep ignis I guess but veteran and rally spectrum are kind of extreme

tbh I'd rather have a special snowflake mage manakete class anyways :^)

Haha, I just love tacticians in war-time games, i'm a strategist so.. :P. Yeah something more akin to mage-fighter would be cool now that you mention it.

I see Kamui getting rally spectrum as his/her class exclusive skill, seeing as a Prince(ess) needs to inspire their troops. Ignis should be the Mage-Fighter skill I agree.

Edited by Jedi

Yes. Yes. A thousand times, yes.

Using Swords and Magic really sets the Tactician class apart from practically every other infantry unit in Awakening. Easy to adapt to a situation on the fly.

And, in my opinion, the Tactician (and Grandmaster) class was far more useful in Awakening than the Mage Fighter was in Genealogy. In Genealogy, if a unit used magic, they didn't really need anything else. I don't think Tinny ever used the sword I gave her...

I would love to have characters like Malledus or August join your party as a tactician. I hope this game introduces a Zhuge Liang type of character in that class.

Given how it looks like Dark Knight is returning, I'm rather indifferent about Tactician/Mage Fighter returning. It would be neat if they came back, but I wouldn't be sad if they weren't there.

I would love to have characters like Malledus or August join your party as a tactician. I hope this game introduces a Zhuge Liang type of character in that class.

You just became my favorite poster in this thread.

Since I doubt the main unit would be a Tactician it'd be interesting if each side had a royal Tactician who would fill the role.

That would be pretty cool yeah.

Given how it looks like Dark Knight is returning, I'm rather indifferent about Tactician/Mage Fighter returning. It would be neat if they came back, but I wouldn't be sad if they weren't there.

I just really like the aesthetic the Tactician class has haha.

Yes. Yes. A thousand times, yes.

Using Swords and Magic really sets the Tactician class apart from practically every other infantry unit in Awakening. Easy to adapt to a situation on the fly.

And, in my opinion, the Tactician (and Grandmaster) class was far more useful in Awakening than the Mage Fighter was in Genealogy. In Genealogy, if a unit used magic, they didn't really need anything else. I don't think Tinny ever used the sword I gave her...

how much would a tactician with Tinny's stat distribution use a sword either tho

(magic is still better than other weapons in fe13 generally, so)

tactician makes very little sense from a narrative standpoint because if Kamui is a self-insert (or avatar or whatever), and you control their actions, and you control everyone else's actions, it makes no sense to have some other character be a "tactician"

I mean I guess you could argue for like, "advisor," filling a position similar to Nils / Hannah in FE7, but even that seems kinda dubious

a mage fighter that was basically a re-flavored tactician (so without the OP skills) seems like the ideal choice

See, I liked the class, I thought it was unique and really well done, the visuals were on point, wasn't dreadfully overpowered, but there was one problem: it was only accessable to Robin and Morgan. That makes it so much less awesome. It just feels wrong that they were the only ones who were able to become that class...So to answer the question, I want the tacticitan class to return, but only if it's not exclusive to particular characters. With that said I don't expect to see it make a return.

Edited by Rawkstar

I like the weapon combo but I agree that Mage Fighter as a class name would be better-purposed for more general usage esp if reclass returns and characters that have no business being tacticians storywise could access a class that uses swords and tomes on foot

Ehh... I think the tactician class is better back at FE13. It was a class designed simply for Robin, a man/woman who used swords and sorcery with tactics to help guide his army to victory, as was part of his/her character. If they ever include fighting tacticians again, they can just be in normal classes, much like Tellius' Soren, who served as the tactician for the Greil Mercenaries while being identified as a mage.

personally i don't think so from a mini maxing viewpoint, you'd almost never want to stay in that line up because the caps weren't super great, and its almost always better to specialize then to be spread out, this includes the weapons of choice.

it has good skills, but you can always class change once you got them.

I don't see why people are so hung up on the idea of a tactician class character needing to be the literal tactician of the group. Does it bother you that mercenaries aren't bought with gold? It's just a class name. I like the design of Awakenings tactician a lot and Anima/Sword is a cool combo for an infantry unit.

I don't mind, as a Mage-Fighter or something.

I didn't loved that much the Tactician class, why should there be one in If ? We already have the Dark Lord for a main character class.

It doesn't necessarily have to be called "tactician", but I like the combination of swords and magic on a foot unit. So, I wouldn't mind if a class using the same weapons that tactician did and is also on foot returned.

I do like a sword magic foot unit. But i have trouble seeing a tactician variant fitting in with the factions class dynamic, like thieves vs archers. We might get a grandmaster equivalent though, maybe counter part to dark knight, maybe?

I just don't see it fitting without it being a story-related thing, and I think it would be a little odd to play as the Lord and have a tactician player character telling you what to do? I feel like if this were likely we would have had characters other than Robin/Morgan who had access to the class.

Hopefully Ignis and rallyspec come back though :)

I am very fond of the Tactician class, but I also agree that its place was with Awakening. but what if they made a DLC or something that allowed you to transfer your Avatar from awakening? they could also bring Chrom, and maybe Lucinia into the game. then you could have the Tactician class but still not have it affect the story.

I'd like to have a sword+anima unit(also because dark nights might be getting dark magic).However Tactician would be very out of place. Come on IS, we got Mage Knights back, now give us Mage Fighters!

Probably not. It didnt really excel majorly in anything. Everything was just too balanced, not my style. Though if they could bring back ignis and/or rally spectrum, that would make my day :D

I think they should bring it back, although tweaking its skills to make it even more support based, giving boosts to other units around it. That would keep its "tactician" role in a way even if it isn't commanding the army.

I just don't see it fitting without it being a story-related thing, and I think it would be a little odd to play as the Lord and have a tactician player character telling you what to do? I feel like if this were likely we would have had characters other than Robin/Morgan who had access to the class.

Robin's other children also could class change to it, also any of the bonus characters. Apotheosis Katarina was a grandmaster by default too.

Edited by NeonZ