Fire Emblem Awakening DLC Mafia [ Game Over ]

Elieson

Snike's activity was relatively good, even if he was busy. I did what I could, as well. However, two people does not the entire town make.

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@kirsche that might be too harsh let me rephrase it.

Snike forgot to turn up D5, in LYUL. His activity was relatively good and that says something about the town activity. It's a team effort, you're only as strong as the lease active player.

[2:03:57 AM] Manix: that feeling when snike is more on point than the rest of the town but no one will read his posts since they are walls

While he gets credit for voting scum in LYLO, his posting style where you can't tell who or what he's replying to is objectively terrible. Worse than Eury's walls because she actually provides links and shit.

Edited by Baldrick

As I said, this game should've ended in UL.

I don't see why considering that mafia deserved the win and town didn't. The only ones that got screwed over were the players who replaced in for town into a LyLo situation where they put effort in and played effectively, but any mistake meant losing.

Didn't mafia unintentionally not send in a kill on N1 after a D1 scum lynch? I don't think any faction that's that incompetent deserves to win.

Strawman was busy with graduation stuff and Shinori was sick iirc? The intent was clearly there in the skype chat but it just didn't get sent in because Strawman suggested the kill and had to dash out 30 seconds later.

IMO orders from players of any alignment should always be taken by the mods, even if it's by Skype/QT instead of PM.

Even if mafia had apathy NK'd once, town apathy NL'd twice and the lynch is more important to town than the night kill is to scum.

kirsche, you had some valid points on me (inconsistent reads on D5) and some less so (Baldrick is lurking because I am taking my time to post like I do every game I play). There is a reason for that, which I am not comfortable sharing on a public forum. Attacking me on a personal note like that was not OK.

EDIT: Not saying it was your intention to upset me, but that's what happened. There's really no reason to go after personal quirks and the like.

the reasons you marked as d), were you saving them for postgame or something?

Sorry that you took it personally but I'm still going to take taking too long to post as scummy, not for you particularly but in general, because scum tend to be more thorough about their posts whereas town's are more spontaneous. It wasn't the main reason I thought you were scum though (bad FFM interactions, poor PB push etc etc) also you made perfect sense as a scumbuddy to both Snike and Shinori (not so much Snike after you declared him probably scum though). I had nothing outside of that but I was hardpushing so we could wifom the kill better (trying to manipulate you to kill me or manipulate someone else to keep me alive if I'm wrong).

Edited by Executive kirsche

Fair enough. But be aware scum thorough/town spontaneous isn't a fundamental law of the universe or anything.

Did you mean not so much Shinori?

I wanted very badly to kill you, but I daren't because it would make blitz suspicious, especially since shinori's flip would make you look worse.

That sure was a game! Town kinda did themselves in, but truth be told, scum deserved to win slightly more than everyone deserved a universal loss.

@kirsche; oh, then I'm glad you obliged me by voting him. :)

@shin; you were excellent. I don't know how scum never got caught on the kill, they made some fairly obvious shots.

Didn't mafia unintentionally not send in a kill on N1 after a D1 scum lynch? I don't think any faction that's that incompetent deserves to win.

I think you're missing the point of what winning means. There's nothing saying the winner has to play well. They just have to do a bit better or get a bit luckier than the losers.

^Yeah, that.

I think you're missing the point of what winning means. There's nothing saying the winner has to play well. They just have to do a bit better or get a bit luckier than the losers.

There's also a difference between winning and saying that the faction deserved to win (e.g. all of a scumteam could get modkilled, but that doesn't mean town deserved to win in that scenario).

Edited by Refa

well, would you say scum or town played better? Scum didn't exactly set the world on fire, but I can't see anything they did on the level of the makaze lynch.

Scum played way better, honestly. Like after what you/SB said, I agree that scum deserved to win in this game. I just reject the notion that the winner always deserved to win.

Apologies if I'm a bit irate, I just came off a 15 day workweek.

The obvious solution is don't be inactive. If town let scum get away with not posting, that's not the fault of the game design. Snike and Paperblade's attitude in particular is unforgivable. If you don't want to play, don't sign up, or modkill yourself and save us the trouble (I'm serious, if Makaze had modkilled himself on D2 you guys would have had an extra mislynch to play with).

If he modkilled himself D2, town would be even more screwed as we'd probably get hit with another sanction (equalize the advantage). If you're talking about D3, I still don't see how I'm at fault there for staying on the wagon that I believed in while I had to go to work, as I thought one of paper/shinori would've hammered. Keep in mind shinori was there for deadline, and I didn't think he was scum at the time.

If you're talking about D5, I already said that I played bad that day, however, I didn't really think there was much to talk about? I mean yes I missed the last 4 hours of the phase, but at the same time look at the content of that day prior. I didn't think anything was going to happen by deadline, and so I decided to go do something else with my siblings.

-cut by reading the next baldrick post

OK, so D5. Once again I conceded that I missed late D5, however again I didn't think anything was going to come from it, especially since there had been very little in the 76 hours beforehand.

RE: Walls: It's actually really easy to read if you go open a tab from my latest post prior to wall, then read them side by side, going down. It's in chronological order, so it's easier than when some people jump around in walls. I'll include post #'s in the future, but I try not to do walls because I hate them.

That being said, good game.

[1:33:42 AM] Manix: i just realized that i haven't had my complaint about the setup yet

[1:33:46 AM] Manix: brb making post

my one real complaint is that scum could basically ignore tracker/watcher by using the daykill. i get that scum could only nokill once but still scum doesn't need that advantage with nerfed tracker/watcher

edit:

[1:37:52 AM] Manix: @elie: also i mentioned to sb as well that dayvig was an out of place claim in the massclaim situation

Edited by Curly Brace

the tracker/watcher weren't really nerfed - i considered them as basically one investigative role split across 2-3 players with the backup factored in that would take a while to kill off. i can kind of see your point about the daykill dodging them but i don't think they were nerfed much.

i also dont think the dayvig was out of place considering how hard can you nerf a vig without making it completely useless (and if shinori really wanted he could've claimed to be an activist vig or something considering it necessitated a no kill night phase to get the role anyway)

the tracker/watcher weren't really nerfed - i considered them as basically one investigative role split across 2-3 players with the backup factored in that would take a while to kill off. i can kind of see your point about the daykill dodging them but i don't think they were nerfed much.

i also dont think the dayvig was out of place considering how hard can you nerf a vig without making it completely useless (and if shinori really wanted he could've claimed to be an activist vig or something considering it necessitated a no kill night phase to get the role anyway)

yeah, I didn't think info role was nerfed

but, iunno about dayvig not being out of place. If Shinori claimed he would get Dayvig after maf no kills, he would have to be scum, since no kill won't help scum in most scenarios