Famitsu 21st May Digital Issue Out Now

VincentASM

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the translation. Also, is Galeforce confirmed to return yet? A part of me wants to see it go given how integral Aqua is as a songstress. Maybe unique to her so she can perform twice.

We know a whole lot of nothing about skills outside of like a couple basic ones from Awakening being back, Res +2, Luck +4, Demoiselle off the top of my head.

Two thoughts:

• Since they are analogous to the shurikens, might these "Hidden Weapons" just be throwing knives or kunai (which is a more ninja-y throwing knife)? Have we seen any pictures of them yet?

• It seems we're calling Rinka/Linca's class "Oni," but the knaji for her class is 鬼人. Only the first kanji is pronounced Oni. The two together don't have a meaning or pronunciation, but there is a character (from Touhou) named 鬼人 which is pronounced Kijin. The first kanji means Demon and the second means Person. That can be a specific type of Japanese demon or just a demon/monster in general, but usually the specific type. Her necklace of large, round beads and her horned headdress both reflect the imagery of the Oni in Japanese culture. Based on the class name, I wonder if she is supposed to be half-human, half-oni or something like that. Or perhaps it's some sort of berserker-type class.

I considered the fact that she was a special class, but it still doesn't really answer the question of what incentive their is to use Sakura over Felicia.

And like you said, it doesn't address why she has 3 skills.

Because Sakura gets a bow upon promotion

Two thoughts:

• Since they are analogous to the shurikens, might these "Hidden Weapons" just be throwing knives or kunai (which is a more ninja-y throwing knife)? Have we seen any pictures of them yet?

You can see her weapon here, the image is a bit small though.

There are some really bizarre map sprites in this image. I wonder what kind of classes are those. Nosferatu?

E6aATaS.jpg

Those look like the weird trees from the trailer, so it could be the chapter where you first encounter the Nosferatu.

What's more bizarre is that those appear to be playable...

EDIT: The one on the right kinda looks like Elise, I have no idea about the one on the left though.

Edited by Ryo

Two thoughts:

• It seems we're calling Rinka/Linca's class "Oni," but the knaji for her class is 鬼人. Only the first kanji is pronounced Oni. The two together don't have a meaning or pronunciation, but there is a character (from Touhou) named 鬼人 which is pronounced Kijin. The first kanji means Demon and the second means Person. That can be a specific type of Japanese demon or just a demon/monster in general, but usually the specific type. Her necklace of large, round beads and her horned headdress both reflect the imagery of the Oni in Japanese culture. Based on the class name, I wonder if she is supposed to be half-human, half-oni or something like that. Or perhaps it's some sort of berserker-type class.

I came across the kijin thing, too, and I wonder if it's a pun on 鬼神 (kijin or more commonly kishin), which are fierce gods--not oni-gods, but rather gods that are as destructive/wrathful as oni. Along those lines, kijin would presumably be fierce people.

You can see her weapon here, the image is a bit small though.

That looks more like a short sword or a long dagger, but in the other screenshot it's clearly been thrown (and from what we've heard they're 1-2 range weapons).

I came across the kijin thing, too, and I wonder if it's a pun on 鬼神 (kijin or more commonly kishin), which are fierce gods--not oni-gods, but rather gods that are as destructive/wrathful as oni. Along those lines, kijin would presumably be fierce people.

Oh, cool. I looked into this a little more and 鬼神 are "monsters" that are invisible to normal people and are the spirits of the deceased who have been given superhuman abilities. The word also has many other meanings in Chinese, which is where it comes to Japanese from, but it's really only the "monster"/bakemono/youkai meaning that exists in Japanese. source

Also the funny thing is; dual games didn't upset me, phoenix mode didn't bother me, but no unique weapon icons? That's actually getting to me.

Yeah, me too XD I don't give a damn about the removal of weapon durability, but the fact that there are no unique weapon icons made me furious. Guess I'm weird like that XDD

THANKS FOR THE TRANSLATIONS! Putting it INTO the image itself was a stroke of genius, even if it looks like it took a lot of work!

That blonde guy is either going to be absolutely awesome or utterly infuriating. Also when can I marry Suzukaze (that is the green-haired ninja's name, right?)?

Hands off, he's mine if I go the Nohr route! :P:

I wonder if Kamui's inability to use dragon stones is plot related...I have a hard time seeing what else it could be.

This wouldn't surprise me at all.

---

Perhaps what worries me the most about this new info is the fact that IS is bombarding us with staff users. Are they trying to tell us something?

Also, give the pose, color scheme, and a bit of history, I think Oboro's a girl.

There are some really bizarre map sprites in this image. I wonder what kind of classes are those. Nosferatu?

E6aATaS.jpg

I can hardly see, but I thought this was the Nohr decision chapter since there's a bridge, a river, and the ground is the same. Elise you say though?

... Yes I think can see it. But we had a better image didn't we?

Edit: No longer exists. Well, that's nice.

Edited by Cysx

I would definitely say Suzukaze has best design, but then I saw the unnecessary boob window(which all of the other ninjas have too). Still the best-looking out of the others so far though.

this game's Sorceress design might be actually worse than Awakening's because exposed skin(but then again it might be because of the text).

Edited by singularity

What's more bizarre is that those appear to be playable...

EDIT: The one on the right kinda looks like Elise, I have no idea about the one on the left though.

Wrong.

The right one is Leon.

The left one appears to be a new character on Nohr side.