Famitsu 21st May Digital Issue Out Now

VincentASM

Here is the part of page one dealing with the weapon triangle. I'll start on the interview on the left part of the screen

CONTROL THE BATTLE’S OUTCOME

Weapon Affinity Has Completely Changed from the Usual

In this work’s battles, weapons like swords, lances and axes have ‘affinities.’ These ‘affinities’ mean that if you attack with a weapon that has an advantage over the weapon that the enemy wields, a variety of effects can occur, such as it becomes easier to land a hit, and the damage increases. Each weapon’s ‘affinities’ are displayed to the right. Traditionally, the weapon triangle and the magic triangle were completely separate, but this time magic is covered in the regular one.

(Caption of Tsubaki v. Clan Soldier)

Against an enemy wielding a katana (a weapon equivalent to a sword), if you attack with a naginata (a weapon equivalent to a lance) that has a good affinity against swords , the special advantages will go to work, and the enemy’s characteristics will decrease. It is always important to be conscious of the weapon’s properties.

If you can dodge an enemy’s attack, then the damage you receive becomes zero. Depending on the way you fight, might it be possible to defeat all the enemies without receiving any damage?

(Caption of Tsubaki v. Archer)

Apart from the advantages of the weapon triangle, some weapons gain a boost in power against certain enemy soldier types. Bows display tremendous power against flying units.

If you don’t check the weapons your enemies are holding, your units could receive a lot more damage than you thought they would and could get killed! Unpreparedness is one’s greatest enemy!

Tsubaki’s death quote: Completely…my…loss…I can’t hear anymore…and yet... (Note: Unless it's a girl uses 'ore', Tsubaki is a guy.)

If you attack with a critical weapon, the damage amount will be in green!

(Bottom quote coming from Kamui sprite)

Think about the weapon properties when you fight! That is the best part of the FE series!!

Great work! I'm almost done with the transcript of Page 4, and already did 2 and 3! So once you get that interview done, I'll be able to put it on the page. Great help, thanks!

And I was going to point out the "ore" too, but I know some girls use it to emphasize masculinity but can still be female. xD

Edited by Kirokan

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's less of an interview and more of a conversation... (and a demonstration that Famitsu knows the Fire Emblem fandom really well)

Introducing the country’s citienry:

Male Kamui head: Dedeo: Citizen number one. A 40-year old who still has a full-on frat boy personality. Naturally, he’ll be starting the game with Nohr on classic hard mode.

Female Kamui head: Ribuikuton (?): Citizen number two. She (?) really likes women that wield swords. In this game, she wants to have her party filled with female sword-users

Guy: At last, a new segment! In this segment, we will be releasing the latest information about FE If every week until it is released!

Girl: Since last week, the new elements that have been released to the public have caused the series fans to water at the mouth. They’re really energetic about this!

Guy: Oh yeah. They’re talking about the fact that, normally when you think of the FE series, you know that the weapons can’t last forever, but this time, the number of uses for each weapon has become endless. Also, about how weapon properties are slightly different from traditionally.

Girl: So, that means, you can use whichever weapon you want as much as you want? Isn’t that "yabai'? (probably means bad here)

Guy: But, it seems like there will be ‘demerits’ if you use weapons with a high power? Things might get interesting when you have to think about which weapon to choose for each situation.

Girl: In the past, using a special type of weapon would seem pretty wasteful, but now I guess you can use them without really thinking about it or getting nervous.

Guy: Yep, and new weapons will also make an appearance. Like the ‘hidden weapons’ that maids use…

Girl: Um, maids will make an appearance? Let me see the details, right now!!

It's less of an interview and more of a conversation... (and a demonstration that Famitsu knows the Fire Emblem fandom really well)

Introducing the country’s citienry:

Male Kamui head: Dedeo: Citizen number one. A 40-year old who still has a full-on frat boy personality. Naturally, he’ll be starting the game with Nohr on classic hard mode.

Female Kamui head: Ribuikuton (?): Citizen number two. She (?) really likes women that wield swords. In this game, she wants to have her party filled with female sword-users

Guy: At last, a new segment! In this segment, we will be releasing the latest information about FE If every week until it is released!

Girl: Since last week, the new elements that have been released to the public have caused the series fans to water at the mouth. They’re really energetic about this!

Guy: Oh yeah. They’re talking about the fact that, normally when you think of the FE series, you know that the weapons can’t last forever, but this time, the number of uses for each weapon has become endless. Also, about how weapon properties are slightly different from traditionally.

Girl: So, that means, you can use whichever weapon you want as much as you want? Isn’t that "yabai'? (probably means bad here)

Guy: But, it seems like there will be ‘demerits’ if you use weapons with a high power? Things might get interesting when you have to think about which weapon to choose for each situation.

Girl: In the past, using a special type of weapon would seem pretty wasteful, but now I guess you can use them without really thinking about it or getting nervous.

Guy: Yep, and new weapons will also make an appearance. Like the ‘hidden weapons’ that maids use…

Girl: Um, maids will make an appearance? Let me see the details, right now!!

That's what I figured, and was the main reason I skipped page 1. xD Thanks again! I finished the transcript and so am running through pages 2-4. I'll give you the transcript for page 2 if you want to help on that too!

You may notice a few asterisks here and there, that was just a quick substitute to come back and look up said kanji later. There shouldn't be many, so hopefully translates smoothly. It's in a text dump format, and may be hard to keep track of which is to what caption.

ファイアーエムブレムIFはこんなゲーム

攻陣、防陣という、味方と協力して敵と戦うシステムも新**。より戦略性が高まる!!

ファイエーエムブレムIF HOSHIDO・NOHR以下FEIFは、人気シムレーションRPGシリーズ最近作。本作ではHOSHIDO/N

OHR、ふたつのパッケージが発売され、それぞれ異なる物語が展開する。パッケージによって主人公の所*する軍が異なるほか、味

方になるキャラクターなどが大きく変化するのが特徴だ。

今週の軍略 間接攻撃

戦闘では、基本的にはマップ上で*接した敵ユニットに対して攻撃を行えるが、弓、魔道書、手槍など、1マス*れた敵を一方的に

攻撃できる’間接攻撃’が可能な武器もあるぞ。本作初登場の’手裏剣’と’暗器;は、近接攻撃と間接攻撃の両方が可能だ。

反撃を受けずに攻撃できる優*な武器

武器の使用回数は無制限!つまり使い放題!!

従来のシリーズ作では、武器を使用するたび使用回数が減り、ゼロになるとその武器は消滅していたが、本作では武器の使用回数

が**。際限なく使えるようになった。高威力・高性能の武器になるほど、ユニットの能力低下などのデメリットが大きくなるため、武器

の相性に加え、どの武器を装備させて戦わせるかという戦略性が楽しめる。魔法を使うための魔道書も同様に使用回数はないが、

HPを回復させる村などは、使用回数が*けられているぞ。

^使用回数がなくなった代わりに、武器ごとに細かな性能差が登場。威力の高い武器ほどデメリットも大きくなる?

^青銅の剣よりも命中率が低いが、威力は高い。デメリットが少ない*準的な性能だ。

^鉄の剣より強い。しかし、一度の攻撃で2回ダメージめー時を与える’追撃’がしづらい。

^威力と命中率に優れた武器だが、敵を攻撃した後、力と*の数値が下ってしまう。

^必ず2回連続攻撃ができる強力な武器。しかし、装備中は受けるダメージが増える。

^威力が低く、確率で大ダメージを与える必殺も出せないが、必殺回*率か上がる。

杖の表示には残り回数が!

<味方をサポートする’杖’と呼ばれるカテゴリーの装備だけは、使用回数が存在するぞ。

どの武器を持つか?どの武器で攻撃するか?戦略に悩むの楽しいところ!!

次ページでは新たな兵種と武器を解説!!>

Not really worth posting a new thread for this, I think, but here's something I missed:

Nohrian siblings from Dengeki

Blurry, but slightly better look at the character artwork : )

EDIT

[spoiler=You know what]http://serenesforest.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/famitsu2105-1.jpg

http://serenesforest.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/famitsu2105-2.jpg

http://serenesforest.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/famitsu2105-3.jpg

http://serenesforest.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/famitsu2105-4.jpg

(Don't credit Serenes Forest for them.)

EDIT2

dengeki2005-2.png

Linca (Oni) and Sakura (Priestess)

Hmmm. Looking at Linca, I think S supports may be coming back after all. In awakening I remember units blushing in the viewing screen if they were paired with their spouse.

Hmmm. Looking at Linca, I think S supports may be coming back after all. In awakening I remember units blushing in the viewing screen if they were paired with their spouse.

Looks more like face paint to me, it's also on her battle model

While S-Rank supports are still not entirely out of the picture, I believe those red "blush" signs are just her warrior face paint.

So are Onis the fighter of IF?

They seem to be, at least, the equivalent of Fighters for the Hoshido side. There is a fighter-esque unit with blonde hair on Nohr's side, but we see his promoted class as Brave Hero, so his base class is still up in the air.

Edited by BlizzardWolf95

What in blazes does that mean? That we don't need to worry about breaking anymore, or that weapons are god tier, Especially after announcing the debuffs, I want to think about weapons. I really hope that just applies to durability and system is in no way less complex than what's been announced. You're making progress IS, let's keep it that way.

They seem to be, at least, the equivalent of Fighters for the Hoshido side. There is a fighter-esque unit with blonde hair on Nohr's side, but we see his promoted class as Brave Hero, so his base class is still up in the air.

Awakening Fighters could promote to Heroes. I think it's pretty clear.

Does anyone else notice that when Felicia is finishing of a axefighter with a knife that he has no counter-attack

Does that mean knifes also ave the niche of not being able to be countered

What in blazes does that mean? That we don't need to worry about breaking anymore, or that weapons are god tier, Especially after announcing the debuffs, I want to think about weapons. I really hope that just applies to durability and system is in no way less complex than what's been announced. You're making progress IS, let's keep it that way.

You don't have to worry about them breaking is the intent there. A lot of players never used the higher rank or legendary weapons for fear of breaking them and needing them later in the game. FE6 and FE8 are pretty bad about that. So they're saying now you can use those weapons without worrying about breaking them. That's all that's there in that statement.

I think you need to quit reading so much into every little statement, because every other thing is like the end of the world with you.

Does anyone else notice that when Felicia is finishing of a axefighter with a knife that he has no counter-attack

Felicia is 2 squares away when she's attacking. That's why he isn't countering.

Edited by Philranger

Awakening Fighters could promote to Heroes. I think it's pretty clear.

^ but that means reclassing might be back.... Ah run for your lives it's so horrible jk or they are doing a thracia and fighter promote into it but yeah it is pretty clear form map sprites and his art that his base class is most likely fighter.

Concealed weapons seem to have 1-2 range. Suzukaze is fighting another shinobi from 2 spaces away in a screenshot.

Page 2 - This would be less messy if I could figure out how to put spoiler tags...

FIRE EMBLEM IF IS THIS KIND OF GAME:

Fire Emblem If White Kingdom/ Black Kingdom (hereafter Fire Emblem If) is the latest release of the popular simulation RPG series. In this release, two games, White Kingdom and Black Kingdom will be released, with each developing a different story. Depending on the game, the army the main character affiliates with, and the characters that become allies, will greatly differ.

(Caption of Linka supporting Felicia)

A system with new ways of cooperating with your allies called “Attack Stance” and “Defense Stance” is also new ?挌戢? More tactical situations will arise!

THIS WEEK’S STRATEGY: INDIRECT ATTACKS

During battle, units with basic weapons can attack enemies that are in adjoining spaces on the map, but for bows, magic tomes, and javelins, among others, it is possible to attack an enemy one square away without them counterattacking. Making their debut in this game, shurikens and ‘dark vessels’ can attack both up close and one square away.

“Superior Weapons that can attack without getting counterattacked”

EVEN MORE WEAPON CHANGES!! (Maids are now here too!!)

Weapon usage has been eliminated! In other words, you can go crazy with whichever weapon you want to use!

In traditional games in the series, the number of times you could use a weapon was limited and if the number reached zero, the weapon would disappear. In this game, weapons can be used indefinitely. High powered weapons, if used, will result in ‘demerits’ that will decrease your units’ ability among other things, so adding to the weapon’s internal abilities, the player can enjoy trying to figure out the best weapon to equip. While magical tomes are similarly limitless in uses, things that heal HP like staves are still limited.

(Top Left Caption) – In place of weapon usage, the weapon will make small changes to your stats. Powerful weapons may go so far as to decrease your stats.

(Sakura Caption) – Since this is in the category marked as ‘staves,’ there is a limit on the uses of this weapon. (The staff indicates how many uses are left!)

(Top Right Caption) – (Bronze Sword) The power is low, and the ability to inflict criticals has disappeared, but the ability to receive critical hits has decreased.

(Note: The weapon abilities from left to right: strength, accuracy, critical, avoid, range)

(Bottom Left Caption) - (Iron Sword) Although the accuracy rate is lower than a bronze sword, the power is higher. The decreases are very small, so it’s a pretty standard weapon.

(Next Caption) – (Steel Sword) Strong compared to the iron sword. But, attacking twice in one turn (Pursuit) is hard to do.

(Next Caption) – (Silver Sword) The power and accuracy are excellent, but after the enemy attacks, your strength and skill will decrease.

(Far Right Caption) – (Brave Sword) A powerful weapon that can always attack twice. But, the damage you receive will go up while you have it equipped.

Kamui quote: Which weapon will you wield? Which weapon will you attack with? It’s fun to worry about these kinds of tactics.

Concealed weapons seem to have 1-2 range. Suzukaze is fighting another shinobi from 2 spaces away in a screenshot.

If you look at felicia though she is adjaacent to the axefighter and he has no counter-attack

If you look at felicia though she is adjaacent to the axefighter and he has no counter-attack

No she's not. She's standing behind Linca, who is adjacent to the fighter.

felicia-battle1-300x179.jpg

Things that heal HP like staves are still limited.

I guess this confirms Vulnerary's/Elixrs/Pure Water etc. do still break. They mention staves as a method of HP gain, which makes me wonder if only healing staves are in the game. Probably looking too far into it.

During battle, units with basic weapons can attack enemies that are in adjoining spaces on the map, but for bows, magic tomes, and javelins, among others, it is possible to attack an enemy one square away without them counterattacking.

Sounds like contrary to the rumours, Javelins, Hand Axes and maybe even Levin Swords are returning, despite the presence of the ranged triangle. Interesting.

I'm rather surprised at the lack of mentioning of the Killer Weapons and Moreso the Dragonstones given the lack of DS rank in today's info.

Fire Emblem If White Kingdom/ Black Kingdom (hereafter Fire Emblem If) is the latest release of the popular simulation RPG series.

Just to add on this, moreso for the lurkers, I've seen confusion regarding the term "Simulation RPG" with some Western gamers confusing the term with things such as VNs and Simulation Games. This is not the case, Simulation RPGs is the Japanese name for what we refer to as Strategy or Tactical RPGs. I know most people here know that, but I've seen confusion directed at said claim by visitors here.

I guess this confirms Vulnerary's/Elixrs/Pure Water etc. do still break. They mention staves as a method of HP gain, which makes me wonder if only healing staves are in the game. Probably looking too far into it.

Sounds like contrary to the rumours, Javelins, Hand Axes and maybe even Levin Swords are returning, despite the presence of the ranged triangle. Interesting.

I'm rather surprised at the lack of mentioning of the Killer Weapons and Moreso the Dragonstones given the lack of DS rank in today's info.

Just to add on this, moreso for the lurkers, I've seen confusion regarding the term "Simulation RPG" with some Western gamers confusing the term with things such as VNs and Simulation Games. This is not the case, Simulation RPGs is the Japanese name for what we refer to as Strategy or Tactical RPGs. I know most people here know that, but I've seen confusion directed at said claim by visitors here.

Especially since many over on this side of the Pacific seem to view "Simulation" and "Strategy" as two different genres.

Simulation being games like Harvest Moon or Persona, and strategy like Final Fantasy Tactics or whatever.

So Vince just recently updated the OP with the Nohr siblings, and I noticed something about the lot (them being Camilla, Marx, Leon, Eliza).

They are all knights. Camilla is...Lebanon Knight??? Marx a Paladin, Leon I believe a Dark Knight, and Eliza a Rod Knight.