Worst Axfighter I ever remember

So is there any infinite farming of stat boosts like in Awakening, in cases of rng FUCKAGE?

The only FE games with such a system are Sacred Stones and Awakening...and I'm not actually sure if you can get infinite stat boosters in Sacred Stones, but you can grind.

dondon151 has this great 0% growths run that you can probably refer to if you get stuck, though.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only FE games with such a system are Sacred Stones and Awakening...and I'm not actually sure if you can get infinite stat boosters in Sacred Stones, but you can grind.

dondon151 has this great 0% growths run that you can probably refer to if you get stuck, though.

you can in fe8 iirc. Skirmishes and whatnot have low random chances of item drops, and the postgame has secret shops.

you can in fe8 iirc. Skirmishes and whatnot have low random chances of item drops, and the postgame has secret shops.

Ya, and if you don't get the member's card during the main plot, I'm pretty sure you'll be unable to access the secret shops.

Ya, and if you don't get the member's card during the main plot, I'm pretty sure you'll be unable to access the secret shops.

Isn't there a chance to get it at the end of Lagdou?

Edited by Levant Caprice

but is gatrie better than meg

Most definitely. Gatrie has consistently been one of my best units every playthrough, and Meg is often thought of as one of the worst in the game. So yeah.

I can't tell if you're trolling or being serious. I got a chuckle out of this though.

Nolan is pretty good so if nothing else just use bEXP if you wanna keep him.

and Meg is often thought of as one of the worst in the game. So yeah.

Meg is pretty accurate in representing DB as a whole. I'm now at 1-8 and other than

-Sothe

-Jill

-Zihark

-Nolan IF HE ISN'T RNG SCREWED

-that royal laguz queen

-Tormod

Even Volug need to down vulneraries like an addict. And without PoR laguz stones who knows how long other laguz need to finally transform.

The rest of Weak Brigade make Cath the Thief look like Berserk Ashnard.

I love it when people talk about Nolan, they bring up their RNG screwed Nolans and say he's bad. He isn't, you got screwed pretty bad- and more often than not, it seems. His growths are great, and his bases carry his Str & durability through (good Str base, pretty decent growth).

So the same can be said for Fiona, Meg, Leonardo - aren't bad, just rng screwed?

Soul~ you just said Nolan is the Est of RD: entirely dependent on RNG growths in order to not suck; only that this Est can't even fly.

So the same can be said for Fiona, Meg, Leonardo - aren't bad, just rng screwed?

Soul~ you just said Nolan is the Est of RD: entirely dependent on RNG growths in order to not suck; only that this Est can't even fly.

Hos is Nolan an Est if he is the strongest when he joins and has awesome growths to stay that way? Nolan is only outdone by the resident Jagens. Jill has more potential since she is a Dragon Knight but she needs quite a bit of resources because of her lackluster durability, inaccuracy and a growth spread that makes it difficult for her to outgrow these issues.

Edited by BrightBow

In all honesty Nolan is one of the best units in the game. Sure the RNG can screw you but overall his growths make him a Endgame worthy unit. Plus his value in the begining in keeping the DB alive is immeasurable.

Soul said that for Nolan, people bring up RNG-screwed Nolans. Fiona and Meg are undeniably bad just from bases; Leo's got... some use (mainly the Lughnasadh if, you know, he's usable when he gets it).

Out of the initial DB growth members, Edward and Nolan can handle themselves better from the get-go. Nolan isn't an Est because he starts off the best of the Tier 1 units (except maybe Jill) and has the potential to get better.

Really, just use Jill and forget Nolan if Nolan is being that much of a bother. Put a Seraph Robe and maybe an Energy Drop and/or Dracoshield on her. Give her a forge to up the accuracy and power boost.

Most definitely. Gatrie has consistently been one of my best units every playthrough, and Meg is often thought of as one of the worst in the game. So yeah.

I was joking a bit, there was someone a little while back trying to argue that Meg was better than Gatrie.

Who on earth would argue for Meg over Gatrie? I'm sure they were trolling but that is still just a dumb argument.

there is a thread called MEG IS AWESOME if you scroll down a little

haha no.

Nolan's actually capable and is pretty much required in earlygame HM if you don't want headaches.

a 40% str. growth is pretty decent. If he caps spd/skl/ early on, he can bexp his str up.

45% str growth is fine for Part 1 and 3, but Part 4 becomes frustrating because odds are he'll be pretty far away from his high str cap. Bexp helps, but it can be costly. I guess if you're playing for efficiency, you wouldn't bother using Nolan beyond 3-13 anyway.

Edited by Radiant head

Not with Titania around.

And, I mean, he's not exactly a Greil Mercenary, but Haar is available after just two part 3 chapters.

Yeah, I forgot about the existence of Titania.

Boyd with transfers is also better than Gatrie.

Boyd even with transfer boost in speed can't double anything in part 3, because the sages have at least 17 speed. He only could benefit by the killer axe and the bond supports with his two brothers.

Edited by Mister CatTeaDawn

Boyd even with transfer boost in speed can't double anything in part 3, because the sages have at least 17 speed. He only could benefit by the killer axe and the bond supports with his two brothers.

Transfer Boyd can use a Speedwing and be pretty much awesome. And as far as comparing to Gatrie, transfer Boyd has the same base Speed, similar Strength, better movement, and better overall caps.

Nolan is pretty good until post 3-6 where Jill time hampers his exp gain. He's a bit underwhelming in part 1, since you only train him out of necessity for 3-6 but at least he can hold his own.

I can't tell if you're trolling or being serious. I got a chuckle out of this though.

Nolan is pretty good so if nothing else just use bEXP if you wanna keep him.

It is a good play through, though. Have you seen it? The strats are surprisingly consistent.

Besides obviously Jill & Haar, which axe users can surpass Nolan/Boyd...Titania?

Renning :awesome: