QOTD IV!! 884: Who should be next QOTD master and why, or should it die?

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

movie novellizations tend to be wank, but arthur c clarke's 2001: a space odyssey was actually a great book. granted, clarke co-wrote the screenplay, and he wrote the book during production of the film, but still, the point stands

film adaptations can be varying degrees of wank, but sometimes they turn out pretty good as well

Film of the book, novelizations of movies don't really work that well from what I've experienced.

But yeah, I agree with Tonton, I'd rather watch it in a TV format.

A film of the book is edited neatly (sometimes for the better) while a novelisation is just a short story with a ton of fat slapped on.

it can be so fun to actually see a visualization of a story you read, if nothing else!

These cover my reason for tending to prefer films of books

Film of the book. I often prefer the original book over the film adaptation. But I don't think I've ever read a novelization of a film.

I am also in the "have never read a novelisation of a film" boat.

EDIT: As for yesterday, my time spent doing Christmas shows in various brass bands and choir groups made me get sick of hearing Christmas songs very quickly. I am still "on break" from Christmas music. Might eventually get around to listening to Christopher Lee's Metal Christmas songs though.

Edited by Blasied

film of the book is the correct answer

QUESTION SEVEN HUNDRED AND FIFTY-FIVE: What's your most useless talent?

courtesy specta, what's something that you're incredibly good at which has almost zero payoff in real life?

I can do some fancy-ish spinning tricks with objects like poles, sticks, cricket bats and other long-to-semi-long weapon-like objects. I have used this skill productively exactly once in my life.