QOTD IV!! 884: Who should be next QOTD master and why, or should it die?

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soul Caibur 5

you go from having Darth Vader as a playable character to Etizo (assassin's creed 2)

not my bigest gripe but one of them

the story mode and story in SC5 is so bad it makes me say "Fates isn't the worst story ever"

forthose who hate FE Fates' story play SC5's story mode, you'll be saying what I'm saying

if you think Camilla's obsession with Corrin is bad wait untill you see how obsessed Patroklos is with banging his sister Pyrrha

Dragon Age Inquisition, I guess. While I enjoyed most of it, it lacked any real tension or atmosphere in the story. It really wasn't engaging, hell I forgot the majority of what the plot was even about.

Also kinda relevant but after ASSASSCREED IV i really don't get why they would scrap the most interesting portion of the game and go back to the regular ASSASSCREED playstyle. Come on man I just want to be a pirate and do piraty things.

Hopefully Heart of Irons IV won't be disappointing sequel??? I mean it is one of the few games that justifiably needed to be streamlined, luckily it doesn't look like it will get TOO simplified.

metroid: other m was pretty disappointing compared to the rest of the series

it reinvented the combat formula for the entire series, straying away from 2d side-scroller and 3d rpg style of the prime series. powerups are gained not via scavenger hunt, but by authorization by adam, a little bitch

it is disappointingly bad

Majesty 1 was a pioneering RTS with a concept that has never since been attempted to be reached - it took direct control away from the player, reducing their influence over their units who were, essentially, heroes in their own little RPGs. It was a fantastic game that passed largely and unfairly under the radar. Sadly, Cyberlore - its makers - died, and we all figured that was the last there was of Majesty, until Paradox acquired the licence! Great news! So the sequel started to be made. Thrilling! Screenshots were leaked. The aesthetic was sort of like a pop-art fairytale, which is to say horrible, and the humour was trying far too hard. The cool reception seemed to terrify them a little into realising they were fucking around with forces beyond their comprehension, and they seemed to take it into account. More concept art was released. Elves, the best race of the first game because they were wild hedonists, were suddenly just stock fantasy elves. A lot of totally unnecessary changes were made to the classes even though Helia still ended up being the best - just, less the best than before, since Solarii were fucking incredible and will never be bested by any other RTS unit in the genre. Great. Well. Not promising, but, hey, they made some quality of life improvements, right? So you buy it, you install it, and... and...

... ugh...

It isn't even bad, it doesn't have the courtesy to be bad, it's just... disappointing. Mediocre. You get like halfway in and you drop it and never really try to get further because suddenly all the difficulty of this game comes in insanely hard end-zone boss fights which are n o t remotely the game's strength (what is this game's strength?) and you just can't be fucked anymore, you know? It isn't worth the effort. They apparently release some expansion packs, they're allegedly a lot better but you can't be bothered anymore, at least until it goes on sale for $5!

Do not buy the Majesty 2 Collection on Steam.

Paradox sent Steam a faulty installer. Five years ago. Nobody has fixed this. As it stands, the game fails to recognise you've bought it as a collection, with, you know, the expansions, and also apparently wipes your save files with every update even if you do manage the long and convoluted fix process. The people who made the game are, deservedly, bankrupt and out of a job, so the multiplayer (literally powered by Gamespy) doesn't work and nobody's trying to fix it and it's just a casualty in the troubled, estranged marriage between Steam and Paradox. The Paradox store sells via Steam keys. The game, made in 2009, is dead, and I lament it only because it couldn't disappoint me just one last time.

The Terminator, directed by by James Cameron, is an awesome sci-fi action film with horror undertones. It tells the story of 2 time travelers from 2029 going back in time- one is the T-800 Model 101 Terminator, who wants to kill Sarah Connor so her son John can't save humanity from the evil system known as Skynet, and the other is Kyle Reese, who John Connor sent back to save his mother's life. The plot is interesting and complex with an unforgettable theme song backed up by a good soundtrack. It solidified Arnold Schwarzenegger into one of the biggest movie stars in Hollywood after his great performance as the eponymous terrifying cyborg villain. Some of the effects used in it don't really hold up today, but Arnold totally killed it, and Michael Biehn as Kyle Reese is awesome too. It is recognized by the American National Film Registry as a culturally significant movie, because it is that good.

Terminator 2: Judgement Day, also by James Cameron, and features Arnold again as a cyborg, but this time he is helping a young John Connor escape a new threat from Skynet, the new and improved shapeshifting T-1000 robot. The story mostly isn't as complex, but it ties up some loose ends from the first movie like the original Terminator's hand being left behind, and Miles Dyson's story is compelling in his genuine wish to create a neural network Skynet to help create a defense system to help stop wars. when he finds out it will go wrong after an intense scene with Sarah Connor, now more grown-up and paranoid after the first movie, he does his best to change the future. The action scenes are awesome. The famous L.A. river drive with the T-800 and John on motorcycles with the T-1000 in hot pursuit is incredible and still holds up as a classic, and the ending in the steel mill is full of action, while the ending manages to be packed with emotion still. Arnold again nailed his performance as the T-800, while Robert Patrick as the T-1000 is a great villain. Linda Hamilton is even better in this movie than the previous one, and even Edward Furlong as the actor of John manages to be believable in the situation. It is one of the best action movies ever- it is even just flat out one of the best movies ever too.

Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines is the worst. It should never have existed. Terminator 2 was a perfect movie with an ending that stood on its own without need for a follow-up, and completely undermines the second movie. James Cameron never wanted to make more movies in the franchise, and it shows that he wasn't involved in this one. The new T-X cyborg doesn't really add anything substantial and isn't as interesting as the T-1000, and it overall just tries way too much to copy the success of the previous films rather than be a good movie in and of itself. Kristanna Loken's performance as the T-X is okay, and Arnold isn't bad even though he is put in ridiculous situations, but Nick Stahl is really whiny as a teenage John Connor and it's hard to feel supportive of him at all. The ending twist that Judgement Day can't really be averted is horrible, and just adds on to the fact that this movie is completely dreadful and I hate it.

I was going to just write "terminator 3 sucks" but I ended up spending 20 minutes on this instead. I guess that just goes to show how much I hate this movie. It is probably my least favorite ever. Don't watch it. Terminator Salvation and Terminator Genisys also suck. Don't watch them, unless you really want to see that one scene where Christian Bale flipped out in Salvation. Terminator Genisys was kind of okay in theatres but I went into it accepting that it was probably garbage so it was impossible for it to disappoint me. It's probably better than Terminator 3 and 4 at least. Genisys set up another probably dumb sequel in an after-credits scene. It will probably suck too.

The Terminator, directed by by James Cameron, is an awesome sci-fi action film with horror undertones. It tells the story of 2 time travelers from 2029 going back in time- one is the T-800 Model 101 Terminator, who wants to kill Sarah Connor so her son John can't save humanity from the evil system known as Skynet, and the other is Kyle Reese, who John Connor sent back to save his mother's life. The plot is interesting and complex with an unforgettable theme song backed up by a good soundtrack. It solidified Arnold Schwarzenegger into one of the biggest movie stars in Hollywood after his great performance as the eponymous terrifying cyborg villain. Some of the effects used in it don't really hold up today, but Arnold totally killed it, and Michael Biehn as Kyle Reese is awesome too. It is recognized by the American National Film Registry as a culturally significant movie, because it is that good.

Terminator 2: Judgement Day, also by James Cameron, and features Arnold again as a cyborg, but this time he is helping a young John Connor escape a new threat from Skynet, the new and improved shapeshifting T-1000 robot. The story mostly isn't as complex, but it ties up some loose ends from the first movie like the original Terminator's hand being left behind, and Miles Dyson's story is compelling in his genuine wish to create a neural network Skynet to help create a defense system to help stop wars. when he finds out it will go wrong after an intense scene with Sarah Connor, now more grown-up and paranoid after the first movie, he does his best to change the future. The action scenes are awesome. The famous L.A. river drive with the T-800 and John on motorcycles with the T-1000 in hot pursuit is incredible and still holds up as a classic, and the ending in the steel mill is full of action, while the ending manages to be packed with emotion still. Arnold again nailed his performance as the T-800, while Robert Patrick as the T-1000 is a great villain. Linda Hamilton is even better in this movie than the previous one, and even Edward Furlong as the actor of John manages to be believable in the situation. It is one of the best action movies ever- it is even just flat out one of the best movies ever too.

Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines is the worst. It should never have existed. Terminator 2 was a perfect movie with an ending that stood on its own without need for a follow-up, and completely undermines the second movie. James Cameron never wanted to make more movies in the franchise, and it shows that he wasn't involved in this one. The new T-X cyborg doesn't really add anything substantial and isn't as interesting as the T-1000, and it overall just tries way too much to copy the success of the previous films rather than be a good movie in and of itself. Kristanna Loken's performance as the T-X is okay, and Arnold isn't bad even though he is put in ridiculous situations, but Nick Stahl is really whiny as a teenage John Connor and it's hard to feel supportive of him at all. The ending twist that Judgement Day can't really be averted is horrible, and just adds on to the fact that this movie is completely dreadful and I hate it.

I was going to just write "terminator 3 sucks" but I ended up spending 20 minutes on this instead. I guess that just goes to show how much I hate this movie. It is probably my least favorite ever. Don't watch it. Terminator Salvation and Terminator Genisys also suck. Don't watch them, unless you really want to see that one scene where Christian Bale flipped out in Salvation. Terminator Genisys was kind of okay in theatres but I went into it accepting that it was probably garbage so it was impossible for it to disappoint me. It's probably better than Terminator 3 and 4 at least. Genisys set up another probably dumb sequel in an after-credits scene. It will probably suck too.

lol

I loved both original Diablo games, 1 & 2 have vast amounts of replay value, due to all the different builds and stuff (1 way less so of course). But it built up the lore

Diablo 2, theres so many classes to pick from and so many ways to make them, that the possibilities seem endless, and with friends testing out all these builds its a constant blast, helping other players with builds was also a very enjoyable time with Battlenet. Or just helping people level up and get good gear. Also had amazing locations and lore

Diablo 3, while being solid. Took away alot of what I felt made Diablo 2 stand out, every time you play as a class, you always get certain skills at certain points, eventually you get them all, there are no builds per say. Its fun pick up and play hack n slash action... But it feels like its missing its core, also some of the story choices just irked me the wrong way, but I know (LolDiablo story). So my gripes are mostly with the gameplay and making your character good being so easy to do that literally you don't have to put any thought or effort into it, because its a straight line, and it frustrates me.

Diablo 2, theres so many classes to pick from and so many ways to make them, that the possibilities seem endless, and with friends testing out all these builds its a constant blast, helping other players with builds was also a very enjoyable time with Battlenet. Or just helping people level up and get good gear. Also had amazing locations and lore

ok maybe it was just because i played a paladin but there was definitely not build diversity in d2x man

Oh yeah adding on with the new Battlefront game. They took EVERYTHING that made the first two unique and turned into a fucking multiplayer only battlefield-esque shooter.

It's more than expected that DICE/EA will add space battles in as a DLC or in a sequel and consumers are just gonna eat it up.

Moreover, EA's policy on modding fucked up any potential for mods, which BF2 had an active community for.

you'll never see john lennon wielding a hippie sword in high def graphics while oasis music is playing in the background

pallies and the game in general had a decent amount imo

when I recently went back to it I played tesladin/auradin because I had no gear

yes, the standards were hammerdin, smiter and zealot but you could make other stuff work

that said I don't really dislike diablo 3 for that reason since I thought it was fine in that regard but at the same time it couldn't really stand up to my literal favourite game of all time

Edited by Tryhard

ok maybe it was just because i played a paladin but there was definitely not build diversity in d2x man

Zealer, Hammerdin, Smiter, Auradin. Theres 4 builds right there.

Zealer, Hammerdin, Smiter, Auradin. Theres 4 builds right there.

i mean, you're not wrong

that's also, like, four builds that all boil down to the strategy of "have an aura on your right mouse and left click things." i don't think "which auras you can twist" really constitutes gameplay diversity.

hammerdin is literally hitler because you don't even left-click on things, you just left click and watch things die.

i'm really mad about hammerdins many years later ok

pallies and the game in general had a decent amount imo

when I recently went back to it I played tesladin/auradin because I had no gear

yes, the standards were hammerdin, smiter and zealot but you could make other stuff work

maybe i just sucked at d2x tbh because anytime i tried anything off a really bog-standard zealadin track (well, besides the other standard tracks) i stopped being able to kill things entirely in the middle of nightmare

let alone fucking hell, christ.

I loved both original Diablo games, 1 & 2 have vast amounts of replay value, due to all the different builds and stuff (1 way less so of course). But it built up the lore

Diablo 3, while being solid. Took away alot of what I felt made Diablo 2 stand out, every time you play as a class, you always get certain skills at certain points, eventually you get them all, there are no builds per say. Its fun pick up and play hack n slash action... But it feels like its missing its core, also some of the story choices just irked me the wrong way, but I know (LolDiablo story). So my gripes are mostly with the gameplay and making your character good being so easy to do that literally you don't have to put any thought or effort into it, because its a straight line, and it frustrates me.

i'd argue the majority of these issues have been fixed in recent patches, as an avid diablo iii player

build diversity has drastically changed, and the game is more or less not d2's "have the most powerful character" but more "what can you achieve under a certain build"

obviously the powerful build undertones still exist, but it's shifting towards what WoW did with level 90 characters

there's a particularly hilarious build that I used involving Conversion and the Thorns aura. In which I would convert monsters to my side, stay out of range and have the thorns aura on so enemies that attacked them got damage returned to them

it wasn't very effective, but it was fun

Edited by Tryhard

i'd argue the majority of these issues have been fixed in recent patches, as an avid diablo iii player

build diversity has drastically changed, and the game is more or less not d2's "have the most powerful character" but more "what can you achieve under a certain build"

obviously the powerful build undertones still exist, but it's shifting towards what WoW did with level 90 characters

does that mean you're home yet

there's a particularly hilarious build that I used involving Conversion and the Thorns aura. In which I would convert monsters to my side, stay out of range and have the thorns aura on so enemies that attacked them got damage returned to them

it wasn't very effective, but it was fun

i did that too with some savescumming actually! it was really fun for about one zone and then got really tedious

i do appreciate that it was possible

so i guess d2x had a lot of build possibilities just a lot of them sucked

Stone Ocean just felt rather mediocre compared to Vento Aureo. I mean, yeah, it had some really good moments, but it had a lot of meh moments too. Most of the stands especially seemed really lame compared to Vento Aureo, which has some of the best stands in the series imo. Weather Report is a particularly egregious example, since it stretches the definition of weather control really far (refracting rays of sunlight to send subliminal messages into peoples minds that make them think that they are turning into snails? I'm sorry, but what?), with its powers seemingly limited only by Araki's your imagination.

Though I'll admit, I kind of like Weather Report despite the above statement because I find the absurdity of it's range of powers kind of hilarious. It's like a B-movie in that it becomes so bad it's good.

i was really young when i played originally and so i put like 20 points into the first firebolt spell you get as sorceress and wondered why I wasn't doing any damage

there's a lot of possibilities that just end up sucking and a lot of the skills themselves sucked

in that regard diablo 3 is far more balanced but it does lose a lot of the choice in putting points into stats/skills... even if you mess them up

hell, d2 eventually went and added a respec

why do you hate hammerdins

did one kill you repeatedly

(tbf i don't really know how to build one to this day and pally is my favourite class lol)

Edited by Tryhard

because they're (or were in 1.09, idfk now) overpowered easy mode pieces of garbage and don't even feel like paladins

and hammer itself is a stupid spell that's no fun to use but it does tons of damage