QOTD IV!! 884: Who should be next QOTD master and why, or should it die?

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been forever since I last read my horoscope, but it's been my experience that horoscopes are vague enough that they can be shoehorned into just about any scenario.

as an astrophysics person, i've got a lot of beef with astrological happenings and horoscopes. i think astrology is a malignant tumor on mankind. also, the word astronomy means, "account of the stars" and astronomy meaning, "arrangement of the stars," so astrologists took our word too. i happen to prefer the way astronomy sounds, but i'm sure that's only cause i grew up hating the word astrology (before i actually knew either's etymologies).

they're designed to be just vague enough so anyone can easily find overlap, whilst obvious contradictions are effortlessly ignored. as a pisces, apparently i'm good at art, "susceptible to change" (i guess it's trying to say "accepting" but susceptible is poor word choice imo), and desperately afraid of ridicule. i only identify with the change thing (using my personal interpretation of the phrase), and vehemently disagree with the other two. yet, nightmarre, another pisces, seems to strongly agree. or at least agree somewhat.

i know this isn't the time or place but when it comes to topics i'm very passionate about, i can't help myself! :p

they're designed to be just vague enough so anyone can easily find overlap, whilst obvious contradictions are effortlessly ignored. as a pisces, apparently i'm good at art, "susceptible to change" (i guess it's trying to say "accepting" but susceptible is poor word choice imo), and desperately afraid of ridicule. i only identify with the change thing (using my personal interpretation of the phrase), and vehemently disagree with the other two. yet, nightmarre, another pisces, seems to strongly agree. or at least agree somewhat.

"Susceptible" implies a somewhat unconscious tendency to be malleable, while "accepting" suggests that it's something the person is aware of, a part of who they are that they are aware of. IMO anyway. Are you saying it's a poor word choice for describing you in particular?

Nevermind, that's obviously what you were saying.

I think horoscopes are stupid too, but I don't really see how they're malignant.

Edited by Severian

Let's see...

Libra Strength Keywords:

- Diplomatic

- Graceful

- Peaceful

- Idealistic

- Hospitable

Seems mildly accurate.

Libra Weakness Keywords:

- Superficial

- Vain

- Indecisive

- Unreliable

Unreliable and indecisive, definitely. Not sure about those other 2.

"Libras dislike hard work,"

Sounds about right.

"They are also likely to hide or bend their own true feelings"

Surprisingly accurate despite what some people might think...

I guess overall yes.

Edited by Interest

leo and they're pretty good

QUESTION SIX HUNDRED AND SIXTY-ONE: How well can you swim?

nearly seven hundred questions, we haven't asked this shit?